Install Arc
Options

Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions

Comments

• Options
    moser2253moser2253 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hey i have the oops crash...

i have no teamviewer installed or mumble..
    what can i do???
    pls help
  • Options
    lleianlleian Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Are you there, PW? It's me, getting an "Unable to establish connection to Patch Server" error.
  • Options
    juggalotusjuggalotus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    well idk if this is what fixed the problem but I no longer have this launcher issue.

using Win7
    Start>Run>cmd
    type in:

tracert 208.95.184.176 and then let it trace the route. or
    tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

after I tried both of those...I opened the launcher and it loaded....cause and effect or pure luck idk
  • Options
    stoogeslapstoogeslap Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I cannot even get it past the "cryptic account" Yes/No option. Clicking on an answer does nothing; like a brain dead wastoid staring you in he face after the 11th consecutive fix. It's frustrating and embarrassing to the developer. This shouldn't even be in open beta at this time. A problem like this should've been solved during the closed beta testing.
  • Options
    bonesaw6bonesaw6 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    still can log in
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    thats what i am getting and also a must verify files before launching and nothing is verified already uninstalled/reinstalled twice and nothing
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    would like to play before the weekend is over
  • Options
    dayven123dayven123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't really know how to use Forums but is there a way to install Neverwinter without Administrator access?
  • Options
    darklordheirdarklordheir Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm stuck at "Do you have an existing cryptic account?" part too. I can't even download the game because of that. If this goes like this Perfectworld can sure about this game wont be succeeded.
  • Options
    akumooakumoo Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    UPDATE 10: Managed to get into the Sanatorium after I loaded another map, which forced the Sanatorium patching to be reset. After that, I successfully entered the Sanatorium. I will check later if the Launcher is now smooth again as well. Leaving this post here in case someone encounters something similar.
    UPDATE 11: Upon leaving Sanatorium, return to step 4. Sigh :(.
    UPDATE 12: Occasionally still receiving error "Server not responding for xx seconds" when moving around zones. My guess is that the first time this occurred (Sanatorium one) something changed in the patching process. I disabled the patching now, which seems to work, but the Launcher issues are still present, which was never the case (I'm talking bout taking 2-3 minutes from Launcher to Ingame, instead of 20 seconds).

Is someone else experiencing massive login issues? My game crashed when trying to enter Sanatorium. Now the Launcher is very very slow, often crashes, and will not launch the game 9/10. I got into the game twice after trying for an hour, but Sanatorium questline still not working so unable to continue.

A small recap from memory (as far as I can remember):

1. Game played smoothly, never had any login, launcher or dungeon issues.
    2. Tried to enter Sanatorium in Helm's Hold questline
    3. Tries to load Sanatorium but stops at 40% and does not continue for minutes so I force close
    4. Restart launcher, but it is very slow taking ages to show the login screen
    5. It either tries to "Update the launcher" (Box left upper corner, up to 5 connection tries) and loads the launcher, but very slowly or some other random connection error occurs (Connecting takes ages with the words "Loading. Please wait" in italics, says it can't connect to patch server, opens an IE internet page saying "Page does not load")
    6. When it does show the Play button, the game rarely launches. Often it either hangs up on the Cryptic title screen, cannot access Login Server, cannot access GameServer or gives the "Server not responding xx seconds" red error message when logging into the world.
    7. Rebooted, reinstalled game, same problems.
    8. I got into the game a few times, but still can't enter the Sanatorium (and thus not continue questing).
    UPDATE 9: Now after failing to enter world, my login name has changed to some numbers containing ##

So basically, the Sanatorium triggered a massive cascade of login errors. Seems very weird. Couldn't find any maintenance going on.
  • Options
    ericlensherrericlensherr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The download link for the replacement .exe is no longer redirecting to the file. It just hangs there and then gives a could not connect error.
  • Options
    immortalally998immortalally998 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    akumoo wrote: »
    6. When it does show the Play button, the game rarely launches. Often it either hangs up on the Cryptic title screen, cannot access Login Server, cannot access GameServer or gives the "Server not responding xx seconds" red error message when logging into the world.
    7. Rebooted, reinstalled game, same problems.

So basically, the Sanatorium triggered a massive cascade of login errors. Seems very weird. Couldn't find any maintenance going on.

I am having this exact problem. I haven't been able to get passed the Cryptic Title Screen at all. Odd that we were at the same quest line as well.

