test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I'm new... I just spent some money on neverwinter.. boy am i regretting it.

1235»

Comments

• samanthyasamanthya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited June 2013
    Mmm... I bought the healer and love her personally. Of course I only have her on my GWF but she's an amazing boost for mass aoe farming.
  • mikael74mikael74 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sean88888 wrote: »
    My account was banned for trying to get a refund.... lol.

Is this true?
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jfood wrote: »
    So it's cool selling poorly balanced or broken things, only requirement being that they're in the shop?

That's just silly. Who does that? That's like the business model of carnies and pawnshop owners.

They cannot win. If they put good items in the cash shop, the game is pay to win and everyone whines about it. If they put sub par items in the cash shop, its a rip off and people whine about it.
    I personally am GLAD that most of the stuff in the shop is worthless. That is a lot better than having to buy it in order to function. And they just announced a price cut on the one thing we probably "need" -- respec tokens are gonna be 3 bucks soon.
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I didn't buy founders pack of HoTN or whatever...Why spend money on a game you dont know you'll like when the game itself is free? Makes no sense. Leveled to 60, enjoyed it. Threw 40 dollars at the game so far.

The only thing I don't like is the cash shop and the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-poor end of beta event. Also, there are system changes that need to be tweaked to make it a more enjoyable experience. Example: Allowing dungeon groups to requeu for players after downing a few bosses.

Other than that, for a free game its solid and fun. I didn't think Id roll an alt in this game, but I just started a GWF.

Spend your money on what YOU want. Dyes, bank space, character slots, etc.

BTW, wish I could have a drow :(
  • bioxragebioxrage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I looked at the Zen store, there's really nothing worth purchasing in my opinion asides from the 24 bag spaces, and of course the bank slots.

The reason I leaned more towards the founders pack is because I tend to have "character a.d.d" which means I character swap a lot. So purchasing Zen and buying a mount is great... however it would be bound to one character.

Having an unlimited supply of new starting items for as many characters as I create is more appealing, that's just how I see it.

If you can commit to one character $200 worth would be far more worth while on something else.

p.s. I love my Drow.
  • holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sounds like a personal problem. This isn't very good feedback. I've done alot of things that I regret in life. The last thing I do is get on a forums and try to blame someone else for it.

By the way, I don't regret buying the founders packs. So there's my feedback.
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    sean99999 wrote: »
    My first horrible experience: Purchasing a neverwinter founder's pack. Can you say buyer's remorse? The spider was horrible, i was given a bunch of junk items which completely overwhelmed my inventory space.

The idea of the founder pack is more that you willingly give money to help them to start their MMO. You're not supposed to get Godlike stuff in exchange, it's more a symbolic reward, a blue name in forum, a flashy title on your head.
    English is not my first language.
  • nikitaoznikitaoz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    sean99999 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

This is not a rant, more of a feedback.

I just started playing neverwinter for 3-4 days. I have a steady job, and i liked the game enough, so i decided to spend some money on it.

My first horrible experience: Purchasing a neverwinter founder's pack. Can you say buyer's remorse? The spider was horrible, the drow race was ok, the blue weapon was terrible as it made level 1-15 content completely trivial. Other than that i was given a bunch of junk items which completely overwhelmed my inventory space.

I then consulted the forums, and everyone says the same thing: Spend your money on zen and buy the items instead.

Alright.. i made a mistake, let's buy some Zen instead, which leads to my next horrible experience:
    I look at the companion list, and i see a Healer "Acolyte of kelemvor". A healer sounds useful to me!
    Then i find out that the healer... doesn't heal, and performs even worse than the free cleric i received in game.
    I then consulted the forums again, and everyone says : Acolyte of Kelemvor is worthless! Haha.

So basically, before i buy ANY item off the Zen store, i have to do research by looking through the forums for information?
    Neverwinter devs, you really need to improve your performance on the ZEN store. You should never sell items that encourages your customers to pursue a refund. It doesn't make any business sense whatsoever.

Thanks,
    Sean.

Mate, please, always check forums. And check forums even when you are choosing a class.
    You should know its pluses and minuses. But you've spent your money and just try to enjoy the game for what it is.
    There are things to do. It is just very limiting. And solo content becomes slightly harder after level 45.
    Harder but not necessary enticing.
  • anthonydamanthonydam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the spider is awesome
    Need a website? Why not Zoidberg?!
  • fornahn1fornahn1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Also bought the acolyte without reading it first, used her on my GWF and after reading the abilities just maxed out her level, Life steal and recovery. I found that she is actually a better healer than the cleric for the GWF in a lot of situations, anything involving AoE and it is amazing my HP bar never drops. Probably work well with a TR also with the number of fast attacks to keep the healing procs rolling, and I think she draws way less aggro aslo.
  • poac1poac1 Member Posts: 88
    edited June 2013
    Neverwinters pay to win, exploit the in-game model that's currently driving Zen prices into the ground...or get out your bank card to get your gear.

Before you say this is an exaggeration show me who has all rank 10 enchants in tier sets, show me how they acquired wealth.

I can save you the time, they payed for it with real life cash or exploited.
  • jchrise102jchrise102 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bought the Acolyte of Kelemvor for my GWF and I think she is awesome, especially in Dungeons. Gear with Life steal and Recovery. Save your strongest burst ability for when you have the Kelemvor's Sword blessing on you. Awesome self heal.

Imo for the GWF the Acolyte is a better companion than the Cleric. Don't know how she works with other classes. Could imagine she'd be a poor choice for a GF.

In regards to the rest of your grievances OP, I am sorry for your loss. It is never nice to feel cheated out on a purchase.
    The old world will burn in the fires of industry
  • farcursefarcurse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    this game has a lot of issues atm but cash shop isn't one of them.... the prices are there and the abils listed as well .. as for the heroes pack i don't have it because i don't thing it was worth it however you do get the items on all the chars so..... personal choice Guardian is the best buy, and yes i dont think i can get a better deal in the normal cash shop
    what open boxes ? no guaranties i get a mount i got 4 chars how many boxes do i need to open ?
    spend 2k-3k a mount x4 ? no ty + i get a pet and got a weapon to speed up lower lvls
    its not a bad deal it would be a bad deal if u could only claim the mount on 1 char