test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shame on the new event!

Comments

• etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    The first event didn't run with clock-like precision, and didn't perfectly please the varied tastes of every player in the game. Wow, the developers must suck! Off with their heads! Hang them high! Oops, that won't work too well, better do that in reverse.

This really isn't all that different from other invasion events I've played in other games, lag and all. Hopefully they will be able to smooth it out a bit, for the next event.

There is more to the come in this event too, other than the invasion portals. Perhaps the masses should hold their review until everything has had a chance to play out.

Waiting til the event is over to complain is definitely a good plan. It's not like anything can be done to make it less embarrassing at this point.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It looks like the devs changed something to improve the event, the max number of player per zone has been dropped to 75. Not a big change but still, it means they're listening.
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    j0nnyf1v3 wrote: »
    I'm going to say shame for the timing of the event. A lot of people work for a living, of those people a huge percentage work Monday - Friday. Why time this event so those of us professionals with jobs have no hope of playing. I can't stay up until one or two in the morning when I have to get up at five. Beyond that, I only got two days notice of the event so I couldn't even request a late start to my Monday work day or anything. From the sounds of it, I didn't miss much, but please, in the future, schedule these events so normal adults can play them as well.

This is my biggest issue. I don't know WTF everyone is complaining about because I have a job! 3 Day event during the week? Seriously how about we all collect runes last week and have the siege on the weekend.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    What they could do is just send out a goodie bag at the end of the event and say "Thanks for participating in the defense of neverwinter. Here's your goodie bag with the blue skeletal doggie. Thank you for playing." I think it would stop 99.99% of the whinning here.

I have been observing people on the internet for a lot of years and let me tell you, most the whining does not stop
  • l3l3l3l3l3l3l3l3 Member Posts: 73
    edited June 2013
    Was this event tested before going to live servers?
    I dont think so, otherwise devs would have known that the majority of player pc's lagg at the end of the event.

Did i mention the mobs die too fast?

3/10
  • snakeoil88snakeoil88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What I hate is a few of us are there for the fun and the AOE spammers are selling dogs soon after.
  • mievhmievh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Being a Cleric it's kinda hard to get kills. How about we get credit for... I don't know, healing or buffing?
    Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
  • ghostmatterghostmatter Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm at work but I figure switching instance should allow for reduced people. HAs anyone tried that?
    Did nobody try that yet?
  • adhal81adhal81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    people are simple minded, change to the lowest populated instance and go to one of the spawns that aren't as heavily populated, I only have 2-8 other people at my spawns and I get plenty... on all classes
  • sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They just lowered the number of players per instance.
    My instance only has 50 players.
    With less players, difficulty has increased.
    My wizard needed to drink 2 health potions to survive the mobs,
    but it was worth it since I just got 3 bags of bones + 2 individual bones + numerous enchantments and scrolls. Thank you Cryptic for such a fun and rewarding event!

Edit: number of players per instance has increased to 60-75.
  • ooinnooinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    The first event didn't run with clock-like precision, and didn't perfectly please the varied tastes of every player in the game. Wow, the developers must suck! Off with their heads! Hang them high! Oops, that won't work too well, better do that in reverse.

This really isn't all that different from other invasion events I've played in other games, lag and all. Hopefully they will be able to smooth it out a bit, for the next event.

There is more to the come in this event too, other than the invasion portals. Perhaps the masses should hold their review until everything has had a chance to play out.

The problem is. ME, just as a gamer. Would have thought.

"You know...the AoE classes will just stand on the portals and AoE the mobs before anyone really has a chance to hit them for enough to get loot. And this will cause a lot of lag."

So it begs the question. Why didn't the Devs think this through.
    fs_pc.png
  • xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I got a burning bone doggie for my half devil. Looks I will have to raise it before it ignites, tho...

In any case, I am happy. Thanks, Cryptic!

screenshot_2013-06-17-15-26-22_zps00a471d2.jpg
  • balstromebalstrome Member Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    Yup, I got me a doggie as well. And bones to spare....

My solution was to wait at the edges for the second and third waves, that way, you can get in a few kills before the AoE's land and finish off everything.
  • ghostmatterghostmatter Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    adhal81 wrote: »
    people are simple minded, change to the lowest populated instance and go to one of the spawns that aren't as heavily populated, I only have 2-8 other people at my spawns and I get plenty... on all classes

I can see that... Such a simple fix. Thanks for the answer.
    edited June 2013
    Why is that when the event finished I got a huge FPS drop to having to wait 10 seconds for the client to start responding?

