test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

End of Neverwinter Open Beta - Week-long Events!

Comments

• Options
    wildgerwildger Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I opened up a number of bags and I never got a single dog. I feel that the events are not too bad so far in the Dragon server. It is hard to find a balance to spawn for beginners at low levels and those at lvl 60. Final phase, may be better, I hope.
  • Options
    kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    LAME EVENT!

- 1HKO mobs means LVL60 CW's are just dominating the event (AOE dominates really)
    - Mixing everyone together means that only high levels ever get anything of interest
    - Single Enchantment of Crit/AP or Health/Life-steal is rather dull
    - Blue dog is cool looking, but stats are horrible
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • Options
    killerellakillerella Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi, just a friendly FYI, the shard maintenance is scheduled to start 2 hours earlier than the posted time of the end of Phase 3.
  • Options
    gek1956gek1956 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ya but I worked my *** off as a mid level CW for about 12 hours, got built 9 lvl5 duals, 290 bones 11 scrolls and 2 dogs... the stopped for a bit to do some other stuff... but I stayed close to the spawns and I stayed logged in... Thirty minutes later I'm digging through a coupla dozen goodies at my feet and come up with lol... another dog O_O... so really man.. all ya got to do is BE there.. even though we CW's do much of the damage , for this event the drops go to anyone there.. don't believe me? sit out a spawn but stay in yer usual spot, I''l bet ya get stuff anyway. STOP WITH THE CRYIN!!!! Anyway ya can BUY a dog for 40 bones....... :P
  • Options
    telsilvertelsilver Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have been having fun...yes, the 60's take/do the brunt of the damage, but I have gotten the title and some good drops on my low (below 30) level CW and DC.
  • Options
    daddydethdaddydeth Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    N e 1 know if bone vendor is staying or going after tomorrow?
  • Options
    mofugli1mofugli1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 40
    edited June 2013
    I got the Protector title on a level 4 rogue so really not too difficult, event was a great idea, hope we see many more on a regular basis
  • Options
    masterm1990masterm1990 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Skeletal dog? Hmmm....

I think is good but how about the other skin?
  • Options
    darminiondarminion Member Posts: 35
    edited June 2013
    daddydeth wrote: »
    N e 1 know if bone vendor is staying or going after tomorrow?

I was wondering the same thing. :/

If they remove the bone vendor right as the event ends they'll probably end up upsetting quite a lot of people.
  • Options
    lurie01lurie01 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Has maintenance started yet & is anyone else having trouble logging in? i click on neverwinter to play but nothing comes up,no patcher at all & when i try to do it from the game client it says connection has timed out when i try to log in...i've been trying to get online all afternoon :(
  • Options
    chelseacrafterchelseacrafter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As usual they give us inadequate information about these events. They don't tell us if the bone currency is going to continue after the event. They don't tell us when the last time we can redeem bones is. Did they really just invent a temporary bone currency for one event and 3 items to purchase that already drop in the event? Or will there be other goodies we get to redeem them for during a celebration of the live launch?

I'm puzzled why celebrate the end of open beta rather than celebrate the actual launch? Odd... then again I've learned not to expect logic or common sense anymore. I'll just take it as it comes. :D
  • Options
    pegasusbuff1pegasusbuff1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When this new patch is coming?
  • Options
    yokanaanyokanaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'm very pleased with this event. Got 3 skeletal dogs yesterday and I'm only level 24 Great Weapon Fighter. Today three hours fighting portals and nothing - only bones. On the other hand savage enchantment rank 6:)

I had to solo today because I was alone near portal and it was very painful. Didn't die but I was extremely close to that and my drop was worse as well. With 2-6 people I got very good results - plenty of runes, dogs and bones. With more - especially high levels with area attack spells it's difficult to get anything.
  • Options
    jody1990jody1990 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pegasusbuff1: It says on the very first page and post... click the link and read plz..

