test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.47

Comments

• Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I wish they fixed something like the infinite combat log growth bug. Mine is over 2GB in size...

In a few more weeks it will be larger than the entire game install at this rate.
  • Options
    acoaco Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They're scheduled to go live on the 20th. I'm sure major bugs will be fixed by then, and if not well... O_< idk what to say.
  • Options
    candipcandip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So it takes almost 2 hrs to fix this issue?? Not a lot of explanation here.
  • Options
    laudon1laudon1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    candip wrote: »
    So it takes almost 2 hrs to fix this issue?? Not a lot of explanation here.

they're usually done way earlier.
    Lemonade Stand.
    Dragon Guild
  • Options
    blackhawke90blackhawke90 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aco wrote: »
    No. Into the Fray didn't get nerfed, it simply doesn't stack when multiple GF's use it. That's not really a nerf, it's a fix for something that was unintended. It does NOT break the class.

By itself, no, but in conjunction with everything else, the class just isn't worth playing or running into dungeons with anymore. Bad enough we barely have any more survivability than the other classes (not counting rogue with their literal 4 second damage immunity, smoke bombs, deft strike, etc etc), our animations are slow, our block just plain doesn't work when you want it to, and damage is really subpar compared to literally every other class in the game. The only hope is to wait for June 20th and hope things get reworked so dramatically that GF becomes viable again.
  • Options
    fragilevyoletfragilevyolet Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am agreeing with everyone who has pointed out the obvious lack of information the patch notes have given us and would very much like a ore detailed patch note update, there is a lot of issues in this beta which a lot of us have been pointing out and non of it is being addressed or at least very slowly. I understand this is a very big issue which can cause dungeons to be very easily cleared but there are a lot of other issues which need to be addressed. Can you not take more time on the patches or at least utilize more the of 1.5hours you use to fix these 2 issues to get some other people working on some other issues which are occurring? Otherwise i see this beta taking a very long time... Or at least on release still dealing with the same bugs.
  • Options
    seraphidseraphid Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    considering 1 patch like this per1 or 2 weeks, it will take about 7.5 years to do everything listed there http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=907501
  • Options
    skylia120410skylia120410 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    they are fixing something, you all yell and scream when they don't and when they do it isn't a enough or the wrg thing.
    maybe you missed the balance and gameplay notes from yesterday they are fixing a number of issues with all classes soon (something I don't personally don't want rushed). this is a bug that needed a fixed they coded fix.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character handle:@skylia120410
    (www.gwfnw.weebly.com)
    GWF GUIDE SITE: Still being worked on not 60 yet
    Divine Misfits (one of the Guild Leaders)(Guild Site Manager)
    www.divinemisfits.guildlaunch.com
  • Options
    ssessssess Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think this fix is needed for Gauntlgrym, would be too op to have a party of 10 GF's allowing the whole party to oneshot everything. would be a strange pvp tho!

well, whats next to the agenda? bulwark is fixxed too right?
  • Options
    wurlipuswurlipus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Players may no longer be kicked from PvP maps unless they are disconnected.
    Players must now participate in a PvP match to qualify for its rewards.
    Players no longer get points for Assists if they do not deal damage to the target player.

We are aware that this puts healers at a point disadvantage; we are looking into solutions for a future update.

This will be epic fail with the amount of bot you have in PVP i would say 99% or more of people removed from games is because they are afk or a bot.This just make me think you are aware of all the botting and don't care to fix that which leaves me to think you care nothing about the PVP environment.also on top of that this will make me not want to play my Cleric in pvp anymore because i cant get assist for contesting ,doesn't seem far that rouge wiz and class that play for kills will be getting more glory for doing what they do best but i my class gets punished. hope the solution comes faster then fixing the issue where when ppl leave pvp battle they don't get replaced.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    they are fixing something, you all yell and scream when they don't and when they do it isn't a enough or the wrg thing.
    maybe you missed the balance and gameplay notes from yesterday they are fixing a number of issues with all classes soon (something I don't personally don't want rushed). this is a bug that needed a fixed they coded fix.

