test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Build Guide]: "INT Rogue" Perma-Stealth Build

Comments

• yanniellyanniell Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Glad to hear. Gonna respec my TR and make it my pvp-char based on this build :)
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Going straight Scoundrel build, but not focusing on INT. Sticking with STR and DEX. So far, I'm loving it! Not as many kills in PVP, but so very few deaths.

By the way, I hear the new T2 armor from Gauntlgrym gives +25% to your stealth meter.

Yeah, I know.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • digitalslayer11digitalslayer11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Great video, your movement and timing is impecable! I noticed that your powers were set up differently in this video than in your guide. Did you change any of your current feats as well?
  • hkfrenchtoasthkfrenchtoast Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sigh, the build that is going to ruin PvP.
  • huckasexhuckasex Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    i have a question for you:
    what is your cooldown on dazing strike?
    (while not really permastealth related but you have lots of recovery, thats why i ask you :) )
  • tommythebeast1tommythebeast1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hey, could you just tell me how you leveled it up?
  • x3ladex3lade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Great video, your movement and timing is impecable! I noticed that your powers were set up differently in this video than in your guide. Did you change any of your current feats as well?
    Feats and Ability Score is the same, I was testing some things so my Powers were different (always testing for improvements for the build), no changes to the guide however as it's still good

huckasex wrote: »
    i have a question for you:
    what is your cooldown on dazing strike?
    (while not really permastealth related but you have lots of recovery, thats why i ask you :) )
    Dazing Strike is 7.6 second CD
    hey, could you just tell me how you leveled it up?
    I leveled it up through PvP from level 10 to 60. It's possible to level it up through PvE as you can solo and not require many potions
  • fanmoufanmou Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've fought against INT Rogue and his build, however it wasn't really a fight... was pretty much just me dying and not a clue on what was going on until dead
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    fanmou wrote: »
    I've fought against INT Rogue and his build, however it wasn't really a fight... was pretty much just me dying and not a clue on what was going on until dead

This is funny!
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • x3ladex3lade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    New video, decided to make a pvp montage with most of the video footage I recorded before I delete it all

Enjoy
    (PvP Montage #1, watch in 1080p)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XylOlYBCGP0
  • zeuvazeuva Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i need a few tips dude, and plus i have some questions:

1) Im lvl almost 50 now, and i cant be perma stealth, this is cuz my set havent plus 20% stealth duration?

2)idk how fight yet.. because almost ever they can find me so i stay back and use the daggers but with only 12, i'm out too fast

you think i'll see a lot of change when i hit 60 and buy entire pvp set ? u.u

PD: sry about my english, isnt my first language D:
    edited June 2013
    zeuva wrote: »
    i need a few tips dude, and plus i have some questions:

1) Im lvl almost 50 now, and i cant be perma stealth, this is cuz my set havent plus 20% stealth duration?

2)idk how fight yet.. because almost ever they can find me so i stay back and use the daggers but with only 12, i'm out too fast

you think i'll see a lot of change when i hit 60 and buy entire pvp set ? u.u

PD: sry about my english, isnt my first language D:

You'll definitely see the changes once you hit level 60.

The encounter skills your using is.. Bait and Switch, Shadow Strike, and Impact Shot.

Because you don't have enough recharge speed to perform the Perma-Stealth rotation, you'll need to use this rotation:
    1. In Stealth
    2. Shadow Strike
    3. Bait and Switch
    4. Shadow Strike

and that's it for the rotation, you cant go any further then that to keep stealth up.

Here are some tips:
    1. In team fights, try to pick off and kill low health enemies or target CW's and TR's first.
    2. If you can no longer use CoS, be ready to go into melee range for attacks from Sly Flourish. Attack from behind or from the side, if your fighting a GF or GWF, only attack from behind.
    3. After a couple hits from Sly Flourish (in stealth), always dodge roll out if they decide to turn around which will happen. Dodge rolling will prevent yourself from getting stun/CC'd.
    4. If your not in stealth, use Bait and Switch as a shield, when dealing with a range enemy, always LoS (Line of Sight) behind it because if the enemy were to try to target you, the decoy will be in it's line of fire.
  • bekey3rdbekey3rd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Man, I was majorly pissed when I started this build and my mate decided to reroll from rouge to GWF. I thought it would be amazing to have one DPS rogue, and one perma stealth rogue working together.

10-19 brackets were awful, but as soon as I bought 20 lvl gear I'm just dominating, it's obviously not the best because of all the intelligence, but yeah. Thanks!

Can we see your Character Ability points throughout your levels ? STR/INT/CHA/DEX and so on.
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, this Build isn't meant for low level brackets, however I have leveled with this build from 10 to 60 through pvp only.

