test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cleric healing broken since new patch?

Comments

• Options
    mackehmackeh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You would think with the radical changes they made in this nerf patch they (the developer) would have been at least considerate enough to give us a free respec as at minimal to perhaps change our builds to match.

They did mate .. a free one.
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    Use Glow for your third encounter to weaken enemies at the same time.

You should never use Divine Glow or encourage other DCs to use it because it actually reduces the amount of damage you and your allies do. It is a great spell on paper, and probably the quickest (by that I mean safest) kiting Divinity builder, but that bug kills it.

Like many (maybe most) aoe mitigation reduction spells in the game, they are bugged. The worst ones actually debuff you and your allies standing near instead! Until they fix all the aoe mitigation reduction spells, and especially after the Cleric nerfs, they are best avoided.

This is one of the reasons why you'll very rarely find a DC that uses it in T2's.

Divine Glow is to DC's what the Nightmare Wizardry feat is to CW's: amazing good but just as impressively broken.
  • Options
    nwroguenwrogue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    You should never use Divine Glow or encourage other DCs to use it because it actually reduces the amount of damage you and your allies do. It is a great spell on paper, and probably the quickest (by that I mean safest) kiting Divinity builder, but that bug kills it.

Like many (maybe most) aoe mitigation reduction spells in the game, they are bugged. The worst ones actually debuff you and your allies standing near instead! Until they fix all the aoe mitigation reduction spells, and especially after the Cleric nerfs, they are best avoided.

This is one of the reasons why you'll very rarely find a DC that uses it in T2's.

Divine Glow is to DC's what the Nightmare Wizardry feat is to CWs, amazing good but just as impressively broken.

Except we're talking post patch, in which Divine Glow was fixed in. lol
    Milla Jovovich(Rogue)/Tilda Swinton(Cleric) - Guild Leader of CatAssTrophy on Beholder
  • Options
    bardstale001bardstale001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18
    edited June 2013
    They'll delete my post for saying "it was an F'you to us" but they will allow your flaming (and your masturbatory self back patting).
    Yea, your the one GOOD CLERIC around apparently that's what your saying?

For rest of us less narcissistic and reality centered, It's not just the skill/ability nerf it's this new death timer thing.
    You forget or just choose to ignore, that unless you choose to be in a guild (and find a good one) you are stuck with PUG groups that are more times then not just terrible. Furthermore more often then not, two or three will leave and you have to start over even.
    Anyhow since these people often have no clue they will not know to control groups of MOBs, and thus as clerics with our AOE skills we'll quickly die and often just as before.
    With this death thing in such groups it's party over and a lot more repair kits at 4 gold a stack.

They IMHO pulled a "Raph Koster" on us, not giving the changes enough consideration, test, nor balance before they haphazardly put it out.
    deacon777 wrote: »
    Clerics that can play their class probably love the changes. Because it means we dont have to spend all our time kiting and can oh I dont know HEAL MAYBE?

Bad clerics that now have their easy AS crutch slightly nerfed are claiming its the end of the world because now they cant rely on their one single button push to make anyone an instant tank.

Same **** different day.

You have people who are competent (laughable since this game is so easy to begin with) and those that struggle, no competent healer is mad at these changes. I can say that nothing really has changed in the way I personally play my cleric other than its less of a hectic affair as im not tanking AND healing anymore.

People need to L2P imo.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    mackeh wrote: »
    They did mate .. a free one.

Thanks, didn't get that.
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nwrogue wrote: »
    Except we're talking post patch, in which Divine Glow was fixed in. lol

Ah, good to hear. I have not done my own testing since the latest patch.
  • Options
    leillannaleillanna Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As both a lvl 60 cleric and a lvl 60 GF player the changes are fine. My issue has been running into a whole slew of very very bad Guardian Fighters who still either aren't built for or use no threat skills. Enforced threat isn't being used. I know enhanced mark isn't being slotted. How do I know you ask? BECAUSE I'M STILL GETTING AGRO ON MY CLERIC!!!! When I run my GF the cleric has no worries!! These Guardian Fighters are not tanks, they are second rate, sub optimal dps and I call BS on all of you. You can still spec in conquerer and *tank* ya know. GF's bring one fabulous thing to a group now. Threat/Control of adds. If you still insist on herpa derp dpsing, please just go pvp.
    /rant
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Eilistraee zhal zuch tlu wun ussta xukuth.
  • Options
    deacon777deacon777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They'll delete my post for saying "it was an F'you to us" but they will allow your flaming (and your masturbatory self back patting).
    Yea, your the one GOOD CLERIC around apparently that's what your saying?

