test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So 5 of 11 have quit since Caturday

soldacksoldack Member Posts: 31
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Our 11 man guild, while small, was very active until Caturday. Five of them have quit the game since then. I am afraid we are losing others....

Does that accurately represent the game population as a whole? Do you think we have lost half the players before the game is even "launched"?

:(
Post edited by soldack on

Comments

• Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They may have been banned as cheaters...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    senseijohnsenseijohn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    I fully expect that unless they start releasing new content quickly and regularly - and NOT just new stuff for the Zen store - this game will be nothing more than noobs, fanboi's and farmers in less than a year.

The economy is already so far out of whack that it may never recover. That's one important part of game longevity nowadays... a robust economy is important.

I think you'll see alot more people leaving as they hit 60 with mulitple characters and realize... oh wait... there's nothing to do... and nothing to look forward too...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »

Nope, not it. We are a long time group that plays games together. When I ask them they seem apathetic toward the game. But I like it and was curious if this is indicitive of the overall player base...
  • Options
    kaasdoekkaasdoek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    soldack wrote: »
    Our 11 man guild, while small, was very active until Caturday. Five of them have quit the game since then. I am afraid we are losing others....

Does that accurately represent the game population as a whole? Do you think we have lost half the players before the game is even "launched"?

don't know if it is accurate. But some of my delve friends quit also. I was in a Dutch only guild. In a week time it went from 20 people online to bearly 7 during the evenings/weekends

My self playing Dragon Prophet now. hoping this month some serious content/feat fixing and new path get introduced. If not, oh well.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    senseijohn wrote: »
    I fully expect that unless they start releasing new content quickly and regularly - and NOT just new stuff for the Zen store - this game will be nothing more than noobs, fanboi's and farmers in less than a year.
    Which is how exactly different then any given mmo community?
    The economy is already so far out of whack that it may never recover. That's one important part of game longevity nowadays... a robust economy is important.
    Economy will not remember what happened in a week.
    I think you'll see alot more people leaving as they hit 60 with mulitple characters and realize... oh wait... there's nothing to do... and nothing to look forward too...
    This is the real issue.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does that accurately represent the game population as a whole?

No. At least not that I've seen.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    edited May 2013

As much as I like the game overall, the boss fights in epic seem unimaginative and repetitive...like its the same thing over and over. I haven't played all the T2s yet so maybe it gets better. So far it is just some variation of - manage the ad-ons...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kaasdoek wrote: »
    don't know if it is accurate. But some of my delve friends quit also. I was in a Dutch only guild. In a week time it went from 20 people online to bearly 7 during the evenings/weekends

My self playing Dragon Prophet now. hoping this month some serious content/feat fixing and new path get introduced. If not, oh well.

This is what I was curious about, thanks Kaasdoek. Other small guilds are noticing this too...
  • Options
    assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    My guild had 250 member before the exploit.

We have 350 now.
  • Options
    x3mta3xx3mta3x Member Posts: 80
    edited May 2013

LOL nice try.

There are posts all over the net from people that were supposedly banned. Some posted that they were banned for a short time and when they came back they still had ALL THEIR EXPLOITED LOOTS! Others posted that they ONLY lost ONE of their MANY accounts and still had the rest, again with all their exploited loots. Still others posted that they had over 10+ accounts and were NEVER EVEN touched!! ROFL Nice job PWE. Just do some searching for yourself, Google is your friend. :)
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is the same pattern I noticed in SWOTOR. Half the people leave after the initial leveling process. SWOTOR lasted a little longer because it had different areas to level and different stories. This is actually the fastest I have ever seen guilds dry up in a mmo release, barring Tabula Rasa. (I had fun in Tabula Rasa actually until end game) I am wondering if the franchise has the ability to draw in people like Star Trek once the bugs are worked out and it's running a bit smoother.
  • Options
    everythingsdeadeverythingsdead Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think you'll see alot more people leaving as they hit 60