Did I miss something there?
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for adding more enclave instances. Helped quite a bit.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yes yes ...so less coherent before coffee. :)

We need to voice this concern and let Cryptic know that we expect much much better from them, because this was inexcusable. Cryptic might consider running events like this past the Moonstars and silverstars before implementing them..we could have saved them a lot of backlash.

cant say this surprises me though. this event is reminiscent of events in CO. Giant lagfests with subpar rewards
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The enclave instances was a smart move really has helped the lag tremendously
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • pensspenss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The dullest and awful Event, even can is occupied 1 place on dullness and realization. (it wash opinion. if someone also thinks we put +1)
    You have holiday, OBT Closing! And you give out such that there is a wish to cry! I remember old NwN and would like to see here though remotely the similar!
  • hscorpiohscorpio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why is that when the event finished I got a huge FPS drop to having to wait 10 seconds for the client to start responding?

Did I miss something there?

I lowered the graphics to minimum for this event. The game looks like bull manure, but at least it's not hovering at the edge of complete lockdown after the portal closes.
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    grnche12 wrote: »
    I will make this very simple, because many people already felt it. AoE powers way too powerful, and I as rogue am getting only few kills, and in those few kills i only get few bones and stones. I didn't expect anything better, but still.. this is the baddest..

:'(

I was about to post something about this also. What a joke that event thing was. I thought it was going to be a cool raid or something. But what a joke. I feel as my time was waisted on that i mean come on. I got one stupid rank one whatever those things are and and one bone or something its a coin type reward used to buy stuff i guess. At least raise the hp on the bad guys so we whom dont have area attacks get some hits in on them.
  • zyzzybalubahzyzzybalubah Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Do you need to get the first hit on one of these mobs in order to get a bag of bones?
    edited June 2013
    grizzdel wrote: »
    The truly great part is how it causes your machine to crash left and right.

Ya i forgot about that also. My computer didnt crash it bogged down a hell of alot and i am running crossfire 6950 2gb cards with 16gb ram and i7 cpu. What the hell is happening wasnt this tested? Oh ya i forgot this is cryptic no it wasnt tested. My toon even ended up on some arch after the computer got back to normal speed. I mean like what the hell. For **** sakes man get it together people what ever happened to testing something first.

Isnt this now not a beta or whatever the Soft launch was. So is this the hard launch now.
    edited June 2013
    hscorpio wrote: »
    I lowered the graphics to minimum for this event. The game looks like bull manure, but at least it's not hovering at the edge of complete lockdown after the portal closes.

I mean, what does happen during that time?
    edited June 2013
    This pathetic programming for this event sucks. I was all happy before it started i didnt know what to expect. LOL this being neverwinter i shouldnt of got excited. What a joke. Of all these posts so far how many say great job wow that was cool, my computer didnt lag at all. There better be a good answer to this event fallout. I mean come on the people are really wanting this game to succeed. They are giving you a TON of slack. If this was any RPG without DnD on the name this game would be Dead completely already.
  • swamprat40swamprat40 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    penss wrote: »
    The dullest and awful Event, even can is occupied 1 place on dullness and realization. (it wash opinion. if someone also thinks we put +1)
    You have holiday, OBT Closing! And you give out such that there is a wish to cry! I remember old NwN and would like to see here though remotely the similar!

translation please.
  • baddobb1baddobb1 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It's funny how plenty QQ'ed about rogues so they took a bashing, yet totally ignore the class that eats rogues for breakfast in pvp.
    And here we are with an event that's dominated by pure AOE.
    Nothing special about it at all and totally pointless.
    As for the person who claims rogues have AOE, lol please, play a rogue and tell me they have AOE's that actually do damage.
    Problem is rogues are single target dps, that's not the problem, it's the mobs not having there hp's adjusted when more players in the event fighting at that particular portal.
  • baddobb1baddobb1 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Oh and whatever you do, don't shrink your screen down after the event and during the lag of death phase.
    It plays havoc on your machine.
  • jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the Neverwinter Devs are screwed no matter what they do.
  • johneco1johneco1 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I completely agree with everything that has already been said. I'm low level and didn't get a chance to hit anything. I briefly saw what looked like orange name plates but they were gone in 3 seconds. In this day and age, couldn't someone who was building this, make a slider to increase the number of mobs and locations? I was expecting to have mobs killing everyone and owning the streets. The like a scene from Falling Skies, we would have to organize at a central location and begin taking back our city! What a shame.

The game is being officially released in a few days. Is this really the event that you want to showcase your product?