test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So 5 of 11 have quit since Caturday

Comments

• kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How many active players if you don't count the alts?
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    To work out if the game is doomed or not we need to know more facts so we can try science! For my equation I need to know were these 5 people who left halflings? If this is the case they only count as half a person so only 2.5 people have left! That means the game is in slight peril and not actual DOOOOOM!

Oh, I misunderstood the whole premise. I thought we just lost one Borg.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • vaelyrvaelyr Member Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    My guild is capped at 500 members.

...Tell us how many are active/not alts? (Unless it counts guild members by account, I don't know how it works.)
    The guild I joined a couple weeks ago averaged 10-15 people on at once during peak times.
    The last week I haven't logged in to more than 2 other people besides myself on at once.

Then again, our guild was small in the first place.
  • unblessedhandunblessedhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    vaelyr wrote: »
    ...Tell us how many are active/not alts? (Unless it counts guild members by account, I don't know how it works.)
    The guild I joined a couple weeks ago averaged 10-15 people on at once during peak times.
    The last week I haven't logged in to more than 2 other people besides myself on at once.

Then again, our guild was small in the first place.

Karma is also at the cap, so we have a second guild (Amrak) with about 200 in it. There are currently 26 people on between the two guilds.
  • drakesigardrakesigar Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I think the main problem is when people hit the max, there's nothing much to do. Normally the Foundry would be able to come to our rescue with potentially infinite content, but the rewards aren't attractive enough yet (no trade items, chests, etc).

And yes I know they'd be a problem with people farming. There must be a way around that problem though.
    Check out Adventuring College! A 20 minute male-centric comedic solo adventure.
    Quest ID: NW-DPCZNUVQ7
  • mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kaasdoek wrote: »
    don't know if it is accurate. But some of my delve friends quit also. I was in a Dutch only guild. In a week time it went from 20 people online to bearly 7 during the evenings/weekends

My self playing Dragon Prophet now. hoping this month some serious content/feat fixing and new path get introduced. If not, oh well.

Age of Conan here. This game just started to feel too much like a scam.
  • mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drakesigar wrote: »
    I think the main problem is when people hit the max, there's nothing much to do. Normally the Foundry would be able to come to our rescue with potentially infinite content, but the rewards aren't attractive enough yet (no trade items, chests, etc).

And yes I know they'd be a problem with people farming. There must be a way around that problem though.

Well in a subscription model game the solution is not to worry about it. This game operates on an addict, fleece, and find another sucker model so not worrying about it isn't an option.
  • nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's a ton of good content in the Foundry stuck in 'new' or 'for review', but until PWE/Cryptic get around to improving the ingame tools for people to search the foundry content, most people won't play it. Until such time, the best way to find stuff beyond the few 'featured' quests is to have a look through the threads in the Foundry section here on the forum, and access a quest directly using its shortcode.

By the way, I'm busy making changes to my own quest based on initial feedback, so I DON'T recommend playing mine until I release those (probably some time this weekend).
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Nothing to do? So someone has done every signle Foundry Mission?

LOL, you mean Cryptics transparent attempt to get out of designing new content for Neverwinter beyond some new PvP arenas and the occasional new dungeon?

Yeah, the Foundry. That's rich.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In my guild no one has left. Not one single soul. So by the same logic of the OP, I can safely conclude that no one is leaving the game. Panic over.

Granted, the guild is just me, and its existence is mostly in my head. But i'm proud of my 100% retention rate.
  • titanv2titanv2 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes they quit cuz there are better games out there
    tera, rift, wow, ect to name a few.. go and find those games
    stop wasting ur time on this one lol
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    soldack wrote: »
    Our 11 man guild, while small, was very active until Caturday. Five of them have quit the game since then. I am afraid we are losing others....

Does that accurately represent the game population as a whole? Do you think we have lost half the players before the game is even "launched"?

:(

That's not a Guild it's a group and they probably quit cause they were in a lame 11 man Guild. Also, just because they left the Guild does not mean they quit the game.

As far as losing the others you are not a Guild, you are a group of 6 and I would expect to lose everyone. Cause I know I wouldn't stay in a 6 man Guild. Cause it's not a Guild....It's a group. :)
  • darknssssdarknssss Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    Seem to me the game is going very fine, havent seen a drop in population at all.

The game got bugs and some exploit here and there but they fix it fast so idc.

GAme survived carturday np and prob have more players now then before i know i made 4 friends from WOW quit and come over here and they loving it so w,e.