My GF just sits in town. No one will group with him.
  • Options
    lolpwelollolpwelol Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013

hahaha banned. That's rich.
  • Options
    unblessedhandunblessedhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Karma took a bit of a hit from people who got banned for Caturday exploits and people quitting (~5% of our main guild and none from our alt, so less than 5% overall), but we quickly bounced back.
  • Options
    s3pts3pt Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    skalt112 wrote: »
    This is the same pattern I noticed in SWOTOR. Half the people leave after the initial leveling process. SWOTOR lasted a little longer because it had different areas to level and different stories. This is actually the fastest I have ever seen guilds dry up in a mmo release, barring Tabula Rasa. (I had fun in Tabula Rasa actually until end game) I am wondering if the franchise has the ability to draw in people like Star Trek once the bugs are worked out and it's running a bit smoother.

TSW was even faster than SWTOR, and they didn't have far to fall with ~200k sales at launch.

It may be too early too tell regarding this games longevity, but if things don't improve and we see a ton of content, the overpriced cash shop and many issues may drive people away sooner rather than later. Time will tell /shrug
  • Options
    kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a huge friend list of people who haven't logged in the game for the last 10 days. I don't think they were all banned.
    What is worrying is that the game is not officially released and already lost a significant % of its potential customers.
  • Options
    lolpwelollolpwelol Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    s3pt wrote: »
    TSW was even faster than SWTOR, and they didn't have far to fall with ~200k sales at launch.

It may be too early too tell regarding this games longevity, but if things don't improve and we see a ton of content, the overpriced cash shop and many issues may drive people away sooner rather than later. Time will tell /shrug

That because TSW is too hard for the average <removed> these days. Once ppl have to think they walk away from the game. That's why this is the perfect game for the masses. Dumbed down everything so that all boss fights have the same mechanic, easy follow the straight line zones, but with a nice hefty cash shop. <Removed> love spending money.
  • Options
    llfritzllllfritzll Member Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

honestly you just summed up the majority of populations in every mmorpg game, especially f2p (p2w) games.

its not a problem with this game per say, but more a problem with the genre.

mmorpg games never produce content fast enough for serious gamer types and they always move on. You can go to every mmo forum and see the same complaints about not enough content. These types of players will never be happy with a mmorpg game. They need a constant stream of new games so they always have something new to do. This of course leads to these players moving on shortly after reaching max level. It always happens and its inevitable.

That leaves you with the "noobs, fanboi's, and farmers" as you put it.
  • Options
    ladybedlamladybedlam Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I haven't been in a guild yet. Trying to get used to the game for now..maybe at a later date be in a guild. I would already have minimum of 3 in my guild if I start one now lol
    There is a fine line between genius and insanity....I have replaced that line with a trout!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I have a huge friend list of people who haven't logged in the game for the last 10 days. I don't think they were all banned.
    What is worrying is that the game is not officially released and already lost a significant % of its potential customers.

I hadn't thought of checking my friend's list, but your right there are a ton more folks on here that haven't logged in more than a week.
  • Options
    kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Happily soloing along.. Will group/guild later.. hopefully.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aepervius1972aepervius1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    Frankly I am toying on quitting. Not that the game is bad, not due to caturday, but because the gameplay is disappointing. The combat side is well enough (although damage seems to be out of whack at higher level).

But I am too much used to AD&D P&P , maybe my expectation were too high but the quest seems to be go there kill that come back.

On the foundry on the other hand there are great game mechanics with the poor tool given. Heck even the parody of secret agent has great mechanic. But it is still limited, branching is neigh impossible and too many quest are just "kill a bunch of mob for XP". And the balance is out of whack, level 30+ it is often too hard to solo. Even in normal quest I saw a great change after level 30.

