test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Build Guide]: "INT Rogue" Perma-Stealth Build

Comments

• tubbyadamtubbyadam Member Posts: 58
    edited June 2013
    x3lade wrote: »
    I use to play an extremely aggressive TR, heavy dps focused and his play style was more of a "kill the target before it kills you" so you tend to spam everything you got and I assume that's how most people play TR's. However with this Build its different,
    1. You need to manage your CD's, so the play style is more calm and collect
    2. You need know when to go in to attack your target at melee and know when to stay away.
    3. You also need to know the safe distance in which the enemy can't get a glimpse of your whereabouts in stealth.
    4. Never face the target directly, always behind or the side, just because you might get hit from random attacks. With Melee enemies, always stay behind.

About the Video:
    Positioning is very important. In the video at 2:04 I attacked the CW from behind, staying away from random projectiles that might hit me. And then another CW came up so I dropped the Decoy (additionally refilling stealth), but the Decoy was positioned right in front of the CW's line of slight which acted as a shield at 2:13

At 2:25 I got a glimpse of a stealthed TR, so I immediately dodged roll to prevent unnecessary damage (if I could see him in stealth, chances are he saw me). But by also dodge rolling, it placed me in a safe location and closed the gap of my target.

At 2:32, I kept my distance far enough to range and not be seen, but close enough to be ready to get in for melee attacks. As soon as the CW used his Entangling Force, I immediately went to melee attacks (knowing I'll be safe because he just used his stun).

At 2:48, my Stealth Meter was running low and I knew my other encounters wont be ready to refill stealth. So at that time I used Lurker's Assault. But I was not in stealth for a short millisecond so I dodge rolled in case I might get stunned at that time. Also, because Lurker's Assault gave me massive damage, I didn't just turn around to do major DPS, instead I position myself above the stairs because if I fought in the previous spot it was a "Chokehold" position which enemies will be running through and will end up getting a glimpse of my location.

At 3:44, my ally got hit by an AoE that does damage to the surroundings so I immediately stepped away to prevent any damage to my stealth meter. (Expert Sneak and Sneak Attack bonus movement makes it easier to position yourself and avoid AoE)

this is a very calm spec you cant loose your call and you can take your time and buy the best oppurtunitys
  • damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Just fought you in a pvp match. You went 6-1 and I went 19-3, your team won so though that's what counts. The problem with your build is you can't peel off melee away from your clerics. I was killing your cleric left and right because I didn't have to worry about your damage. When I focused you, it was obvious I hit you a lot harder than you did me, so you ran away. You left that cleric by themselves so many times that me or my teammates just stomped her.

If you are going to go for a perma-stealth build, you need to have respectable damage output. As a TR, you're so supposed to be bursting with high single-target damage to help your team. Without that burst, you're just gimping yourself and you might as well be a GWF running around looking for health pots.
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    damianess wrote: »
    If you are going to go for a perma-stealth build, you need to have respectable damage output. As a TR, you're so supposed to be bursting with high single-target damage to help your team. Without that burst, you're just gimping yourself and you might as well be a GWF running around looking for health pots.

Damage is low, but the harassment factor is huge. It's a playstyle thing I think, although I do miss those big hits.
  • damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    yerune wrote: »
    Damage is low, but the harassment factor is huge. It's a playstyle thing I think, although I do miss those big hits.

It's a basically a selfish, troll build. :p

If that's your playstyle, more power to you. I would rather help my team though.
  • therouterninjatherouterninja Member Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

If that's your playstyle, more power to you. I would rather help my team though.

Sure, but as you admit, their team won? One thief in permastealth can easily tie up/distract several members of the opposing team. Even if it's minor damage, it can make them afraid to split up or leave their post, which allows everyone else to cap. No cleric, and the squishies will die quickly.