In the end forums kidos know nothing and are useless once again...
  • poac1poac1 Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2013
    We had 3 or 4 static groups nightly, after caturday the guild is baron basically. The videos on twitch of the people that had nothing done to them and still had hundreds of millions of AD, and were stilling exploiting things like rune farming by reseting instances (relogging inside) & the ones that used set bonuses to solo CN and get huge caches of epics they just became completely disinterested.

No one wants to sink in legitimate time only to have it mean very little in the grand scale due to lack-luster policy enforcement, this is why there are thousands of charge-backs going on for this game atm.

Perfect example - http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1evg2l/i_supported_neverwinter_2860_to_be_exact/
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How many of them rushed to 60 ?
  • anashimanashim Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    spacejew wrote: »
    If you're a serious gamer you likely will not bother with Neverwinter's content unless you want to be the top carebear in a pile of carebears.

Neverwinter is not a 'serious' game that feels like a second job. It's a simple fast paced multiplayer arcade game. Sure there are some elements from the MMO genre, lots of them in fact, but those can be safely ignored for the most part.

If you're looking for challenging gameplay or in-depth mechanics, you have chosen the wrong game. Those people hit level 60 in a week or less, and have all the T1 and T2 dungeons done in another week tops. It isn't hard to do, unless of course you're a GF or a GWF. In that case, you might play a little longer since no one wants you in the end-game. Even then, if you find a guild with a spot for you, you'll still be done in a week.
    So, what elements do you specifically want in a game. Do you foresee Foundry being able to provide these elements at some point the future?
    edited May 2013
    And the balance is out of whack, level 30+ it is often too hard to solo. Even in normal quest I saw a great change after level 30.
    To confirm your experience with balance, quests became extremely difficult during the 30s, for me too. My Control Wizard chose spells that failed to work adequately (some spells like Storm Fury seem to do nothing ever), would die quickly in solos whenever surrounded by multiple high-damage attackers, often from eight to twelve attackers, and would pull nearby monsters to add to the attackers. (Other spells, like Icy Terrain, seem like they could be cool if a patch boosted them to be more effective.)
  • leillannaleillanna Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    titanv2 wrote: »
    yes they quit cuz there are better games out there
    tera, rift, wow, ect to name a few.. go and find those games
    stop wasting ur time on this one lol
    real-life-troll-face-meme-generator-i-can-haz-trollface-too-8fc6de.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Eilistraee zhal zuch tlu wun ussta xukuth.
  • daemonspadedaemonspade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    assassin83 wrote: »
    My guild had 250 member before the exploit.

We have 350 now.

yeah and my guild have 1k members now
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    I would wait until the Gauntlegrym patch before making any final decision. In any case there's no quitting here since you can come back anytime.
  • xtropianxtropian Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know what the point is in people posting about quitting a F2P game that is still in Open Beta over bugs and missing content. If you refuse to play the game unless the bugs are fixed and it has more content, take a break and come back when it's officially launched.
  • soldacksoldack Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    In my guild no one has left. Not one single soul. So by the same logic of the OP, I can safely conclude that no one is leaving the game. Panic over.

Granted, the guild is just me, and its existence is mostly in my head. But i'm proud of my 100% retention rate.

Read much? I gave my observation and asked others for their observation. I didn't make any conclusions.
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    That's not a Guild it's a group and they probably quit cause they were in a lame 11 man Guild. Also, just because they left the Guild does not mean they quit the game.

)

Read. Seriously. They didn't leave the guild. They are still on the roster. They haven't logged in since Caturday.
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    How many of them rushed to 60 ?

Three of them weren't 60 yet. None of us rushed to 60. In this game you level so easy. I have an alt that I left at the shrine at level 10, He is now level 23 just by doing a few prayers and crafting leadership...

Seriously, what is the longest you could play XP giving content and not make 60?
  • grimwolf512grimwolf512 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Personally I feel the game has already shot itself in the foot. Its a great idea but with all the nerfs to the fighter classes and many classes being broken most play a mage or rogue then quit. I stopped really taking it seriously and just poke my head in from time to time when I feel I want to kill something. The fact that they focus on the Zen store more than fixing stuff is rather lame. I already spent 40 dollars on a mount so I am going to keep poking my head in to check thing out but really this game is dead. You can walk around the main city and see that the population has dried up and few really care.

Most are keeping there eyes out for ESO and a few others games on the horizon. When they come out I predict that this place will be a ghost town. IF the game lasts that long. Which is sad because its a great idea just executed poorly. In this day and age where games are coming out faster than ever you can't just sit back and think the player base will bear with you. Most gamers suffer from "Attention Deficit OH SHINY!" