test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Difference between Skeletal Dog and Skeleton Dog?

Comments

• Options
    abcoeabcoe Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I opened 115 Bags of Bones and got 210 Bones. Still going for the Blue Puppy
  • Options
    qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the "manuals" will cost most likely ether ONLY zen or liek 700k AD like horse upgrades.
  • Options
    onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Also the Blue Dog has higher starting stats.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    lol +3 to starting stats or was it 2? thsoe are so tiny that they make 0 difference
  • Options
    tackthorntackthorn Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, closing on 250ish bags and none on my end.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    i think they ninjanerfed the drop rate when they added guaranteed bag and spawn every 10 min. Iv been at it for 7 hours...
  • Options
    chuamishaelchuamishael Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the Blue skeletal dog are more powerful, just like any blue or purple companions, I found it amazing that people still cannot differentiate the ranks by color, probably the game didnt explain to you, that those companions you buy from the store ,are far more powerful than the standard White companions you can buy from Npc
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    abcoe wrote: »
    I opened 115 Bags of Bones and got 210 Bones. Still going for the Blue Puppy

You have bad RNG sad to say. I opened around the same amount of bags and already have 3 dogs
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I am lucky. I have 4. Poor people T.T they should get 1.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    its like portion of the people are always on good rng and another part at BAD. If multiple people get 3-4 while openign same amount and another one gets 0 then their RNG is broken.
    Most likely rely on some built in function for random numbers (not sure in what language its written in) - instead of looking for custom functions for proper rng.
    EDIT:
    just opened straigth up again 40 bags i collected - all bones. What will i do with the almost 300 bones -_-
  • Options
    kenjioyamakenjioyama Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The Blue one is reserved for a lucky few that get the drop quickly or the high level control wizards!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    lies im 56 CW, got 1 dog yday after like 9 hours, today with 10min runs... 8h 0
  • Options
    kenjioyamakenjioyama Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    qinnux wrote: »
    lies im 56 CW, got 1 dog yday after like 9 hours, today with 10min runs... 8h 0
    My point exactly. I have 133 bones now and no Blue Dog. So lucky drop people, exploiters and Control Wizards are the players this event was made for. Nice going Cryptic. <sarcasm>
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    58 Cleric that's where I got my pups. I first tried to get with my GWF but he wasn't hitting hard enough.
  • Options
    icedragon01234icedragon01234 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So what is the drop rate?
  • Options
    stargeezertimstargeezertim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    So what is the drop rate?

Can't speak with solid data, but anectotally, between my friend and I we had a total of 5 blues drop. Additionally, I personally collected enough bones for 10 whites and I believe he got about 5.
    hh_banner_small_revised_zps5bc02b95.jpg

Will /danceseductive for ZEN. :cool:
  • Options
    chrismk72chrismk72 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    whoamark wrote: »
    Let me guess, these 40 bones are for a dog without the blue glow, meaning people with better RNG will have better dogs, despite everyone chipping in the same.

The white dog and the "blue" dog looks the same on rank 1.

The white dog for the 40 bones ist max. lvl 15. without a book to upgrade( which will come later ).
    The blue "drop" dog ist max lvl. 25.

So later after release they maybe sell books to upgrade the white into a green, blue, purple.

The blue dog is better then, because you only need to buy one book to make it an purple.

I have both dogs. First i got my 40 bones white dog, and next day i opened a bone-bag in my inventory, and the blue dog appeared out of this in my inventory. So it was in the bag. The ones you collect as chests.

And i think the skin whith the glow is a higher lvl skin. So i bet it will be at lvl 25 , oder 30 later, with a book. If we are lucky the skin is the lvl 10 skin, so the white dog will get it too, but i don't know. It looks too cool for a lvl 10 skin ;-)
  • Options
    scimp1scimp1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ive opened roughly 200 bags o bones. Not a single dog. Seen people selling 3 and 4. So must be nice. I for one am glad i learned that i will be ****ed. Wont be spending any money on this game now myself. Give some people 3,4,5 blue dogs and i cant even get one

They can get ****ed on keys cause i wont risk it with the odds so skewed
  • Options
    mamatankmamatank Member Posts: 52
    edited June 2013
    It's a kick in the shin that you can give a bunch of time to playing the event and not get the good companion unless you buy it from a lucky person on the open market.

I gave alot of time to this event, hoping to get a blue dog and now I have to work, so I'm done with it. I ended up not really getting anything that I consider worth the time I spent. I have over 100 bones and I'm not even sure what I want to do with them. What I really wanted was a blue dog and that's not going to happen now, unless I fork over the money to someone who got lucky.

It appears the general philosophy the developers are going with is "online gambling." I think the best thing for me to do is just move on and find another game to play.
  • Options
    wednesdaywoe13wednesdaywoe13 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Anecdotally, the blue dog dropped for me after collecting about 250-300 bones.

By the time I got it, I had already bought 4 white (common) dogs, numerous enchantment grab-bags, and had collected enough Savage enhancements to assemble one Rank 7, and two Rank 6.

On the flip side, I know people who had the blue dog drop two or three times within an hour. Some people are going to wind up with the RNG favoring them, and some are going to be on the fringe end or worse...that's what happens when devs fail to add streakbreaking measures to prevent unfortunate players from getting hosed by RNG.