Of course if someone is going for k/d ratio, this is not the build for them.
    Beholder MOPP4

60 GF(14.5GS) Cersei
    60 CW(12.4GS) Shadis
    60 TR(12.2GS) Dijkstra
    60 GWF(12.2GS) Winnowill
    45 DC(WIP) Daenerys
  • sinbiussinbius Member Posts: 68
    edited June 2013
    With the people that have anti-stealth encounters (example I run path of blades but every class has their) you are in trouble i guess...
  • laudon1laudon1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lol i just faced you in pvp. If you remember medic. It was pretty funny facing you :)

also, this build is amazing at distracting 2-3 people on their point.

I would rank this #1 for back capping and distracting, right behind tank pvp gwf
    Lemonade Stand.
    Dragon Guild
  • quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    Truncated guide: Didn't buy TENE's, still awesome.
  • zeuvazeuva Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    is this build nerfed now? i am looking for a rouge, and i'm looking for builds u.u
  • kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Fought one (actually two) of these the other night in pvp with my rogue, took me off guard at first, but after a while I figured it out. There was two of them, and figured out they don't hurt much (unless they use shocking execution correctly)... But you can get them, they don't seem to be able to take a hit very good.
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Darn. The elf bug seems to be only on GWF (where I got a 19 int...) and not possible for TR.
  • samuraikingssamuraikings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Fought one (actually two) of these the other night in pvp with my rogue, took me off guard at first, but after a while I figured it out. There was two of them, and figured out they don't hurt much (unless they use shocking execution correctly)... But you can get them, they don't seem to be able to take a hit very good.

We have all fought a TR or two that mimics this build, but each one that I fought came in for melee attacks. This allowed me to stun and kill them. This guy uses ranged attacks and stays far enough away you can't see the shimmer. I imagine this guy would be near impossible to kill more than once per match. Most people don't mimic it properly, thank god.
    Foundry Name: "Wolframs Last Stand" (@Holythirst)
    Foundry Map: Blacklake District
    Type: Campaign, Story, Dungeon - 5 bosses, 1-2 players
    Current State: Version 2.2 is up. Full release. Try it with code below.

Short Code: NW-DU2BES2WA
  • silverdicesilverdice Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Amazing guide, Great work! let me know if you want it featured on a website
  • x3ladex3lade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    silverdice wrote: »
    Amazing guide, Great work! let me know if you want it featured on a website

Thanks, Glad you guys like it!

Feel free to take what information you need for your website, its out there for you guys so do as you wish ^_^
  • arrywilarrywil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Very good build, I would say one up on my friend who's used a similar build for the last three weeks, his class focus doesn't consider damage but then again that's what works for our party. Usually he can sit at the back point of the enemy keeping anywhere between 1 - 5 of the enemies distracted whilst the rest of us just sit on 2 waiting. Not sure if you remember we did go against you before you posted this guide, most likely when you were testing it.
    I do have to say though, the amount of people who report him for 'hacks' is ridiculous because they struggle to fathom a rouge tactical build rather than an all out damage build, also great when he gets people telling him that he's playing his rouge wrong as well yet his role is possible one of the most important on the team giving them hard choices and usually causing the collapse of unorganized teams.
    Sons of Schlarb
    Thaddeus Talbot - GF - Dragon
    Aysta Tarley - TR - Dragon
  • sinbiussinbius Member Posts: 68
    edited June 2013
    Build look amazing I hope to face it to see for myself if it works...I have seen you on Dragon same Server :)
    edited June 2013
    xlade I just soloed the second boss in the ice dungeon got myself a iceshard dagger took about 20 minutes it is very over powerd spec but I tweeked it you can only get on a boss if you use gloaming cut and the 10% gain from stealth while using it and you have to have about 25% plus cooldown to get shadow strike off just before you leave stealth then use lurkers when its up also use tatics for more action points. might be doing this a lot more now :p money maker
    edited June 2013

your completely wrong and its actually the most un selfish build 4 team mates can do what they want as I cap and keep your point contested the hole match. where am I being selfish if you use this spec as a go and kill things then maybe because it will not work as for sticking at a point while your team mates can do what they want game over for them since I have been this spec I have lost once I tweeked it a bit for a better in and out dmg but honestly I do not die and I can just watch a good team loose because they cant hold there point for more than 10seconds unless 2 people are stood on it which then makes it a 3vs4
  • thedeadstarthedeadstar Member Posts: 201
    edited June 2013
    tubbyadam wrote: »
    xlade I just soloed the second boss in the ice dungeon got myself a iceshard dagger took about 20 minutes it is very over powerd spec but I tweeked it you can only get on a boss if you use gloaming cut and the 10% gain from stealth while using it and you have to have about 25% plus cooldown to get shadow strike off just before you leave stealth then use lurkers when its up also use tatics for more action points. might be doing this a lot more now :p money maker

