Install Arc
Options

GF Block is BROKEN as of most recent patch

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    therouterninjatherouterninja Member Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    +1 Highly noticeable if you play a guardian. In PvP, this can be a real deal breaker.
    Beholder MOPP4

60 GF(14.5GS) Cersei
    60 CW(12.4GS) Shadis
    60 TR(12.2GS) Dijkstra
    60 GWF(12.2GS) Winnowill
    45 DC(WIP) Daenerys
  • Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zzzzzdank wrote: »
    A cooldown is fine, when it works properly. Such as there is a cooldown on my teleport shift skill as CW. When I try to do it twice fast, it simple just teleports once and the second press does nothing. It would be fine with my guard too, if that's how it happened, but it's not whats going on.

The second part of it is that this isn't just happening when trying to block twice in a row. It happens every time I try to use block after using an encounter or threatening rush (this is arguably the most painful consequence).

And it's not just a case of block 'not working' because of a cooldown or windup. It's actually entering a bugged state where block at wills are triggering but you are not actually blocking.

What is REALLY killing me is this bugging out after using skills (encounters / threatening rush) then trying to block, this is the real killer... I can deal with waiting a bit to put my block up after just releasing it, that's not much of a deal to me.. But this other problem is making life real hard.

Yeah, I don't mind a cool down but with 300ms playing from Australia, after you wait for the cool down.. you shield up and it just drops... D:
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    snowballosnowballo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Needs fixing and bumping
    Snow's Melee Arena: NW-DMT7STJ9E
    Combat arena. Adjustable challenge.
    Difficulty: Adjustable easy - very hard
    Duration: Adjustable 1 - 25min
  • Options
    momobimomobi Member Posts: 40
    edited June 2013
    That's what I am getting all the time as well... And I've just notice about the guard stance but not actually blocking thing after the latest patch... did they made it worst? I calve attack then block when red circle appear and continue using stab attack but I still get hit and knock back... full animation of a guard stance and attacks but it is actually not working...and this is happening a lot. killed me a few times in dungeon.
  • Options
    keobiaakeobiaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There's also a bug where if you anvil of doom/knee breaker and try and shield straight after it goes up and drops. Really annoying on dracolich as I normally use block to negate pushbacks.
  • Options
    pyke1pyke1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    Well if you guys really feel as though there is something beyond what I posted then we can look into it some. However I made the statement without researching further since there has not been any changes to the shift powers at all as far as I am aware. We have been saving those for the major content patch unless it was critical.

Also, I considered not posting to this thread at all with all the backlash I got. This will certainly be my last.

It is impossible to make the shift powers instant, without any sort of cooldowns, client side predict AND still not have any rubberbanding effects when the client is lagged whilst ignoring lag and not be exploitable. Some things must give to feel responsive in more cases and still live in the world where lag and exploits could exist.

Another GF coming to say that guard is not working right. Experiencing the same problems as everyone else.

Also, Cryptic. You should fire this man for insulting the intelligence of every single GF playing your game. And for representing your company as a bunch of passive aggressive cry babies. What this dev said is what your company just said, and it is literally one of the most unprofessional comments I have ever read. We want more dev communication. But you need to lay down some guide lines for the devs that want to post. If this man worked for me, I would be pretty embarrassed.
  • Options
    churchilligcchurchilligc Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    Well if you guys really feel as though there is something beyond what I posted then we can look into it some. However I made the statement without researching further since there has not been any changes to the shift powers at all as far as I am aware. We have been saving those for the major content patch unless it was critical.

Also, I considered not posting to this thread at all with all the backlash I got. This will certainly be my last.

It is impossible to make the shift powers instant, without any sort of cooldowns, client side predict AND still not have any rubberbanding effects when the client is lagged whilst ignoring lag and not be exploitable. Some things must give to feel responsive in more cases and still live in the world where lag and exploits could exist.

4Sr5cbg.gif
  • Options
    teapotguruteapotguru Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pyke1 wrote: »
    Another GF coming to say that guard is not working right. Experiencing the same problems as everyone else.

Also, Cryptic. You should fire this man for insulting the intelligence of every single GF playing your game. And for representing your company as a bunch of passive aggressive cry babies. What this dev said is what your company just said, and it is literally one of the most unprofessional comments I have ever read. We want more dev communication. But you need to lay down some guide lines for the devs that want to post. If this man worked for me, I would be pretty embarrassed.

+1 :)