Yup. Plus the maintenance is not just for this fix. It's their entire set of servers, not just neverwinter. I just wish I could play with the Foundry while I wait....
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    seraphid wrote: »
    considering 1 patch like this per1 or 2 weeks, it will take about 7.5 years to do everything listed there http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=907501

That would assume that the amount of downtime is dependent upon how many items are getting fixed. While a very large patch might take longer due to extra checks before turning upon the servers, a very small patch to deal with some exploits isn't going to take less time than the standard patch downtime.
  • Options
    skylia120410skylia120410 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yup. Plus the maintenance is not just for this fix. It's their entire set of servers, not just neverwinter. I just wish I could play with the Foundry while I wait....

I am with u on the foundry thing LOL but I got a grocery list to make so I am surviving
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character handle:@skylia120410
    (www.gwfnw.weebly.com)
    GWF GUIDE SITE: Still being worked on not 60 yet
    Divine Misfits (one of the Guild Leaders)(Guild Site Manager)
    www.divinemisfits.guildlaunch.com
  • Options
    megacordymegacordy Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Shut up you pest!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ssess wrote: »
    I think this fix is needed for Gauntlgrym, would be too op to have a party of 10 GF's allowing the whole party to oneshot everything.

That.... is a very valid point.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I am with u on the foundry thing LOL but I got a grocery list to make so I am surviving

I'm just sitting here waiting to go to work. Q_Q I hope they're done super early.
  • Options
    fragilevyoletfragilevyolet Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cihuacoatl wrote: »
    The point isn't that they fixed a bug. The point is there is a large list of issues that have been brought to PWE attention since day 3 of Open Beta. The problem is that NOT ONE of these issues have been fixed. Yet one bug pops up and they are all over it and even fix Into the Fray. Yet skills like Knights Valor remain broken.... etc

Yes there is a major patch that address some of the GF issues. However none of these got applied did they. Some of these updates are not enhancements or balancing some are just fixing broken stuff.

Am I upset with PWE over this yes... based on the statements above and that I had to pay them real money to respec and make my class playable in a broken game. Because PWE has failed to communicate with the community and has been very slow at responding to major class skill, feat, and mechanic bugs in a timely fashion.

I think its redicilous that you need to pay ZEN for respec of powers but not for feats, I think you should be able to use astral diamonds for both but hey, not like that will ever happen just like they'll never implament AD trading.

I doubt they will ever fix this game properly at this rate... it seem to be a non stop avalanche of issues which they seem to be ignoring.
  • Options
    darklodusdarklodus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    ssess wrote: »
    I think this fix is needed for Gauntlgrym, would be too op to have a party of 10 GF's allowing the whole party to oneshot everything. would be a strange pvp tho!

I could see it now in PVP, "Everyone scatter, there is a wall of GF's coming for us! RUN! RUN AWAY FAST! AHHHHHH!!!"

darklodus
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    darklodus wrote: »
    I could see it now in PVP, "Everyone scatter, there is a wall of GF's coming for us! RUN! RUN AWAY FAST! AHHHHHH!!!"

darklodus

I would cry. Then collect as much T1 equipment as I could in the dungeon, then cry some more.
  • Options
    daervondaervon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think its redicilous that you need to pay ZEN for respec of powers but not for feats, I think you should be able to use astral diamonds for both but hey, not like that will ever happen just like they'll never implament AD trading.

I guess you missed the part where -- gasp -- you can trade Astral Diamonds for ZEN! At the current exchange rate (about 280 AD per 1 ZEN on Dragon server) you will need about 168k AD to buy the ZEN required for a Respec token. No money out of your pocket whatsoever. Cry more?

And please, don't start with "Oh, but SOMEONE must have paid real money to buy the ZEN to put on the exchange for me to buy for ADs" <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Of course someone must have paid money -- and will continue to pay money, if the devs continue providing an entertaining game for people to play. Otherwise how do you suppose PW will make money off of the game to continue paying the devs and supporting it?

Seriously...
  • Options
    edited June 2013

I doubt they will ever fix this game properly at this rate... it seem to be a non stop avalanche of issues which they seem to be ignoring.

but do u know respec token respec ur powers, feats and str/int/cha... etc points?its better to buy token for around 170k ad than respec only feats for 150 k
  • Options
    dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think either they should hire more programmers than the 4 they have now (guess), or they should fire 92 out of 100 the programmers they have on neverwinter. either they dont have enough ppl to do some work and fix stuff, or they are lazy, or they have some weird infrastructure among programmers so that only a few programm stuff and never talk to eachother about the stuff they try to fix, just to one of their 80 bosses (who sit on their lazy asses doing nothing xD)...

or they are busy developing new content, ofc. :).
    though I think they should have at least 7-8 programmers on the bug fixes, as this is an open beta and they want to fix stuff before launch and there is a HUGE list of stuff that needs fixing.

