Options

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.47

124»

Comments

• Options
    bloodletter24bloodletter24 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vortican wrote: »
    Hmmm... more explanation as to how your patching process works and the priority is determined would probably be very useful to the members of the community. Reading this, it seems strange that it would be so important to put this patch into production at a cost of 1.5 hours of downtime for 2 nerfs. Last time I checked, people complained that fighters were already far too weak and the "balance patch" addressed this. Unless these were connected to some exploit, it seems strange that it would be this important to get these changes out now.

Thoughts?

To weak???? LMAO!!!!! Trying fighting a good GF in pvp. Good luck. Oh even better try fighting 2 good GFs in pvp GOOD LUCK! Lets see you can hardly hurt them. They can 2 hit you and, they can pretty much keep you on the ground the hole time tell death.
  • Options
    bagladykillerbagladykiller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And Guardian fighter is dead...

Dead because everyone who played a GF exploited...right? Get real, this is an exploited bug getting fixed.
    no0b1 wrote: »
    Yah, 1589MB sized patch and change log just stating two updates....F***in Bull****

This game is really starting to pick my ***.

There is ****ups all over this thing.

No one is forcing you to play.....get lost if you think it's so bad.
    Then fix ALL stacking buffs. Wizards and Clerics I am sure still stack "Unintentionally" as you put it. Have you ever been in a PvP match with two clerics laying down healing circles on top of an entire group?

Read new module patch notes ffs.
  • Options
    airlianairlian Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ah, well it certainly makes sense to fix that! Don't know if it was that pressing of a problem though... but I digress. That's the kind of info I'd expect be included in the patch notes (WHY they're doing what they're doing and not just WHAT they're doing).

It was a problem like that that contributed to having to reroll everyone's characters due to the fact that a lot of end game items were flooding the AH, so it was quite a pressing problem. What I am surprised to read is that GFs still had the potential to one shot things and I thought they had fixed it. Which might be why they didn't explain the reason.

I can see why you want them to state the reason behind patches, but if they start discussing why they fix some bugs first instead of others for every patch, it will not really get anyone anywhere as you'll still have people arguing their choices.

You'll still have people say things like, "Surely it shouldn't take you long to just do this!"

When you debug something, sometimes you need to get rid of some stuff before you can get rid of the others. Or, in the case of this particular game where some resourcers are shared with others, since they have to take the network down they might as well patch what they CAN in that downtime. Other things will just take longer to patch or need more testing etc. There are lots of reasons why they patch things the way they do.
  • Options
    biggiehugebiggiehuge Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    no0b1 wrote: »
    Yah, 1589MB sized patch and change log just stating two updates....F***in Bull****

This game is really starting to pick my ***.

There is ****ups all over this thing.

FAIL and coming out in 13 days.

HAHAHAHAHA

I have to agree, these patches are hilarious, another f2p game Path of Exile has patches that actualy do something, they aren't released on daily basis but quite frequently. I'm not saying that this is a bad game, I quite enjoy it but some things tick me off, like for example I can pick up daily quest for zone that doesn't even exist yet, I can also visit a vendor and find out that he is selling some training books that are "comming out soon".
  • Options
    uncag3duncag3d Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hmmm... more explanation as to how your patching process works and the priority is determined would probably be very useful to the members of the community. Reading this, it seems strange that it would be so important to put this patch into production at a cost of 1.5 hours of downtime for 2 nerfs. Last time I checked, people complained that fighters were already far too weak and the "balance patch" addressed this. Unless these were connected to some exploit, it seems strange that it would be this important to get these changes out now.

Thoughts?

yes put a few gfs in a party it restacks itself an you get 1m-8m power an 1 shot bosses
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
    From #1 Guild Pve/Pvp [ Lemonade Stand ]
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    fighting a good GF in pvp. you can hardly hurt them. They can 2 hit you and, they can pretty much keep you on the ground the hole time tell death.

You're a GWF, aren't you?
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    derperzderperz Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What's with this patch ? I patched the game once and now everytime I log out the launcher starts updating AGAIN ?!

Patching one time isn't enough or what ?! Fix your game already **** .
  • Options
    captainviriiguycaptainviriiguy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Going live when? I can't even get it to run anymore now.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    derperz wrote: »
    What's with this patch ? I patched the game once and now everytime I log out the launcher starts updating AGAIN ?!

Patching one time isn't enough or what ?! Fix your game already **** .

