Options

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.47

Comments

• Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    seraphid wrote: »
    coming up when? in next 5 years?

I believe they announced it is coming on June 20th when the game goes live.
  • Options
    blackhawke90blackhawke90 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    who the heck gets more than one GF in a group anyway? Wow, that's like spotting a bald eagle or something.

Exactly, GF are so rare you'd never get more than a single one in a PUG. When organizing parties, there isn't always going to be one of each class available at all times. Sometimes you'll have two people of the same class. In my guild, running 2 GF was perfectly okay because they made it easier for everyone else to pop dailies and generally be all around more useful. A single GF by itself is nothing more than a wasted slot as of right now. There are more useful classes to fill their role. Like I said before, hopefully things improve on the 20th.
  • Options
    bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    darklodus wrote: »
    I could see it now in PVP, "Everyone scatter, there is a wall of GF's coming for us! RUN! RUN AWAY FAST! AHHHHHH!!!"

darklodus

A "wall" of GFs in D&D is a brutal force, ridiculously soo. As it should be.

Though Pvp or PvE or otherwise is of no consequence. Its just a terrible force in fantasy lore.
  • Options
    inkiesquidinkiesquid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ...it would remove a lot of the "play to win" that people complain about.

Do people really complain about 'PLAY to win'..?
  • Options
    malkaviermalkavier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Except they weren't weak when there were 3 of them and 2 clerics in PvP, with all 3 GFs wearing this set and abusing how Into the Fray worked, they were near unkillable.
    How Cryptic trolls the entire NWO playerbase: 9200 GS listed for CN, implying anyone who needs more has no skill.
  • Options
    silverfox1313silverfox1313 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Then fix ALL stacking buffs. Wizards and Clerics I am sure still stack "Unintentionally" as you put it. Have you ever been in a PvP match with two clerics laying down healing circles on top of an entire group?
  • Options
    daervondaervon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    inkiesquid wrote: »
    Do people really complain about 'PLAY to win'..?

People will complain about anything...
  • Options
    daervondaervon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Then fix ALL stacking buffs. Wizards and Clerics I am sure still stack "Unintentionally" as you put it. Have you ever been in a PvP match with two clerics laying down healing circles on top of an entire group?

And if you'd bothered to read the big patch notes -- yeah, of that patch that's already on Test -- you'd see that those stacking issues are being addressed.
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cihuacoatl wrote: »
    I wish they fixed something like the infinite combat log growth bug. Mine is over 2GB in size...

In a few more weeks it will be larger than the entire game install at this rate.

You are aware that you can delete the combat log with no issues right?
  • Options
    vyldorvyldor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    myself, I would have appreciated them addressing the queue system, which currently is not working....
  • Options
    mandragore139mandragore139 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    This build is set to go live at 7AM PDT on 6/7/13.

Gameplay
    • Guardian Fighter: Into the Fray: This power no longer stacks when used by several Guardian Fighters in the same party.

Item
    • The Knight Captain's set no longer stacks if multiple Guardian Fighters with the set are partied together.

Please post the Patch notes BEFORE you apply the patch. This does not extend to Exploits though.

Otherwise you will always play with our expectations, especially if you announce a mammoth patch that fixes everything. ;)
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Please post the Patch notes BEFORE you apply the patch. This does not extend to Exploits though.

Otherwise you will always play with our expectations, especially if you announce a mammoth patch that fixes everything. ;)

The big patch has already been announced for June 20th. However you can check it out now on the preview server.
  • Options
    shadok92shadok92 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Woah, is it just me or did they actually nerf something before it went public? :O This was out for a bit, but it only went public late last night if the Knight Captain armor prices are any form of an indicator.
  • Options
    delionivercourtdelionivercourt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited June 2013
    seraphid wrote: »
    considering 1 patch like this per1 or 2 weeks, it will take about 7.5 years to do everything listed there http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=907501

Its already done on the test shard and will be implemented along with the free respec tokens they have let people know about, on the 20th
  • Options
    vontommyvontommy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Still no fix or comment on the in-game mail issues?
  • Options
    gummibear2gummibear2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2013

funny you say that, cause this IS actually a bug/exploit fix
  • Options
    xiolinxiolin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How big is this patch? I've been patching for quite a while now :/
    Xilly The Silly Dwarf of Eyrda :P
    Waiting for a cool sig T.T
  • Options
    maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
    edited June 2013
    This is probably the most odd thing I have ever seen.

Why nerf the guardian now? A class who is already not on the wanted list for many parties. Couldn't this had waited until the balance and game update?
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The knights captain set - ok sure, it was too powerful.

Nerfing into the fray? Blargh - over reaction because a few players said it was good.

Even 5 guardians using into the fray was NOT that great. 4 rogues and a cleric could clear dungeons WAY faster. Guardians with instant dailies are still terrible compared to rogues, thats how unbalanced the game is.

I mean the run speed buff stacking was not op, it was weaker than a single steal time.

I could see you guys fixing the fact the buffs multiplied, and instead made them additive.. But completely removing the stacking was going too far on into the fray, it was not that powerful, and youve ruined any reason to ever put 2 guardians together now.

And people saying having more then 1 guardian in a group was exploiting: NO. Thats like saying they should ban every cleric in the game whos ever grouped with another cleric.

If class abilities stack well, thats how he game worked. It may be overpowered, it was not a bug.

The knight set, perhaps it was bugged. Into the fray, I don't agree was bugged, it was a strong ability with good synergy.

At the end of the day, the weakest class got nerfed, because a set of armor got bugged.

If the armor wasn't bugged, the class itself wouldn't of been nerfed.

It's not fair, and its unfortunate.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • Options
    acekill3r420acekill3r420 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lawl glad im have my timeless hero set and just i sold a knight captains helm for 700k yesterday lmaoo what a stroke of luckkk... ohh well what are ppl doing with t1 sets anyways XD
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cihuacoatl wrote: »
    I wish they fixed something like the infinite combat log growth bug. Mine is over 2GB in size...

In a few more weeks it will be larger than the entire game install at this rate.

It is not a bug, it simply never stops growing. You can safely delete this file. I delete it every time it bubbles up in my defrag software, which is usually around a couple hundred megs worth.
  • Options
    cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    quit complaining and be glad they are fixing bugs.
  • Options
    kelestrakelestra Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited June 2013
    So; everyone else ready to make the "Preview Server" their home server?

Betacpetion!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Multi-Gaming Community Founded in 1999 ~ Casual/Hardcore Friendly ~ Ages 21+ Preferred
    Enjoy our Community @ www.vigilantaddiction.com & http://www.twitch.tv/team/vigilantaddiction
  • Options
    thezappfethezappfe Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not bad, but the assists nerf is awful.

You need to give healers something in pvp. Right now there's no incentive to heal pvp. Pretty soon there won't be any in it.

Also put up DPS and Heal charts.
  • Options
    snwo1snwo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That's... quite some patch...
  • Options
    kejser91kejser91 Member Posts: 76
    edited June 2013
    good hotfixes
  • Options
    twisted0utlawtwisted0utlaw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well i guess its better than no patch
  • Options
    brendo11121brendo11121 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    those 2 things make up 1500 MB? wtf?
  • Options
    lonemuffin1lonemuffin1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    After the update my 56GF and 22TR just vanished from my main account. ... What is going on?
  • Options
    no0b1no0b1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yah, 1589MB sized patch and change log just stating two updates....F***in Bull****

This game is really starting to pick my ***.

There is ****ups all over this thing.

FAIL and coming out in 13 days.

HAHAHAHAHA
This discussion has been closed.