test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Build Guide]: "INT Rogue" Perma-Stealth Build

Comments

• x3ladex3lade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Heres a Random PuG PvP match (soloed queued).

Let me know what you guys want to see, I can make more Uncut PvP Matches or show some PvP Montages, etc...

(Video, random PuG PvP match #1, watch in 1080p) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXYdcI1-aug
  • tubbyadamtubbyadam Member Posts: 58
    edited June 2013
    your not in stealth a lot of the time in that video I last saw and I personally love this spec its different and annoying to others I love trolling :D but I think you can only really use this spec to keep there point contested there is no point jumping around doing not great dmg or control your far better soloing and keeping there point contested anyway that's my opinion might not be everyone elses :)
  • thedeadstarthedeadstar Member Posts: 201
    edited June 2013
    fyi (from page 6 discussion)

it is NOT
    reduced CD = orig. CD * (1 - (recharge speed/100))

It is:
    reduced CD = orignal CD / (1+ (recharge Speed/100)

Means recharge speed itself got DR as well. You need 25% for reducing 25s to 20s
    Shinis
    Tong Lv86
    Server: Jian [DE]
  • x3ladex3lade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    fyi (from page 6 discussion)

it is NOT
    reduced CD = orig. CD * (1 - (recharge speed/100))

It is:
    reduced CD = orignal CD / (1+ (recharge Speed/100)

Means recharge speed itself got DR as well. You need 25% for reducing 25s to 20s
    tyvm, this helps alot
  • sinbiussinbius Member Posts: 68
    edited June 2013
    x3lade wrote: »
    Heres a Random PuG PvP match (soloed queued).

Let me know what you guys want to see, I can make more Uncut PvP Matches or show some PvP Montages, etc...

(Video, random PuG PvP match #1, watch in 1080p) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXYdcI1-aug

Great work! Amazing build!
    This is what a lot of people wanted to see :)

Can u solo kill a good cleric? (I think should be really hard for that build but it look amazing anyways)
    edited June 2013
    It's possible to kill a cleric with the main powers set up. But for some clerics that a better players and harder to kill you'll need to switch out Sly Flourish for Duelist's Flurry and Impact Shot for Path of the Blade
  • zeuvazeuva Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    please x3lade post an screen of ur skills, im lvling my rouge for this and idk how put my points, i need just a picture of ur "p" window :(
    edited June 2013
    zeuva wrote: »
    please x3lade post an screen of ur skills, im lvling my rouge for this and idk how put my points, i need just a picture of ur "p" window :(

powers_zpseeb0b3d9.png

This is for leveling in PvP

At low levels, you'll want to use:

Sly Flourish
    Cloud of Steel
    Deft Strike
    Lashing Blade
    Dazing Strike

Lurker's Assault
    Bloodbath

Sneak Attack
    First Strike

Switch out Dazing Strike for Bait and Switch when you reach the level

Switch out First Strike for Tactics when you reach the level

(you'll get a lot of action points from Bait and Switch combined with Tactics, meaning you'll use your daily power for frequently)

You can switch out Sly Flourish for Duelist's Flurry,
    at lower levels other players don't do as much damage to be considered much of a threat. If you do get focused on, you can use Bait and Switch to roll back, then dodge roll out to a safer distance.

Switch out Lashing Blade for Impact Shot when you reach the level

Switch out Deft Strike for Shadow Strike when you reach the level
    Now you can somewhat create the Perma-Stealth, for the rotation you will want to start off like this:
    1. In Stealth
    2. Shadow Strike
    3. Bait and Switch
    4. Shadow Strike

After that, your Bait and Switch wont make it on time to continue the rotation (at higher level with 30% recharge, you'll start with Bait and Switch instead of Shadow Strike)

Switch out Bloodbath for Shocking Execution when you reach the level

Switch out Tactics for Invisible Infiltrator when you reach the level
    (Max out Shocking Execution first, but you'll need at least one point into Invisible Infiltrator for the stealth refill)
  • zeuvazeuva Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    amazing job, thank you so much dude, I really appreciate this :)
  • cotanapadneecotanapadnee Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nice build, i try to make almost the same with my human tr (1st char, kind of test char), but now i waiting for dark elf :) (its my favorite race) and what do you think about dark elf dex/int? or dex/char if someone have lot a AD.
    edited June 2013
    Nice build, i try to make almost the same with my human tr (1st char, kind of test char), but now i waiting for dark elf :) (its my favorite race) and what do you think about dark elf dex/int? or dex/char if someone have lot a AD.