Here is my character Ability Score sheet

as_zps8ceee6d3.png
  • damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    bekey3rd wrote: »
    Man, I was majorly pissed when I started this build and my mate decided to reroll from rouge to GWF. I thought it would be amazing to have one DPS rogue, and one perma stealth rogue working together.

10-19 brackets were awful, but as soon as I bought 20 lvl gear I'm just dominating, it's obviously not the best because of all the intelligence, but yeah. Thanks!

Can we see your Character Ability points throughout your levels ? STR/INT/CHA/DEX and so on.

That's what me and my guildie does in our matches. I'm the DPS rogue, while he's the perma-stealth backcapping rogue.
  • odoxxodoxx Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This being my first character and all, I'm not having a hard time leveling or pvping. In pve (at 40) I usually run at my target, pop Path of the Blade, go into stealth and begin to attack them in melee. If it's not dead and stealth is getting low I either use Bait and Switch to renew or Dazing Strike. B+S if the target isn't going to die in the few seconds of the "dazed" state or if you know they are immune to daze. Prior to getting Path of the Blade I used Deft Strike as my 3rd Encounter for when I was out of stealth and fighting a larger mob. I'd use it then dodge roll away for more distance so stealth could refill.

In pvp it's definitely a pick your battles spec. You can generally tell who you can kill by a few throws of CoS. I tend to focus more on backcapping but when I do fight I take note of the player's skill as well. This allows me to gauge who I can "risk" melee attacks on.

I'll probably have to reroll it as I didn't understand what you meant by "The Base Stat you are looking for is 15 STR / 15 DEX / 12 INT (+2 INT)" . On the character rolling screen it adds the 2 points but still shows the little +2. So I started with 12 not 14. That and I misplaced a point into dex somehow =( which will leave me at 17 int at 60.

How important is each point of int (is there an absolute must have) and will it be different with the extra 5% stealth that that new set gives? Oh and did you start with 15 int or is that showing the campfire buff?

Edit... nvm it's obviously the fire buff lol
    edited June 2013
    odoxx wrote: »
    How important is each point of int (is there an absolute must have) and will it be different with the extra 5% stealth that that new set gives? Oh and did you start with 15 int or is that showing the campfire buff?
    As long as you can get 30% Recharge Speed your fine. INT is very important, each point above 10 on INT is 1% Recharge Speed, it's easier to get 1% Recharge Speed compared to the amount of Recovery needed.

With the new Armor Set, 5% should be a good enough difference to actually swap out 3 [Silvery Enchantments, Rank 10] for 3 [Greater Tenebrous]. (For the 7 Offensive slots: you'll want 4 Silvery rank 10 and 3 Greater Tenebrous)
  • odoxxodoxx Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yea I read earlier that it seemed doable but would require a bit more stacking of recovery. Guess it's good I didn't get to 60 and geared before realizing this. lol
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This is a very fun idea. I'm only level 16 so I can't really do much yet, but I've finally gotten Bait and Switch, so at least I can double the amount of stealth I have. I'm enjoying this immensely. I'm also much faster than everyone else since no one has mounts yet. :p Once I get shadowstep, I'll actually be able to be in stealth for long enough to make up for my damage being lower than other rogues.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • sirauronxsirauronx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    x3lade wrote: »
    As long as you can get 30% Recharge Speed your fine. INT is very important, each point above 10 on INT is 1% Recharge Speed, it's easier to get 1% Recharge Speed compared to the amount of Recovery needed.

With the new Armor Set, 5% should be a good enough difference to actually swap out 3 [Silvery Enchantments, Rank 10] for 3 [Greater Tenebrous]. (For the 7 Offensive slots: you'll want 4 Silvery rank 10 and 3 Greater Tenebrous)

I haven't even the money for rank 7 dude ;) BTW I'll try this build, I'll create a new rogue for try this, seems fun
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yeah that's a big problem. Earning money with the decreased glory gains from PvP is very difficult. I doubt I'm going to be able to afford a mount at this pace. lol
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • tubbyadamtubbyadam Member Posts: 58
    edited June 2013
    im a bit of a vet when it comes to Trickster rogue and this is a great spec very fun but it dose get boring you miss being able to drop and know you can drop 2 people quickly and help the team out i think this spec gets a bit dul and you miss the high damage we are capeable of lets face it they are probably going to nerf this perma stealth spec soo enough so i say get that power going and have fun :D im at 5826 power at momment would prob be over 6000 if i could afford ridiculous enchants hehe but i enjoy lurkers killing 3 people in seconds FUNZZZ. xlade i think you have done a great job but it kills me after a while ;-o
  • damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    tubbyadam wrote: »
    im a bit of a vet when it comes to Trickster rogue and this is a great spec very fun but it dose get boring you miss being able to drop and know you can drop 2 people quickly and help the team out i think this spec gets a bit dul and you miss the high damage we are capeable of lets face it they are probably going to nerf this perma stealth spec soo enough so i say get that power going and have fun :D im at 5826 power at momment would prob be over 6000 if i could afford ridiculous enchants hehe but i enjoy lurkers killing 3 people in seconds FUNZZZ. xlade i think you have done a great job but it kills me after a while ;-o

