test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Maintenance - 06/13/13 (Look here for slow launcher patching)

Comments

• Options
    jelleh21jelleh21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rasmusep wrote: »
    Well I guess you can excuse them, this being a major patch, no pre-patching was done, and also them being a new and inexperienced develop.. o wait. Nevermind.

I realise this post was in jest, but you're wrong in that there was no pre patching, because there was. You just couldn't pre patch all of it.
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sweet now it hiccuped and restarted all over...

Neverwinter more liek Neverpatches
  • Options
    torulv1torulv1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    totaly lost connection to server now... well... didnt want this game anyways... o7
  • Options
    doaxiradoaxira Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    derressh wrote: »
    Wonder how long it will take before people start realizing they're not actually starting over each time it closes.

? I am. The first 2.5GB/3GB came down no problem. After that there was 450ish MB remaining. I get 10-12% into that before i lose connection and it does start over at that exact amount every time. it has fully restarted now on me 4-5 times. There is zero progress being made forward.
  • Options
    selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
    edited June 2013
    Cant even get past the update launcher
  • Options
    redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jelleh21 wrote: »
    I realise this post was in jest, but you're wrong in that there was no pre patching, because there was. You just couldn't pre patch all of it.

That was his point.

We pre-patched to avoid just this kind of shambles.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • Options
    hauntedman29hauntedman29 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I patching 3 other online game and never had problem with them so not my internet :)
  • Options
    amdusiasiamdusiasi Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    now I get this message saying: connecting what in the hell is going on you fools. these people want to play the goddam game
  • Options
    rasmuseprasmusep Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 53
    edited June 2013
    jelleh21 wrote: »

Yea it was in jest. I even dl something like 1.5 gb earlier this week, which the game does seem to recognize, the problem is just that even with all that pre patching the dl/launcher is not functioning, which is what I am aiming at.
  • Options
    thestoryteller01thestoryteller01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can't even get the launcher to run :(
    In case you find my grammar or spelling weird ---> native german speaker ;)
  • Options
    jelleh21jelleh21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That was his point.

We pre-patched to avoid just this kind of shambles.

All The Best

Ah, I see now. That one flew right over my head.
  • Options
    moz81moz81 Member Posts: 34
    edited June 2013
    Ok. Done. Took me 2.5 hrs. Hehe.

Good Luck, people!
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is because so many players are patching currently. We're working to improve speeds.

I can't even get the launcher to work for Champions Online. Not a great idea to tie all this together.
  • Options
    maurezmo1maurezmo1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    just waiting :D
  • Options
    rood4everrood4ever Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    OK nothing is gonna happen today/tonight for the EU, too bad that Rift is also undergoing maintenance and has quite some disconnect issues. **** now I'm gonna lose a Celestial coin, what is the world coming too :D
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    You know I never thought I'd be using Turbine/LotRO as a positive example of launching a patch, but compared to this they are.

All The Best

• Options
    elahndraelahndra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "Please check your internet connection" Sure right after you bossman
  • Options
    mvidarkmvidark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    fully patched and then it restarted itself and got stuck on 'Connecting..''
  • Options
    uggsmashuggsmash Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 68
    edited June 2013
    azmoran11 wrote: »
    Welp, now I just got a script error trying to open the launcher. There are Ebeetles in your servers.

56%, reset itself, 33%, reset itself, 2%, crash. Now launcer just has "connection problems" and won't even get to the patching.
  • Options
    doktorvonwerdoktorvonwer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can't connect to patch server -.-

Wouldn't mind, I'm fully patched and was playing an hour ago, seems they accidentally the whole thing in the meantime...
  • Options
    jagoritannajagoritanna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited June 2013
    rood4ever wrote: »
    OK nothing is gonna happen today/tonight for the EU, too bad that Rift is also undergoing maintenance and has quite some disconnect issues. **** now I'm gonna lose a Celestial coin, what is the world coming too :D

You won't lose "A" celestial coin, you lose them all.
  • Options
    ericanorthericanorth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    doaxira wrote: »
    ? I am. The first 2.5GB/3GB came down no problem. After that there was 450ish MB remaining. I get 10-12% into that before i lose connection and it does start over at that exact amount every time. it has fully restarted now on me 4-5 times. There is zero progress being made forward.

This is the same thing that I am having. I left the house to run errands and left it continue to patch while I was gone. I came home an hour later and everything was exactly as it was before I left. 11%... shuts down, restarts, downloads gets to 11% again, shuts down and restarts. :-/
  • Options
    energydrinkenergydrink Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ffs patcher downt work
  • Options
    vallivvalliv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ok.. the launcher has officially died for me at least.. =/
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I can't even get the launcher to work for Champions Online. Not a great idea to tie all this together.

As I said in another thread:
    You see, that is a work of genius... ...not.

Three games, three patches, same day - one patch server.

Now, anyone here think that is a good idea?

You do?

Great you just got a job as Technical Director and PW/Cryptic!

ROFL

All The Best

• Options
    skelbojannskelbojann Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ericanorth wrote: »
    This is the same thing that I am having. I left the house to run errands and left it continue to patch while I was gone. I came home an hour later and everything was exactly as it was before I left. 11%... shuts down, restarts, downloads gets to 11% again, shuts down and restarts. :-/

Seems to be what everyone is having :(
  • Options
    pskittenpskitten Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, seems the magic number to get stuck at is 12%
    Mine was working fine an hour ago, now it just goes to 12% and loses connection. = w=
    Telling me to check my internet connection, my connection is just fine, don't know about theirs.
  • Options
    marcus0920marcus0920 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is some ****ed-up repugnant ****
  • Options
    keltinblaze1keltinblaze1 Member Posts: 78
    edited June 2013
    seems as though patch server was brought down to be fixed real quick, hope it patches smoothly when we can connect
    KING Ethan Ma Chao Lu Xun - Dragon Shard - Black Lotus

Check out my CW Oppressor Tank Guide Here
  • Options
    elahndraelahndra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Guys chill out. They all went to Panera Bread for lunch. They will be back in about 2 hours