For rest of us less narcissistic and reality centered, It's not just the skill/ability nerf it's this new death timer thing.
    You forget or just choose to ignore, that unless you choose to be in a guild (and find a good one) you are stuck with PUG groups that are more times then not just terrible. Furthermore more often then not, two or three will leave and you have to start over even.
    Anyhow since these people often have no clue they will not know to control groups of MOBs, and thus as clerics with our AOE skills we'll quickly die and often just as before.
    With this death thing in such groups it's party over and a lot more repair kits at 4 gold a stack.

They IMHO pulled a "Raph Koster" on us, not giving the changes enough consideration, test, nor balance before they haphazardly put it out.

Awww, don't be mad.

The changes they made to clerics are honestly so small, if it in your opinion "broke" clerics then you are bad. I dont know how to sugarcoat that. Honestly, the AS nerf is so small its almost a non issue.

*edit*

I dont know about the death timer. Sorry to continue my self back patting or whatnot but I havent had a group wipe yet. Have had a couple of people go down but not completely out.

And no, I know plenty of clerics that really dont have any problems with whats happened to our class. Its just a vocal group that either cant play or havent even tried healing since the patch.

Nothings wrong with our class. Nothing. I havent changed any skills out. I havent changed rotations. Nothing. I am playing the exact same way I was playing before the patch and the only thing thats changed is that I now have more breathing room from the aggro issue.

*shrug*

Reroll or quit imo. If you guys cant hack it without AS being up all the time then .... wow. I dont really know what to tell you.
  • Options
    uri92uri92 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can anyone give me ONE single reason why Healing Word shouldn't be affected by Recovery ?
    Currently, it's not.

Fix please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - DRAGON - ( Mehrea DC 13.1k ) - ( Volsung TR 11.7k )
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited June 2013
    Awww, don't be mad.

The changes they made to clerics are honestly so small, if it in your opinion "broke" clerics then you are bad. I dont know how to sugarcoat that. Honestly, the AS nerf is so small its almost a non issue.

Pretty much this.

Every dungeon in the game had already been cleared with balanced, 1 cleric teams (1 of each class). My guild (faded ones) has kills vids up for all the t2 bosses pre-patch on twitch and has post-patch vids coming in fast. Single cleric parties are almost totally unaffected by the AS "nerf," - it's really not a nerf at all. It was a fix.

Nonetheless, a lot of people really will quit since their easy mode button is gone rather than figure out a new strategy.
  • Options
    eqballzzeqballzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I played my cleric in a couple dungeons last night including the Pirate boss. Everything up to the boss was pretty straight forward. You do have to change your priorities a bit now but alternating AS with FF does work most of the time. The boss took a bit of adjustment. We had two wipes to start with but made some alterations and our third attempt went really smooth. Properly controlling the adds is key.

I like the changes as it makes all classes viable now and I don't spend all my time running for my life from adds. The biggest problem now is keeping up divinity because now you have to keep using divine mode of FF + AS which really taxes divinity gain. I used to use FF in normal mode for extra DPS and divinity gain and only use the healing version on occasion in an emergency or when someone was away from AS. Keeping divinity up is much harder now. The other problem which is sort of related is we need our other healing abilities buffed somewhat. HW or Bastion need to be improved because they sort of suck. The amount of healing Bastion does for the CD it has is laughable. If the CD was cut in half and the heal boosted a bit it would be the perfect gap filler for AS on tougher fights but not even required on lesser fights (maintaining some variety/flexibility depending on fight).

