What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Known software conflicts

Comments

• Options
    noskillzbronoskillzbro Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i havent been able to get past the "CRYPTIC" screen since the new patch. ive posted everywhere about it and submitted a ticket. of course, like any other game, NOBODY GETS BACK TO YOU. im probably just as frustrated as you lol
  • Options
    agent69047agent69047 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There are SOOOoooo many different variables that can cause a game to crash.

Is everyone actually submitting detailed crash reports?
    Or are some people just complaining about the game crashing and wanting the game to "Get Fixed" magically without so much as a shoulder shrug and posting "I don't Know.. It Just stopped Working"

I'm not saying everyone is a 'tard... but more info needs to be given about your computer system to work on a solution.
    For me.. If I ever get a game to crash.. first thing I do is check for hardware and software updates as well as background processes running that could be conflicting with the game. If you don't know how to be a beta-tester.. don't play a beta-released game.

FYI: I'm not flaming anybody.. just throwing my 2copper out there :rolleyes:
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    Having some issues with Neverwinter with the Geforce 320.18 driver had to revert to the GeForce 314.22 Driver. The latest driver causes my Windows 7 to crash while playing Neverwinter.
  • Options
    pillaruspillarus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Everything works fine for me
  • Options
    mabpujiamabpujia Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello. Launcher Giving A "Cryptic Error Oops" Error On Patching client error 22331690
  • Options
    blyskawkablyskawka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Incredible lags after yesterday maintance. On minimum settings game freeze like crysis on pentium 3. Can play with this lags. Any solutions?
  • Options
    nerfallthethingsnerfallthethings Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I use both Mumble and MSI Afterburner.
    Afterburner is a necessity for me to keep my video card running at optimal fan cooling speeds and Mumble is IMO the simplest and most efficient chat client available.
    I am surprised there is conflicts with them and Neverwinter, although I don't use the overlay options they offer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    murlocs101murlocs101 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i can log into the game soon i go to play my char it load half way then i crash back to windows .. then a stupid box come up saying please exp what happen done this like 100+ times now all i want to do see the game before i spend $200 on hero of north pack.. wow this game really turn me off now thanks guys!
  • Options
    bonsuhawjbonsuhawj Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ummm So i'm not alone. thought I was the only one having problems. deuces Neverwinter :)
  • Options
    drazoriadrazoria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    im having issues when i join a party i crash... i get a message the server isnt responding
  • Options
    blackxreign92blackxreign92 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i cant even get into the game, yesterday it worked fine, but now it crashes every time i click "play now" on arc
  • Options
    mrpaydaymrpayday Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so did that work for you
  • Options
    chronosdkchronosdk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am also struggling with game crashes, every time near the bank, auctioneer, mail, crafting and so on.

All 62 events are Neverwinter.

neverwinter.jpg
  • Options
    xwinger992xwinger992 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You need to Add Sapphire Trixx to this list. Running with Trixx open: Crash, can't even load into game. Turn it off: Smooth as butter

i5-3570k
    GA-Z77X-UD3H
    2x XFX Radeon HD 7850
    8GB Corsair Vengeance LP
    Windows 7 SP1
  • Options
    wormtoothwormtooth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    been using mumble with two friends since before open beta and never had a problem
  • Options
    matcauthon30matcauthon30 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    MSI Afterburner

Any known issues with MSI Kombustor?
  • Options
    renitasenkararenitasenkara Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hello
    My problem might not be related to this thread but I am stuck and I don't know what to do. I'm sorry but if you can help me I'll be most grateful, my problem is that every time I go to protector's enclave, I can't move freely. My character gets stuck in corners and when I get her away from that location she is suddenly teleported back there again???!!! no matter how much I hit the WASD keys, jump or dodge it doesn't do any good, she gets back to the same corners where she was before and starts to move on her own and gets stuck in other corners of the city :( it's SO frustrating :mad:
  • Options
    ilovehookersilovehookers Banned Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It is crashing and resetting my windows 7 networking settings .... this game is **** crashes when invited to party .. crashes because it wants to WTF
  • Options
    nathanmimblenathanmimble Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well after the last "update" the game crashes when I select my character and try to join the game! What a waste of money!
  • Options
    natsudragneel13natsudragneel13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I confirmed one program which is Netlimiter 3 hope this helps.
  • Options
    deadmans34deadmans34 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have been playing Neverwinter with no issues until late last night it just won't load anyone and tries to tell me it is an internet problem on my end. I can't figure out what has changed to cause this because I never had a single problem before this. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    blackadderamesblackadderames Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    we gonna ever fix the mail issue? or just ignore it?
  • Options
    rolo4rolo4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hi all,

The following third-party applications have been known to cause stability issues with the Neverwinter client. Please be sure to disable them before playing!