How much armor pen do you have? I know encounters got a buff with power but I don't see how you one-shot with impact shot from LA, let alone killing 3 people with three charges.

My highest crit with impact shot is 16k with LA up having 2.1k armor pen.
    edited June 2013
    damianess wrote: »
    How much armor pen do you have? I know encounters got a buff with power but I don't see how you one-shot with impact shot from LA, let alone killing 3 people with three charges.

My highest crit with impact shot is 16k with LA up having 2.1k armor pen.

iu have 329 armour pen..... people rave about it but i tell you now people who come up against me dont get me wrong i have great fights against good players but i can honestly with ease one shot with impact shot in lurkers when your against players who have just hit 60 i will try and make a video but i hate loosing fps as my computer aint best thing in the world heh but i will get round to it

also i didnt mean kill 3 people with impact shot i ment when i have lurkers assault up i know i can kill 3 people with ease if not interrupted which can be hard
    edited June 2013
    ive never stacked armour pen and have never regreted it lets face it cryptic just make up there numbers i changed spec once and 7 times in a row i failed critting with shocking exec i changed spec i have only seen it not crit once... its amazing how ****ed up the numbers are in this game all i know is stacking power is rogues damage and it shows
    edited June 2013
    well.. i get only the set (not the weapons) and i hit 60. i cant be perma stealth yet.. but i only have 11% speed rechargue and u have about 30%... i have 170 recovery, how many u have? what is the min to get perma stealth ?
    edited June 2013
    well.. i get only the set (not the weapons) and i hit 60. i cant be perma stealth yet.. but i only have 11% speed rechargue and u have about 30%... i have 170 recovery, how many u have? what is the min to get perma stealth ?
    2.4K recovery if you have 20 INT
  • pipetstebepipetstebe Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    how do you get your FoV to save when you log out and back in? I set mine to 80 but it always resets when I relog
    edited June 2013
    Well i was doing some calculates..

To get 2.4k recovery, u need ur gear with recovery and AT LEAST 4 silvery rank 7 and 3 silvery rank 8, that's in ah is:

Main 96 recovery 15k AD
    Off 196 recovery 87k AD
    Neck 150 recovery 13k AD
    R Ring 150 recovery 20k AD
    L Ring 150 recovery 20k AD
    Shirt (craft)
    Waist 173 40k AD (i sniped one in 10k :/ )

Recovery of Gear: ~1070

So u need ~1350 more

4 silvery enchant rank 7 180*4=720 Recovery // AD=70K EACH*4=280K AD
    3 silvery enchant rank 8 220*3=660 Recovery // AD=300K EACH*4=1.200K AD

Grand Total: 1.675K AD :/ (1.675.000)

Well.. Kinda too long to get that D:

Tell me if i am wrong
    edited June 2013
    pipetstebe wrote: »
    how do you get your FoV to save when you log out and back in? I set mine to 80 but it always resets when I relog
    I just keybind it
    Well i was doing some calculates..

To get 2.4k recovery, u need ur gear with recovery and AT LEAST 4 silvery rank 7 and 3 silvery rank 8, that's in ah is:

Main 96 recovery 15k AD
    Off 196 recovery 87k AD
    Neck 150 recovery 13k AD
    R Ring 150 recovery 20k AD
    L Ring 150 recovery 20k AD
    Shirt (craft)
    Waist 173 40k AD (i sniped one in 10k :/ )

Recovery of Gear: ~1070

So u need ~1350 more

4 silvery enchant rank 7 180*4=720 Recovery // AD=70K EACH*4=280K AD
    3 silvery enchant rank 8 220*3=660 Recovery // AD=300K EACH*4=1.200K AD

Grand Total: 1.675K AD :/ (1.675.000)

Well.. Kinda too long to get that D:

Tell me if i am wrong

Looks correct, you can get a blue waist that gives +243 recovery (also has an offensive slot for the silvery enchantment). You can get this in the AH or get lucky and get it as a reward in pvp for being top score player.