test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I'm new... I just spent some money on neverwinter.. boy am i regretting it.

Comments

• stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In every MMO, some people regret purchasing the game or a CE or something, others don't, it isn't so much an admonishment on the game rather a matter of personal taste. For instance I'm still very happy with my HoN purchase, why is my opinion any more or less valid than the OP's?

The constant complainers won't see it that way though.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the feedback! It's very helpful, and we appreciate it!
    sean99999 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

This is not a rant, more of a feedback.

I just started playing neverwinter for 3-4 days. I have a steady job, and i liked the game enough, so i decided to spend some money on it.

My first horrible experience: Purchasing a neverwinter founder's pack. Can you say buyer's remorse? The spider was horrible, the drow race was ok, the blue weapon was terrible as it made level 1-15 content completely trivial. Other than that i was given a bunch of junk items which completely overwhelmed my inventory space.

I then consulted the forums, and everyone says the same thing: Spend your money on zen and buy the items instead.

Alright.. i made a mistake, let's buy some Zen instead, which leads to my next horrible experience:
    I look at the companion list, and i see a Healer "Acolyte of kelemvor". A healer sounds useful to me!
    Then i find out that the healer... doesn't heal, and performs even worse than the free cleric i received in game.
    I then consulted the forums again, and everyone says : Acolyte of Kelemvor is worthless! Haha.

So basically, before i buy ANY item off the Zen store, i have to do research by looking through the forums for information?
    Neverwinter devs, you really need to improve your performance on the ZEN store. You should never sell items that encourages your customers to pursue a refund. It doesn't make any business sense whatsoever.

Thanks,
    Sean.
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • rhazes1rhazes1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    Don't worry about the mount you will most likely get the mount bug and won't be able to use it anyways.
    I spend all day reading every thread and letting people know this is BETA.
  • visigoth18visigoth18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nah, The 200$ was basically a "thank you Cryptic/ PW" I'll throw $$$ at you like your a Kickstarter in the hopes you make $$$ and keep developing a new D&D game "cus for whatever reason they don't play DDO" :] see easy!
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Moderator Notice:
    This thread has now been cleansed. If what one is about to post is at all rude or insulting, then do not post it. Please review the Rules of Conduct and adhere to them folks. There is no reason to be rude or insulting to anyone or anything. Do not reply to this Moderator Notice, for doing so is not allowed on the forums. Instead, contact us via PM or through Support to discuss Moderator Actions. Thank you!
  • stevehaustevehau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As per usual, OP is wrong...nice posting guys.

What you have forgotten is that the OPs feedback is that PW are making a fundamental marketing error. If you undermine consumer confidence at the outset of the game what is the consumer going to do? Stop investing in the supplier. They will also paint a negative outlook of the product to anyone else who mentions Neverwinter.

Yes, a buyer should do some research but the situation is that they shouldn't have to! You should be able to purchase a product in confidence. It's only in the twisted world of apologist consumerism that others think that when a company successfully under-delivers to their financial benefit that it's the consumers error. Stop kicking the OP and perhaps your voice might help instigate changes for the better!
  • sean99999sean99999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drakedge2 wrote: »
    Why does everyone think the acolyte is a healer? It even says in the description that she is NOT before you buy it. People just need to read what they are buying before they buy it. She mitigates damage and increases your life steal ability.

It says she is a healer on the zenstore on the initial description. This is why i paid for her. Only when you inspect her abilities, it doesn't have "healing".

Deceptive marketing, similar to another one i bought: "Active companion slot". It doesn't let you have another active companion, it lets you have an additional slot. Big difference.
  • sean99999sean99999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    delgatto42 wrote: »
    Not to call you a liar, but could you set the HotN forum title so your story seems more believable?

Done. Took me a few minutes to find out how. lol.
  • futrixfutrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So basically, before i buy ANY item off the ANY store, i have to do research by looking through the forums for information?

Fixed that for you.
    And the answer is 1000 times yes. Before this game, after this game, for non-game products... yes. Always research so you aren't disappointed or misinformed.
    edited May 2013
    stevehau wrote: »
    You should be able to purchase a product in confidence.

Exactly what i was thinking steve.
    Now i am extremely wary of spending another dollar with Perfect World.
    I have bought many products confidently previously on many other online games (even facebook games).
  • xxxretsopmixxxretsopmi Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You starting to realize that this game is not "free" to play even after forking out $60 for the game? Yea. Makes other titles with significantly more content and less monthly recurring costs seem so much more enticing doesn't it?

I personally am loving GW2 right now. I've spent $60 on the game and $50 on gems for the shop. I have plenty of bank space, plenty of bag space, and am having no trouble at all making gold.

Such a shame such a great engine, graphics and combat is ruined by greed and outright dumb game design. I'm still scratching my head in disbelief.

We'll see how things fare in another 90 days... Judging by the backlash already, 2 weeks in, I'm thinking its gonna get ugly around here.

yea but you have crappy characters, terrible races, a story that sucks, and combat that is terrible. Enjoy it.
  • combatclown81combatclown81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How exactly is the spider terrible? it's one of the fastest if I'm not mistaken. Is cryptic really to blame because you didn't bother reading the description of the companion you bought? I did the same thing, thinking it was a cleric. That was my mistake for not reading the description. Own up to your mistakes and stop putting the blame on someone else.
  • sizaspsizasp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yea but you have crappy characters, terrible races, a story that sucks, and combat that is terrible. Enjoy it.
    its not, combat system is awesome, and D&D is a great tittle,
    But the Cash system stink, i just dont know why i continue to play haha!
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    everyone says the same thing: Spend your money on zen and buy the items instead.

