test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Known software conflicts

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hi all,

The following third-party applications have been known to cause stability issues with the Neverwinter client. Please be sure to disable them before playing!

Teamviewer
Mumble
DisplayFusion
MSI Afterburner

For issues with Teamviewer, this post may help, and for Display Fusion, this post has more info.

We'll update this post with any other known third-party software conflicts.

Thanks! :)
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• Options
    smoq25smoq25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    how about game crash w/o any message,just game stop working thats all what i got,after few min play
    win 7
    procesor i7
    geforce gtx 470 OC
    8gb ram
  • Options
    stgambini66stgambini66 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    any other programes cause i have none of these installed on my computer
  • Options
    smoq25smoq25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i can play on first map w/o any problem,but on second wher is a bridge i have this issue
  • Options
    ronoverdriveronoverdrive Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    WindowsPager is another conflict. I hope you can get Mumble working, its so much better then Vent or TeamSpeak.
  • Options
    criticaljustice9criticaljustice9 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    well mine just says patching .... and when i fianlly got it running the ping was just way to high ... this game is already ruined for me ... i mean ,, this is even worse then riot
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    now is alot better but i have random crashes
  • Options
    sveltarsveltar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hello.
    I could not open a new thread so I'm writing here sorry for that if it's not permitted.

I have a Alienware M17X-R4. I do not know if you created a customized AlienFX Game mode but As soos as game begins AlienFX corrupts. It gets disabled and even randomly blinks different colors on keyboard. After restarting Windows it gets normal and after disabling 3rd party access to AlienFX game does not corrupt AlienFX anymore.

Thanks.
  • Options
    wacupwacup Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have crash on loading screen from location to location. I cant even play cause when i am relaunching game it just crashing at loading screen to blak smth
  • Options
    jtmob4211jtmob4211 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I cant even get it to the launcher it fails right after i run the game says cryptic launcher has timed out. The patchclientlib is internally recording error code : 33\nThe patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function - No response for some command in autoupdate state
  • Options
    allandgallowsallandgallows Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am getting a total system lock up when switching between the game client and the Firefox browser. this happens when I'm in the queue waiting to get in. when this happens it locks the system up to the point of having to restart by turning the pc off using the power button on the tower case. this happened both times I was trying to get into the game. system is a amd phenom2 quad core 3.2ghz cpu. 8mb of ram. nVidia geforce 460gt. windows 7 os.
  • Options
    mythrildragonmythrildragon Member Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jtmob4211 wrote: »
    I cant even get it to the launcher it fails right after i run the game says cryptic launcher has timed out. The patchclientlib is internally recording error code : 33\nThe patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function - No response for some command in autoupdate state

^this

the update 7 fix worked once, i playe a couple hours now this morning is the same **** all over again. we really need a proper fix for this error.
  • Options
    iampiqliqiampiqliq Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had the same issue before! I reinstalled it and it worked.
  • Options
    malhado2malhado2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys i have no SOUND , All up to date here , my conf M5A78L-M Motherboard , Phenon X6 8 giga ddr 3 , Win7 64 bits
  • Options
    nukiuchinukiuchi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been able to run Neverwinter without any problems with Afterburner constantly running in background. I'm playing in maximized window mode (like fullscreen but easily alt-tabbable) on Windows 7 64-bit. Afterburner is version 2.2.4, and also running the on-screen display server for fps.
  • Options
    aaron92232aaron92232 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mumble has been working fine for me since closed beta?
  • Options
    rado84rado84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    The following third-party applications have been known to cause stability issues with the Neverwinter client. Please be sure to disable them before playing!

Teamviewer
    If you allow me I'll disagree with you on that. Early this morning my best friend, on a Skype vocal conversation, asked me to install the game on his PC since he couldn't make the installer to run. So I used TV8 to login in his computer while NW was running. I spent about 40 minutes in his PC and when I was done I switched back to the game (Alt+Tab) and continued playing without any problem.
    So, just because a few PCs have had problems with the game this is not a reason to claim that TV is causing stability problems.
  • Options
    intoxicat3intoxicat3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    for me game crashes after 1 minute - the sound is very laggy. I've realtek audio controller maybe it isn't working good with beta for now. Anyone got crash after 1 minute in game? (not in the menu)
  • Options
    bunk5aucebunk5auce Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having an odd issue.
    After first installing the game yesterday, when I tried to run the "\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter.exe" file, a message box sat in the top left corner of my screen explaining it was "Attempting to update launcher. Please be patient". After the second attempt, an error box popped up, I've posted a picture of it below.delete_me.png
    When I came home from work today (5pm) I opened my computer from hibernation, and tried running the game. It worked. I then closed out after a few minutes, and tried running it again - only to be stuck receiving the original error. Things haven't changed since then, and I only found one page on the forum which pointed me to a dead link of some "Neverwinter.exe" I could replace my own with.
  • Options
    omahacheddaromahacheddar Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bunk make sure all your drivers are up to date, reinstall the game and try again. Also try a dns flush after the reinstall.
  • Options
    omahacheddaromahacheddar Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    also the server is down right now, so wait until youi try what i suggested ;-)
  • Options
    crazykldcrazykld Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You may want to add different C++ Bits installed
    [th]Game[/th][th]Name[/th][th]Class[/th][th]Level[/th]NeverwinterDeadweightDevoted Cleric60Perfect WorldDemienR8 Cleric100Perfect WorldRy__Ry4/5aps BM101BlacklightProDeadweightSniper20Forsaken WorldBecca BooPriest60
  • Options
    hithereyouhithereyou Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Aaron92232, I don't know how reproducible the Mumble problem is, but I've heard it's only when using the overlay. I've had no luck reproducing crashes with it for the purposes of reporting to the Mumble developers. However, we are definitely seeing crash reports from customers, inside the mumble overlay code.