/10char
  • Options
    imobiusimobius Member Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Also happens when animations are in play.
    Griffon's Wrath and Enforced Threat specifically breaks my block.
    If i hold shift during it it should stop the animation and block, but the animation continues and when it ends my block is visually active, but i block no damage.
  • Options
    quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    Yes I hope this gets fixed ASAP as well. And to the gentleman who posted haphazardly in response from PWE...shame on you.
  • Options
    khaybankhayban Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This explains a lot. The last few days I have been eating a lot of pots and taking seriously more damage. I had just put it down to me scaling badly with new zones. Havn't noticed it in 5 mans as much though, perhaps the healers did.
  • Options
    ctrain2323ctrain2323 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I noticed a problem with block a couple weeks ago and assumed it was a defect. After not seeing a fix last Tuesday I investigated (by looking at forums) and found that, as was noted, they changed activation of guard from client-side to server. This makes sense with what I was experiencing, and I understand why they did it.
    For the past week I have paid very close attention to guarding, and I agree it doesn't work right. I can manage it (with effort) when I'm alone in a solo dungeon/instance/whatever during normal questing, but when grouped and in pvp guard it is very unstable and unpredictable. It is just plain broken. I really hope they determine a solution to this because it is incredibly frustrating, especially since I know how much I enjoyed guarding back when it worked without issue.
  • Options
    ufgtufgt Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm pretty sure this is still broken. I have to mash on shift occasionally to get the block to come out. Really not awesome in pvp.
  • Options
    shaclashacla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just hit 60 and went to respec tank for end game, came across this post, easily reproducible following OP steps.
  • Options
    mavalonmavalon Member Posts: 88
    edited June 2013
    Go to first new post Interactive Poll: The Top 20 Fixes You'd Make to Neverwinter!
    Post there guys and hope it makes a difference.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?320771-Interactive-Poll-The-Top-20-Fixes-You-d-Make-to-Neverwinter!
  • Options
    snowballosnowballo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mavalon wrote: »
    Go to first new post Interactive Poll: The Top 20 Fixes You'd Make to Neverwinter!
    Post there guys and hope it makes a difference.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?320771-Interactive-Poll-The-Top-20-Fixes-You-d-Make-to-Neverwinter!

Bumping this
  • Options
    biggerthanthesunbiggerthanthesun Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sigh... back to my lancer and juggernaut. I downloaded the game yesterday to play an action(!) mmo and found the guardian downright unfun to play.

Seriously, what is the point of a gap closer (Lunging Strike) if after closing the gap I am guaranteed to be hit by every mob in the group while my guardian masturbates with his shield? Is it up or down? Who knows? It is a mystery!

Given the disinterested response of the devs, this early "beta" release (replete with credit card access), the shoddy clipping in the character graphics (Oh god, have we not moved beyond immovable hair?), the sloppy feel to the gameplay (Will cleave swing three times or just once? Who knows? It is a mystery!), and the broken tank class mechanics (from a available class selection of one), this game feels pushed out as publisher-induced cash grab. Stick it back in the oven.
  • Options
    gratchiiegratchiie Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah this ruins so much. Can't believe I got an email today telling me we are moving out of beta on june 20th. There is still much needed to make the game feel smoother and no use whatsoever to play a tank if this is how their block is gonna work.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    BUMPING THIS AGAIN!!!

Just tested block on the test server and it is NOT fixed.
  • Options
    ufgtufgt Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    snowballo wrote: »
    BUMPING THIS AGAIN!!!

lol for real? Jeez. It was highlighted in the patch notes too.
  • Options
    momobimomobi Member Posts: 40
    edited June 2013
    when did they fix it? I play everyday and it still don't work... I still have time that it shows I am guarding but I am actually not and sometimes it twitches then stood still and do nothing when I press shift and attack quickly or visa versa... not sure what they done to it but to me it still not working properly. Do do we need to click everything slowly now to accommodate the server??? I am losing pvp a lot due to this when I can't block as intended.
  • Options
    ctrain2323ctrain2323 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    snowballo wrote: »
    BUMPING THIS AGAIN!!!

They never claimed to have fixed it. The note says they "addressed" it. I suspect they made some improvement, but it may or may not be noticeable. They probably need to retool this, which means a solid fix will take months from the time it was identified.
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ctrain2323 wrote: »
    They never claimed to have fixed it. The note says they "addressed" it. I suspect they made some improvement, but it may or may not be noticeable. They probably need to retool this, which means a solid fix will take months from the time it was identified.

Exactly what I thought when reading that note, even before the test server guy chimed in. Unlike all the other status, where they are absolutely categorical when something is fixed.

So, I guess any new re-rolls and recruitment will be to GWF.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Yes, they don't claim it to be fixed, but it should be.
    It's a core mechanic of the class, not some kind of minor bug.
    With the threat shifting from clerics, to others and most likely to GF when a GF is in the party, we need this to work properly.

Their "adjustment" isn't helping with the main issue behind the mechanic, only makes the times it does work slightly smoother, which is not the main issue here.
  • Options
    meitranmeitran Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited June 2013
    I tested this myself today and had no problems with it. So for me it looks like a fix.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    meitran wrote: »
    I tested this myself today and had no problems with it. So for me it looks like a fix.

It's not.
    /10char
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    meitran wrote: »

Any time I feel like seeing it bug out I just have to lunging strike and immediately block after it hits. Would you say your testing had rigor? :D
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    meitranmeitran Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited June 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    Any time I feel like seeing it bug out I just have to lunging strike and immediately block after it hits. Would you say your testing had rigor? :D

Done some more testing now and i can see the bug is still there.
  • Options
    xssgamingxssgaming Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't get why this is so hard to fix. Lancers had perfect block in TERA during K-TERA closed beta, and the blocking remained fine even up past the release of the English versions of the game. Doesn't seem like that hard of a mechanic to work out.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    xssgaming wrote: »
    I don't get why this is so hard to fix. Lancers had perfect block in TERA during K-TERA closed beta, and the blocking remained fine even up past the release of the English versions of the game. Doesn't seem like that hard of a mechanic to work out.

Did Tera give Lancers dramatically increased damage based on their remaining block? In turn necessitating making it server side to cut down on people editing game values to hit for 1 mil? :D
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.