test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Skill nodes.

1235»

Comments

• iceybluekitsuneiceybluekitsune Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 83
    edited June 2013
    well im about done, im seeing no changes in the limitations that have been forced on the users for whatever reason cryptic/perfect world has come up with. i will finish my data gathering at the least for the benefit of others but at this point im struggling to gather enough materials just to work on alchemy and the only reason for that is because of this limitation and my desire to do things for myself, not purchase boosters or purchase things the bots or others have farmed up, nor do i want to keep going into my professions tab every 10 mins to get a decent gathering rate.

side note; 6 hours to gather 5 pelts and 5 pine wood is no where near appropriate when they have the 1 of each that takes only 10 if your willing to sit there long enough.
    edited June 2013
    well i have a bit more data, seems like it isnt a blanket 20 nodes per 30 mins but a blanket you can only loot 1 node per minute. if you loot at a faster rate than that and you hit 20 nodes you are then locked out for 10 minutes from your last fully stocked node. i tried to see if i could extend it to 30 minutes but i was starting to have problems with other people farming at the same time (note this was not during a professions event). also to note, killing mobs, looting chests, waiting 2-4 minutes between nodes will not change your count, if you hit more then 20 nodes in 20 minutes.

at this point it is almost more useful to (if your needing low end stuff) go to the tower district, and dont focus on nodes but rather focus on looting the 4 chests in that zone, once you get all 4, swap instances and go again, you will get more vendor trash and possibly more profession items doing that in the same amount of time it would take to go only to one node per minute or loot up a ton of nodes then have to wait for the reset timer.

i still have plenty of data to crunch and zones to test this out but this is just another post to try and help others and also try to get some sort of response on this truly bad decision on an attempt to stop bots or gain money. i would appreciate it if anyone out there willing to go ahead and check my numbers, see what you can find as getting more people on this issue the more chance we will have on getting something done about it. additionally it would also help so that i can finally feel i have done what i can to atleast try to make this game better before i give up on it and move to a more satisfying game to play should cryptic decide they wont do anything more appropriate to combat the bots and spammers.

thanks
  • tahera1tahera1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The count does reset though. Is it after 5 minutes? Or after 10?
    Meaning, you can go loot 19 as fast as you want. Then you have to wait for reset (5 or 10 minutes.)
    Then go loot 19 again as fast as you want again.
    edited June 2013
    tahera1 wrote: »
    The count does reset though. Is it after 5 minutes? Or after 10?
    Meaning, you can go loot 19 as fast as you want. Then you have to wait for reset (5 or 10 minutes.)
    Then go loot 19 again as fast as you want again.

yes the count resets after 10 minutes from your last fully loaded (ie not someone leaving trash or from what i have seen re-looting a node you already hit but moved and closed the window for) node.

you can hit a full 20, but after that if you get more nodes its either because you are going long enough between nodes (maybe 1 minute) or you hit a partially looted node (someone left trash and an enchantment, etc). generally you will know you hit your max once you get 2 copper items (or trash that doesnt equal the value for the zone, ie a 75 copper trash in a normally 6silver trash zone) or 1-2 nodes with only trash on them.
  • kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pinkleet wrote: »
    A moron is what a moron does. If you make a mechanics in your own freaking game that gives you more rewards for farming within 30 min EVERYONE will use that. That is YOUR own mechanics and not exploit.

Than you put a cap on how many nodes you can farm. This has to be a gold star for a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> design in history of MMOS. <Standing ovation> Clap, clap, clap.

Someone please make a youtube video of this so the devs can be the laughing stack of gaming community. They surely deserve it.

Somehow I really get the impression they don't care, they still haven't even bothered to say anything about it.
  • zellexzellex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah I noticed a degradation in the quality of runes for sure... was not sure if it was just me... I have not seen forks or ropes yet but yeah I have noticed playing on my 4th character the drops for runes are about 1/3 of what they used to be. I buy like 30 kits for every skill and hit every node I see... it's a little annoying. Yesterday was really bugging me.... decided I wasn't even going to slot runes on most of my gear unless I had quite a few to spare... haven't seen that happen... the quite a few to spare part that is... oh and yeah it's annoying.
    edited July 2013
    zellex wrote: »
    Yeah I noticed a degradation in the quality of runes for sure... was not sure if it was just me... I have not seen forks or ropes yet but yeah I have noticed playing on my 4th character the drops for runes are about 1/3 of what they used to be. I buy like 30 kits for every skill and hit every node I see... it's a little annoying. Yesterday was really bugging me.... decided I wasn't even going to slot runes on most of my gear unless I had quite a few to spare... haven't seen that happen... the quite a few to spare part that is... oh and yeah it's annoying.

