test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

End of Neverwinter Open Beta - Week-long Events!

Comments

• Options
    cczeuscczeus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So are these "unique" enchantments really unique? I heard that they were adding fused enchantments into the game in a future update. Are these enchantments not going to be added, or will they just not be available for a while? Same question for the companion, will it be obtainable after the event via drop or some other system?
  • Options
    ezaphielezaphiel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    ravin wrote: »
    What would be an awesome bonus, and what would get me to log in daily is if events like these awarded bonus Ardent Coins, maybe even a chance to halve the time it would take to collect the coins to get the angel companion. A year is a little ridiculous.

I totally agree with you, my friend, to think I was hoping to get the angel AND the white horse! Perhaps some 'religious' quests can help players earn extra ardent coins.
  • Options
    ezaphielezaphiel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    thwaite81 wrote: »
    So, I waited 15 minutes to get 1 bones and nearly crashed my computer. Is there supposed to be better drops rates or a chest at the end that actually gives you something? Because all I got a was a (ONE) lousy bone.
    I tried 4 times and I crashed too! Had to force-quit the game and restart again. The way to go around this is to keep picking up the treasure during fighting, and as the portal is closing, don't wait - log out immediately. This was how i survived.
  • Options
    ujavcadujavcad Member Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    what I do is: when the portal closes and I see the game freeze, I just alt+tab to desktop, wait a few seconds then go back => never crashed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vangeraldvangerald Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As an old City of Heroes player, the portals are a lot less laggy than the old Rikti Invasions, where you got 1 frame per 10 minutes.
  • Options
    xareaxarea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ravin wrote: »
    What would be an awesome bonus, and what would get me to log in daily is if events like these awarded bonus Ardent Coins, maybe even a chance to halve the time it would take to collect the coins to get the angel companion. A year is a little ridiculous.

Amen brutha, I must admit the new runes are nice if a bit underpowered.
    as is, it's an AoE paradise, read caster & since the recent update, I'm guessing you caved to the whiny wizard *****es, Just cuz ppl whine doesn't mean you should cave. I had a hard enough time killing CW's, now they own ****.
  • Options
    irtopakarairtopakara Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can i keep my Character after the beta ends. Or do they zero all. Havent really gotten an answer. Thx all :) Really loving this game.
  • Options
    huckasexhuckasex Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    if you havent gotten an answer yet then it means you didnt bother to look for it at all

you will keep everything
  • Options
    joshrandhalljoshrandhall Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Personally, I'm glad to see this type of event and hope there are many more to come.

Reminds me of the old UO City take overs - Trinsic was incredible!!!

Keep it up - now why can't I get a blue skeleton dog drop at lvl 33?
  • Options
    violetstarvioletstar Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    have seen people spamming a purple skeleton dog... anyone know how this differs from the blue and does the blue skeleton dog get the fire effect like the ones on the dias
  • Options
    huckasexhuckasex Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    purple means it has a max level of 30 instead of the blue's 25
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ok but does the blue get that fire effect or not?
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mafiupl wrote: »
    Same here - this is the worst event i have ever seen in any MMO. Playing Cleric so no chances to get many kills. No chance to get dog or anything when CW/TR/GWF are around...

Uhm...I'm a cleric too, and I get about the same rewards as my non-cleric guildmates. .... stopped after getting around 100 bones and buying 2 (gray) dogs - was hoping to get a blue dog drop, but no such luck.

Just spam any AoE power and do some (even if minor) damage on as many mobs as possible.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    violetstar wrote: »
    ok but does the blue get that fire effect or not?

My blue one didn't get the fire effect ):
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    frishter wrote: »

why do they do that... show the ones with the nifty effect but you cant get it?
  • Options
    grimhelmegrimhelme Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think it would be better if the portals weren't located in such cramped locations, along with all the other suggestions in this thread.
  • Options
    hscorpiohscorpio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Actually it's been fine for since they patched the portals.
    I've had portals where only 2-3 guys and gals try to hold of the horde, which is actually getting close to a challenge (not really tho =P )

And surprisingly the loot isn't all that bad anymore, even for my poor rogue.
  • Options
    tangodiotangodio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited June 2013
    i think some people did not read the event message because it said in it that you only have to help kill something, not to kill them all. Anyway i still having some fun since i am doing some quest in between event. I dit not get any dog yet but i have about 70 bones and i few runes... I tried with my CW and GWF and both had no trouble... in fact i had better luck with loot when using single attack like feeblemind and other spell like it on my CW. AOE spell not so great... only good to clear a path...
  • Options
    fayevritfayevrit Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    frishter wrote: »

You get the fire effect when your companion reaches level 10.
  • Options
    ignaciosllignaciosll Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It would be awesome if this great events didn't come with huge ammounts of LAGGGGGGGGGGGG
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    fayevrit wrote: »
    You get the fire effect when your companion reaches level 10.
    Thanks, that's nice to know. I did wonder if it could be something like that :D
    ignaciosll wrote: »
    It would be awesome if this great events didn't come with huge ammounts of LAGGGGGGGGGGGG
    They have fixed the portal lag which is good. Any lag that still exists would lead me to think that your pc is a little underpowered for the all of the mobs and spells going off. Although I have had lag when alt+tabbing for a long while.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hscorpio wrote: »
    Actually it's been fine for since they patched the portals.
    I've had portals where only 2-3 guys and gals try to hold of the horde, which is actually getting close to a challenge (not really tho =P )

Try doing it solo. Happened to me this morning the first time the "final event" was running so I really didn't know what to expect. I was the only one there ... which was not a problem before.

This time, ugh

Anyhow, after resurrecting and running back, there were two other people there, and we managed just fine. Maybe it is doable solo if you are prepared - I know I was not....but I haven't had a chance to test that.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    my skeledog is level 11 and doesn't have the flame but he does have eyes like glowing embers.

edit: yes, it is the blue skeletal dog.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    So is the event as we see it right now complete? Or is there more coming?
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    kifla14kifla14 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have few question about the event ending. Will the bone vendor dissapear imediatly as event ends and also will the bags of bones in our inventorys dissappear after the event as well?
  • Options
    iceybluekitsuneiceybluekitsune Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 83
    edited June 2013
    now there has been a few things recently that have weighed heavily on how much i have enjoyed this game but on the up side i just wanted to say i really find the art in some of the places really really nice. more recently during the final phase of this event when the city went to night and the moon was out, that looked really nice and i really wish the server or atleast the city would have some sort of day/night cycle. sure its not something that would solidly ensure i stick around (as there are more gameplay/quality-of-life issues im seeing) but it would show more of the art style and keep with the actual idea of time passing.
  • Options
    viejitaviejita Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Will Makos' Apprentice be stillavailable for exchange after the event ends?
  • Options
    nerull1nerull1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ya know the event hasn't been bad, but for the past 3 days doing it i have YET to get a Blue Skel Dog, i have opened Countless Bags of Bones and have got nothing more than a small army of Regular Skeleton Dogs and more Savage Enchantments than i know what to do with. I Understand they are Random, but i see guys getting them after 1 run.......Talk about Frustration. All i want is one Blue Skeleton Dog and i can quit this Non-sense
  • Options
    maelimomaelimo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vortican wrote: »
    This shall interrupt my crafting, but I shall put down my awl and assist when I can. After I have banished the demons back to the netherworld, I shall once again continue crafting many, many pairs of pants.
    You are indeed a hero my friend.
  • Options
    jeepinjeepin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am LOL'ing at these people that say "All I've Gotten is..." I haven't gotten anything but Enchants, bones, and some scrolls... The dogs will flood the market and you will be able to buy them for pretty cheap I am guessing.