As long as you can get the Recharge Speed up to 30% you'll be able to preform the full Perma-Stealth rotation (I use INT to help increase Recharge Speed because high rank Silvery Enchantments are expensive)

Now lets say you have Unlimited AD to spend

I'd say the best way to do this is to, keep INT as high as possible (20INT). Then using 4 Silvery Enchantment Rank 10, will free up some Offensive Slots so you can put 3 Greater Tenebrous.

Then you would want to change all Defensive Enchantments into Radiant Enchantment Rank 10 to increase Tenebrous damage.

^and yes, I'm drooling about that, but too poor for such things xD
  • borgued3borgued3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 150 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I have been thinking about creating a perma stealth myself, but i hand it to you that your build seems more fun and the pratical use of it outweights mine by a mile, very good =).

Now a question, on sabouteur tree, there is a feat (new here, not really good with names yet, sorry) that every crit you land = less speed for your opponent and more for you, would you consider it a proper feat for this build or the gameplay on it pretty much makes it unecessary?
    edited June 2013
    borgued3 wrote: »
    I have been thinking about creating a perma stealth myself, but i hand it to you that your build seems more fun and the pratical use of it outweights mine by a mile, very good =).

Now a question, on sabouteur tree, there is a feat (new here, not really good with names yet, sorry) that every crit you land = less speed for your opponent and more for you, would you consider it a proper feat for this build or the gameplay on it pretty much makes it unecessary?

Speed Swindle - When you crit a foe it loses 2/4/6/8/10% Run Speed, you gain 2/4/6/8/10%

I would love to have this, but points are spent better else were for more damage. The build doesn't have much Crit Chance and you already get a lot of movement speed with Sneak Attack (30% Run Speed) and Expert Sneak (10% Run speed)
    edited June 2013
    Hello again :)

now i would like to ask something more about dodges and stamina regen, and how its work with stealth regen.

str give you 1% of stamina regen ... so you have 22str thats shoud be 12% of stamina regen
    swift footwork another 10%
    nimble dodge -10%cost (-20%cost in stealth)
    twilight adept restore 10% of stealth meter whe you dodge

if i forfed something let me know...

1st, i dont know what dodge exactly mean. Is that i only make a roll (shift + W) or i need to make roll in danger when a red word DODGE came up
    2nd, usualy i make 2 rolls, so you can propably make almost 3 rolls?
    3rd, recovery % also apply a cload of steal?
    edited June 2013

1st, i dont know what dodge exactly mean. Is that i only make a roll (shift + W) or i need to make roll in danger when a red word DODGE came up
    2nd, usualy i make 2 rolls, so you can propably make almost 3 rolls?
    3rd, recovery % also apply a cload of steal?

1. Shift + Movement Key (W, A, S, D) will make the character dodge roll, you'll replenish a bit of Stealth every time.

2. With a full Stamina bar, you can almost make 3 rolls, the 3rd roll comes after waiting a couple seconds.

3. Recovery does not apply to Cloud of Steel
    edited June 2013
    thank you :)

if i can ... how mutch time (seconds) need your stamina to be recharget? ... you know im kinda fans of perfections :) and every 0,1s count for me :) unfortunatly with limited resources (never paying for win)
    edited June 2013
    thank you :)

if i can ... how mutch time (seconds) need your stamina to be recharget? ... you know im kinda fans of perfections :) and every 0,1s count for me :) unfortunatly with limited resources (never paying for win)
    After the first two rolls from a full Stamina Bar your left with a bit a stamina, it will take about 3 seconds to be able to preform the 3rd roll. Then every roll afterwards if your going to constantly roll when you can, it takes about 7 seconds.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Curious if you can obtain Perma stealth while still maxing STR and DEX? Possible with a high enough recovery?
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
    edited June 2013
    Curious if you can obtain Perma stealth while still maxing STR and DEX? Possible with a high enough recovery?
    I think it's possible if you use rank 10 silvery enchantments on all 7 of your offensive slots
  • thedeadstarthedeadstar Member Posts: 201
    edited June 2013
    If you need that 31% for 19s CD (with 20s it will be lot harder though), really good luck with no Int. Had a thread in the DC forum regarding Recharge speed with some numbers.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?331702-Recharge-Speed-how-much-is-possible-amp-the-effect
    So for 31% Recharge Speed assuming you got 10 Int base, 2 via lv 30&60 and camp fire, you would need 28% via Recovery. Thats 5000 Recovery. No idea how many Recovery a Rogue can get without beeing able to use a augment pet in PvP, but if you reach like 3.2k (23%), you would still need 18 Int. 2500 Recovery for 21 Int.
    Shinis
    Tong Lv86
    Server: Jian [DE]
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the info, lol I guess its impossible with out INT
  • michelswe999michelswe999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How does this build in PvE, I'm afraid to follow her and me out badly in pve.
    edited June 2013

Ill record some pve gameplay of this build, soon. So far the build works in pve and you dont have to use any potions because of the life steal, bait and switch is huge, you get quite alot of AP. I think its best to switch out sneak attack for tactics for more ap gain
  • asphidonasphidon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I fully understand that this build is meant to be playable by the average player, but with a new bit of info what do you think could change for the not so casual gamers?

