test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Difference between Skeletal Dog and Skeleton Dog?

Comments

• Options
    nemoladenemolade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think that their maybe diminishing returns on bag drops, I am multi boxing and my main toon which has been doing them all day has not received one in 3-4 matchs while my other toon is in the same fight
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nemolade wrote: »
    I think that their maybe diminishing returns on bag drops, I am multi boxing and my main toon which has been doing them all day has not received one in 3-4 matchs while my other toon is in the same fight

From what I can tell. You only seem to get the bags when a Hulk spawns. And the hulks only seem to spawn randomly. Speculation is Hulks only show up if your portal group is really cleaning house. Slower groups don't seem to get them.
  • Options
    nemoladenemolade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    From what I can tell. You only seem to get the bags when a Hulk spawns. And the hulks only seem to spawn randomly. Speculation is Hulks only show up if your portal group is really cleaning house. Slower groups don't seem to get them.

noticed that also, most the time i only get enchants the last few matchs
  • Options
    qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    and even then quite rarely the hulkers drop a box :/

So how many of you got the dog from the bag vs end reward? iv gone through like 20+bags and now 25 event runs -_-
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    qinnux wrote: »
    and even then quite rarely the hulkers drop a box :/

So how many of you got the dog from the bag vs end reward? iv gone through like 20+bags and now 25 event runs -_-

I have gotten 2 from bags and one for end rewards. Haven't been keep tracking of how many I have done though.
  • Options
    onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ya I've been here for awhile now and still do not have one xD. I even decided to play as a better more damaging character to see if I can get the companion but still no luck. Oh well Lol. I just hope I get one before the event ends :3.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    any particular patter ya followed? like instead of lookign for few people, did it with loads of people (more hulkers? and bags then?).
  • Options
    overoceaoverocea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    am feeling pretty lucky.. I rarely get good drops and got a blue skelly in about my third bag drop. I crash when the portals close before I get the end reward :x

I hope it gets flames on its next skin! :D
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    if the game freezes at portals just let it sit like it for like 20s - its cuz of the 100-s of stones with physics when the portal collapses. whole like 5 of them on the map + all instances.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    qinnux wrote: »
    any particular patter ya followed? like instead of lookign for few people, did it with loads of people (more hulkers? and bags then?).

Being able to clear fast is nice. Just make sure you can get to the hulks before they did. It is good to know where they spawn.

But I think if there are too many people in a spot it will work against you because they probably can only respawn so fast.
  • Options
    supergalingsupergaling Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    you can get the blue dogs as rewards or loots from the bag. i got 2 from the event and 1 from a bag
    rate my foundry Silent Hill: Neverwinter/NW-DN5473FET
  • Options
    thestoryteller01thestoryteller01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I collected 54 bags of bones so far (that should tell you how many portals I have allready battled) which I opened for 1-3 bones - but got no dog drop. So my guess is, that its all about luck ;)
    In case you find my grammar or spelling weird ---> native german speaker ;)
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I collected 54 bags of bones so far (that should tell you how much portals I have allready battled) which I opened for 1-3 bones - but got no dog drop. So my guess is, that its all about luck ;)
    Sounds like my luck...though you're admittedly about triple the number of bags as me...
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I collected 54 bags of bones so far (that should tell you how much portals I have allready battled) which I opened for 1-3 bones - but got no dog drop. So my guess is, that its all about luck ;)

Same xD I've had enough to gain 3 regular Skeletal dogs but no Blue T.T. Oh well I'll keep trying.
  • Options
    kosiscorekosiscore Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »

Level 14 here, I was at a spawn point solo for 2 solid minutes and a hulk spawned within the first 30 seconds. I was not having much luck killing anything, but it was a lot of fun!
  • Options
    aznp33nrocketaznp33nrocket Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    2 blue dogs so far.. done the event 11 times.. 1 from bag of bones, 1 from the end of event reward. Only 2 ways I know you can get them.
  • Options
    karvitchdoomsaykarvitchdoomsay Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've done the event once and got the blue dog.. luck i suppose.
  • Options
    stargeezertimstargeezertim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It's the Wizards. They repel and kill everything. Don't bring in a melee user for this.

This is a myth I'm happy to dispel. I've run the event on all of my toons...one of each class. They range from low 30's to level cap. I have precisely the same chance at the random drops on each of them. While it may be argued the AoE classes can dispatch the mobs much faster, the fact is everyone has an even shot at getting drops. In fact, I've had 2 blue dogs drop, one on a level 35 TR who was covering the same portal as 2 CW's, 3 DC's and a GWF. Sooo...there ya have it.
    hh_banner_small_revised_zps5bc02b95.jpg

Will /danceseductive for ZEN. :cool:
  • Options
    ranlinerranliner Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    got 20+ bags of bones not even 1 blue dog :/
  • Options
    mutepoint1mutepoint1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2013
    whoamark wrote: »
    I just find it stupid how I have to wait to do so many of these lag infested events for 1-4 bones each time, when the end result is getting a dog that is inferior to the "blue dogs" everyone keeps speaking of.

Can someone clarity whether either of these dogs have a blue glow like the ones near the vendor?

The ones near the vendor are using a higher level skin. Not sure which yet.
  • Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I collected 54 bags of bones so far (that should tell you how many portals I have allready battled) which I opened for 1-3 bones - but got no dog drop. So my guess is, that its all about luck ;)

Sitting about about the same number of bones with bags being an average of 2 and still no dog here either. RNG just hates some of us I guess. Really hoping to be able to get a blue for when/if they release the Warlock. Warlock and skelly dog would look cool imo (cosmetic vanity).
  • Options
    mo4n1mlotmo4n1mlot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Got my blue dog on my first event, and since just bones in bags (spent those bones in enchants) !

Just a question of luck !
  • Options
    thestoryteller01thestoryteller01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Phew! With my 73rd bag I finally got my blue skellie dog :p
    In case you find my grammar or spelling weird ---> native german speaker ;)
  • Options
    geerthgeerth Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    68 bags opened, no blue dog yet -.-
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Over 100 bags! Got 1!!! WHOOO
  • Options
    mrrb2000mrrb2000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    over 80 bags still don't have one :(
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xhrit wrote: »
    Let me guess, another person complaining about other people getting better event loot despite everyone who participates having the exact same chance at getting the rewards.

I laughed so hard at this one .
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I got 3 now :3. I'm happy. I have no idea how many of those Savage Enchantments though.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    whoamark wrote: »
    Let me guess, these 40 bones are for a dog without the blue glow, meaning people with better RNG will have better dogs, despite everyone chipping in the same.

Random drops are random. However, those that participate in the event have much more chance to eventually get one (or more) of the dogs than those that do not participate at all.
  • Options
    seraphnaseraphna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Should it even be pointed out that when the game comes out, you can buy manuals that will let you increase the quality of your companions up to Rare quality? Meaning you can get a Normal one now and later up upgrade it to the full version.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]