test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cleric healing broken since new patch?

mackehmackeh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Did the last patch break Cleric healing and circles? I just ran a CN with a regular group I go with, and the Clerics could barely keep people up, compared to yesterday when it was a million miles smoother. I read the patch notes, and know the changes etc, but in practise are other people finding that Clerics can't manage? Or have these incredibly good, and well-geared people I've been playing with for over a month suddenly become the worst players in history (which would be highly unlikely), or is it just 'that' much of a switch-up?
Post edited by mackeh on

Comments

• Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Nope.... not according to them.

Basically what you need is one person in the group (GF or GWF) specced to draw agro, preferably GF tank. Just my impression so far.
  • Options
    mackehmackeh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nope.... not according to them.

Basically what you need is one person in the group (GF or GWF) specced to draw agro, preferably GF tank. Just my impression so far.

That must be it then .. thanks.
  • Options
    sicktir3dsicktir3d Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    you cant stack astral shield anymore and it has a downtime, so you have to do smaller pulls. You cant cleanse recently killed debuff anymore, and cleanse is also nerfed hard, so you cant die anymore but you take more damage. Also clerics need to use more healing abilities so they cant dps as well making fights longer and harder.
  • Options
    shelendilshelendil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They reduced the cleric's ability to turn everyone into a tank. That and the aggro changes for GF/GWF are designed to make sure you bring a tank now. Until CW/TR figure this out, they're going to be dead a lot.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    shelendil wrote: »
    They reduced the cleric's ability to turn everyone into a tank. That and the aggro changes for GF/GWF are designed to make sure you bring a tank now. Until CW/TR figure this out, they're going to be dead a lot.

Indeed .. and my main is a CW, which prompted my question hehe :P
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited June 2013
    shelendil wrote: »

Pretty much this, and it's hilarious to see in PUGs.
  • Options
    shelendilshelendil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, I think CW are the ones having the hardest time with the changes. Before patch, a wizard's best friend was astral shield. After the patch a wizard's best friend is a tanky GWF.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    It certainly takes some getting used to as Astral Shield was being over-relied on.

Not to say I don't think Astral Shield should last just a little bit longer but it did need to happen to stop clerics from making every class a tank.

With that said you're going to see a much larger demand for Guardian Fighters (who can now properly manage threat) and Great Weapon Fighters who can really assist in the clearing of trash mobs.

Clerics will have to be a bit more thoughtful on how to keep players up. Before Astral Shield I used Astral Seal as my main way to keep parties alive and I found it orks just as well in end game content. My only issue is targeting can be a true pain in the rear but if clerics can keep a few enemies marked by Astral Seal due to the threat changes it shouldn't be overly hard to keep allies alive.

I haven't had much time to try the end game content but it worked in some of the easier epic dungeons.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    It certainly takes some getting used to as Astral Shield was being over-relied on.

Not to say I don't think Astral Shield should last just a little bit longer but it did need to happen to stop clerics from making every class a tank.

With that said you're going to see a much larger demand for Guardian Fighters (who can now properly manage threat) and Great Weapon Fighters who can really assist in the clearing of trash mobs.

Clerics will have to be a bit more thoughtful on how to keep players up. Before Astral Shield I used Astral Seal as my main way to keep parties alive and I found it orks just as well in end game content. My only issue is targeting can be a true pain in the rear but if clerics can keep a few enemies marked by Astral Seal due to the threat changes it shouldn't be overly hard to keep allies alive.

I haven't had much time to try the end game content but it worked in some of the easier epic dungeons.

Yes, I can see the logic in it now. I will cheer up the main healer in my guild with this insight, and perhaps dust off my GF to get us through epic dungeons from now on. Thanks for the comment.
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For all I care they can completely removing the stupid ****ing Astral Shield. Get rid of Righteousness, done.....
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I think you need to get a LOT more experience on your DC before you can make give any meaningful endgame advice. For example, try consistently painting trash to proc Seal heals in CN's Dracolith fight - not going to happen.

For those who have not run CN yet, for DC it is an order of magnitude more hectic than the final phase of the T2 Epic Spellplague endboss encounter, except you have to keep that up for XX minutes...
  • Options
    alaazxxcalaazxxc Member Posts: 33
    edited June 2013
    as CW after the patch things just sucks , cleric cant keep party members alive and i die so fast if there no tank in the group i am sitting on 12k gear score and i still find it hard to stay alive , thus i just have to spam pots and try to do my best (maybe that was the whole point to force the need of scroll of mass life which is bought by zen)
    and these new class changes can work when you get used to it
    HOWEVER in CN its different i had to run double cleric before patch in order to survive and now its really hard (talking about CN only here )
    ok tanks can aggro now but the fight takes a longer time and adds hit hard in CN if you get hit one time you have to use pots which is a pain in the ***
    now CN run = 100 pots like really ? and still i cant see how gwf is usefull even after the CW NERF still CW can handle adds way better than gwf
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    For example, try consistently painting trash to proc Seal heals in CN's Dracolith fight - not going to happen.