Teamviewer
    Mumble
    DisplayFusion
    MSI Afterburner

More appropriately stated: Neverwinter conflicts with these programs. This is hardly renegade/odd-ball software.

Can you be more specific about what the conflicts are? I run Afterburner just fine (with NW) but I don't use any on-screen display options or video capture.

Mumble, by far, is the best VoIP solution (though the in-game voice is convenient) but, again, is it only the OSD portion?
  • Options
    dornodiosmiosdornodiosmios Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    I also run MSI Afterburner without issue while playing NW. Don't have any issues with NW crashing either. Like the above poster, I also do not use OSD or Video Capture in MSI Afterburner.

MSI Afterburner is primarily used by me to adjust GFX fan speed and keep a log of various GPU properties.
  • Options
    scardon985scardon985 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    A SIMPLE FIX FOR FULL LOCK UP!!!!
    many many many moons ago my game locked up!, WTF HOLY CTRL ALT DEL!, but I accidently closed my task manager and then the oddest of things happend.... MY GAME STARTED WORKING!

I'm only posting in caps because if you have a lock up, this will work, if it doesn't please post and I'll see if I can find another work around for anyone having LOCK UP issues
  • Options
    hithereyouhithereyou Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rolo42 wrote: »
    More appropriately stated: Neverwinter conflicts with these programs. This is hardly renegade/odd-ball software.

Can you be more specific about what the conflicts are? I run Afterburner just fine (with NW) but I don't use any on-screen display options or video capture.

Mumble, by far, is the best VoIP solution (though the in-game voice is convenient) but, again, is it only the OSD portion?

Rolo,

I think it's far more fair to say these applications have compatibility issues with Neverwinter. In most cases, these add-ons inject code into our application. In some cases, they put up an interface between our game and Direct3D, and unless they are completely bug free, they will introduce their bugs into our application. Additionally, by doing this injection at all, they take away resources from our application, and slow it down, which both may cause other problems.

These products have been developed without any coordination with our development team, any chance for us to perform QA on their integration, and so on. We also don't have access to their source code, in general. Unfortunately, that means there may not be a lot we can do to fix these problems.

We still want our game to be as compatible as possible. It's possible that our own bugs cause the compatibility problems. It's just very difficult to determine which. This thread is meant to be informative so our customers can be aware when there is some compatibility problem, whatever the source, and have the option of disabling those add-ons to see if they can continue playing, or find another piece of software that doesn't have the same problem.

Dave
  • Options
    roguish98roguish98 Member Posts: 78
    edited August 2013
    Greetings,

After downloading the patch for the new expansion, I exited Neverwinter and attempted to launch it with my typical RadeonPro profile settings activated. The client proceeded to crash when I clicked "play" without fail over multiple attempts. Have any other RadeonPro users encountered this problem? Any insight you might provide is appreciated!

Roguish98
  • Options
    evarkalevarkal Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I had Teamviewer but I still never ran into these problems before the update.
  • Options
    agnaethaagnaetha Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Since Fey patch - have been crashing to desktop frequently - never had issues before - on login patcher is requesting to check/verify files, does so allows me to play - few min in CRASH rinse and repeat same result. Again - never had problems before mos recent patch - not running any of the so called problem software - need to fix this quickly.
    Rig - Alienware Gamer PC all the ram and HD space in the world no changes recently-- iNVidia 660 --
  • Options
    arcaelusarcaelus Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    After installing the new patch my game freezes and gets an error message saying my direct 3d is not responding. All drivers is current.I am running ATI 5770HD,i7 Processor and 12 gigs of ram.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]