test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Skill nodes.

stephooonstephooon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So I loot a lot of skill nodes and i've noticed since the patch that after an unconfirmed amount of looting for a short while all the skill nodes will give "treasure" items such as Bent fork, 50" of rope, similar to flawed sapphire.
Did this patch introduce some kind of sneaky Skill node looting limit?

Was this to counteract the oncoming 2x Enchantment event or is it a perm feature now? (i check the patch notes i couldn't find info about it but maybe i missed it)

An explanation would be nice.
Post edited by stephooon on

Comments

• Options
    settkosettko Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Also noticed this. After 5-6 nodes, cheap items drop for at least a minute or two. A nice way to tell us that we've overground the grinding. For 1.5 silver per Kit, 2 copper for a 'Treasure' or a Bag of Holes seems like a bit of a mockery.

I hope the Devs realize that this will make Resources sky-high in price. I have also checked the patch notes for any kind of anti-botting feature, no luck.

If it keeps up, might as well forget the crafting and go for 100% Leadership, grab all the AD we can, instead of making useful things for the playerbase. Just keep stomping on the fingers of players supporting the economy, Cryptic.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Skill nodes were being exploited by bots. So the skill nodes nearest the entrance to an instance have been removed. And I suspect the garbage is to discourage the bots.
  • Options
    darklodusdarklodus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    Skill nodes were being exploited by bots. So the skill nodes nearest the entrance to an instance have been removed. And I suspect the garbage is to discourage the bots.

hehe...I can see it now, someone loads up NW and launches his bot program for 2 days then comes back to check on the massive loots he can sell on the AH just to find a bunch of garbage. The scene from Home Alone comes to mind when he applies the aftershave LOL

darklodus
  • Options
    stephooonstephooon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013

That makes a lot of sense, it's just frustrating that it effects me in a negative way as well.
  • Options
    noyouwontnoyouwont Member Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    So I like to node farm instances, and now if I reset one more than twice (or pick out more than 10 nodes in one instance) they drop garbage.

Why did they do this? To stop botters and exploiters.

The problem?

Not everyone is abusing this behavior, so a blanket nerf affects legitimate players.

Personally, there is only one good spot to farm nodes that is not instanced (Rothe Valley) and it is usually so picked through that it is hard to get a good profitable path going. Not to mention that I really don't like having to contend with people griefing and stealing my nodes, so I opt for clearing my favorite instances instead.

However, I can't do this anymore or I end up with 50" rope, Bent Fork, Shiny Glass (all not even worth selling).

What's the deal?
  • Options
    bananskruebananskrue Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    One would think removing skill nodes at the beginning of dungeons would be enough. I generally always keep kits with me because people usually don't and it's given me good money in the past, it kinda sucks when you suddenly get a 1 foot pole, though. At least make the trash worth the same amount of dosh as your kit so you get refunded your dosh.
  • Options
    noyouwontnoyouwont Member Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    Kits shouldn't cost more than the items they get from the nodes. PERIOD.
  • Options
    khatzhaskhatzhas Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Its to discourage the bots, instance-swappers and other farmers. Probably particularly important before the 2x enchantment event.
  • Options
    aaronjfaaronjf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What are some of the best instances in your mind to farm nodes? I have recently started to farm enchants for my toon and any info would be appreciated :)
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I have experienced the same issue. I've saved up a few really good quest instances that are pretty easy to run thru during profession event.

Now after a few times running thru the instance all I get is trash items. They have made it impossible to farm enchants now legit.
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    A stealth nerf on all skill nodes appears to have happened in instances.
  • Options
    iceybluekitsuneiceybluekitsune Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 83
    edited June 2013
    im encountering this as well, i could care less about the enchants, they want to limit something limit those i want the profession items. this is quite annoying and really just something that makes me enjoy this game less. when i first saw this on reddit i checked it myself and didnt seem to encounter it but today im encountering it more often. they want to discourage bots they need to watch and do tracking for that rather then hurt those players that dont want to sit waiting 20 mins for a profession slot to go farm 2 pieces of cloth/ore/pelt/etc.

i wont speak for everyone but in my opinion this is a large disservice to the players who are doing things legitimately and with the way profession nodes do not guarantee any actual profession items, a harsh downside to the unique profession system in this game.
  • Options
    srazysrazy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    From what i heard, its if u loot x nodes in a short amount of time, ull get no resource, so no more farming in outlv areas, which i find a good thing, maybe the devs could also, make every node in outleveled zones give that reward to lvs 60s so they would go get nodes to either MT hotnow or caverns.
    That way, people doing that area in the level range would benefit from getting nodes, instead of checking a node only to find out some of lesser rewards that people claim are being showing, being left there, since a lv 60 would not get a 75copper lesser resource, and the node dont reset unless its cleared.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    i was in the chasm area farming just moments ago not only did i get trash items after maybe 15 nodes they were 75 copper, i did even get a 2 copper item which was i believe "50 yards of string" or something. as for farming in lower areas when your max level its going to happen unless they have it similar to other games where each level bracket will drop one rank of profession item.

for example in wow each expansion has its own level of cloth, 3 levels of ore, etc. so when you go to farm those high level items you can only do it in the zones where you are an appropriate level, however profession items in wow are much easier and much more exclusive (you cant buy kits to loot some other skill node, only what skill nodes you are trained in).