All that being said I'm sure the harder T2 dungeons like CN or Spellplague are much rougher. The need for a better gap filler between AS is likely much greater in those dungeons. I haven't tried PVP yet but have little desire to. Solo cleric in PVP was already painful and with these changes now I have no desire to just get mowed down that much faster. I doubt you will see many DC in PVP anymore. Nerfed heals with a huge self heal debuff = fail in PVP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    deacon777deacon777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    eqballzz wrote: »
    I played my cleric in a couple dungeons last night including the Pirate boss. Everything up to the boss was pretty straight forward. You do have to change your priorities a bit now but alternating AS with FF does work most of the time. The boss took a bit of adjustment. We had two wipes to start with but made some alterations and our third attempt went really smooth. Properly controlling the adds is key.

I like the changes as it makes all classes viable now and I don't spend all my time running for my life from adds. The biggest problem now is keeping up divinity because now you have to keep using divine mode of FF + AS which really taxes divinity gain. I used to use FF in normal mode for extra DPS and divinity gain and only use the healing version on occasion in an emergency or when someone was away from AS. Keeping divinity up is much harder now. The other problem which is sort of related is we need our other healing abilities buffed somewhat. HW or Bastion need to be improved because they sort of suck. The amount of healing Bastion does for the CD it has is laughable. If the CD was cut in half and the heal boosted a bit it would be the perfect gap filler for AS on tougher fights but not even required on lesser fights (maintaining some variety/flexibility depending on fight).

All that being said I'm sure the harder T2 dungeons like CN or Spellplague are much rougher. The need for a better gap filler between AS is likely much greater in those dungeons. I haven't tried PVP yet but have little desire to. Solo cleric in PVP was already painful and with these changes now I have no desire to just get mowed down that much faster. I doubt you will see many DC in PVP anymore. Nerfed heals with a huge self heal debuff = fail in PVP.

A small tip? AS and FF are fine for firing off divinity heals, but utilize a third skill to heal (non divinity) to get your meter up and spam the everliving <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of astral seal. Everything moving should be marked with astral seal. If everythings marked, start attacking to build your divinity.

You dont have to kite anymore, so now you can root yourself and pew pew all the things. pew + pew = divinity
  • Options
    healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I made a similar thread.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?349641-Oh-god-Devoted-Clerics-aren-t-even-a-real-class-anymore!-LOL

You're right... DC's are all re-rolling. It's not that they're crying over astral shield. It's that they aren't even healers, they have nothing but the shield pretty much for group heals and defense reduction and now its off for 6 seconds. Not to mention righteousness. Might as well put "-40% defense when fighting any other class" on a GF.
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nope no changes here. CW using shield I can blast away on very VERY large groups and not die as long as I dodge some.
    very very easy, noticed no changes with healing.

ohhh, I never ran 2 DC cheese AS groups before though. l2p
  • Options
    mhblis1mhblis1 Member Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The big problem was they aimed for this playstyle at release and got it wrong. It has taken them too long to get it to where they want it that the players suddenly find this a whole new game. Had they just fixed stacking almost right off the bat everyone would actually have learnt this new heal yourself co-op style of play.
  • Options
    eqballzzeqballzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A small tip? AS and FF are fine for firing off divinity heals, but utilize a third skill to heal (non divinity) to get your meter up and spam the everliving <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of astral seal. Everything moving should be marked with astral seal. If everythings marked, start attacking to build your divinity.

You dont have to kite anymore, so now you can root yourself and pew pew all the things. pew + pew = divinity

I sort of left it out but yes I'm spamming SB when it's up and applying seal to as many targets as I can. You get more divinity from offensive at-wills like sacred flame so if you spend too much time applying seals you lose potential divinity gain from spamming sacred flame. I'm also alternating between Hallowed Ground if people are taking a lot of dmg and Flame Strike for added DPS if not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    troljtrolj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    kozaliza wrote: »
    My point of view as a DC ... AS nerf was needed as hell. Everything was too easy, stay in permanent circle, dont bother with dodging ground attacks and you will have full hp all the time. Yesterday, i was with two different groups in epic dungeons ... first with skilled ppls, who knows how to dodge attacks, helping me a lot to keep them alive (even with nerfed AS). Second group with band of morrons, which was just standing on one place all the time, dont bother to dodge just one ground attack ... they was dead all the time and was asking stupid questions: what is with cleric? So maybe its other classes, who needs learn to play with new patch, not clerics ;)

