test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shame on the new event!

Comments

• vientorvientor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    ctdummy80 wrote: »
    It is seriously pissing me off that they aren't addressing this. One or 2 classes are dominating the event while everyone else looks on getting screwed up the *** and Cryptic won't even say anything.

Not sure how you are getting screwed. I am a rogue and have one blue, and one white skeletal dog, plus 30 more bones towards another dog, and a bunch of enchantments. I was lvl 18 when I started today, and am currently 22, because I was running missions and stuff too.

If you are worried about aoe use the event scrolls that give you a 3 minute aoe aura. That is what they are there for, though i have only used them a few times myself, because I keep forgetting about them. Just keep moving and attacking stuff. You don't need to get the kills, and you don't have to stand directly on the portal, because they spawn away from the portals too.

If you have trouble at one portal try a different location, you might have better luck.

I am finding fewer and fewer high level aoe'ers running these, so I have been doing a lot more fighting lately.
  • qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i dont get the cw qq tho - for ex im 54 CW - i use full aoe - i have done now 25 missions, i have 84 bones some scrolls and soem amount of enchants. But 0 blue dogs.

If a lvl 18 rogue got a blue hes done way better then i have (they are on avg 6x more valuable then the white).
  • g0ld3n4c3g0ld3n4c3 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    grnche12 wrote: »
    I will make this very simple, because many people already felt it. AoE powers way too powerful, and I as rogue am getting only few kills, and in those few kills i only get few bones and stones. I didn't expect anything better, but still.. this is the baddest..

:'(

So it is not enough to QQing about Cleric heals. Now you QQing about aoe? what a ****ing ******. please lock and delete this lame *** post, it makes me sick.
  • jlanderjlander Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    g0ld3n4c3 wrote: »
    So it is not enough to QQing about Cleric heals. Now you QQing about aoe? what a ****ing ******. please lock and delete this lame *** post, it makes me sick.

You sound a bit upset.
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jlander wrote: »
    Take the event from PE and put it the leveling zones instead. Put one event in a low level zone for the low level players. Put a few more in the medium level zones for the medium level players, etc. Have like 6 zones host the event, one zone for each level bracket.

Spawn a level/zone appropriate elite mob with each pack so it doesnt die too fast but mobs dieing too fast wouldnt be the huge problem it is now if the event was split up as stated above because you would have the player base split up by levels/zones.

I understand why they choose PE for the event, an attack on the main city is cool and all, but they had to have known it would cause massive lag.

That's better. Constructive suggestions from you, allaerra, etheraelj, lostmarbleshere, and perhaps others I may have missed. That's the kind of feedback that may lead to better events in the future.

I like your idea of spreading it around to various zones. Some way would have to be figured out so that higher leveled characters couldn't just go to the lower level zones and deprive the lower level characters of their chance to benefit from the event by quickly slaughtering all the spawns, but its a good suggestion nonetheless.
  • manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Quick hint, find an instance with a low amount of players. Also, find spot in that instance that is least populated. I've found Coriol Street to be the best spot. I've had at least 3-4 zones to myself or with maybe 1 or 2 other players. Don't follow the crowd, you'll get way more drops.
    edited June 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    That's better. Constructive suggestions from you, allaerra, etheraelj, lostmarbleshere, and perhaps others I may have missed. That's the kind of feedback that may lead to better events in the future.

I like your idea of spreading it around to various zones. Some way would have to be figured out so that higher leveled characters couldn't just go to the lower level zones and deprive the lower level characters of their chance to benefit from the event by quickly slaughtering all the spawns, but its a good suggestion nonetheless.

Just make it so if a level 60 tags a level 10 mob they get no loot. Of course some would still do it for nothing more than to troll others but that would cut it down.
  • ezaphielezaphiel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    My com crashes every time the Portal closes, freezing forever. I had to force quit the game and log back in again. I AM SUGGESTING HERE THAT PERHAPS THE SPECIAL EVENT CAN BE QUEUED AS WELL, LIKE SKIRMISHES, SO THAT PLAYERS CAN GO IN IN BATCHES OF, SAY, 10-20 AND THAT WILL CERTAINLY EASE THE LOAD.

I do hope Cryptic will consider this, seriously, since many avid players ended up with crappy rewards and some lower end machines cannot even survive this! (Oh, if you consider this, PLEASE don't roll back the game again!)
    edited June 2013
    ezaphiel wrote: »
    My com crashes every time the Portal closes, freezing forever. I had to force quit the game and log back in again. I AM SUGGESTING HERE THAT PERHAPS THE SPECIAL EVENT CAN BE QUEUED AS WELL, LIKE SKIRMISHES, SO THAT PLAYERS CAN GO IN IN BATCHES OF, SAY, 10-20 AND THAT WILL CERTAINLY EASE THE LOAD.

I do hope Cryptic will consider this, seriously, since many avid players ended up with crappy rewards and some lower end machines cannot even survive this! (Oh, if you consider this, PLEASE don't roll back the game again!)

I dont have any issues (other than lag) with my computer from 2009ish. Its only got 4gb of ram, an old dual core pentium and an 8800gt.
    edited June 2013
    ezaphiel wrote: »

If they put it in as a skirmish, it would cease to be an "event". It would then just be another skirmish.

The whole point of these end of beta events is to get large numbers of people all playing together in one area. Not only for the fun of it, but to stress the servers before launch, to see if the zone will stand up to the heavy load.

