test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

End of Neverwinter Open Beta - Week-long Events!

Comments

• thulkoththulkoth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 52
    edited June 2013
    This is terrible.
  • gibblesgibbles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well First off Yeah the Dog Slightly Crappy and The Runes make No sense why did you not Put Hit points and Critical Strike /Armor pen and Life steal I fine with the last stat but these 2 have to be switched because they don't go together
  • khynneakhynnea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    skidmarx1 wrote: »
    The event is a huge failure too many lvl 60 campers mean lower levels have very little chance of even hitting one of the invasion NPC,s unless they have some sort of spammable AOE.After 3 invasion attempts i got a title for killing 20 mobs,7 bones and a few lv 1-3 enchant runes not much for 1.5 hours standing bored.

It's not just difficult for low level characters. It's difficult for high level characters who have non-instant cast aoe's.

Frankly, after spending 2 hours on this myself, I'm a bit disappointed. I came to town for a break in questing and to check the bank, saw the portals were opening soon and stuck around for some 'fun.' This fun consisted of running around trying to target and hit mobs that were already dead before I could aoe or cast.

The mobs are too frail for the amount of damage they are taking, plain and simple. Either open up more instances for the duration of the event so that we don't have 20-30 players camping each spawn location, or increase the difficulty of the mobs so that other people can actually contribute damage to them before they die.

Otherwise, I'm just not going to be bothering to participate. Especially with people already bragging in zone chat about how they can duplicate bones. Seriously.
  • mcharliehmcharlieh Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I know I'm not the only person having problems with this, but my game completely freezes as soon as I get the System Notify about the portals closing. Not even lags out, just freezes. It'd sit there all day if I let it. :/ Too bad I don't have patience and want to move my toon before I accidentally log in during the event and get frozen in the loading screen.....

Also, I know also been said, it's super annoying as a lower level to get the bones. Or even hit anything for that matter. I suppose I can jump on my higher one and give it a try, but neither are level cap and I feel like the only ones getting more than one or two bags of bones per event is the 60s.D:
  • segasisegasi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can anyone tell me where I can find Makos' Apprentice please?

Edit: NVM finally found him. If anyone needs help his location at the event dais poi on your map.
  • shananiganzzshananiganzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you go down the center staircase that goes up to like where Sgt Knox is you can't miss him.
  • kharn84kharn84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is kinda disappointing, the last three Portals I've been at, have crashed me when they've closed.
  • rancidpunk01rancidpunk01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can someone please clarify if the skeleton dog you can buy from Mako's Apprentice is the same from the drops. Mako's is colored like it's common, but if you inspect someone's skeleton dog it's clearly rare.
  • thulkoththulkoth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 52
    edited June 2013
    Is there some sort of system on rewards? I've gotten in right at the end of a portal and right at the start of one and get the same rewards, 3-4 bones and 1 enchantment rune. Then there's the popup about some other enchantment rune but I never actuallt get the rune.
  • omucubanuomucubanu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So far this is the worst event ive seen , in any game ive played . If the final phase fails just as hard its time to uninstall since this event was the only thing that caught my interest with this game lately .
  • bahumut5bahumut5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can someone please clarify if the skeleton dog you can buy from Mako's Apprentice is the same from the drops. Mako's is colored like it's common, but if you inspect someone's skeleton dog it's clearly rare.

I got a rare one when I simply opened my inventory after the portals closed and it was there... Can't remember picking it up or anything, it just appeared...
  • makabremk4makabremk4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9
    edited June 2013
    after the 1st event i participate i only get 2 bones at the end.. even if the small screen says i get 3.
    When event is over and you hope to pick up your loot, it disappears right in front of you (you dont see it in the 5 mins of combat anyway and when event is over.. loot vanish)
    I would not say thats the worst beta-end-event ever... but its surely lower-class :mad:
  • sftmrbulletsftmrbullet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, this event is only for CW' s. This event can't be meant seriously... it's just a joke right ? So what you do is you go to portal, where you are looking on the cw's how they are monsrously gaining wealth and you are trying to kill anything, but no, every monster just dissapear right after it spawns. It's very complex event: 1. step - get a control wizard. 2. step - just stay at spawn and kill everything with ??? 3. step - profit. Very nice and heartfelt event. I wonder who devised this "event" he must be a real cIick.
  • mandrik1mandrik1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I hope the managers of the event read the comments...

The event is terrible, i am sorry but this is the worst event i have ever seen in any game.
    Not only that it is impossible to get more than a few kills, also one cannot team up for better results.

I hope you will change the event, because the event is just annoying
  • mafiuplmafiupl Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same here - this is the worst event i have ever seen in any MMO. Playing Cleric so no chances to get many kills. No chance to get dog or anything when CW/TR/GWF are around...

Last patch made cleric the weakest class in game and you want me to kill many skeletons? LOL
  • makabremk4makabremk4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9
    edited June 2013
    Bone-loot at the end an event starts to get lower and lower... at my 1st i got 3 bones (as written), then i get 2 bones (still says at the pop-up that i get 3)... now i get 1 bone (pop-up grins at me an says i get 3).
    Motivation siiiiinking...
  • leelinkleelink Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I got a rare dog after the portals closed. The one in the shop is different than the ones that drop
  • segasisegasi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mafiupl wrote: »
    Same here - this is the worst event i have ever seen in any MMO. Playing Cleric so no chances to get many kills. No chance to get dog or anything when CW/TR/GWF are around...

Last patch made cleric the weakest class in game and you want me to kill many skeletons? LOL

You don't need to kill anything just hit it. As a Guardian warrior with cleave (aoe) attack i just spam that. Maybe you have something like that?
  • dlacikdlacik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As a TR i'm pretty disapointed with this event. I have only 1 non-instant AoE power with 10s CD. It's nearly impossible to hit anything when there are CW's non-stop spaming their AoE powers. Even getting some melee hits on hulk is hard because they are killed immediately.
  • cartivacartiva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lvl 60 CW and I don't get any more or less loot then my lvl 16 Cleric or lvl 60 Guardian. Please stop whining. Everyone is stacked on the portal and everyone is spamming to get as many hits as possible. Deal with it.
    Keira Taletreader 60 GF 13.9 GS
    Erdan Loreweaver 60 CW 11.3 GS
    Mika Hawklight 60 DC 11.5 GS
    Rukia Stealthfoot 60 TR 11.5 GS
    Ka D'Argo 60 HR 13.7 GS
    Ivan Ironfist 60 GWF 11.6 GS
  • mafiuplmafiupl Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Gold rank for killing many enemies. 1 bone for reward. Complete waste of time...event only provide lag - that's all. Don't make another event's like this.
  • bluemoondreambluemoondream Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is a terrible event. The prises are not great and the organisation sucks. No one shoot me but I think wow organises better events. Eather do something about the mobs, make them harder to kill and or more of them. They could also limit the amount of times charticters are aloud to participate in one day. The lag is herrendouse because they haven't limited it or devided it fromt he main areas, which could have easily been done with a handy portal or dungon instance instead of this mess. Any way thats my grumble for the day.
  • keppoch1keppoch1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I got a blue skeleton dog from a Bag of Bones.
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think it's a nice first (beta) event, but I haven't been spoiled by WoW, so it could be just me :)

But anyway, what's with the dogs...? Shouldn't that have been Cats? :p
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    take u are one of thos that like bugs,explod for ern gold and items rly fast and esy and dont have to work for it at all -.-

actually i grind and farm. but thanks for playing.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dlacik wrote: »
    As a TR i'm pretty disapointed with this event. I have only 1 non-instant AoE power with 10s CD. It's nearly impossible to hit anything when there are CW's non-stop spaming their AoE powers. Even getting some melee hits on hulk is hard because they are killed immediately.

with these events happening twice every hour, you should try the different areas. some are more crowded than others. lots of people go by the auction house and the bank because they've been nearly consistent on spawning there.

you can also try changing your instance for one with less people.

since this has been going on (11 hours now) i think that as it gets closer to the end, less people will be participating. die-hard farmers are going to be on this for the entire duration of the event. so you could try an off hour or a little bit later.

good luck!
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I read about people complaining and thought surely they were over-exagerating. But yeah, instant kill mobs don't really make a fun event. However this is better than no event, I just hope that either the health is raised of the mobs, or that future events will be better. I still appreciate the event even if it wasn't done the best it could have been :D.
  • ghostmatterghostmatter Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm at work but I figure switching instance should allow for reduced people. Has anyone tried that?
  • pollenipolleni Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The post says the harder mobs will be in game on the 19th. This is just the first wave.
    House of Araball
    NW-DQ4WYNIVGlogo-on.png
  • thwaite81thwaite81 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, I waited 15 minutes to get 1 bones and nearly crashed my computer. Is there supposed to be better drops rates or a chest at the end that actually gives you something? Because all I got a was a (ONE) lousy bone.