Dave
  • Options
    mux30guymux30guy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am sure this has be mentioned but My game seems to freeze every 2 minutes, sometimes right away at log in. Sometimes if I wait 5-10 minutes it will unfreeze. Sometimes not. It say Not Responding. I have tried everything possible on my end. I installed the game on my wifes 8 year old laptop oddly this problems doesn't happen. The graphics are terrible but that because is just a crappy old laptop. However it never freezes or goes to NOT RESPONDING. I have a ati radeon hd 5700 vid card and Asus. I do not have this problem with any other high end games.

Can anyone help? I am not super computer smart
  • Options
    craigredcraigred Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patience is a virtue, but your game is eroding my calm. I logged on three times since the open beta. Created and run two characters. But since three nights ago everytime I attempted to log-in I get to the Cryptic load screen and Black Screen. What is the problem?? I see patching which my PC does there's been three since the last time I was on. Hoping that it would fix the issue. Let Down!! I read forums to find a solution. Let Down!! I've re-installed the game. Let Down!! What is the solution? I understand buggie start-ups and the scramble to fix things, but after a few days of the same problem. and its been posted by others and myself. What is the solution??
    Have Icon, Will Travel.
  • Options
    craigredcraigred Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I Hear DDO and WoT calling, play me, play me. and I have invested in to their game cards. NW if you can't fix the problem my solution will be to erase you and make sure everybody I know understands that you failed! I know I'm a lone voice but as the old sayin' goes "By word of mouth"
    And their are others too! I still hope to play Neverwinter, and that this is just the rant and raves of a fustrated old gamer.
    Please resolve the issue. The Cryptic Load screen Load-bar runs till it gets to 4/5th the way across, then goes to a black screen. Than is the extent of Operational tech jargon I can tell you.
    Have Icon, Will Travel.
  • Options
    zbluggzblugg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can play for about 10 minutes, say, juste enough time to start a character, then compete first quest, get to the second place.

I get this in Event Viewer :

Fault bucket 3568066850, type 1
    Event Name: APPCRASH
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: GameClient.exe
    P2: 0.0.0.0
    P3: 51832dab
    P4: nvd3dum.dll
    P5: 9.18.13.1422
    P6: 51427c76
    P7: c0000005
    P8: 00630597
    P9:
    P10:

Attached files:
    C:\Users\Bwarginolumitronus\AppData\Local\Temp\WERD162.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
    C:\Users\Bwarginolumitronus\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_GameClient.exe_b3c6e986a371269afd5e15965266d7a66e31343_0f76fbfa

Analysis symbol:
    Rechecking for solution: 0
    Report Id: ac1a69c0-b4e9-11e2-9810-001fc6a44231
    Report Status: 0
    21.jpg
  • Options
    aendaeronaendaeron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Win7 - Either disable Aero look or set "Disable Desktop Composition" in the compatibility tab of Neverwinter.exe properties to get a slightly better FPS.
  • Options
    xchopsuey03xchopsuey03 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i got the same problem here .... game crash just before cryptic loading and then error message pop up it says " Fatal error : error decompressing data. verifying files in the launcher may fix the issue.: Animation_Library/_Nw_Male02/Scale/Nw_Male_Scale_Human_preset_01.atrk

i click force verify file and flush my dns, reinstall it and doesn't seem solve the problem i
  • Options
    kyserclarkkyserclark Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm new to this, this is my first post on the forums. A game stop employee referred me to this game. I downloaded it, and for days i couldn't launch it. So i decided to come here, read this topic. And just by disabling team viewer the game now works! I cant believe, team viewer stops the game from launching. I'm updating now, and i cant wait to play it. This topic was VERY helpful. Thanks A Lot! :)
  • Options
    hithereyouhithereyou Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Everyone,

I'd like to clarify Som's post. We'd like you to be able to use these add-ons, but this may be the best workaround until we or the developer can fix any known compatibility problems. If you are having problems running Neverwinter or other Cryptic games, you can experiment with turning off some of your third-party game add-ons to see if that works around some of the crashes or problems we've seen. That includes the software listed in Som's post, or by other customers here in this thread or elsewhere in the forums. Note that just because some people experience problems with some particular add-on doesn't mean it won't work for you.

Also, please note that some compatibility problems are with the launcher and others with the client. The compatibility problem may only be with some particular feature of a given product, like the problems we've seen with the Mumble overlay.

The workaround may not require completely disabling use of the add-on. For example, TeamViewer seems incompatible with the launcher on some customer computers. We've heard reports that turning off TeamViewer, running the launcher and starting the game, and then reenabling TeamViewer works around the launcher crash that it sometimes causes.

Dave