I will probably be back in a few month when the foundry gets better tool, better functions, and when quest can have more expansive branching dialogue. What the author of the foundry do is load better than the vanilla quests.
  • Options
    sugart4578sugart4578 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im also worried that ppl may start leaving i have lvl 4 toons to 60 an not much to do i cant even find this gauntlet grim
  • Options
    zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Nothing to do? So someone has done every signle Foundry Mission?

On another note, the game is a month old and they havn't even released the first content patch which is going to be frikken huge.

Drama much?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • Options
    necronomniconnecronomnicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Frankly I am toying on quitting. Not that the game is bad, not due to caturday, but because the gameplay is disappointing. The combat side is well enough (although damage seems to be out of whack at higher level).

But I am too much used to AD&D P&P , maybe my expectation were too high but the quest seems to be go there kill that come back.

On the foundry on the other hand there are great game mechanics with the poor tool given. Heck even the parody of secret agent has great mechanic. But it is still limited, branching is neigh impossible and too many quest are just "kill a bunch of mob for XP". And the balance is out of whack, level 30+ it is often too hard to solo. Even in normal quest I saw a great change after level 30.

I will probably be back in a few month when the foundry gets better tool, better functions, and when quest can have more expansive branching dialogue. What the author of the foundry do is load better than the vanilla quests.

but not many people play the foundry quests until 60 any more. coming out of an hours play give or take with 2-4 pinks and basically no loot, and a chest that doesnt even give equipment matching your class is inefficient while leveling, not to mention discouraging. i dont quite have 60 yet but 2 guys are close, one is useless class though so Ill say i have one pushin 60 & I wont touch the foundry until she hits 60. I havent touched the foundry since they killed nay xp for it, I used to use it to check out new quests and get half a level or most of a level in between zones or on new characters and sometimes it was alittle faster sometimes slower than vanilla questing b ut at least even on the slower quests it still gave me something back then and I didnt just completely lose my drive and exit the instance and go back to questing like those first couple of times after the nerf. I loved blood and sand, and witch hammer, did those, hidden blade and a cuple of others i cant remember any more on new toons but not since about 8 or9 days into launch though. you could spend days making a quest, and have about a dozen people playing it, if thats what floats yer boat fine, I never bothered putting my ideas into foundry though since even i wont play it more thna once , let alone nayone else.
    So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,
    Farewell remorse; all good to me is lost.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • Options
    zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sugart4578 wrote: »
    im also worried that ppl may start leaving i have lvl 4 toons to 60 an not much to do i cant even find this gauntlet grim

If you've got 4 level 60's and do not know that Gauntletgrym hasnt been released yet then you are either lying, trolling or plain ignorant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If you're a serious gamer you likely will not bother with Neverwinter's content unless you want to be the top carebear in a pile of carebears.

Neverwinter is not a 'serious' game that feels like a second job. It's a simple fast paced multiplayer arcade game. Sure there are some elements from the MMO genre, lots of them in fact, but those can be safely ignored for the most part.

If you're looking for challenging gameplay or in-depth mechanics, you have chosen the wrong game. Those people hit level 60 in a week or less, and have all the T1 and T2 dungeons done in another week tops. It isn't hard to do, unless of course you're a GF or a GWF. In that case, you might play a little longer since no one wants you in the end-game. Even then, if you find a guild with a spot for you, you'll still be done in a week.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    soanvalckesoanvalcke Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Most of my guild has just stopped logging on. I myself only log on to pray and check auctions. Dungeon delves aren't worth it until Cryptic decides to fix classes and patch dungeons. Once they come out with a balance patch, I'll pick it up again a bit more seriously.

But hey, until then, we get reinstallments of companions and stuff from the Zen store! Along with those super exciting GATEWAY updates! *confetti*
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013

To work out if the game is doomed or not we need to know more facts so we can try science! For my equation I need to know were these 5 people who left halflings? If this is the case they only count as half a person so only 2.5 people have left! That means the game is in slight peril and not actual DOOOOOM!
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    My guild is capped at 500 members.