EDIT: btw big thanks to Cryptic, that im now pure cleric, not strange mix of tank and cleric as before patch ;)

Do you know why they didnt dodge? Its not because AS was "OMFG look at me im a TANK", its due to you having all the agro, whatever was left ( which in my case were two/four mobs) could be LOLed at. It could never keep anyone alive who was not a tank (cough GF/GWF) and had more then five or six mobs on them, never. They would have been forced to dodge / run once that happened. Thats exactly what they do now, so thank the agro fix for that.
  • Options
    lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As a level 60 cleric, I'm happy with the changes. But I have yet to try them in a group setting. In solo play I find that my tank companion lasts a LOT longer.

When I knew the changes were going to hit I made sure to "train" myself to be a lot LESS reliant on Astral Shield. Now I use it in combination with Divine Glow on solo play (the Divine Focused versions mostly, but normal versions work fine).
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    eqballzz wrote: »
    I sort of left it out but yes I'm spamming SB when it's up and applying seal to as many targets as I can. You get more divinity from offensive at-wills like sacred flame so if you spend too much time applying seals you lose potential divinity gain from spamming sacred flame. I'm also alternating between Hallowed Ground if people are taking a lot of dmg and Flame Strike for added DPS if not.

I tried using sacred flame as this isn't the first time Ive heard it gives you better divinity gains than your other at wills. Didnt see any significant returns on sacred flame to be honest. Ill give it another shot tonight and see what if anythings changed. Thanks for the tip! :D
  • Options
    healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    Pretty much this.

Every dungeon in the game had already been cleared with balanced, 1 cleric teams (1 of each class). My guild (faded ones) has kills vids up for all the t2 bosses pre-patch on twitch and has post-patch vids coming in fast. Single cleric parties are almost totally unaffected by the AS "nerf," - it's really not a nerf at all. It was a fix.

Nonetheless, a lot of people really will quit since their easy mode button is gone rather than figure out a new strategy.
    Yeah okay, you know nothing,

Deacon you have no idea what you're talking about. The nerf was terrible. If they took off the stacking it would be fine. The duration is 6 seconds, why not 3 after its been used? Way too long. I can heal pretty much better than anyone I've seen and have 13k + GS and still think this is a horrible nerf. WAy too many bugs in dungeons for this nerf anyway.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I was already doing this. I try to put AS on everything, it makes a world of difference.
    Anyone who reads the Cleric guides (like I have done) already knows this.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    healsareop wrote: »

Deacon you have no idea what you're talking about. The nerf was terrible. If they took off the stacking it would be fine. The duration is 6 seconds, why not 3 after its been used? Way too long. I can heal pretty much better than anyone I've seen and have 13k + GS and still think this is a horrible nerf. WAy too many bugs in dungeons for this nerf anyway.

If trolling. 10/10. Bravo sir.

If not trolling, LOL.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    It's pointless, the "Deacon of trolling" is going to stand around in the forum telling everyone they suck for communicating about the nerf.
    It makes him feel strong somehow.
    healsareop wrote: »

• Options
    edited June 2013
    AS was very powerful, a nerf was legitimate but WE NEED SOME OTHER GOOD POWERS.

For god's sake, make Healing Word benefits from Recovery ffs...
    And lower Bastion of Health CD to make it viable instead of lolz...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    It's pointless, the "Deacon of trolling" is going to stand around in the forum telling everyone they suck for communicating about the nerf.
    It makes him feel strong somehow.

Q_Q

Im just flabbergasted that theres this much issue with whats been done with clerics. I thought you all were just trolling, but there are SO MANY of you guys complaining.

Are there really that many players who are just giving up without trying to tailor their gameplay to these new changes?

The reed that doesn't bend in the wind breaks. So, keep on keeping on I suppose.

I find this all super humorous.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Now (people with some sense, not the scrub trolls) it makes some sense after reading around about the other class changes and their positions on it.