Glad someone else noticed that part too and thats its not just my brain getting older and misjudging it. Sad that for some reason they don't seem to want anyone to have a farming hobby in this game, which has often been my downtime activity in other games. Run around farming mats and chatting with people while I wait for the dungeon group to get online.
    edited July 2013
    well its not only that they dont seem to want people to farm its that they want people to buy profession packs and use the auction house to buy from the bots or their own listings, atleast thats what i am seeing.

the game comes out with this profession event, encouraging you to go out and get profession items with the fact you will get more (and getting more means a better chance you will not only get enchants when you need some sort of profession item), then they implement this limit on how many profession nodes your allowed to loot at all times in all zones. now they put out this new profession which uses massive amounts of low level components which you have to farm up yourself or sit at your computer (either via gateway or the game, sure you could do the bad thing and use scripts to control the gateway but thats not something i would do) and do the same gather materials and extract simple every 10 minutes just to get a decent return.

i also agree it seems that cryptic doesnt care, they want this to go away and im certain in time this thread will be forgotten as people just give in and deal with being limited because no effort wants to be really taken to stop botters and such. its a sad state but not much we can do.

in response to what folks report as not encountering this issue again, if you dont out level the zone then you might be having enough time fighting monsters to keep you from gathering enough (ie 20 in under 20 minutes) to trigger the limit or there may some other factor that i can not determine is effecting limits. even if their is something stopping higher levels from trying to farm low level items then they need to figure a better way of dealing with it, put in instances that drop low level profession items but have high level npcs or something.

as for my data i am getting close to getting my last bits including some info on some chest looting restrictions. ill again repeat my request if anyone is willing to confirm my numbers that would be greatly appreciated and would help others figure out what they can do.
  • zanthe25zanthe25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    When you looted so many nodes in a short time they lock so you can get any more resources just junk.

But does anyone know how long you need to wait for them to unlock again?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    zanthe25 wrote: »
    When you looted so many nodes in a short time they lock so you can get any more resources just junk.

But does anyone know how long you need to wait for them to unlock again?
    . . . . . Just a hunch, but I do believe that if they were to explain how the "lock," as some call it, works, then that would allow botters to circumvent it by planning ahead with whatever means they are using to bot.
  • zanthe25zanthe25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    All these post and still nobody know HOW long we need to wait till the lock is lifted?
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . Just a hunch, but I do believe that if they were to explain how the "lock," as some call it, works, then that would allow botters to circumvent it by planning ahead with whatever means they are using to bot.

Why have this in the first place - all it does is make botters change their blotting characters automatically after X mins anyway. Easy for a botter, not so for an actual person....
    edited July 2013
    as i already said in previous posts, its approximately a flat 20 nodes per 20 minutes, as no one else has confirmed or denied what i have found all i can say is that i am finding is either;

20 minutes after your first looted node your count is reset, regardless of the number of nodes you hit, this makes the most sense and is forcing people to not loot more than one node per minute or you will be locked out at some point.

the other option that it may be is that its you have 20 minutes, if you hit more than 20 nodes in that time frame you will then be locked out for 10 minutes. this is not what i have been encountering more recently however remember, im only one person and seemingly the only one that is testing these numbers.

now, since again i have said this, and we are getting more notice on this expect a patch soon that is going to play with these numbers because cryptic isnt willing to take a more appropriate approach to stopping botters, several have been offered and as i have said i could come up with several. not even wow has had to implement such a "feature" to stop botters. if cryptic is willing to have a discussion on what the community can come up with for more appropriate ways to allow active players to farm and at the same time stop the automatic botters i am certain the community will be willing to list their ideas but thats something cryptic needs to come to the forum and/or thread and say we are listening and would love to hear ideas.