Will we get a new class tonight? (for me its night when patch comes :P)
    I hear and read alot about ranger/warlock but I have yet to find a dev confirmation.
    (I hope we get a new class!! =D)
  • Options
    lurie01lurie01 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sigh...i still cant log in & no idea why :(
  • Options
    misfit1985misfit1985 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is the bone vendor going away after maintenance?
  • Options
    icetyger1icetyger1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    brazennl wrote: »
    Does this scale across levels?

Seems to, I was killing the invaders at lvl 25-30. Mind you I did die a few times if I was near a portal that had no other players there as well.

Got the Skeletal Dog on Both my Characters, don't take all that long to farm 40 bones. Just the White one no Idea where ppl in game were getting the Blue one or what difference the blue one is other than being Blue lol
  • Options
    icetyger1icetyger1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lurie01 wrote: »
    sigh...i still cant log in & no idea why :(

Servers down for Maintenance that's why you can't log in. Should be up again in about half an hour.
  • Options
    mrrb2000mrrb2000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is the bone vendor going away after maintenance?

don't know, i used all mine 99 bones for the safe side.
  • Options
    dyarkdyark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This new guild instance says 40 players on each side for a total of 80..... Really when anytime we get 30 or so it becomes lag city?
  • Options
    umbrasicarius912umbrasicarius912 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bring the damned vendors back for a day! Least you guys could do after the false notification of another portal appearing then ending the event!
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why is the vendor gone? People still have bones!
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    glaikit1glaikit1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bring the damned vendors back for a day! Least you guys could do after the false notification of another portal appearing then ending the event!

I completely agree a poor event made even worse by the failure to properly give warning of event finishing(No Final boss/special ending?)and to cap it just to remove the bone vendor without any warning what so ever,,why not just kick all of us in the teeth that never got the rare dog drop while your at it.......................................
  • Options
    sarranspsarransp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    150 Bones left over and no way to use them, why remove the vendor right after we all ran to what we thought was the last wave?! I suppose I should've thought ahead about what was likely to happen but I am still peeved.
  • Options
    umbrasicarius912umbrasicarius912 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sarransp wrote: »
    150 Bones left over and no way to use them, why remove the vendor right after we all ran to what we thought was the last wave?! I suppose I should've thought ahead about what was likely to happen but I am still peeved.
    I agree; i should of used my bones when i knew the event was going to end. That notice about another wave threw me off...
  • Options
    mikehamikeha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree; i should of used my bones when i knew the event was going to end. That notice about another wave threw me off...
    Ha not concerned with the bones, Just wondering what truly was done for this game the only two addition I see are alchemy and this stupid dungeon no new paths for any classes or even additions to classes no pet tomes, etc and they had a long period of time to get this in game.
  • Options
    theauralextheauralex Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    580 bones and no vendor to use them on. Please bring back the vendors so I can make use of them.
    .....It all started with Zork then JeeNus Too(MUD), Sundered Realms (MUD), Ultima Online, Dark Age of Camelot (since SI), WarHammer Online, WoW, Guild Wars 2 and now NeverWinter Founder x2
  • Options
    dissengulp71dissengulp71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Please bring back the vendors for the end of Open Beta event, TONS of players were hoarding bones for the final big turn in. Most MMOs leave event barterers in-place for some time after the event just so players can off-load the items.
    Frothy Ironanvil, Lvl 60 Dwarven Cleric
    Leader, Stormblades
    Dragon Shard
  • Options
    mechomancermechomancer Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I little notice in the event news would have been nice PW, or a warning like the downtime in game "the vendor won't be back, so ignore the last wave or two and spend what you have". What was the point of running the event up until the patch where we can get event loot if you take the spending option away from us?? Idiotic!
  • Options
    theauralextheauralex Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sarransp wrote: »

580 bones here and no vendor to use them on. It took a while playing to amass them. Please allow us access to the vendors so we can make use of them.

....I saw that System Notification of the "New Portals in one minute" and thought that I would have time to go and trade with the vendor. Unfortunately that was false.
    .....It all started with Zork then JeeNus Too(MUD), Sundered Realms (MUD), Ultima Online, Dark Age of Camelot (since SI), WarHammer Online, WoW, Guild Wars 2 and now NeverWinter Founder x2