Golem is easy to kill without any stealth at all, takes like 3-5min.
    Shinis
    Tong Lv86
    Server: Jian [DE]
  • quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    zeuva wrote: »
    is this build nerfed now? i am looking for a rouge, and i'm looking for builds u.u

So much rouge. It's gonna be a mascara.
  • zellistazellista Member Posts: 100 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    My rogue started with 15str/16dex/13cha and now at lvl 60, with campfire buff, my int goes up to 14 (+4% recharge speed)

If you are able to stack about 1917+ recovery while still using the pvp armor set (via enchants/accessories etc), you can replicate the perma-stealth results without adding to INT at all (pure str/cha). The main factor helping him stay stealth is that his bait and switch has roughly 20 secs cooldown - which is achieved with +20% recharge speed (B&S has 25 seconds CD without any recharge increase). 4% from 14 int, 16%+ from 1917+ recovery.

With rank 7 Silvery Enchantments.

x2 Ancient Slavemaster Ring (154 x2 + 185 x2) = 678
    x1 Occult Belt of Respite (243 + 185) = 428
    x1 Occult Amulet of Respite (243 + 185) = 428
    x1 Thickgristle's Jagged Dagger[for off-hand] (193 + 185) = 378

678+428+428+378 = 1912 recovery, and that would get me enough recharge to replicate the perma-stealth of the build. With higher lvl enchants and perhaps even using Occult Ring of Repites (these give 46 more recovery than Ancient Slavemaster), you can possibly free up some of your enchantment slots for things like Tenebrous and Armor Penetration. This will be rather costly for some, but it will allow you to perma stealth without rolling/adding high INT.
  • agbadehanagbadehan Member Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    that vision change is like activating byakugan or some ****, lmao.
  • x3ladex3lade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    zellista wrote: »
    My rogue started with 15str/16dex/13cha and now at lvl 60, with campfire buff, my int goes up to 14 (+4% recharge speed)

If you are able to stack about 1917+ recovery while still using the pvp armor set (via enchants/accessories etc), you can replicate the perma-stealth results without adding to INT at all (pure str/cha). The main factor helping him stay stealth is that his bait and switch has roughly 20 secs cooldown - which is achieved with +20% recharge speed (B&S has 25 seconds CD without any recharge increase). 4% from 14 int, 16%+ from 1917+ recovery.

With rank 7 Silvery Enchantments.

x2 Ancient Slavemaster Ring (154 x2 + 185 x2) = 678
    x1 Occult Belt of Respite (243 + 185) = 428
    x1 Occult Amulet of Respite (243 + 185) = 428
    x1 Thickgristle's Jagged Dagger[for off-hand] (193 + 185) = 378

678+428+428+378 = 1912 recovery, and that would get me enough recharge to replicate the perma-stealth of the build. With higher lvl enchants and perhaps even using Occult Ring of Repites (these give 46 more recovery than Ancient Slavemaster), you can possibly free up some of your enchantment slots for things like Tenebrous and Armor Penetration. This will be rather costly for some, but it will allow you to perma stealth without rolling/adding high INT.
    testre_zps52d53b58.png
    I've already tried it, with 2.4K recovery (double Thickgristle's) which is 20.2 seconds for B&S (without main-hand thickgristle, exchange for weapon enchantment, B&S becomes a 20.5 second CD). 1.9K Recovery puts B&S at 20.8

Personally I think that 1 to 2+ seconds is huge, for starters you wont be able to maintain the perma-stealth rotation on the long run (Around the 8th stealth refill it gets pretty hard to continue on the rotation and B&S wont make it on time, also using Shadow Strike with a short revealing time (not in stealth for milliseconds, theres a chance of you getting CC'd and die) however that short reveal time helps to make it to the 8th refill (on average, 6-7th refill is when it gets tricky).

