test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Known software conflicts

Comments

• yasyneyasyne Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope there is a fix coming for Mumble. It's my favorite voice chatting client.
  • ticktak2ticktak2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi, I am still to young to post so I'm replying to the top post in bug reports. There is something wrong with the pathfinding. I did the "new egg" quest, completed it, and when I exited the pathfinding pointed again to the same dungeon. It might have something to do with the dungeon and quest reward person being so close together? I would attach a screenshot but I don't know how. It shows the pathfinding pointing to the dungeon and the quest saying return grace's jewelry. I'm a lvl 9 trickster rogue, its in the first town.

I'm sorry the quest is called "Nest Egg"
  • m1k1m1k1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Occasionally, as a potentialy huge and confusing problem, Teamviewer will leave behind a persistent process that will continue to "block" neverwinter after you close it. Easy fix? ctrl+alt+del, task manager, the second tab called processes, and search for teamviewer. It will be very clear though sorting the list by name may be helpful. Highlight the task and end it.
  • lordgleezelordgleeze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have seen 2 issues thus far - I have an Alienware MX14 - with a 2GB Nvidia 650, i7 @ 3.2. The first bug I see is that the game freaks out the backlight on the keyboard - the Alienware software allows for a colored backlight, but NWN turns it mostly off - various parts of the keyboard light up with different colors briefly, and periodically the entire keyboard flashed (though not in the color them its usually set up for). It doesn't hinder gameplay in any way - just annoying.

Secondly, there are 2 graphics cards in this machine - the aforementioned Nvidia and the Intel on board HD 4000 card. The game only seems to see the lower quality graphics card. It runs fairly well on it, but the settings for the better card don't appear in the options.

Thought you should know -

Thanks!

-Lord_Gleeze
  • hippyohippyo Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My7. <censored by the central cupervisor's commision>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soulstudiosoulstudio Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know if this is the right place to report this bug but I'll give it a try. Few of the guild mates, same as myself, have encountered a Team Speak crash when alt + tab-ing from the game and returning to the game while TS is turned on. We all have different hardware configuration but we all use Windows 7 OS. Also, this crash is not a constant crash but we always have this problem when meeting on TS, at least once per session.
  • kethwynkethwyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    soulstudio wrote: »
    I don't know if this is the right place to report this bug but I'll give it a try. Few of the guild mates, same as myself, have encountered a Team Speak crash when alt + tab-ing from the game and returning to the game while TS is turned on. We all have different hardware configuration but we all use Windows 7 OS. Also, this crash is not a constant crash but we always have this problem when meeting on TS, at least once per session.

TS3 user here but i haven't had this issue yet (nor did any of my mates)
  • s4bres4bre Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    More correctly it should say...The following program seems to have compatib. problems with well coded and reputed software, make sure not to use it... "gameclient32.exe". (may i add that i write this after 5 task kills after stalling in the loading screen, like after every patch since release? and i even dont have one of the mentioned apps installed ) Maybe Windows 8 or Windows in general be added to the list of incompatible software?

RANT over.
  • axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have had zero isssues with mumble, with overlay enabled. Fine for my whole guild and everyone that tried it actually.

My game is remarkably stable for a beta actually. Only had one crash all week - loading a dungeon.

So yea its not completely incompatiable. Not sure what the issue is.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • kardalevkardalev Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This teamviewer problem is a huge pain! I need to access all my PCs, and the fact i need to stop TV to play is annoying -.- it's bugging my work...
  • kardalevkardalev Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One thing that worked for me about Teamviewer problem: Disable the TV QuickConnect button for NW exe.

for me this worked like a charm, the TV server/programs are working on the back just quickconnect is disabled and you can play freely :)

~KRD~
  • wayra00wayra00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the scerver disconnect me during the loading of the world and in my home,my computer is the only one that the game doesn't work...someone knrow why?
  • corza44corza44 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't start a thread so I'll ask here, as I think it may be a software conflict. The game runs fine, then as soon as I recieve a call on skype and I Alt + Tab out of the game to answer and when I maximize again my keyboard and mouse are pretty much uncontrollable. When I try to move it wil auto-double click as if I was trying to roll (rogue).
  • igreetwithfireigreetwithfire Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i also cant start a new thread so ill do the same thing lol..... my mail icon is always lit up and when i check the mail it says no new mail or w/e so i walk away then 5 seconds later the light is lit up again saying i have new mail also everything i put in the AH is GONE now and i cant play the map i made =\

i have tried making a new alt then seeing if i get mail and nothing and i tried uninstalling and re installing and that did nothing too
  • tristhedishtristhedish Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it says i have the wrong usernam and password when I know I don't.... it won't let me even start playing..
  • yagyuretsudoyagyuretsudo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I continually crash in neverwinter since the server maintenance yesterday. The longest I have stayed on is about 40 minutes, typically its more like 5 minutes.
    Have tried running neverwinter in safe mode, disabling all other programs, disabling AV, nothing makes the slightest bit of difference. Its a game problem. How can I fix it?
    The patcher keeps saying its detected a problem and will check game files but it never seems to do anything when I tell it to check them.
  • tsripatsripa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it stucks at loading screen and does noting. please explain what's going on?
  • amandaz31amandaz31 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm really enjoying the game so far but I'm a bit frustrated. The last few patches (and the one that I just downloaded today is doing this) have been causing me problems. I go to play the game, download the patch, start questing and all of the sudden, usually mid-fight, my entire computer shuts off (and doesn't restart). Of course, by the time I get back in game, I'm dead. It happens every few minutes that I give up playing for a day or so. I come back, there's another patch, and all is good. No computer shutting off mid-fight. I go to play again, there's another patch, and I'm dying mid-fight because my computer is shutting off. And, to answer the most obvious question, it's only while playing your game. I built my computer. It's up-to-date and functions fine in any other game I play but yours after patches. Can you please help me out here because I'm frustrated and don't want to quit playing