An integral part of this build being the PvP set for it's 20% longer stealth. However there is something new on the horizon. Gauntlgrym.

The four piece set bonus is more than desirable.

Trickster Rogue
    2296 HP
    8 AC
    1271 Critical Strike
    1271 Armor Penetration
    644 Defense
    574 Life Steal
    2 piece bonus: 450 Life Steal
    4 piece bonus: 25% more stealth meter, deal 5% more damage while stealthed

With an additional 5%, is there foreseeably anything we could tweak at this point to perhaps shift for a tad more DPS, x3lade?
    15.jpg
    edited June 2013
    asphidon wrote: »
    I fully understand that this build is meant to be playable by the average player, but with a new bit of info what do you think could change for the not so casual gamers?

An integral part of this build being the PvP set for it's 20% longer stealth. However there is something new on the horizon. Gauntlgrym.

The four piece set bonus is more than desirable.

Trickster Rogue
    2296 HP
    8 AC
    1271 Critical Strike
    1271 Armor Penetration
    644 Defense
    574 Life Steal
    2 piece bonus: 450 Life Steal
    4 piece bonus: 25% more stealth meter, deal 5% more damage while stealthed

With an additional 5%, is there foreseeably anything we could tweak at this point to perhaps shift for a tad more DPS, x3lade?

OMG... *Drool* that is a sexy 4 piece set, definitely what you want to get!

For those who have a lot of AD to spend, you'll want to use...
    Offensive Slot: [Silvery Enchantment, Rank 10]x4
    Offensive Slot: [Greater Tenebrous]x3
    Defensive Slot: [Radiant Enchantment, Rank 10]x2

I think because of the Tenebrous, you would want to remove 2 feat points in Action Advantage and 1 feat point in Weapon Mastery, putting 3 Feat Points into Toughness for 9% more health, making Tenebrous do more damage.
  • asphidonasphidon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    x3lade wrote: »
    I think because of the Tenebrous, you would want to remove 2 feat points in Action Advantage and 1 feat point in Weapon Mastery, putting 3 Feat Points into Toughness for 9% more health, making Tenebrous do more damage.

Good thing we get a free respec with launch! >:D

5% can really allow us to swap out that that many silveries? BONUS!

Oh, and a friend found out an amazing little secret: Epic enchantments do not stop at perfect. There is an additional tier - Ancient.

Ancient Bilethorn is +9.2% poison damage, then an additional 21.4% poison damage after 4 seconds. (this times 12 clouds of steel = *drool*)
    Ancient Soulforged is 6 seconds of damage immunity once every 60 seconds when you fall below 25% HP. (can't even imagine what the effect looks like, since perfect's effect is so crazily awesome)
    So, this build + Gauntlgrym PvP set + Ancient Bilethorn + Ancient Soulforged = THE DEADLIEST PVP BUILD EVER TO EXIST!? (lol)
    15.jpg
    edited June 2013
    Here is 17minutes of PvE gameplay of the build, as requested.

New Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVP5auWsFqyY88eZ1Kqawcg/videos
    I will be moving all current TR videos to that channel. Additionally, it will contain PvP Matches, PvP Montages, PvE, and more. Not just Perma-Stealth videos but other TR related videos as well.

• borgued3borgued3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 150 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Well im still leveling this build and didnt get permastealth yet but my guess is that for pve this build very likelly wont overcome lets say an executioner dps wise since it is focused on tactic gameplay rather than agressive damage dealing, however it will grant you permastealth, and since mobs cant attack you (unless they use AoE attacks) when you are stealthed this build will surelly grant you greater suvivability than a rogue who will go straight for lashing out tons of damage, thus it will be more optimal for soloing than a dps rogue. But thats just my guess on it, still pretty hyped about completing this build =)
  • yanniellyanniell Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Most important, is this build still working with the recent balance patch? Or changes have to be done?
    edited June 2013
    With the recent patch, It actually improved the build (aside from the Execution nerf). It improved it because now in stealth it is a lot harder for enemies to discover where you are because they fixed the Armor Enchantment glow through stealth. I played with two visual armor effects which is the Thunderhead + Founder Enchantment and it made competitive pvp (premade vs premade) a lot harder, it was as if everyone knew were I was and my only defensive was my high mobility instead of the stealth.