Every time I try to load the game it hangs up at the Cryptic Title Screen and I have to Alt+Tab out and open up Windows Task Manager just to see that the game is "Not Responding" and I have to force close the process. This has happened about 4 or 5 times now. I have tried rebooting and reinstalling and nothing seem to work.
  • Options
    akumooakumoo Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Eventually you may get through like me. But for me the loading screens are still causing the same problems, having to start the whole process again of trying to enter a game ;)

EDIT: In the Error Log the following error is given from yesterday (could be around the time I got my first crash):

130603 13:57:03 28 [1]: xferrer resetting after apparent hang.
  • Options
    buhzvabuhzva Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Don't have team viewer or mumble. Have followed various measures suggested across the forums. Have been looking forward to this game for ages, development looks good, but it would be sure nice to be part of the beta process, and considering the issues I doubt this will be resolved in the 12 days left before "release".
    When the launcher installed there was the "Failed to register with Game Explorer' error.
    Then when I logged in it began patching a 4gb download, only to get to 3gb with a 'Oops! blah blah Cryptic game application has crashed blah blah'. People were having problems with this back in April! What's going on. So after that used up bandwidth and crashed, I reinstalled the launched, with the replacement neverwinter.exe, only to find it patching again, restarting the download, this time a 6gb download. I've run through this process trying new things to have it continuously reach 4gb then crash over and over restarting the download each time, just sucking bandwidth.
    "By Moradin's stony ***", please sort it out guys!

Edit: Tried again today, this time 4446mb download, started going quickly then launcher restarted by itself after sucking a little more bandwidth. Got my hopes up for a second
  • Options
    sagiitaursagiitaur Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Every single time I log out, launcher re-patches entire Neverwinter. problem just started today for some reason ...
  • Options
    themadmolarthemadmolar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sagiitaur wrote: »
    Every single time I log out, launcher re-patches entire Neverwinter. problem just started today for some reason ...
    Exactly the same issue here. 1.5GB patch every time I log out.
  • Options
    wildswannwildswann Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sagiitaur wrote: »
    Exactly the same issue here. 1.5GB patch every time I log out.

Same thing for me too only started today :rolleyes:
  • Options
    piconsipiconsi Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wildswann wrote: »

Same thing.
  • Options
    ladynightskyladynightsky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Alright. I've spent all of yesterday and up until now reading this forum and trying all of the fixes. The game is fully installed. There is only one copy of all of the files. There are no interference programs on this computer that the forum warns me about. The game is also FULLY patched. When I click on the Neverwinter launcher all I get is a white screen. When I click on the gameclient.exe it loads in and I have to enter my user and password. I do this and then after about a minute it says connection to server timed out. No crashing, no freezing no errors. I am completely baffeled at this point. It works for my husbands computer just fine. Hell we even tried to completely remove it from my PC and burn a hard full copy from his PC and install it on mine and that didn't work. None of the firewalls are blocking it and I've made sure complete access is allowed. I've also turned off the firewalls and tried that way. Most of the fixes that work for ppl are for win 7 and vista but I am on win xp. Any help at all is greatly appreciated. It's rare to find a game my husband and I can play together that we are both addicted to. Thanks in advance.
    (P.S. I did submit a ticked yesterday afternoon about this issue in great detail but have yet to receive a response :()
  • Options
    centralcalcentralcal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wildswann wrote: »
    Same thing here. Im starting to wonder about purchasing a "Founders pack" yesterday. PW please don't make me regret giving you any $$$$$.
  • Options
    iqoologiciqoologic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    centralcal wrote: »
    Same thing here. Im starting to wonder about purchasing a "Founders pack" yesterday. PW please don't make me regret giving you any $$$$$.

same here :(
  • Options
    venus01venus01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same thing here. And when I make it to the final loading screen, tries to patch files, but it says 0 bytes/s. I know for sure is not my connection, I've run speed tests and all.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just white screen when patcher appears. Says it might be my internet connection, but all these people here experience the same problem...
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    buhzvabuhzva Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am so hopeful this is just a marketing ploy to blow our minds at E3. Please Cryptic studios, you're our only hope!
  • Options
    crow2000crow2000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Every time I exit the game the launcher launches again and downloads a 1.5gb patch. Even if I let the launcher complete downloading the patch the next time I exit the game it tries to download it yet again.

I am not running anything except the vanilla NWN patcher from the default desktop shortcut the game makes when it installs.
  • Options
    sergiovtmsergiovtm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ADM am with my problem char war do not know if the bug is reached lvl 45 just this banging shield not using sword using the 2-hand mouse buttons are hit with shell combs Help solve the bug.
  • Options
    iqoologiciqoologic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe this easy steps can make your game patch successfully:

1.- Delete all files inside this folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live\prepatch\piggs
    2.- Run the game (login and click play) - it probably won't find patch at this time
    3.- play game for a few seconds and then logout (exit game)
    4.- it will start patching automatically
    5.- sit back and watch it install new patch :)

Above steps is only if your launcher crashed while patching! (happend to me)

Read this
  • Options
    thunderfoot23thunderfoot23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can play fine on my laptop, but my desktop plays up, it used to work.
    The launcher shows a white screen with "Loading. Please Wait." and never changes.
    I tried the replacement launcher file from the first post but it didn't help,
  • Options
    dromgendromgen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How could I go about turning the cookies on? When I try to play it tells me that cookies must be turned on.
  • Options
    thunderfoot23thunderfoot23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can play fine on my laptop, but my desktop plays up, it used to work.
    The launcher shows a white screen with "Loading. Please Wait." and never changes.
    I tried the replacement launcher file from the first post but it didn't help,

I need an answer for this. I've gone through all the other launcher threads and this one and done everything suggested and nothing works.
This discussion has been closed.