For those who have not run CN yet, for DC it is an order of magnitude more hectic than the final phase of the T2 Epic Spellplague endboss encounter, except you have to keep that up for XX minutes...

For sure. This is what the healer from my guild was saying about Dracolith, prompting the question in the title of the thread. Were you running with a tank, or the usual set-up for CN?
  • Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've always used Astral Seal. So who is using what instead of Astral Shield now? I don't see why they don't jsut remove the power and give us another heal if it's that worthless now.
  • Options
    mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It feels like some mobs hit harder or I'm taking more damage, even as a GWF.

Those lava creatures that summon 3x red circles that explode and leave lava in Karru... I no joke had full 29k health, yet two of those circles on top of each other literally instagibbed me, because I didn't have AS under me or Unstoppable on me. They have NEVER done that before.
  • Options
    alaazxxcalaazxxc Member Posts: 33
    edited June 2013

Those lava creatures that summon 3x red circles that explode and leave lava in Karru... I no joke had full 29k health, yet two of those circles on top of each other literally instagibbed me, because I didn't have AS under me or Unstoppable on me. They have NEVER done that before.
    in fact these adds are op as hell , they do more damage with this x3 red circles than the last boss
  • Options
    faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    alaazxxc wrote: »
    as CW after the patch things just sucks , cleric cant keep party members alive and i die so fast if there no tank in the group i am sitting on 12k gear score and i still find it hard to stay alive , thus i just have to spam pots and try to do my best (maybe that was the whole point to force the need of scroll of mass life which is bought by zen)
    and these new class changes can work when you get used to it
    HOWEVER in CN its different i had to run double cleric before patch in order to survive and now its really hard (talking about CN only here )
    ok tanks can aggro now but the fight takes a longer time and adds hit hard in CN if you get hit one time you have to use pots which is a pain in the ***
    now CN run = 100 pots like really ? and still i cant see how gwf is usefull even after the CW NERF still CW can handle adds way better than gwf

Welcome to a clerics world. Now clerics aren't the only ones who need to use potions. Learn to dodge that red, my CW has hasn't even notice the change and is doing just as well as before.

The Astral shield nerf was a much needed one however I feel the other healing spells need a buff. Astral shield is still the best healing spell, the other one don't even come close to matching it. Please make our other healing spells useful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited June 2013

LoL, Astral Shield doesn't stack anymore, but mobs red circles stack 3x or more still? No wonder we were able to survive them before. Too bad, once we figure out another way to stay alive, they'll probably nerf that too, ha!
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    I think you need to get a LOT more experience on your DC before you can make give any meaningful endgame advice. For example, try consistently painting trash to proc Seal heals in CN's Dracolith fight - not going to happen.

As I said it worked for me in the low tier dungeon *tonight.*
    I put that in because I know it wouldn't work in quite a few fights where trash mobs are cleared quickly or by tossing. But it helps in general combat and in many of the lower tiers. ;)
  • Options
    demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Since Patch have done,

karrundax Was DC
    Spider Was GF
    Pirate's Was GWF
    Mad dragon was TR
    Spell plague was CW
    and Never was GF

All cleared fully, with 1 DC 1 GF 1 CW 1TR and 1 GWF (as each group build)

AS nerfed, yes broken no amazingly you have Other heals (who knew!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oceanic Neverwinter guild http://19thbattalion.com/home
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • Options
    shod24shod24 Member Posts: 33
    edited June 2013

If you are talking about cragmyre and cloack tower, that dungeons dont measure anything, but I ve had not time to prub changes in pve with the dc yet, so i m not gonna talk about that, but i ll do it about pvp.

DC in pvp now is useless. Well, maybe not useless, but really more weaks, Maybe pvp is more attractive without astral shield, but why we have to pay with our survivality?

You can not help your partners cause even you cant help yourself anymore, we did not born with divine power, you know?, When we create divine power and we put the shield, we can not be static in the same place cause pull us away, prone us, stun, etc, so we can not get divine power of easy way. Now, we are 5 seconds without astral shield, do you know how many times needs any class to kill us without the shield?In 5 secs a CW kill us 2 times.

For when the nerf for CW s Stamina? Nerf for rogue, nerf for dc, and i read you that is for people takes gf and gwf...I dont have gwf, so i dont say nothing, but I have a GF, and is a beast, with only 9,6 gs, a truly beast, all time me enemy is prone, how in the name of the gods someone can say that gf is a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>? the troubles of gf are(or were, we ll see) in pve with the agro, no in pvp. By the way, there are not better class than a gf for bitter the life of one DC.