Dear developer,
    The point is, no one likes sudden drastic changes in the game. It's not nearly as bad as I've seen in say WOW, SWG, etc., but regardless it has the same effect. And in particular when there are a lot of bugs and broken things, it makes less sense to fix things that were less "broke".

What simply could have been done is some kind of communication!
    It could have eased things at least.
    You could have sent us all an email message giving us some heads up on the big changes. To expect some big changes, expect to change your build, there will be class position changes, etc.
    And make it personal and less robotic.
    I would have rather seen that then the one message I did get that was about 15% zen bonus if I paid more.

If you want respect and consideration of your players, respect and consider them too.
  • Options
    troljtrolj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    Bad clerics that now have their easy AS crutch slightly nerfed are claiming its the end of the world because now they cant rely on their one single button push to make anyone an instant tank.

It never made anyone an instant tank i should know that - i was familiar with adds up close and personal. If you think clerics pre patch that could solo heal and deal with adds are bad compared to clerics that given a good tank will stand back and have the luxury to pick in the nose while they afk DPS and sometimes toss Healing Word. You are delusional.
    You have people who are competent (laughable since this game is so easy to begin with) and those that struggle, no competent healer is mad at these changes. I can say that nothing really has changed in the way I personally play my cleric other than its less of a hectic affair as im not tanking AND healing anymore.

People need to L2P imo.

Sight, i wrote it in countless threads and will one more time. Static groups with competent tanks and crowd controllers will not even notice the downtime much. Geared up players too most likely. Its the PUGs that will suffer ultimately and no not every one can get a static group or guild. AS gave people like me who PUG a chance to finish off the dungeon. It was not 100% fool proof skill. Yes stacking needed to go, i agree. No i do not think the end game content should be easy on pugs ( it never was - every second pug i was in would not make it past second boss in some T2). We were already penalised for that with gold, i went anywhere from 30 to 70 potions and was forced to farm I am alright with that since this is end content and people want their challenge and i dont have the time to devote to good group. But why should i be punished beyond that ? Casual players are a sizable part of community. Why should we be cut off from all end game content like that since new guild content is 100 % closed to us. Its guilds with well organized teams and team speak that will rule there.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I tried using sacred flame as this isn't the first time Ive heard it gives you better divinity gains than your other at wills. Didnt see any significant returns on sacred flame to be honest. Ill give it another shot tonight and see what if anythings changed. Thanks for the tip! :D

Not sure if it gives better divinity than *other* at-wills so much as Astral Seal doesn't give very much. I think Astral Seal is lower because it's providing a heal? Not sure. From what I understand the at-will DoT (forget the name) gives the most divinity. The other benefit of Sacred Flame is the temporary hitpoints it adds. Not huge but it helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Are there really that many players who are just giving up without trying to tailor their gameplay to these new changes?

Please consider that no other power is capable of healing correctly. If you want to adapt, then you need tools to do it. Are you saying that we should heal with Bastion of health and its 20sec CD ? Or with Healing Word and its 15sec whereas Recevory doesn't affect it ? What other heal do we have ? Yea, Forgemaster Flame, that's all. Requires Divinity, situationnal cause need Elite enemy, and need an enemy near the person needing heals, but you know when people get hurt and are low life, they run from the enemy attacking them, they don't hug him. Logic...

Before you tell people to adapt, consider that they don't have the tools for it, otherwise they would never have relied ONLY on AS at first place.
    The only thing we can do now is use FF when AS is down, there is no variety at all, 3 powers are mandatory because other powers are very underpowered (except HW which only needs to be affected by recovery to become viable).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    trolj wrote: »
    Its the PUGs that will suffer ultimately and no not every one can get a static group or guild..
    What I was saying too. It's where the nerf is most noticeable.
    I was on the fence about the game not sure if I wanted to commit to a guild and just play more causally.

The changes make it almost a must now to join a decent guild (was this intended I wonder?).

But then again the average PUG is, lets be honest, pure <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Where typically one to three members will just suddenly drop out for no apparent reason, with out notice. They'll have no clue how to play, and, or, have a dumb attitude where the clearly don't want to learn and improve.