test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Difference between Skeletal Dog and Skeleton Dog?

whoamarkwhoamark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Let me guess, these 40 bones are for a dog without the blue glow, meaning people with better RNG will have better dogs, despite everyone chipping in the same.
Post edited by whoamark on

Comments

• Options
    xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Let me guess, another person complaining about other people getting better event loot despite everyone who participates having the exact same chance at getting the rewards.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I got one as a drop...I think, I never placed above copper yet. I never saw it drop it just ended up in my inventory.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I got a blue quality one as a reward for participating... the very next portal after I spent 40 bones on a white quality one one.

So now I have two.

Trying to get a 3rd for my dark elf alt, when they add dark elves for non founders of course. ^^

bone_dog_zps11c36d3e.png
  • Options
    whoamarkwhoamark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xhrit wrote: »
    Let me guess, another person complaining about other people getting better event loot despite everyone who participates having the exact same chance at getting the rewards.
    I just find it stupid how I have to wait to do so many of these lag infested events for 1-4 bones each time, when the end result is getting a dog that is inferior to the "blue dogs" everyone keeps speaking of.

Can someone clarity whether either of these dogs have a blue glow like the ones near the vendor?
  • Options
    bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    whoamark wrote: »
    I just find it stupid how I have to wait to do so many of these lag infested events for 1-4 bones each time, when the end result is getting a dog that is inferior to the "blue dogs" everyone keeps speaking of.

Can someone clarity whether either of these dogs have a blue glow like the ones near the vendor?

Keep trying, and do not give up?
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

They should have the same skins, though the blue one will have access to the level 20 skin while the white quality one won't until training manuals are added.
  • Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    They should have the same skins, though the blue one will have access to the level 20 skin while the white quality one won't until training manuals are added.

IE, never.
  • Options
    xenonizdubbyxenonizdubby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 63
    edited June 2013
    dont they both have blue flames :S ???
  • Options
    nyterazor#4638 nyterazor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I got a blue quality one as a reward for participating... the very next portal after I spent 40 bones on a white quality one one.

So now I have two.

Trying to get a 3rd for my dark elf alt, when they add dark elves for non founders of course. ^^

bone_dog_zps11c36d3e.png

I see "Rank 1 (Max 25)". Normal champions have max rank 15.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dont they both have blue flames :S ???

Not with the first skin. Maybe starting at the level 10 skin.
  • Options
    atompenguinatompenguin Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Waaaah?

I don't get good drops in most dungeons/events, but I don't complain when someone else does. Nut up and grind for it like everyone else.
    -Campaign: Spells and Coin
    --Part 1: Spells and Coin (NW-DHM3XQVQK)
    --Part 2: A Blind Eye (NW-DI3QTHZGJ)
    --Part 3: Dodo's Dinner (NW-DHPA8O253)

-One Shots
    --The Wizard of Eldeur (NW-DRKQNE4S7)
  • Options
    dartakxdartakx Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So far, they seems to drop very frequently, a lot of people are selling them you might be able to get one cheap tomorrow by the time the event ends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vientorvientor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 80
    edited June 2013

Your other options are to not participate and not get either dog. Keep participating and eventually get, at least, the white one, or buy one of the many that are being sold in chat.

It is sad that rather than thinking "hey cool, I got a skeletal dog", all you can think of is "it sucks, other people will have a better skeletal dog than me. Why should I bother?".
  • Options
    alyanna7alyanna7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dartakx wrote: »
    So far, they seems to drop very frequently, a lot of people are selling them you might be able to get one cheap tomorrow by the time the event ends.

The event doesn't end until Thursday.
    Which means there should be TONS on the AH by the time it's over.
  • Options
    hocuspocushocuspocus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I love this event,.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    My thoughts exactly. ^^
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Also, another way to look at this is. You already have a dog and some people like me are still sitting at work wishing I could have a chance to get one...either one!
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    zaeldvorzaeldvor Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the biggest issue is the fact that lvl 60's can one shot the entire group leaving almost no chance for anyone else even though we try.its an issue that needs to be addressed and fast.
  • Options
    onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zaeldvor wrote: »
    the biggest issue is the fact that lvl 60's can one shot the entire group leaving almost no chance for anyone else even though we try.its an issue that needs to be addressed and fast.

It's the Wizards. They repel and kill everything. Don't bring in a melee user for this.
  • Options
    nation4nation4 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i was afk in the crowd and when i came back there were 2 boxes on the ground so you can get items even if you dont atack
  • Options
    aepervius1972aepervius1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 66
    edited June 2013

It would have made much more sense to have the white as a random drop, and the blue costing 40 or upward bones. Just saying.
  • Options
    vientorvientor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    It would have made much more sense to have the white as a random drop, and the blue costing 40 or upward bones. Just saying.

Not sure how that makes more sense. The white one is a guaranteed get, providing that you participate in enough events. The other is a random chance. It makes more sense to have the guaranteed one be the lesser and the rare one be the better. That is pretty much how it always is.
  • Options
    shamurai7shamurai7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    Between my wife and I we have participated in about 40 events and not gotten that damned dog yet......
    Also the blue one is much better...it's base stats per level are 10 instead of 8.
    10 times 30 is much better than 8 times 30.

I'd sooner use the bones for enchants instead of the crappy white dog. It's a literal clone of the plain old free dog companion.
    Heck even the blue one is pretty junky...he doesn't even get a 3rd ability.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    shamurai7 wrote: »
    Heck even the blue one is pretty junky...he doesn't even get a 3rd ability.

Only purple companions get a third ability since they are unlocked at level 30.
  • Options
    shultzillashultzilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Don't know why everyone is obsessing over this. Even the rare one is still junk unless I'm missing something.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    shultzilla wrote: »
    Don't know why everyone is obsessing over this. Even the rare one is still junk unless I'm missing something.

Its a vanity thing. People will go nuts to get something they can later show off to folks. "Lookie what I got, that you can no longer get" kinda thing. It doesnt matter if its useless or not.

I say let them have fun with it. There is nothing wrong with a little bit of bragging rights.
  • Options
    kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think its nice the random blue drops for participating. That way even a lowbie has a shot at it. Its a fun event..not max level aoe fest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shultzillashultzilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Its a vanity thing. People will go nuts to get something they can later show off to folks. "Lookie what I got, that you can no longer get" kinda thing. It doesnt matter if its useless or not.

I say let them have fun with it. There is nothing wrong with a little bit of bragging rights.

Don't see how it's bragging. "Look at this cool companion I got that sucks". To each their own I guess. I'll just cash in from the drops as I do with most events. Not interested in a companion that doesn't do anything for me. That's just me.
  • Options
    onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think they will do this event more often honestly. I don't know much of other PW games but Champions Online does something similar every month.
  • Options
    devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

So now I have two.

bone_dog_zps11c36d3e.png

On a totally unrelated note....My REAL name is Rex.......:(
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!