Of course if you have billions of AD and you can invest in Silvery Enchantments, as long as you can get your recharge up to 30% you can do a complete perma-stealth rotation (relying on dodge to partially refill). If you can get recovery alone up to 30% CD reduction then you don't need to rely on INT.

However this guide also takes in consider on the average player (without billions of AD for silvery rank 9+)
    using rank 7's, ring, neck costing about 10K AD each, etc... an average player should be able to try it out.

But anyways, because of all of that I had to re-roll another TR for more base INT to complete the perma-stealth.
  • zeuvazeuva Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    x3lade can u put how is the end-game with skills, i mean a picture of "p" settings
    edited June 2013
    Golem is easy to kill without any stealth at all, takes like 3-5min.

You dont understand i can go from beggining to the boss on my own no class can do this other than a rogue i didnt do it wen my party died i enterd a dungeon with the **** que system then everyone left and i downed second boss on my own which drops iceshard dagger which means i could make alot of money on my own to be honest
  • desyncdesync Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm very interested in trying this out and I might make a new Rogue to do it. But I'm curious whether you actually leveled your rogue following this build, or did you respec when you hit 60?
    edited June 2013
    desync wrote: »
    I'm very interested in trying this out and I might make a new Rogue to do it. But I'm curious whether you actually leveled your rogue following this build, or did you respec when you hit 60?
    I leveled up from 10 to 60 in PvP, following the builds Feats/Powers
    zeuva wrote: »
    x3lade can u put how is the end-game with skills, i mean a picture of "p" settings

Sure I can, I'll try to have it up asap
    edited June 2013
    Fought a TR with this build the other day but he had different enchants... Apparently, if you use the weapon enchant Frost with armor enchant Frostburn, you will lock them out of their skills for an extended period of time lol.

This game is funny because it's amazing how fast someone can discover an exploit and abuse it. I thought stacking greater plague fire + tenebrous was OP but with the above enchants bugging out your skills for over a minute, this takes the cake.

Run this build with Frost and Frostburn and you'll lockout all of their skills . GG
  • zellistazellista Member Posts: 100 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    x3lade wrote: »
    I've already tried it, with 2.4K recovery (double Thickgristle's) which is 20.2 seconds for B&S (without main-hand thickgristle, exchange for weapon enchantment, B&S becomes a 20.5 second CD). 1.9K Recovery puts B&S at 20.8

Personally I think that 1 to 2+ seconds is huge, for starters you wont be able to maintain the perma-stealth rotation on the long run (Around the 8th stealth refill it gets pretty hard to continue on the rotation and B&S wont make it on time, also using Shadow Strike with a short revealing time (not in stealth for milliseconds, theres a chance of you getting CC'd and die) however that short reveal time helps to make it to the 8th refill (on average, 6-7th refill is when it gets tricky).

Of course if you have billions of AD and you can invest in Silvery Enchantments, as long as you can get your recharge up to 30% you can do a complete perma-stealth rotation (relying on dodge to partially refill). If you can get recovery alone up to 30% CD reduction then you don't need to rely on INT.

However this guide also takes in consider on the average player (without billions of AD for silvery rank 9+)
    using rank 7's, ring, neck costing about 10K AD each, etc... an average player should be able to try it out.

But anyways, because of all of that I had to re-roll another TR for more base INT to complete the perma-stealth.
    Interesting, so B&S somehow doesn't scale exactly to the recharge bonus eh? Pretty sure the 0% recharge CD is 25 seconds, so it being only 20.1secs @23.5% recharge seems strange to me. I probably missed something though.

Thanks for the info.
    edited June 2013
    lol something is off that's for sure, Neverwinter math is weird haha. Umm.. you are correct that Bait and Switch is 25 sec CD, if a player has 23.5% Recharge Speed, I would think that it would be 25*0.765 = 19.1 sec CD for Bait and Switch. But that's clearly not the case with Neverwinter Math. So not sure /shrug