test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please Read if you are Stuck/Frozen at the Loading Screen

Comments

• Options
    redwaterxredwaterx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's pathetic that this hasn't been fixed. What the **** are you guys even doing.
  • Options
    zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. this is stupid
    2. I am NOT running my computer on safe mode to play a game. That is not a reasonable suggestion.
    3. I am NOT walking back my DirectX version to an archaic version and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up other things on my machine that require the most current DX version. That is another unreasonable suggestion.

It's really simple... this game is unfriendly and is running people off. If I cannot log in like a NORMAL game. I'm going somewhere that wants my money.

They are talking about the safe mode option in your launcher option NOT the Safe Mode on your OS.
    If you read it more carefully you would understand what he meant with Safe Mode.
  • Options
    s3amasters3amaster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got stuck also returning from skirmish, so it starts to be REALLY annoying to play this....
    I hope cryptic is fixing this quickly.
    And safe mode is not really a solution, only way to play is with windowed mode and crappy graphs...phhh
    ye right,
    chelseacrafter is right, i can choose who to invest my money, i paid 199 dollars to be a founder, not to be stuck!
  • Options
    samuraikingssamuraikings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am just going to bookmark this thread. I won't be playing until this is fixed, and depending on how long it takes, may not come back.
    Foundry Name: "Wolframs Last Stand" (@Holythirst)
    Foundry Map: Blacklake District
    Type: Campaign, Story, Dungeon - 5 bosses, 1-2 players
    Current State: Version 2.2 is up. Full release. Try it with code below.

Short Code: NW-DU2BES2WA
  • Options
    boudebaboudeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What's working too is playing in windows size too. never had the problem since i play in window mode.
  • Options
    ladytricksladytricks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Player's Log, Stardate 11005.29

It has been 3 days now. We have been orbiting a small planet called Neverwinter. Our Prime Directive is to get inside and test the surface to see if it is inhabitable for future colonization by other players. So far we have been unable to penetrate it. It seems to have activated some sort of shield around it that prevents entry.

When the previous team was scouting the planet before us they seemed to have no issue landing, but all of a sudden, it seems to have sprung a shield preventing us from our Prime Directive. I have had Data run a series of scans and try to figure out a way to get inside to no avail. We are still waiting, going on day 4.

This was entertaining to read :P

I agree with everyone that this should be properly fixed but thankfully thus far the safe mode option has worked for my issues.
  • Options
    ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

We have identified an issue where some players are not able to advance past the loading screen after selecting a character and loading a map.

Great, so you've patched since this was identified, why haven't you implemented a fix?

dezstravus wrote: »
    Thanks for your patience while we work on this issue!

It's not like we have a choice, the pandering "thanks" just comes off as condescending.
  • Options
    kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited May 2013
    Fix this garbage. It's insanely annoying to have to relog every other time that I come out of a dungeon or pvp match. If there were other places to access the auction house or look for dungeon groups I wouldn't even set foot in PE at this point.
  • Options
    pinksock1pinksock1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OK so starting in safe mode works to get the game going. Now my game will only load in a tiny safe mode window, and if I try to change it to windowed fullscreen or otherwise adjust any video settings, gameclient.exe crashes. WTF.
  • Options
    brynne1brynne1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've tried loading in safe mode. I can't enter a ticket due to it timing out. Nothing but rubber banding when it does load. No friends on my list, no crafting, no invocation so I've lost all my stupid seals. It's been down for me since the caturday <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I try to log in every day. Nothing works. When is this going to be fixed???
  • Options
    kasuharikasuhari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some of my friends can't log in to play the game anymore now, they are getting pretty pissed at this because while some work around work for them, some still stuck at loading screen.
  • Options
    samuraikingssamuraikings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patch notes of the upcoming patch show that it will be fixed, for everyone's information. This was still unacceptable and their lack of communication or update is terrible.
    Foundry Name: "Wolframs Last Stand" (@Holythirst)
    Foundry Map: Blacklake District
    Type: Campaign, Story, Dungeon - 5 bosses, 1-2 players
    Current State: Version 2.2 is up. Full release. Try it with code below.

Short Code: NW-DU2BES2WA
  • Options
    kriomakrioma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm sure this is late, and perhaps has already been posted (but I'm not digging through 29 pages of posts to find out), but there is a way to get "unstuck" from the loading screen WITHOUT having to load up in safe mode.

Note that I run the game in FULL SCREEN (not windows/maximized) mode, your results may vary but this has worked for me several times daily for several days consecutively now.

Step 1. Enter as usual, once the loading bar gets to the end, wait 5 seconds, then alt-tab out of the game.
    Step 2. Wait 10 seconds or longer at your desktop. Go check your email or look at some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> or something.
    Step 3. Alt tab back in. Wait 5 seconds or so...viola, game will finish loading you into Protectors Enclave.

