What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Doom and Gloom Thread Posters-

Comments

• Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    agreed- not a blind loyalist here, just someone enjoying the game for what it is, not what it isnt.

Then why the inflammatory thread?

Expecting this to do ANYTHING but spark off another flametacular encounter?

Doom threads, should always be treated with the same indifference and reaction. Report it, say something amusing then move on.

meanwhile seen as this thread is devoid of awesome.

EPIC WIN TRAILER
  • Options
    chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, because liking a game but posting negative feedback on what could be done better is so unreasonable. No one is forcing the OP to read the forums either, just like no one is forcing those that dont like exploits to play the game, but yet here they are, carrying on about people providing feedback (s)he doesnt agree with.

People who post the honest criticism are the ones helping make the game better, not those who mindlessly defend regardless of circumstance.
  • Options
    urlagurlag Member Posts: 68
    edited June 2013
    @chai23
    most of the "constructive" feedback is posted with no serious thought to it's cause and effect

its just "this is what i want, make it happen"
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    urlag wrote: »
    @chai23
    most of the "constructive" feedback is posted with no serious thought to it's cause and effect

its just "this is what i want, make it happen"

Thats fine. Thats one customer basically saying my game experience would be better if (fill in the blank with what user wants).

Id toss the OPs question right back at them, how does it affect you if someone else provides feedback, in any way shape or form.
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited June 2013
    Games need people who can express why a game isn't working and what should be addressed. What games don't need are asshats making snarky derogatory comments twelve to sixteen hours a day. Honestly when a forum poster is reported a look at the posting history should be done, if you can go back a full month of nonconstructive comments they should just be banned, they really aren't offering anything constructive to the discussion and basically just want to disrupt the forums.

You can look at their post history too, and report, you know. Moderation points are cumulative; if the community team assigns points, after a while they start losing access. People have gone from 24 hour timeout to permanent ban in 5-point violation increments.

The system works, it's just not immediate, nor should it be; people often calm down once they've been warned, and people who need a timeout often calm down after the first. Everybody loses their cool sometimes, and the chronic offenders can't control themselves forever.

In the meantime, don't forget you can ignore individual posters.
  • Options
    quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    How did this exploit affect YOUR gameplay is what I would like to know? If you are dissatisfied, go play another game. No one is forcing you to stay here.
    This particular issue is meh. But things like pvp balancing affect everyone and are hella broken right now. See my threads on Tene/Greater Plague Fire for lols. And ways to one shot anyone in pvp. Durrrr. Pull out them wallets folks its time to buy a nuke that one shots anyone in the game durrrr. But seriously potentially fun game is balanced and in no danger of losing players .
  • Options
    skylia120410skylia120410 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I think it is more about how the negative feedback is reported most people post negative feedback screaming and demanding such and such be fixed or they'll quit

if you have issues with that game why not attempt to be respectful in the post so that is constructive and actually makes sense

something like: I noticed the other day in such and such pve dungeon I was kicked for the simple fact I was a GWF can we work on balancing GWFs so other classes would understand their importance. etc

not this: OMG GWFs ARE HORRIBLE YOU ARE IGNORING THEM I CAN'T PLAY END-GAME I AM GONNA QUIT IF THE NEXT PATCH DOESN'T ADDRESS THIS ISSUE

I like my gwf I am not blind I know tweaks are needed but at the same time I don't feel like the entire class is completely broken but in order for changes to be made to have to offer respectful comments with intelligent ideas to fix it if you don't have an idea on how to fix it then ok but you still need to phrase concerns respectfully or else they will most def. be overlooked.

Also screaming on the forums that the game is dead doesn't help this when people might be searching the forums to get valid points before deciding on it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character handle:@skylia120410
    (www.gwfnw.weebly.com)
    GWF GUIDE SITE: Still being worked on not 60 yet
    Divine Misfits (one of the Guild Leaders)(Guild Site Manager)
    www.divinemisfits.guildlaunch.com
  • Options
    chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I vote that for every idiot posting doom and gloom materials on this forum in regards to Neverwinter should have a custom costume forced on their character consisting of a diaper and a bib.

Enjoy the game and the content that was built for your enjoyment. If this is not fun for you then head over to mmorpg .com and try out the countless other games that are on there.

