test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Best DC Armour for PVP?

refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
edited June 2014 in The Temple
~
I noticed after my last PVP session I did not get any Glory - then I realised 50,000 is the cap!

DOH!

I was going to get a full set of Profound Armour in one go, but I cannot save up that much Glory. But which is the best? Is Deflect worth having, since the Deflect Severity is only 50%?

I have stood next to a TR on my team and we both got whacked with the same AoE from a CW, but even though I had a higher Defence score, I was reduced to 20% hp and the TR was reduced to only about 70%. But TRs have much better Deflect Severity. And he had a higher deflection stat as well.

Would the Max hp from Profound Faithful be better than Deflect from Profound Virtuous or Righteous?

I have 21 Virtuous Feats and 10 Righteous, so would the Virtuous Armour actually be better for me? I have high Power and Crit at the moment, but no Tenacity so i need some better armour. Do the Feats you use and the name of the Armour actually matter in any way at all? Do they actually complement that Feat path?

Also, if I buy one of the Banner artifacts for 40,000 Glory, can I use it to refine the ones I have, and how many points will I get from it?

Cheers!
Post edited by refracted0dawn on

Comments

• Options
    godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    I dont think the paragon tree has any effect on the PvP armor set. So, you can take Righteous path while wearing Virtuous set.... choose which stat is best to your taste. Deflect is even better when it's reached 20% (or even 25%).. while the severity is only 50% instead of 75% it's still better at mitigating damage, especially the burst damage, than any healing you can give to yourself. (plus, it's always active even when you're controlled / proned)
  • Options
    tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Deflect doesn't work when you're knocked prone. That's exactly one of the reasons why being knocked prone is so dangerous.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    tyrtallow wrote: »
    Deflect doesn't work when you're knocked prone. That's exactly one of the reasons why being knocked prone is so dangerous.

Yes, that make sense. In all editions of AD&D, you do not get any Dexterity bonus to AC if you are held motionless or sleeping, no shield bonus for rear attack etc. You cannot dodge or deflect incoming damage if you are paralysed, for example.

But I have to spend a lot of Glory before doing PvP again. But I cannot decide what to spend it on. My other two ex-mains have Grim Faithful and Grim Righteous. The improvement Profound gives is actually very, very little, so I wonder if my Grand Templar set will do and I should improve my artifacts and enchants instead?

Kaelac's guide seems to suggest Deflection is not much use for a Cleric compared with Max hp. But it is really a solo/party play PvE guide.

But to get 24% Deflection, you need a score of 5,100 (with no DEX bonus).

20% Deflection will need a Deflect stat of 3,400. That's an awful lot of points taken away from somewhere else.

And the maddening thing is that some non-PvP Epic armour has better stats. Especially rings and belts, but they have no Tenacity.

~
  • Options
    godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Ah.. I see.. then the impression I get about deflect build sure is misleading... This sure is a very factor to think about when choosing such build

@refracted
    The idea of having high deflect % isnt achieved thru the deflect stat alone. Because investing in such amount despite the glaring diminishing return is just insane. we gotta combine it with DEX (and for anointed champion, we can have anointed armor also). With heavily stacked DEX and the right ability stat roll, we can achieve up to 5% deflect so that having around 2100 deflect rating may suffice.

Altho that gtrl sentinel's guide managed to get 26% as a DO cleric (then for AC path, you can have 32% deflect)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Yes, but that is with a Halfling +3% bonus and stacking all the points into CON and DEX.

You won't get a Dwarf with DEX 20.
  • Options
    plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i had the profound virtuous (deflect + crit)
    and now i use profound faithful (HP + power)
    deflect dosnt work so good now in pvp, i find power and HP much more useful
    for PVP the dinintiy gain from profound is great

i recently made the corrupted black ice set and its great. lot of good stat and the set bonus works fine. the overload enchantment proc alot
    i try this new set in pvp and its works great. i miss the divinity of profound, but i survive much better
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Deflect is better than HP if and only if we stack it to a good amount. Lets say we have 25-33% deflect chance, we deflect once every three to four big hits on us, in long term of face tanking, these damage deflected is much more greater than the extra HP pool you generated from your radiants. However, if your deflect chance is low like 10% only, its usefulness is very low. I prefer stacking both, pushing my deflect score to 2k soft cap then only start stacking HP. Other stacks HP purely to over 40k because of their % HP effects like feats, regen and MH set, and HP got no diminishing returns and affected by CON. I advise to spread your stats around to reach the soft cap of the other stats before you starts stacking HP.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    The Faithful armour actually focuses on Power and Recovery, and has bonus Max hp instead of Deflection.

The Virtuous and Righteous have no Max hp, but have an extra 300 Defence, 733 Deflection and 1559 Critical Strike for the full sets.

I have a Halfling DC who is a leadership mule, but at the AH I bought this for her for when she eventually levels up to 60 through Professions and Invocations:

Power  Recovery  Defence Deflect
     3279     1992      931    1650

All for 1290 AD!

Only 1 Defence slot for a Silvery enchant, though. So any more Deflection would have to come from Artifacts, racial Halfling bonus and DEX. So that could be another 3% + 5.5% with camp fire bonus and DEX 21.

With a Rank 10 Silvery for +300 Deflection, that would total 1950 from GS for about 15% Deflection, plus 8.5% from Race and DEX for 23.5%.

Not sure about Feats and Powers.

But with a full set of Righteous Profound Armour and all the jewellery of Warding, you only get:

Power  Recovery  Defence  Deflect  Max hp  Crit  Tenacity
     2965     616      2006     1301     2248   1559   1392

Although there are extra stats in the Profound versions the Rare, blue armour set has 349 extra Deflection!

So the next question I have, is what does Tenacity actually do in PvP? Damage reduction? Deflection? What, exactly, and why does PvP need a separate stat that is of absolutely no use in PvE?

It seems like the Devs have totally broken the Cleric in Neverwinter. I have never come across such a brittle class before, and certainly not the AD&D Cleric being so glass-like.

I also wish they would replace Life Steal with Regeneration on the DC gear and have more gear with Defence, Deflection and Regeneration together, even if that means having a lot less Power, Recovery, Crit and ArPen.

At least then the Neverwinter DC could be a tank, like in AD&D!

Cheers!

~
  • Options
    goldroger007goldroger007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    if u are asking for a pvp armor i suppose u have a pvp build? with con stat or high hp.
    so if i had to pick a set for pvp i would pick miracle healer and combine it with dominator cloak, corrupted black ice belt, and the 2 rings u get from pvp cp which gives u 450 tenacity.