test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.47

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Patch Notes (PC)
This build is set to go live at 7AM PDT on 6/7/13.

Gameplay
  • Guardian Fighter: Into the Fray: This power no longer stacks when used by several Guardian Fighters in the same party.

Item
  • The Knight Captain's set no longer stacks if multiple Guardian Fighters with the set are partied together.
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• Options
    vladinvladin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    great patch
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So where did you say the patch notes went?
  • Options
    blackhawke90blackhawke90 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And Guardian fighter is dead...
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hmmm... more explanation as to how your patching process works and the priority is determined would probably be very useful to the members of the community. Reading this, it seems strange that it would be so important to put this patch into production at a cost of 1.5 hours of downtime for 2 nerfs. Last time I checked, people complained that fighters were already far too weak and the "balance patch" addressed this. Unless these were connected to some exploit, it seems strange that it would be this important to get these changes out now.

Thoughts?
  • Options
    grtaylorgrtaylor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited June 2013
    What does the ability "Into the Fray" do?
  • Options
    megacordymegacordy Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So is the Knight captains set accautly going to "GIVE US" the buff instead of party members?
  • Options
    snakesandcakessnakesandcakes Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vortican wrote: »
    Unless these were connected to some exploit, it seems strange that it would be this important to get these changes out now.

Do you know what bonus the Knights Captain's set gives and how it stacks?
  • Options
    xeromus20xeromus20 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Guardian Fighter clearly dead because an exploit that was allowing them to flood the market with any dungeon loot by practically 1-shotting mobs is fixed..
    Paradigm - Instigator Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer - 13k GS
    Instigate and Eradicate
    Alek Silverkin - Sentinel Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer - 11k GS
    How do you kill that which gets tankier the more you hit it?
  • Options
    sorrowswindssorrowswinds Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    Hmmm... more explanation as to how your patching process works and the priority is determined would probably be very useful to the members of the community. Reading this, it seems strange that it would be so important to put this patch into production at a cost of 1.5 hours of downtime for 2 nerfs. Last time I checked, people complained that fighters were already far too weak and the "balance patch" addressed this. Unless these were connected to some exploit, it seems strange that it would be this important to get these changes out now.

Thoughts?

The stacking effects occurring from these issues was unintended and a bug likely is my best guess.
    eIZAVOi.jpg
  • Options
    thecookiemunsterthecookiemunster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wait, the servers are going down for an hour and a half for two tiny GF nerfs for things that not even 1% of GF's do?
    Priorities.
    If you want to take an entire 90 minutes to fix something, at least fix something noteworthy. Or at the very least swap in some of those highly anticipated fixes you already have sitting in waiting for launch day.
  • Options
    hochramihochrami Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Into the Fray - AOE Buff - increases party Run Speed, Action Point generation and grants them a percentage of your Max HPs as temporary HPs. Points increase the magnitude of the Run Speed buff.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Guardian is dead because Into the Fray was the ONLY reason you'd ever invite them to dungeons. If it doesn't stack, there's literally no reason to ever have more than 1, and by themselves they're sort of a meh class as it is. Easily replaced by a rogue.
  • Options
    daghenedaghene Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have trouble converting the patch time to my local(italian) time to understand how much it'll take. Any tips?
  • Options
    yalper1337yalper1337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    grtaylor wrote: »
    What does the ability "Into the Fray" do?
    movementspeed- & apgainbuff
  • Options
    hochramihochrami Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xeromus20 wrote: »
    Guardian Fighter clearly dead because an exploit that was allowing them to flood the market with any dungeon loot by practically 1-shotting mobs is fixed..

Thought that was the Valiant Warrior set that was bugged.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Do you know what bonus the Knights Captain's set gives and how it stacks?

No. That is partially why I suggested that more information would be helpful to understanding why this was necessary.
  • Options
    utaniautania Member Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    Does seem like a waste of downtime, unless they also need to bring the servers down due to memory leaks and other server maintenance.
  • Options
    xnoobnessxxnoobnessx Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wait, the servers are going down for an hour and a half for two tiny GF nerfs for things that not even 1% of GF's do?
    Priorities.
    If you want to take an entire 90 minutes to fix something, at least fix something noteworthy. Or at the very least swap in some of those highly anticipated fixes you already have sitting in waiting for launch day.

It's easy for you to say...ayt?

BTW, tnx for the fix.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No. That is partially why I suggested that more information would be helpful to understanding why this was necessary.

If you had multiple GFs with this set, you could get the power stat into the millions and one shot your way through epic dungeons.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    utania wrote: »
    Does seem like a waste of downtime, unless they also need to bring the servers down due to memory leaks and other server maintenance.

Well, a memory leak is a symptom of a problem to fix, so I'd hope they found the cause of the leak and found a fix before they downed the servers, in which case they'd probably be mentioning it as part of the patch notes. I also don't think these issues really qualify as "maintenance." What you've described is maintenance. These sound like balance issues or bug fixes. That's just a grammatical quibble, I suppose.

Boy, I wish I could amuse myself right now by crafting many, many pairs of pants.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    If you had multiple GFs with this set, you could get the power stat into the millions and one shot your way through epic dungeons.

Ah, well it certainly makes sense to fix that! Don't know if it was that pressing of a problem though... but I digress. That's the kind of info I'd expect be included in the patch notes (WHY they're doing what they're doing and not just WHAT they're doing).
  • Options
    acoaco Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I love how one of the first few comments is "Guardian Fighter is dead". *Sigh* Really? Because of something that is an obvious bugfix? Take a look at all of the purple dungeon loot in the AH that costs, what? 500AD? I've been buying that off the AH for daaaays and saving it for when the economy evens out. You can buy the level 80 gear for less than the lower level gear in most cases! It's crazy. I'm glad they're making it more difficult. It won't kill the class, it'll simply change how it's played, and not even by much.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    utania wrote: »

Champions Online, Star Trek Online, and Cryptic's chat servers are all offline for the same scheduled maintenance so it is probably more than just the Neverwinter patch.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Boy, I wish I could amuse myself right now by crafting many, many pairs of pants.

This. Made me laugh much harder than I feel it should have, but I concur.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    It's not dead because of some dumb exploit, it's dead because Into the Fray got nerfed. I just love how the real issue is going unnoticed here while everyone freaks out over yet another exploit.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    It's not dead because of some dumb exploit, it's dead because Into the Fray got nerfed.

No. Into the Fray didn't get nerfed, it simply doesn't stack when multiple GF's use it. That's not really a nerf, it's a fix for something that was unintended. It does NOT break the class.
  • Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    GF finally get some attention, lol
  • Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aco wrote: »
    I love how one of the first few comments is "Guardian Fighter is dead". *Sigh* Really? Because of something that is an obvious bugfix? Take a look at all of the purple dungeon loot in the AH that costs, what? 500AD? I've been buying that off the AH for daaaays and saving it for when the economy evens out. You can buy the level 80 gear for less than the lower level gear in most cases! It's crazy. I'm glad they're making it more difficult. It won't kill the class, it'll simply change how it's played, and not even by much.

The point isn't that they fixed a bug. The point is there is a large list of issues that have been brought to PWE attention since day 3 of Open Beta. The problem is that NOT ONE of these issues have been fixed. Yet one bug pops up and they are all over it and even fix Into the Fray. Yet skills like Knights Valor remain broken.... etc

Yes there is a major patch that address some of the GF issues. However none of these got applied did they. Some of these updates are not enhancements or balancing some are just fixing broken stuff.

Am I upset with PWE over this yes... based on the statements above and that I had to pay them real money to respec and make my class playable in a broken game. Because PWE has failed to communicate with the community and has been very slow at responding to major class skill, feat, and mechanic bugs in a timely fashion.
  • Options
    utaniautania Member Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    Champions Online, Star Trek Online, and Cryptic's chat servers are all offline for the same scheduled maintenance so it is probably more than just the Neverwinter patch.

makes me feel a bit better, just bored working from home :)

Typically the downtime came just as skirmishes were about to bonus
  • Options
    edited June 2013

If this is the case then they are adding something to the infrastructure. Most likely networking enhancements. These bug fixes are more or less a bone and in my view a small jab at GF's open wounds.
This discussion has been closed.