Someone put a diaper on this man. This is supposed to be open beta, which, as defined in the history of video games, is a period of time when players provide FEEDBACK on the game, whether positive or negative. Duh.
  • Options
    urlagurlag Member Posts: 68
    edited June 2013
    any type of feedback will affect the playerbase, no matter if it is positive, negative, or neutral.

negative will spawn more negative
    positive will attract the negative (and to a lesser extent, more positive)
    and neutral wil just not be constructive and will offer no help to either side, instead of waiting to see which side wins, so they can join it

these base situations with feedback have happened on all types of forums for years, and will not change anytime soon, even if the change started right now.

it's the biggest reason for the decline of the satisfied gamer
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    urlag wrote: »
    any type of feedback will affect the playerbase, no matter if it is positive, negative, or neutral.

negative will spawn more negative
    positive will attract the negative (and to a lesser extent, more positive)
    and neutral wil just not be constructive and will offer no help to either side, instead of waiting to see which side wins, so they can join it

these base situations with feedback have happened on all types of forums for years, and will not change anytime soon, even if the change started right now.

it's the biggest reason for the decline of the satisfied gamer

This is the difference between "opinion" and "opinionated"
  • Options
    dreadlegacydreadlegacy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    Someone put a diaper on this man. This is supposed to be open beta, which, as defined in the history of video games, is a period of time when players provide FEEDBACK on the game, whether positive or negative. Duh.

open beta this is not. When my $ is taken for in-game items with no wipe or refund available means this is a launch. Like I said before, enjoy the game for what it is and not for what it isn't. If it's not to your satisfaction then by all means, take your toys and go home.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    open beta this is not. When my $ is taken for in-game items with no wipe or refund available means this is a launch. Like I said before, enjoy the game for what it is and not for what it isn't. If it's not to your satisfaction then by all means, take your toys and go home.

I agree that when money changes hands the beta tag isnt really relevant, however...

...its usually the mindless defenders who are screaming its open beta as an excuse for everything, but here that backfires, because if they want to call it open beta they have to accept 100% of all feedback provided, because thats part of what a beta is.
  • Options
    andomiindandomiind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's officially an open beta, end of story.
    Dunno why, but, I get a sudden urge to just grab a chainsaw and go doooom..

doom2hellon-earth_016E000000007998.jpg
  • Options
    dreadlegacydreadlegacy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    if we look at this objectively we can all agree that this game release was not in line with the amount of hype it generated. Could it have used a bit more baking in to resolve the issues? The answer is a resounding YES. Would there still be exploits and other tom tom foolery? Absolutely if the coding is weak. So where does that leave us players now? Well you will always have your troll patrol out there that jump from game to game every 6 weeks complaining about everything under the sun about each game leaving them unsatisfied with the game mechanics/community or whatever. Then you have a portion of the troll patrol that will come to the forums and preach doom and gloom for the game with their "If XYZ doesnt get fixed I'm quitting and taking 750,000 friends along with me". Another portion of the troll patrol make it their existence in life to try and break whatever they can by going through the4 game code line item by line item looking for a way to look e-cool by creating exploits that would not be found via standard game play... (AH, dupes, 100% gem fusion...), these trolls are often the same ones that play non stop for a week straight skipping through the majority of the content in their mad dash to the level cap and wonder why there is nothing left for them to do.

That pretty much in my estimation accounts for around 40% of the player base- 40% that wont spend more than a month on the game and at the most maybe have a total spend of $20 each? The remaining 60% is what Cryptic and PW are focusing on. The ones that actually fund the game with their CS buys as well as the digital consumer who plays through the content and spends between 6 to 18 months on the game enjoying it for what it is.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    63% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

65% of the time it works every time.

Just like you asked in this thread how the exploit affected their gameplay, implying they have nothing to complain about unless they were directly affected, the same question can be asked of you - how does other people providing their feedback affect your gameplay?
  • Options
    itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Source wikipedia
    Open beta
    "Developers release either a closed beta or an open beta; closed beta versions are released to a restricted group of individuals for a user test by invitation, while open beta testers are from a larger group, or anyone interested. The testers report any bugs that they find, and sometimes suggest additional features they think should be available in the final version.
    Open betas serve the dual purpose of demonstrating a product to potential consumers, and testing among an extremely wide user base likely to bring to light obscure errors that a much smaller testing team might not find."

That's odd, it doesn't say anything about a consumer shop being present ore not?
    And i seem to fail at finding the text inside the EULA stating u are forced to spend money upon instal?
    Is it me ore do some people fail to understand some basic things?

Edit : also where is all the doom and gloom i expected to find in this thread, very disapointed in u OP :(
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • Options
    lilmonkey222lilmonkey222 Banned Users Posts: 296 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    itheryel wrote: »
    Source wikipedia
    Open beta
    "Developers release either a closed beta or an open beta; closed beta versions are released to a restricted group of individuals for a user test by invitation, while open beta testers are from a larger group, or anyone interested. The testers report any bugs that they find, and sometimes suggest additional features they think should be available in the final version.
    Open betas serve the dual purpose of demonstrating a product to potential consumers, and testing among an extremely wide user base likely to bring to light obscure errors that a much smaller testing team might not find."

That's odd, it doesn't say anything about a consumer shop being present ore not?
    And i seem to fail at finding the text inside the EULA stating u are forced to spend money upon instal?