this current "feature" only is hurting the true player. botters are more likely going to have multiple accounts and/or characters and just swap between them when they hit the block number or with the up coming mass gathers the botters may just make hundreds of accounts and just use browser scripts and use the gateway to mass gather all their materials, and sell them on the auction house.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    if cryptic is willing to have a discussion on what the community can come up with for more appropriate ways to allow active players to farm and at the same time stop the automatic botters i am certain the community will be willing to list their ideas but thats something cryptic needs to come to the forum and/or thread and say we are listening and would love to hear ideas.
    . . . . . As a Community Moderator, I can assure you that a constructive topic such as this would be very welcomed and be at the very lest read and taken into consideration as valid feedback. However, I cannot promise any sort of open discussion with the developers in such a thread - but a constructive thread as you describe would positively be welcomed and seen by PWE.
  • o0java0oo0java0o Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I was quite disappointing last night... I spent probably two hours mapping out all the nodes and coming up with the most efficient rout that I could come up with only to find 30min in I was getting garbage. I buy Zen here and there! I contribute to the cause! Then I get slapped in the face with this... There are many other MMOs out there that implement counter measure for botters that don't cripple legitimate hard working players... I understand that botters are a problem I just hope this is a temporary solution to the problem...
    edited July 2013
    o0java0o wrote: »
    I was quite disappointing last night... I spent probably two hours mapping out all the nodes and coming up with the most efficient rout that I could come up with only to find 30min in I was getting garbage. I buy Zen here and there! I contribute to the cause! Then I get slapped in the face with this... There are many other MMOs out there that implement counter measure for botters that don't cripple legitimate hard working players... I understand that botters are a problem I just hope this is a temporary solution to the problem...

so far this has been in place since before the balance patch, its less likely to be a temporary thing and more a giving in to what seemed to be the easiest way to slow down the bots.
    edited July 2013
    So I haven't bothered farming nodes in a while due to this stupid nerf, but the other day I had nothing better to do so I did. When I hit the cap on 1 char I switched to a different char and carried on and came across something strange.

When node farming I also open chests in the area, but when I went to the chests with the 2nd char I found I was not allowed to open them if I had previously opened them with the 1st char. Now I have not done this with multiple chars before so I was wondering is this normal or something new too?
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I think that was part of a patch way back when actually.
    edited July 2013
    kiralia wrote: »
    So I haven't bothered farming nodes in a while due to this stupid nerf, but the other day I had nothing better to do so I did. When I hit the cap on 1 char I switched to a different char and carried on and came across something strange.

When node farming I also open chests in the area, but when I went to the chests with the 2nd char I found I was not allowed to open them if I had previously opened them with the 1st char. Now I have not done this with multiple chars before so I was wondering is this normal or something new too?

i too have pretty much been giving up at this point. im barely playing and while i was looking into chest info i only got a little before i gave up on all the farming. from what i have gathered at this point though is as follows;

it used to be that you could hit about 4 instances and collect all the chests then be locked out. it seems now that you can continue swapping instances and keep looting chests, just dont go back to an instance you already hit or you will be locked out of chests.

for a short time i was noticing i was getting the 2 copper greys in chests but i was still getting money so it was still nice that i wasnt getting completely blocked. but the last time i did chest farming in the tower district either they changed this so it doesnt happen or i was distracted long enough between runs that it was resetting a timer.

if too many people in the zone are hitting up the chests, the chests will lock out for everyone for a period of time. this mostly will happen in higher level zones however.

i only have one character (i mostly enjoy ranged classes and am iffy about healing so a CW is the only class i have played so far) so i cant really say much about your instance of swapping characters but it may be that the lockout of having looted a chest could be account wide. as for a reset timer, no clue, i would suspect something like an hour but i am getting burned out trying to figure things out and getting little response and assistance from any source on these matters.
    edited July 2013
    Here is an Idea after you have farmed for 15min or so you have to do a CAPTCHA to verify you are human. I was going to post that as a joke but it's actually a good Idea as long as it only pops up every 15 minutes or so... Maybe some kind of event that requires some kind of thinking skills.
  • druericdrueric Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ignore all the whining devs. You did the right thing.
  • druericdrueric Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    o0java0o wrote: »

Such drama... who is crippled? Im a legit player and I am completely fine with this. And no, there isnt any MMO that does that.
    edited July 2013
    Congrats...