But whatever, good patch.
  • Options
    cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Once clerics learn not to throw all their heals up at once, they will be better off
    Ashield..wait until it disappears
    Forgemasters...
    Ashield again

keep up astral shields, sunburst on CD.

Win
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    wel, here goes the list:
    1. righteousness is already lessen the cleric self healing to -40%, this is already there since day 1
    2. cleanse most usefulness is to remove all debuff includes "revive sickness" debuff, exploit? i dont think so, because cleric here dont have resurrection-like skill so this more likely to be it. but, the dev see it as a bug and OP, so instead of removing 1 of 2 usefulness they remove all, even they added extra "20 sec per use"
    3. since already got #1 so most cleric rely on damage reduction, which can be acquire through so many skill and feat, and the most powerful is AS, why? I said it many times, cause this skill consist of 3 things: stacking, regenerate, and long uptime. and again the dev saw this as "bug", like the cleanse, instead removing 3 they remove all. no stacking, healing is not regenerate so cleric #1 is on effect, and uptime reduce
    4. cleric best part is because the power skil can be amplify through Divinity, and good thing is there more then 1 way to gain the point. but, again, the dev saw this as "bug" too, they fix it so cleric wont gain too many divinity

call it whine, or whatever, that is what happen like it or not
  • Options
    saucyshortcakesaucyshortcake Member Posts: 44
    edited June 2013
    It's funny seeing all the bad clerics unable to heal now that the crutch that made the game set to Ultra Easy was fixed.

It's even funnier seeing all the clerics who are good still able to heal just fine as if there wasn't even a patch.

If you play a cleric and this patch affected you at all, you're just a ****ty player who should quit trying and go get a construction job somewhere because that's all you will ever be good at.
  • Options
    milyamilya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey everyone,
    I Main a DC for my Guild and main character on ther server Mindflayer "Healz"

Anyways,
    Here is the things people are not seeing. Astral Shield is HUGE... but its not everything for a healer... why make a class with one MAIN move.

I agree, the nerf was need but the cooldown could be increased by a second or two.

I've Cleared SP, Karr and CN today with this new patch and nothing hard was about...we had a good GF that was ready to play and he did well. This is how the game should of been when it came out. I hardly had ads on me and I never went down because of that and the GF doing his job.

The things Id would rather see is having all the other healing moves increased. Healing word, Sunburst, Bastion of Health. These are all usefully but I feel that they are weak still.
    *Healing word Id love to see a big increase because who doesnt want their tank to take all the dmg and give him a nice DoT heal. Sunburst and amazing but I feel the heal is just lacking. Bastion of health...well what more to say...its a long cast without divine...long CD.. this just needs to heal for a lot more all in all.

GJ Cryptic and NW for this patch just tweek it a little and everything will be just fine.
  • Options
    daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I love to play a healer, but I am not sure I want to continue playing a cleric..which was the main reason I was so excited about this game. If I wanted to stand around in a dead city and work the auction house/currency, I'd play GW.
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    cesmode8 wrote: »
    Once clerics learn not to throw all their heals up at once, they will be better off
    Ashield..wait until it disappears
    Forgemasters...
    Ashield again

keep up astral shields, sunburst on CD.

Win
    So what you're saying is "run a fixed encounter bar at all times".

Yay variety!

At least before the patch we had ONE free slot (sunburst and AS were still essential), so we could actually have some fun with something different.
  • Options
    lsouleaterlsouleater Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Since Patch have done,

karrundax Was DC
    Spider Was GF
    Pirate's Was GWF
    Mad dragon was TR
    Spell plague was CW
    and Never was GF

All cleared fully, with 1 DC 1 GF 1 CW 1TR and 1 GWF (as each group build)

AS nerfed, yes broken no amazingly you have Other heals (who knew!)

Vid or never happened ;) i'm the one who must see to believe ;)
  • Options
    tkwan1tkwan1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's funny seeing all the bad clerics unable to heal now that the crutch that made the game set to Ultra Easy was fixed.

It's even funnier seeing all the clerics who are good still able to heal just fine as if there wasn't even a patch.

If you play a cleric and this patch affected you at all, you're just a ****ty player who should quit trying and go get a construction job somewhere because that's all you will ever be good at.

Yep, you're not a ******bag at all. :rolleyes:

Clerics jobs in pvp just got impossible. I run with guildies and the cleric just gets focused now. There's no way they can stay up. The AS nerf is bogus and shouldn't have been as extreme.

I'm going to give this game a few days after launch. If I'm not impressed, then back to TERA I go. At least I feel like my classes are useful there.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited June 2013
    lsouleater wrote: »
    Vid or never happened ;) i'm the one who must see to believe ;)

My guild has kill vids of all these bosses with 1 of each class before patch. incoming vids for new patch soon. faded ones on twitch.