[edit] I take my words back!
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=907501 someone posted this. It's a list of things that have been fixed and that will be tested properly before rolling it out to everyone. good job!
  • Options
    agiletalentagiletalent Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I love how one of the first few comments is "Guardian Fighter is dead". *Sigh* Really? Because of something that is an obvious bugfix? Take a look at all of the purple dungeon loot in the AH that costs, what? 500AD? I've been buying that off the AH for daaaays and saving it for when the economy evens out. You can buy the level 80 gear for less than the lower level gear in most cases! It's crazy. I'm glad they're making it more difficult. It won't kill the class, it'll simply change how it's played, and not even by much.

I agree that GFs aren't going to be impacted by this - if they were dead, they were dead before this.

I'd also add - who the heck gets more than one GF in a group anyway? Wow, that's like spotting a bald eagle or something.

Having said that, I don't know what shard you're on, but finding epic loot on the auction on Beholder at 500AD is NOT happening. You can get geared in T1 for 140k AD or so, and T2 (now) for about 200kAD, but 500AD?? Uh, no.

Having said that, what they really need to do is make all Tiered "sets" BOP. That would staunch the bleeding in the playerbase numbers because it would remove a lot of the "play to win" that people complain about.
  • Options
    sorrowswindssorrowswinds Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    dillygirl wrote: »
    I think either they should hire more programmers than the 4 they have now (guess), or they should fire 92 out of 100 the programmers they have on neverwinter. either they dont have enough ppl to do some work and fix stuff, or they are lazy, or they have some weird infrastructure among programmers so that only a few programm stuff and never talk to eachother about the stuff they try to fix, just to one of their 80 bosses (who sit on their lazy asses doing nothing xD)...

or they are busy developing new content, ofc. :).
    though I think they should have at least 7-8 programmers on the bug fixes, as this is an open beta and they want to fix stuff before launch and there is a HUGE list of stuff that needs fixing.

Not sure if serious

Did you not see all the huge changes coming up and a xpac?!
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=885581
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=907501
    eIZAVOi.jpg
  • Options
    daervondaervon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dillygirl wrote: »

Given that they've already released the patch notes for the big patch -- rather extensive patch notes, I might add -- and that this patch is already on the Test server... I don't see what the issue is?

The downtime is a scheduled maintenance -- apparently not just for Neverwinter either. The fact they're also pushing a bug fix simply means that a) they feel it's significant enough to push to Live regardless of how well it's been tested or b) it's minor enough to have been tested properly and warrant pushing to Live.

I doubt many people would be excited if they pushed the big changes on Live and then it turned out THAT patch broke more than it fixed.

If you're doubting how much work they put in fixing the game, then go on the Test server and check out what's coming in the next couple of weeks.
  • Options
    grimaldesgrimaldes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just want to know if that Knight captain set bonus is applying correctly. Is the tooltip a typo and group buff is intentional...or is the tooltip correct and the effect is another bug?
  • Options
    silverfox1313silverfox1313 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Are these the only stacking buffs in the game, and if not, why not target all stacking buffs. Why target ONE class?? You realize the attrition rate of players getting kicked in T1 and T2 dungeons. Out of all the things you could have fixed... Such a disappointment...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Not sure if serious

Did you not see all the huge changes coming up and a xpac?!
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=885581
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=907501

coming up when? in next 5 years?
  • Options
    airlianairlian Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    daghene wrote: »
    I have trouble converting the patch time to my local(italian) time to understand how much it'll take. Any tips?

Fellow Italian here. Try this: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
  • Options
    airlianairlian Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    seraphid wrote: »
    coming up when? in next 5 years?

If you bother to actually read the links, it says, "In addition to our launch date, we're revealing the first Module for Neverwinter: Fury of the Feywild. As revealed on May 9, 2013, the upcoming free content expansion for Neverwinter will be due this summer."
This discussion has been closed.