You're welcome.
  • Options
    thykierathykiera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Player's Log, Stardate 11005.29

It has been 3 days now. We have been orbiting a small planet called Neverwinter. Our Prime Directive is to get inside and test the surface to see if it is inhabitable for future colonization by other players. So far we have been unable to penetrate it. It seems to have activated some sort of shield around it that prevents entry.

When the previous team was scouting the planet before us they seemed to have no issue landing, but all of a sudden, it seems to have sprung a shield preventing us from our Prime Directive. I have had Data run a series of scans and try to figure out a way to get inside to no avail. We are still waiting, going on day 4.

Very funny and very entertaining to read. It's good to keep your sense of humor about it.
  • Options
    skatengusskatengus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i tried everything above but still while in the loading screen the game give me a message: error could not connect to on demand patch service conection was idle for too long.please anyone can help me i tried everything, also i have the game from the torrent download when it was availiable.
  • Options
    xanyxany Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    squibshot wrote: »
    Care to elaborate? I can't seem to find any option resembling UAC in task manager. Where is this UAC virtualization?
    Go to processes and find GameClient.exe, right click and uncheck UAC virtualization. Gets me out of the load screen near instantly and ingame.
  • Options
    peukiepeukie Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Safe mode didn't work for me. What did work was changing the Video settings.
    1. at character select screen
    2. click options -> Video
    3. change the two sliders at the bottom to Speed (instead of quality)
    4. OK/Apply
    5. Login

After login in, you may change your settings back to quality.
  • Options
    retruberretruber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Has there been any progress on coming up with a fix for this? I am unable to finish loading on any of my characters, and have tried safe mode, video changes, and a re-install to no effect.
  • Options
    datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Ignore,wrong thread sorry. =/
  • Options
    bewarned87bewarned87 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nymbyl wrote: »
    nice, just adjusted my shaders like you said at character screen, and BOOM, login successful!

thanks man

How does this even work. the loading screen is BEFORE the character select screen. there is NO options untill you get to the character select screen.

You guys trollin?
  • Options
    bewarned87bewarned87 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    .....The loading screen everyone is getting froze on is the one just before the character screen. You cant change settings untill you get passed this loading screen (the one everyone is stuck on)
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bewarned87 wrote: »
    .....The loading screen everyone is getting froze on is the one just before the character screen. You cant change settings untill you get passed this loading screen (the one everyone is stuck on)

The loading screen everyone was getting stuck on when this bug was happening was after you selected your character and not before the character screen. The bug in question has since been fixed.
  • Options
    banecrushrbanecrushr Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    And what are you going to do about the discos? I never had any issues with simply dropping during a zone switch, and sence the patch I've dropped to desktop a dozen times, all while changing instance/zone ins?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Sir, were now surrounded"!
    Thats great news son, now we can attack from ALL sides"!
  • Options
    firanousfiranous Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    The loading screen everyone was getting stuck on when this bug was happening was after you selected your character and not before the character screen. The bug in question has since been fixed.

Apparently not, That's exactly what is happening to me today. Right after they had a patch last night. Hopefully this issue solves itself soon.
  • Options
    eduardalexandrueduardalexandru Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is happening to me right now, on both my characters that are created on different shards.
    If this would be fixed just after Tymora's Gift event ends that would be awesome ! :mad:
  • Options
    vierzweinullvierzweinull Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Safe mode doesn't do anything for me. Absolutely no reason why the $1500 I've spent on a computer and router can't play this game, this is 100% on your end Cryptic. I literally can't do anything. I just want to farm your special boxes, but nope. Won't get to.
  • Options
    innataynainnatayna Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hello guys,

I experienced this problem after I changed my video card setting from AUTO to DX11. I couldnt find a solution so I started improvising. After few tries I found a solution. Go to

C:\.....\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live

folder and delete d3dx11_42.dll file. Start the game normally, without safe mode, and it works as it used to be.

Enjoy.
  • Options
    touchyourelftouchyourelf Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3
    edited January 2014
    innatayna wrote: »
    Hello guys,

I experienced this problem after I changed my video card setting from AUTO to DX11. I couldnt find a solution so I started improvising. After few tries I found a solution. Go to

C:\.....\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live

folder and delete d3dx11_42.dll file. Start the game normally, without safe mode, and it works as it used to be.

Enjoy.

The game automatically recreates this file at patch time when you remove it.
  • Options
    bmcd73bmcd73 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I chronically have this problem when running DX11. It seems like it gets stuck at the first loading screen but it actually just takes FOREVER to load. I just waited it out. It seems to do this after every patch as well. Once it has completed though, it seems to load normally. Additionally, I have had some funky graphics issues so today I deleted the gameprefs.pref file in "D:\Games\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live\Localdata" or where ever you installed it. It took forever to load again but I am now running DX11 with no strange graphics problems and it loads every time...until next patch of course.
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yes after a patch it can or does take awhile depending on how big a patch as it is compiling all data that was patched.