It sucks that you crash. Hopefully they can use the data they gather from these events to improve the performance over the next couple of days.
  • qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lol aoe too powerful? then explain me when in soo many dungeons rogues got almost double damage dealt at the end? .. let me say it then "single target attacks way too powerful".
  • dootudootu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited June 2013
    grnche12 wrote: »
    Shame on the old instances

I will make this very simple, because many people already felt it. Single target DPS powers way too powerful, and I as non-rogue am getting owned in the damage meters(it's important stuff people). I didn't expect anything better, but still.. this is the baddest..

:'(

Fixed for justice.
    edited June 2013
    qinnux wrote: »
    lol aoe too powerful? then explain me when in soo many dungeons rogues got almost double damage dealt at the end? .. let me say it then "single target attacks way too powerful".

Rogues do more damage, but get fewer kills. Still, "double damage" is a huge exaggeration. If there is that much of a difference, other factors are involved.

In situations that reward more kills, like farming trash mobs, AoE makes a big difference. Not that either is too powerful, it is all give and take, that's the point. Thankfully, this event is not about the most kills or the most damage.
  • silvernitesilvernite Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I won the gold on the relic search while on my alt and at the end it shows I was suppose to get a total of 5 Bones of Valindra's Minions, but after waiting and receiving all the other items I was to get, I never did get the bones.

Great event. They don't even give you what you are suppose to get.
  • gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This invasion event is pretty fail, but it's actually quite a challenge and somewhat fun when you do it solo. Any more than 2 people at a portal and it becomes pointless.
  • mechomancermechomancer Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just a horrible way to play.
    Bad location.
    Bad mob health.
    Next to worthless loot (the skeleton dog is the only thing of value, really).
    Lag and crash??

Redraw this one, PW, this one failed!
  • almostcoolalmostcool Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe it will get tougher as the days progress? Maybe... just maybe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
    Short Code: NW-DM900IFHK
    Tired of Being the Hero: NW-DGTOU4N94
  • mechomancermechomancer Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    OK, I am no novice by any means, but when I die during this event because I can't tell where I'm going or what I'm shooting at and button presses are 20 THOUSAND times behind what I'm really doing due to the lag of the Enclave, along with NPCs that do NOTHING but walk around creating even more lag..... pathetic event.
  • sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you want a challenge, transfer to an instance with less than 15 players.
    Only 9 players in my current instance. In some portals, there are no players.
    I avoid portals with no other players because my lvl 48 control wizard can not survive alone,
    even with health potions.
  • keyrock42keyrock42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As a stress test this may or may not be a success, that's for the developers to decide. As a fun thing to do for the players this is pretty much a complete failure. All this event has succeeded in doing is making people hate CWs and alienating anyone who's not a CW or GWF. The loot is very uninspired, with the blue skeleton dog being the only thing even remotely valuable. The weakest part is trading in the bones you collect. Ooh, so maybe you can get something cool for your dedication in fighting the invasion if you collect enough bones? Nope, it's just the same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that drops during the fights.
  • dndman420dndman420 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Definitely just tried it for the first time. Game froze when portal closed, and I was not able to get any loot. Weak.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was there when the first invasion started yesterday - was really too crowded to be fun. Today? Very different - I was even solo for the first couple of waves in one case - that made it at least a bit interesting, but I agree ... HPs are far too low - they die too fast.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • macerukmaceruk Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Alli get is a couple of enhancements as a healer, tried switching to dps powers but still just enhancements just bad luck maybe. But yeah not a very good event, it should be minions minions elites boss in one wave, not just a bunch of dumb weak minions that mostly get one shotted.
  • nikitaoznikitaoz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Ideally, the difficulty and number of mobs should scale with amount of players present. But this event could be higher in difficulty.
    Still, devs are fixing something today and that's good. If their fixing is done right there will be more happy customers.
  • eldelphiaeldelphia Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The idea isn't bad but centering it on Protector's Enclave is problematic. First, there are going to be a lot of players across the level band so it's hard to balance mob levels. A mini Boss event might pop up later but this one is too scripted. Portals need to pop up in different places. You could place them in the other zones but then people have to rush to them. It would be good to have a 'general' which roams around and which is pretty tough for packs of players to beat on. I think the mobs' health is too low in general.

I have the huge freeze problems when the portals close but I'm wondering if today's maintenance will fix it.
  • mievhmievh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I don't know. Today I faced the event alone with a Guardian Fighter in the same portal, and I got fewer 'bones' and bags than yesterday when it was totally full.

I hope they would, at least, clarifiy how this reward system works.
    Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I really have no idea whats going on. I did about 10 events last night because thats all I could manage on a work week and I have 25 bones. I thought that was fair at 2.5 bones an event, but apparently some people have 2-3 white dogs and a couple of blue dogs. Maybe they played all day, IDK.

Either way, for me the biggest problem is the lag. If I reboot I can do 1 or 2 events with zero lag. After that its lagging on portal close and eventually lagging during event again. Yes, I do try to change to lower populated instances.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dndman420 wrote: »
    Definitely just tried it for the first time. Game froze when portal closed, and I was not able to get any loot. Weak.

I froze, then I waited, then I got loot. I crashed once too, logged back in, there was my loot. You're doing something wrong.
  • utzpretzelsutzpretzels Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
    edited June 2013
    Just would like to add my 2 cents to whatever dev is reading this that my client crashes at the end of every event also. If there is some type of end reward given, I certainly don't know about it since I am cntrl-alt-deleting at the point.
  • myrmeenlhalmyrmeenlhal Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There's definitely some weird lag thing going on with this event, even way off the US peak. Not crashing for me, though.

utzpretzels - when you log back in, check your currencies tab for bones, as they are the event's currency. If you log back in quickly enough, you should also get back into the same instance you were in and should be able to the stuff on the ground.