Edit : also where is all the doom and gloom i expected to find in this thread, very disapointed in u OP :(

You fail to understand basic English, that's for sure.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Source wikipedia
    Open beta

thanks for your googling Copernicus.
  • Options
    mackehmackeh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What a moronic thread .. ofc people are allowed to complain. PW aren't some bullied child .. they're a company that should be culpable for their problems (for me the biggest one right now is the woeful and inept levels of support), especially those relating to money people have spent.

So with the greatest respect .. keep your pathetic opinions to yourself.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    chai23 wrote: »
    63% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

65% of the time it works every time.

Just like you asked in this thread how the exploit affected their gameplay, implying they have nothing to complain about unless they were directly affected, the same question can be asked of you - how does other people providing their feedback affect your gameplay?

it affects my ability to wade through 2-4 pages of rubbish postings to find things that may be of potential interest to me.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Source wikipedia
    Open beta

Note the following in your quoted definition: Open betas serve the dual purpose of demonstrating a product to potential consumers.

Potential:

possible, as opposed to actual:

capable of being or becoming:

a potential consumer is not an actual consumer.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Note the following in your quoted definition: Open betas serve the dual purpose of demonstrating a product to potential consumers.

Potential:

possible, as opposed to actual:

capable of being or becoming:

a potential consumer is not an actual consumer.

#BURN 10 characters
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    it affects my ability to wade through 2-4 pages of rubbish postings to find things that may be of potential interest to me.

No it doesnt. No one forced you to read threads. Just like you claimed no one forced you to stay here.

You should be thanking the people who provide the criticism - they are doing the work to help make it a better game.

The defenders are just blanket dismissing all concern telling anyone and everyone to go play another game if they dont like it.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    @ chai23

Please link me the defenition for consumers and suporters = thx in advance much apreciated.
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    @ chai23

Please link me the defenition for consumers and suporters = thx in advance much apreciated.

When did "supporters" come into the picture. It certainly was not in your quoted definition that someone posted on the wiki, so absolutely has to be the only thing we can adhere to. The idea that "open beta" can be used to dismiss all concern is getting old.

"supporter" doesnt automagically imply or definitively state financial contribution either.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    When did "supporters" come into the picture. It certainly was not in your quoted definition that someone posted on the wiki, so absolutely has to be the only thing we can adhere to. The idea that "open beta" can be used to dismiss all concern is getting old.

"supporter" doesnt automagically imply or definitively state financial contribution either.

RedHerringBlurb.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    No it doesnt. No one forced you to read threads. Just like you claimed no one forced you to stay here.

You should be thanking the people who provide the criticism - they are doing the work to help make it a better game.

The defenders are just blanket dismissing all concern telling anyone and everyone to go play another game if they dont like it.

if someone saying "if you dont fix X-Y-Z problem I am quitting and taking all my e-freinds with me" is making this a better game then I am retiring from this post. I am all about fixing this game as I enjoy it- as a matter of fact I replied to PW's post requesting 20 things that you would change about NW- did all the doom and gloomers do the same?

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?320771-Interactive-Poll-The-Top-20-Fixes-You-d-Make-to-Neverwinter!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I would imagine a consumer is somebody who buys a product expecting it to be polished and shiny and not in open-beta

I imagine at the same time, somebody that buys things durring an open-beta is a suporter, since he wants to make the developers goal a reality by suporting the groundworks of the game with a fee.

I can understand that some people are suporting the game, and at the same time consider themselves consumers, yet they are two different things. So if u dont have the ideology presented by cryptic about the future of the game, why would u suport it?

Imo its quite easy, atm there are no consumers present in neverwinter open-beta, only suporters who wish to suport the completion of open-beta and be part of creating the final product.
    A potential consumer like u highlight it, would be somebody walking into a store, looking at neverwinter, and buying it. Having no pre knowledge of the game and its disfunctions(in its current state), however everybody spending money at this time durring open-beta have only thereselves to blame for spending that money. Im pretty sure they are all aware of the current state of the game. If not, only more reason to blame themselves.

@ spyke i dont mind, i got good bait.
  • Options
    andomiindandomiind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    eddie-murphy-coming-to-america.jpg
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I vote that for every idiot posting doom and gloom materials on this forum in regards to Neverwinter should have a custom costume forced on their character consisting of a diaper and a bib.

Enjoy the game and the content that was built for your enjoyment. If this is not fun for you then head over to mmorpg .com and try out the countless other games that are on there.

I see two reasons for this topic.
    1. You want to start an argument.
    2. You feel the need to be pat on the back, ie... attention *****.

What I don't see in this topic is anything that the devs can use to make the game better, or anything the players can use to get more out of the game. You are just another manifestation of the problems that haunt message boards.
This discussion has been closed.