now im not saying having ranked brackets for profession items will stop farming in lower areas, because it wont unless all the requirements for using rank 1 items as a base item for the next rank are removed and you just make everything from scratch with that ranks profession item. and currently without doing a LARGE amount of mob farming you cant just run around in a max level area and get enough rank 1 profession items to cover the full range of items you have to make to get some gear or get your profession to max.
  • Options
    mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's a F2P there really is no such thing as a "Legitimate" farmer
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, I noticed this last night while I was trying to take advantage of the Professions event. I didn't blow too many kits after noticing the change, and I was in an area where some of the treasure items generate 2 silver, so I probably broke about even, but I'd at least have appreciated a warning that I was being too efficient for the game's liking and it was now going to punish me....

I looked for patch documentation too and came up empty, other than the one about removing nodes.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its a total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> move. I often take a stack of kits and just run around farming nodes when others I play with are not about. What is the point in having the proffession event and the event this week if they are just gonna stealth nerf the nodes anyhow?
  • Options
    murdurus211murdurus211 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mechjockey wrote: »
    It's a F2P there really is no such thing as a "Legitimate" farmer

What an asinine thing to say. If you're going to say that, you may as well say that there are no legitimate players.

Ultimately, what this amounts to is that Cryptic wants us to idle around in town doing nothing but dungeons because there's nothing else to do in this game. I used to be able to farm some enchantments while waiting for a dungeon but now it's just a waste of time. It's bad enough that enchantments have a chance of failure but now it goes even further to limit our ability to get them to begin with. If their purpose was to stop botters, the only thing this will do is slow them down but they will still continue to farm more efficiently than legitimate players because we, as legitimate players, are limited by the amount of time/energy we have to farm at any given time whereas bots can farm 24/7 but now all they have to do is add in a wait time or make multiple accounts. If I didn't want to support bots before, I had the choice not to because I can go out and farm things myself but now, I'm pretty much stuck buying it from bots. I think Cryptic failed to understand that this attempt at getting rid of bots only hurts legitimate farmers and not really bots at all, in fact, it helped them.
  • Options
    mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What an asinine thing to say. If you're going to say that, you may as well say that there are no legitimate players.

Look if you go to disney land, find a stand of wild berries you can pick and eat instead of buying food at the concession stands, what do you think they are going to do ?

1. Leave them there
    2. Prevent you from picking them
    3. Charge you for the privilege
  • Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    First you are encouraged to farm nodes. They have a profession event which is all about node farming, and they have the event this week that gives double enchants. Then with the next breath they tell you oh no you mustn't farm nodes...naughty naughty....here is junk worth less than the cost of the kit you just used.

Every mmo out there there has some form of farming for people to do in their 'down time' which is usually associated with crafting. Here that equates to the skill nodes. Its totally crazy and really really annoying that they have decided to do this....and that they did it with stealth too.
  • Options
    cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Look if you go to disney land, find a stand of wild berries you can pick and eat instead of buying food at the concession stands, what do you think they are going to do ?

1. Leave them there

1. Cryptic did
    2. Cryptic put a limit on them
    3. Cryptic did (skill kits)
  • Options
    jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, more ad for the higher priced enchants, more zen being sold to buy that ad. Awesome. It gets better every day.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • Options
    bdragonbbdragonb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Node nerf exactly before the 2x enchantment event?

I see waht you did here Cryptic.

jiFfM.jpg
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013

1. Leave them there

They'll say "Hey what are you doing ?! Those are poisonous! Lemme call 9-1-1.".
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ****ing stupid nerf. Guess I'll just have to farm the AH for all the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I used to be able to go and get from the skill nodes. If they had a bot problem, kill the god **** bots, but don't screw up the game play for the rest of your customers.

p.s. The reasons to keep playing this game keep dwindling and it's only been 5 weeks.
  • Options
    bananskruebananskrue Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What I noticed most of all is that even during the professions event, which sais you're guaranteed at least one resource from nodes, you get gray items. Good job, Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    well i tried to see if the limit was still in place during a professions event and well i cant tell, because there were too many people out during those events doing the same thing i was, trying to get more profession items. farming during the event, unless you do it maybe at midnight, is almost pointless because everyone is out doing it. i dont enjoy farming, but it gives something to do between queues as said but unless you want to buy zen or earn tons of astral diamonds just to buy from the bots that farm stuff up and post it on the AH you have to. ill give it a few days to see if the change is just for this event (which is a slim chance) or cryptic responds with a planned change or some other way to deal with the botters, but if nothing happens i think i may be done. i had hopes for this game at first and i wasnt expecting much since it was going to be free to play but some changes and posts about future content have really put a damper the positives i found in the game.
  • Options
    nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    >legit farmers
  • Options
    murdurus211murdurus211 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can confirm personally that the nerf is still in place; I've been getting only cheap grays after farming for a while.

There's really only so much that I'm willing to put up with before I quit wasting my time playing a game that have clueless devs about the going-ons of the game.
  • Options
    lieolieo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited June 2013
    <--- Legit bot, but face it its easier just consider everyone a bot and make a bot progam to deal with it, only people that will even notice are the bottom dewelling FTP crowd trying too farm to stay in game