The patch that you get when you log out is the prepatch for the big balance and gameplay patch. This is to so you don't have to download all of it when the patch goes live. You can safely close the client if you don't want to be downloading the prepatch right now.
  • Options
    shupey1234shupey1234 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just curious why such a small patch is 1.5GB according to my launcher?
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    shupey1234 wrote: »
    Just curious why such a small patch is 1.5GB according to my launcher?

It is not. That is the prepatch. Which is why it comes up after you exit the game.
  • Options
    liontadpoleliontadpole Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am somewhat confused by your patching process: Could someone clarify?

Start the client-login fine-upon exit it starts the download a 1.5 gig patch

-Cancel that restart client-you can login and play without downloading the patch

Question: Is this large 1.5gig patch that is being downloaded upon logout in preparation for a later launch, meaning we don't really need to have it now?

If not and these are necessary files (may have client crashes if I login as noted above) it would be useful to know so clients can prioritize how to respond/budget play time.
  • Options
    lifeafterdeath99lifeafterdeath99 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am somewhat confused by your patching process: Could someone clarify?

Start the client-login fine-upon exit it starts the download a 1.5 gig patch

-Cancel that restart client-you can login and play without downloading the patch

Question: Is this large 1.5gig patch that is being downloaded upon logout in preparation for a later launch, meaning we don't really need to have it now?

If not and these are necessary files (may have client crashes if I login as noted above) it would be useful to know so clients can prioritize how to respond/budget play time.

and it`s saterday! i cant play for a holl day slow download speed my god
  • Options
    crowhowlercrowhowler Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    WTH IS THESE <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> PATCH? allways when i launch the game ist sais 2G downloading? really? WHY????? fix that!!
  • Options
    crowhowlercrowhowler Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    it cant cancel -.- really heavy
  • Options
    ethem44ethem44 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah its unreal , i dont see announce for this prepatch...
    Can you give more information for this download?
  • Options
    centralcalcentralcal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Come on PW! Whats with the patch? I was able to log on and play for a little while, went AFK to eat lunch, got booted to the login screen and now I have been waiting ( apparently with a lot of other players) to DL another patch. I have been sitting at 73% for a while now. It certainly isnt any fun waiting to DL a patch during the time I had available to play this weekend.:(
  • Options
    mikeinhifimikeinhifi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just finished a 2 hour session and upon exiting I got the 1.5GB patch. It's nearly done now but just curious as to what it is.
  • Options
    irritatedcanineirritatedcanine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    centralcalcentralcal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    HMMM, I went AFK while the patch was DL'ing, come back to my PC and I have been disconnected AND the patch is now 2 GB instead of 1.5? Nice work in a not so PW.....
  • Options
    watever2watever2 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ummm 1589 MB just to do that? Why bother with patch notes if you're not gonna bother telling us what you've done? And have you fixed the BUGS! Hello? Fix the issues with the game/foundry first guys.
  • Options
    prokitoprokito Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How can I fix this?

Error 36: A file was locked that could not be open for writing
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    watever2 wrote: »
    Ummm 1589 MB just to do that? Why bother with patch notes if you're not gonna bother telling us what you've done? And have you fixed the BUGS! Hello? Fix the issues with the game/foundry first guys.

The 1589 is the prepatch for the major update that fixes a ton of bugs and not this patch. The prepatch should only come up after you exit the game and is not required to play currently.
  • Options
    lonemuffin1lonemuffin1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So no one but me had my characters wiped? This is frustrating.
  • Options
    b0rn69b0rn69 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lonemuffin I had my characters wiped too how do we fix this problem anyone???
  • Options
    candipcandip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wow 1589mb patch , I should say its extensive!! ;))
  • Options
    jarrryyjarrryy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    "New Perform in Traditional Sebum," Modern Paintings by New You are able to traditional artist Mireille Duchesne, will be showed at the Geary Collection through This summer.Born in Normandy, Italy, and a citizen of Goldens Link, N.Y., Duchenese dropped in really like with the Impressionistic art of Claude Monet and others."Painting is my interest, my lifestyle," said Duchenese. Famous Paintings "I am discussing with my center in my paintings."Duchenese obtained a official knowledge at the Lycee of Le Havre and a masters level in France from the School of Rouen, but it was at The Academie des Beaux-Arts (Academy of Excellent Arts) where she took innovative sessions in illustrating and paintings and discovered her creative speech.
  • Options
    nawni3nawni3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    prokito wrote: »
    How can I fix this?

Error 36: A file was locked that could not be open for writing

right click the neverwinter folder and go to properties uncheck read only hit apply then try updating again if this does not work there is a longer way to do this which yields better results
This discussion has been closed.