They could have also designed the event in such a way that it didn't have a glaring preference for high-level wizards. That might have helped.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They could have also designed the event in such a way that it didn't have a glaring preference for high-level wizards. That might have helped.

People keep saying that because they obviously don't know how the event works. You can get a chance for a rare dog without even killing anything. Its the hulks and wights that drop bags. When a wight/hulk dies, the loot it awards goes right under the feet of characters in the area. You don't even have to hit it. AOE characters do have an advantage when farming the enchants though. As everything drops those.

Several times I lost track of time reading the forums. When I tabbed back into the game my character had loot from doing absolutely nothing but standing there. This is from the hulks/wights. The loot drops that have a chance of being bags. Again, you don't even have to fight to have a chance at getting the dogs. Just be there when it dies.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    canishelixcanishelix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited June 2013
    Less QQ more pew pew...

spent like 3 hrs ytd and got 1 blue dog after

getting almost 170 bones

I dont see how some ppl can feel entitled to a blue dog...

Are you entitled to win the lottery just because u spend more than others buying it?

Btw dunno if it helps but logging in and out may help

I did that after not being able to get one.. and shortly after i got one after relog
  • Options
    rev2krev2k Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Pssh blue dog, yay epic wolf! :P
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rev2k wrote: »
    Pssh blue dog, yay epic wolf! :P

I'm sure the wolf is better, but it doesn't burn with purple fire.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    chrismk72chrismk72 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm lucky to have 3 different colored dogs now, all trained to rank 6 at the same time, so i can compare them at the same rank (all rank6):

White skeleton dog ( the one for 40 bones ) :
    - Damage 118-144 and 326-398
    - Power : 22
    - Hitpoints : 3801

Green "normal" dog ( buyed in the auctions house ) :
    - Power : 24
    - Hitpoints : 4177

Blue Skeleton Dog ( randomly dropped out of bonebags ) :
    - Power 26
    - Hitpoints : 4553

So , no panic to those that only have a "white" skeleton dog. I think some time after release there will be books to upgrade your companions from white to green, from green to blue , and from blue to purple. In the end you will have the same skeleton dog if it's upgraded to the same color.

Edit:
    runebane wrote: »
    I'm sure the wolf is better, but it doesn't burn with purple fire.

Would be nice to compare a trained rank 6 wolf to those dogs ;-)
  • Options
    wednesdaywoe13wednesdaywoe13 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    AOE characters do have an advantage when farming the enchants though. As everything drops those.

Thanks for confirming my point.
  • Options
    silence1k1llsilence1k1ll Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Let me guess, these 40 bones are for a dog without the blue glow, meaning people with better RNG will have better dogs, despite everyone chipping in the same.

You apparently didn't use the forum search button about this topic to learn that you can actually get 3 bags from the invasions by sitting at them and killing only a single monster.

The bone bag chest drops have nothing to do with your contribution.

Nothing, what so ever.
    I ENJOY PLAYING NWO
  • Options
    shajib1234shajib1234 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Only the wights and the Hulks drop loot, and as long you are there at the event, you will get it.
  • Options
    scimp1scimp1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mamatank wrote: »
    It's a kick in the shin that you can give a bunch of time to playing the event and not get the good companion unless you buy it from a lucky person on the open market.

I gave alot of time to this event, hoping to get a blue dog and now I have to work, so I'm done with it. I ended up not really getting anything that I consider worth the time I spent. I have over 100 bones and I'm not even sure what I want to do with them. What I really wanted was a blue dog and that's not going to happen now, unless I fork over the money to someone who got lucky.

It appears the general philosophy the developers are going with is "online gambling." I think the best thing for me to do is just move on and find another game to play.

Much better said than my rant. But same thought. Rather put my money into something sure like WoT. Something i know what im paying for. Ive played plenty of MMOs and will play more im sure. But im not dumping money into a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> shoot
  • Options
    gaatorgaator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104
    edited June 2013
    It's the Wizards. They repel and kill everything. Don't bring in a melee user for this.
    aaaaaaaahahaha

icy terrain...steal time...shield pop...
    icy terrain...steal time...shield pop...icy terrain...steal time...shield pop...icy terrain...steal time...shield pop...icy terrain...steal time...shield pop...icy terrain...steal time...shield pop...icy terrain...steal time...shield pop...icy terrain...steal time...shield pop...icy terrain...steal time...shield pop...icy terrain...steal time...shield pop...icy terrain...steal time...shield pop...icy terrain...steal time...shield pop...icy terrain...steal time...shield pop...icy terrain...steal time...shield pop...icy terrain...steal time...shield pop...icy terrain...steal time...shield pop...icy terrain...steal time...shield pop...icy terrain...steal time...shield pop...icy terrain...steal time...shield pop...icy terrain...steal time...shield pop...icy terrain...steal time...shield pop...icy terrain...steal time...shield pop...icy terrain...steal time...shield pop...icy terrain...steal time...shield pop...icy terrain...steal time...shield pop...icy terrain...steal time...shield pop...icy terrain...steal time...shield pop...icy terrain...steal time...shield pop...icy terrain...steal time...shield pop...icy terrain...steal time...shield pop...icy terrain...steal time...shield pop...

3 rare skeletal dogs biiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa