Install Arc
Options

Skill nodes.

Comments

• Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    I have experienced the same issue. I've saved up a few really good quest instances that are pretty easy to run thru during profession event.

Now after a few times running thru the instance all I get is trash items. They have made it impossible to farm enchants now legit.

Maybe it's just me, but farming a single "saved" quest instance "a few times" in the short 30min profession event..... somehow doesn't feel "legit" to me. But maybe that's just because doing something like that never occurred to me. /shrug

It certainly doesn't seem how they intended it to work. (On the other hand, I'm not sure where you're supposed to get a steady supply of skill nodes once you hit 60 and have done all the quests.)
  • Options
    landragoonlandragoon Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Reason for this nerf is pretty obvious, and it's not botting. Just ask yourself, what happens when people get less enchants than before?

a) People get other enchants, e.g. Tenebrous Enchantment. Yep, the one that costs Zen to acquire.
    b) Price on Enchantments rises. People require more AD to buy enchantments. How to get a sufficient amount of AD? Yep, buy Zen.

This reeks more of a cash-grab move than actually fixing a problem.
  • Options
    crusader468crusader468 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    people griefing and stealing my nodes

Those nodes aint your`s to begin with, each and every person can and has the right ...same as you do...to farm nodes

MY NODES....lmfao
  • Options
    bananskruebananskrue Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I really don't understand this move, it's just retardation from cryptic. Making the stuff that drops from skill nodes rarer hurts pretty much everyone.

Enchants are rarer
    Enchants are more expensive
    Farmers and botters make the same amount of money
    Everyone else must pay more on the AH.
    Welp.
  • Options
    crusader468crusader468 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you all had the sence to check the ingame calendar ...you could see there is a 4 days event on double enchants..runestones...started today, reading instead of complaining gives you more profit
  • Options
    bananskruebananskrue Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What are you talking about? So because everyone is getting double enchants for 4 days they have to nerf enchant gain by 50%?

Cryptic logic.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    people griefing and stealing my nodes

Those nodes aint your`s to begin with, each and every person can and has the right ...same as you do...to farm nodes

MY NODES....lmfao

No one owns anything obviously. But people who run in to steal the nodes others are fighting their way to are just jerks for doing so. Happens in every game that has something like this to farm though.

If you all had the sence to check the ingame calendar ...you could see there is a 4 days event on double enchants..runestones...started today, reading instead of complaining gives you more profit

Really don't see what that has to do with anything. Except maybe they added that so more people would farm so they could test the nerf.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    bdragonbbdragonb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

And why you didn't read the first post before posting "this"?:rolleyes:

Every day this company show his stupidity, this was one of the silliest moves of it. Make a event that do 2x "things" and then cut the "thing" generation by 50%+? (Where are the facepalm emoticon?!)
  • Options
    stephooonstephooon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Come to think of it, this wouldn't stop botting. All they would have to do is figure out how long they can loot skill nodes for before grey items start getting looting then work out how long they need to wait before they can start looting skill nodes again and just factor that into their bots. It slows them down sure but it basically stops normal players completely.
  • Options
    eqballzzeqballzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Saw the same thing. Was trying to take advantage of the "professions" event and it was only the last 15 minutes of the event and yet I still managed to hit the threshold and loot grey junk. WTF is the point of an event that prods you to doing something (and wasting kits) and then penalizing people who do? Brilliant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Ok..i agree 100% that griefing blows, happened to me a couple times as well.

On the other hand..i get loads of double enchants and runes...and when not double it`s a load of singles....i don`t know where you guys got the idea they cut anything in half, this is not the case for me.

Btw i had absolutely no offensive intentions with my replies
  • Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They added a nerf so that after you have farmed a certain number of nodes you start getting just grey junk from the following nodes that is worth less than the cost of a kit. That is what we are talking about.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I see...i yet have to find a node that gives <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> though...and i do farm every node i find, i have my routes to run and sofar ..even after event start i still have to find the 1st node filled with junk.

I do understand the frustration though if it happens several times in a row
  • Options
    iceybluekitsuneiceybluekitsune Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 83
    edited June 2013
    I see...i yet have to find a node that gives <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> though...and i do farm every node i find, i have my routes to run and sofar ..even after event start i still have to find the 1st node filled with junk.

I do understand the frustration though if it happens several times in a row

how many nodes have you hit? and in what time? if you hit one every 5 mins or so then you most likely wont encounter it. its if you hit like 10-15 in under 30 minutes
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    On average 1 node per min if the region is clear, i will give it a test first thing tomorrow when ingame and post the results, now i have to hit the pillow since it`s 3:32 AM over here :P
  • Options
    slicerdiceroldslicerdicerold Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 60
    edited June 2013
    how many nodes have you hit? and in what time? if you hit one every 5 mins or so then you most likely wont encounter it. its if you hit like 10-15 in under 30 minutes

did they post that in patch notes?
  • Options
    pregnablepregnable Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    TL;DR

Whatever we are talking about, I would just like to take the opposing view of everyone, and state that whatever problem they are having, I am not, and that they should just learn2play.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    did they post that in patch notes?

there is nothing in the patch notes about this nerf, i was just guessing, i didnt time myself when i was doing it it just seemed about that time range and number of nodes.
  • Options
    kevlintallfellowkevlintallfellow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm sure that resetting quest instances for the sole purpose of farming chests and nodes was never intended behavior to begin with. Resetting quest instances should not be used for anything other than allowing players to continue their quests if they had to log out or got disconnected and were subsequently moved out of the instance.

Why do you think they won't let people put chests or nodes in their foundry projects? Because people would create foundry projects that were nothing more than a single room with as many chests and skill nodes as they could possibly fit in it, up to whatever limits were allowed by the foundry, for the sole purpose of going in, getting all the loot, then going back outside to reset the place and do it all over again.

They put those things in the quest instances so players would get some treasure out of the quest dungeon they were doing, not so you could just grab them all then log out and back in to reset the whole thing for you to loot it some more.

As for nodes outside of instances, those should not have had any changes done to them, because the very nature of being outside means that they are quite possibly contested, and removing the ability to farm nodes in a place that's always entirely uncontested will make the ones outside even more-so.

Can anyone confirm the locations of the nodes that are giving diminishing returns? If they're doing it inside instances *only*, I would say that is by design, and rightfully so. If they are doing it outside in the open world where other players can contest them, I would wonder what the point of that is if they're already contested.

Maybe they should make crafting materials start dropping off trash mobs in dungeons, with a high rate of frequency, to address two issues at once.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can anyone confirm the locations of the nodes that are giving diminishing returns? If they're doing it inside instances *only*, I would say that is by design, and rightfully so. If they are doing it outside in the open world where other players can contest them, I would wonder what the point of that is if they're already contested.

100% in the open world for me.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    with this change i will stop farming lol XD con only do something in leadership profesion since the otres will take forever to create something good XD
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • Options
    iuseforumiuseforum Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Game is broken. Unpatch the game
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ok i just ran the chasm again for farming nodes, after about 15 mins and approx 22 nodes on the next node i hit i got 50' of rope gray item (not even worth the cost of the religion kit i purchased to open the node).
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Kev I don't know if it has any effect in instances but its nerfed as described in open world
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    lol thats 1 way to bump a thread i guess
  • Options
    tceltcel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was wondering where all the nodes had gone. This is very concerning, I have only so much time and I do enjoy crafting. I haven't gotten high enough to see a big increase in astrals so I can't afford the AH. Please correct this, as the profession kits aren't that cheap to start out with.

Also, I noticed that during the enchantement drop even that low level enchantments and runestones are failing to fuse more than they used to. I would imagine this is to encourage purchase of the wards, but that really is a bit much.
  • Options
    rustybladesrustyblades Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited June 2013
    I haven't bought kits since my leadership hit level 8. I just run the help the needy/survey team and follow map to treasure (for two large chests that usually pack 2 of most kits) or find refugees home for the barrel of cool stuff. My GWF had enough dungeneering kits to put at least 2 dozen on the AH.

Sounds like nodes start dropping items from the robe of useless junk.
  • Options
    noyouwontnoyouwont Member Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    I think this is at least a little funny.

I made it about 7 minutes until I got Bent and Forked.

Obviously you aren't supposed to farm for more than 7 minutes.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    What do you mean not lasting?

More than likely there are a lot of other people looking for the nodes. Are you sure that you are simply having a hard time finding nodes which haven't already been looted?
  • Options
    remlharremlhar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I had that same problem as well.

So what youre saying ambisinsiterr is that someone is taking the time to loot everything individually but leaving the one piece of junk? I just think the nodes werent replenishing properly.