P.S. It seems I can't even just sit in game in one spot and chat with fellow players because it still shuts my computer off. And I'm not running any of the programs that are known to cause issues with the game. I have everything disabled except what I need, like for my mouse (Mamba), my back up battery, Catalyst Control Center, Malware, and MS Security Essentials.
  • raelekraelek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7
    edited May 2013
    The launcher/game conflicts with STO/CO's launchers. If there's a patch I'm always tempted to just hop into one of the other cryptic games until it finishes but it causes problems.
  • maicakatmaicakat Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    amandaz31 wrote: »
    ...my entire computer shuts off ...

If your computer completely shuts down that is usually an indication that it is overheating; could be CPU or video card.
  • geldrinhor62geldrinhor62 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    amandaz31 wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying the game so far but I'm a bit frustrated. The last few patches (and the one that I just downloaded today is doing this) have been causing me problems. I go to play the game, download the patch, start questing and all of the sudden, usually mid-fight, my entire computer shuts off (and doesn't restart). Of course, by the time I get back in game, I'm dead. It happens every few minutes that I give up playing for a day or so. I come back, there's another patch, and all is good. No computer shutting off mid-fight. I go to play again, there's another patch, and I'm dying mid-fight because my computer is shutting off. And, to answer the most obvious question, it's only while playing your game. I built my computer. It's up-to-date and functions fine in any other game I play but yours after patches. Can you please help me out here because I'm frustrated and don't want to quit playing

P.S. It seems I can't even just sit in game in one spot and chat with fellow players because it still shuts my computer off. And I'm not running any of the programs that are known to cause issues with the game. I have everything disabled except what I need, like for my mouse (Mamba), my back up battery, Catalyst Control Center, Malware, and MS Security Essentials.

I can probably help you with this one. MOST likely culprit is your video card is overheating. This game uses very small mounts of most resources (CPU, RAM, VRAM) but it overloads the graphics card (or on-board chip if you managed to find a higher grade motherboard with either On-Board Video by NVidia or AMD APU with better than 6420 HD chip on the CPU) and it will heat up video cards over 80 C in about 1 minute. I've managed to limit the heat sourcing by adding a fan blowing thru side vents directly onto Mobo and thus the pci-e slot card. (or the heat sink of the CPU if applicable). Also, with the different applications for NVidia and AMD/ATi cards nowadays, you can control (limit) how much power your card draws, thus keeping the heat down a bit. MOST video cards start failing at extended use over 100 C (roughly boiling point of water...212 degrees farenheit). You might also look into installing a liquid cooling system to your case or switching over to a case with built in liquid cooling like certain types of ThermalTake cases.
  • aqthedruidaqthedruid Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I cant make a new thread so I shall post my bug here.

I was working on my foundry quest. Everything was working fine but after about two weeks week ago (I think it started after some maintenance on a Tuesday) the foundry crashes every time I add an object, npc, or encounter. My cursor completely disappears and I cant do anything. The only way I can get my cursor back is to press ctrl+alt+delete and restart to my computer.

Restarting doesnt fix the problem with the foundry but I have use of my cursor until I try to use the foundry again. I want to finish my foundry quest before I play again. I would have reported this sooner but I was hoping that the problem would be fixed with one of the many patches that have been released.
  • mfruitsmfruits Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A few days ago I couldn't log in on the Neverwinter patcher window. It would crash as soon as I clicked Login. I uninstalled, re installed, turned off firewall, turned off anti virus, etc. Nothing worked. I then saw a possible conflict if running Team Viewer. I had just the other day reset TV up and since then have been having problems with NW. Once I disabled TV I am now able to patch and log in to NW.
  • emponator85emponator85 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Don't know if this fits in here but I've been having constant crashes for today and yesterday, the game runs for 5 to 10 minutes and then crashes suddenly with no apparent reason. (Done that in battles, after battles, when browsing inventory, looking at character sheet etc) I do have MSI afterburner, but disabling that didn't affect the crashes at all.
  • zzassafrazzzzassafrazz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have been having the same problem the past few days don't know what that patch did, but sure can't play for more than one minute at a time. It's really getting frustrating
  • workslaveworkslave Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just had the issue on TeamViewer 8 - glad I read this...

As you have none issues, wouldn't it be best to check for the apps running and warn?
  • mnueljserranomnueljserrano Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi, I can not write new post, I write it here.
    I think my GS are bug, I have 9871 and my armor is not tyrr1.
    leave a link to the photo.

http://subefotos.com/ver/?c5ea2b723e0ad3add64063381f83f69eo.jpg

sorry for my English
  • amandaz31amandaz31 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you to all those who have been advising me. I went to do my monthly cleaning of my case and found that one of my fans on my video card was dying, causing my card to overheat and shut down my computer. I have since ordered, received and installed my new video card, so I'm back in business. Thanks again for the help :)
  • leilailaleilaila Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Don't know if this fits in here but I've been having constant crashes for today and yesterday, the game runs for 5 to 10 minutes and then crashes suddenly with no apparent reason. (Done that in battles, after battles, when browsing inventory, looking at character sheet etc) I do have MSI afterburner, but disabling that didn't affect the crashes at all.

I have similar problem - my game crashes rght after I close "Welcome to NW" window and move my mouse... and around 12hours before I could play normally! T.T