I'm not everyone, i'm pretty happy with what i got. I knew what i was getting, and am happy with it.
    before i buy ANY item ... i have to do research

Fixed that for you. That's true in all of life. Not knocking you, i've done it too, but with more major items.

That companion is pretty good though, just not a healer in the traditional sense. She's not as bad as you think, especially once she's 30.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    The Cleric of Kelemvor is not a bad companion but you need specific gear in order to trigger it's indirect healing abilities (it heals by debuffing your enemies and gives you life steal when you damage them). So you need to equip yourself and the cleric with life steal gear in order to take full advantage of the pet.
  • saintavalonsaintavalon Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mostly this... welcome to free 2 play.

You have to pay close attention to what you are buying, and do some research to see if it will indeed benifit you. The idea of free 2 play is to charge players for things a subscription based game would just give you. As people pay money in any game or area, they tend to stick with it as they don't want to "lose" the investment.

In reality you shouldn't need to buy a single thing from the Zen market, and you can trade Astral Diamonds for Zen in game. Doing this will prevent you from spending money on things you don't need to, or shouldn't need to.
  • nemonusnemonus Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    ashrox10 wrote: »
    Welcome to anything. You do research before throwing money into it.

You need to learn to research before waving your card. Cryptic don't need to describe absolutely everything in their Zen store if it takes a 10 second google to get a better example / review.

Wow. This is perhaps one of the <removed>, and certainly the most bizarre, thing I've read on these forums today. I'm literally shocked.

I can only hope you actually work at Cryptic and
    <removed>.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    nemonus wrote: »
    Wow. This is perhaps one of the <removed>, and certainly the most bizarre, thing I've read on these forums today. I'm literally shocked.

I can only hope you actually work at Cryptic and
    <removed>.
    That user is not a PWE Employee. What gave you that impression?
  • nemonusnemonus Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    That was mostly a factitious suggestion.

As for why I made it, well it just makes absolutely no sense to tell someone that the company they are buying from shouldn't have to adequately explain the products they are selling. Especially when this customer might become disgruntled and not buy anything in the future. I was [jokingly] suggesting that only someone with a vested interested in the company could say something so silly.

edit: I sincerely apologize for my use of the word "silly" in this post and hope that it hasn't greatlily offended any small children or priests in the room.
  • martianmanrapermartianmanraper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    Just your mistake, unfortunately. The acolyte does say life steal in its tooltip.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So basically, before i buy ANY item off the Zen store, i have to do research

I like your tone Shawn so I'm not gonna troll ya. But honestly. Yes. You should do research on anything you are going to spend money on.

If anyone ever took the time to actually read and understand the End License Agreement on the Apple products or XBOX or any company they would actually realize that every single digital thing you have ever spent money on isn't real, it isn't yours and it can be taken away at anytime for any reason and there is nothing you can do about it.

While we sit back and think people that are buying CD's and DVD's are dumb and old fashion...

ANother example, How many of you buy the "Great Value" brand from Walmart? Hmm? Huh? Did you know, with just a few minutes research that it is 100% owned and operated and manufactured and produced by China?

They could wipe out 3/4 of our population just by poisoning 2 or 3 of the more popular products sold at Walmart. So I will buy Great Value branded Paper towels or toilet paper...but I would never buy anything from them to eat!!!!
  • ddamaddddamadd Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    "the blue weapon was terrible as it made level 1-15 content completely trivial."

^^my favorite part from op
  • gdante7111111gdante7111111 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If it says heal but does not say heal when you get it then it is a scam.
  • ageoffan123ageoffan123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    your companion that you bought might have very well been a lower rank than your cleric. ranks are not shared across companions if i recall.
  • neverderp3012neverderp3012 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not playing any more.

I'm <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, but not so <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that I can't see how this is a game designed to addict <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Everything from combat, to the 10,000 currencies, to the "daily" grinds to the "Zen market" is designed to seem complex to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, and thereby make us feel better about spending our time RESEARCHING it.

It's intentionally addictive.

And I won't support that.

Peace.
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's intentionally addictive.

And I won't support that.

Peace.

Indeed.....like peanut butter.
  • robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    Indeed.....like peanut butter.

HEY!!! Leave peanut butter alone /cry... :p
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • inspector135711inspector135711 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ohai, fellow hammerfist!
  • visinjivisinji Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yarknarf wrote: »
    Well, there are some nice perks not listed.

If you go into a McDonalds and mention you are a Hero of the North they offer a nice limited menu for a dollar.
    If you write to Pueblo Colorado 81009 and say you are a Hero of the North they send you a free catalog,
    Heroes of the North get a foot long for only $5.99.
    Free manliness comes with the purchase of of Old Spice for all Heroes of the North.
    All Heroes of the North may have already won $1,000,000 with the Publishers Clearinghouse.

So, at least you have that.

Funniest post I've seen in days! Thank you!
  • akikisaragiakikisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Got zero sympathy for the op.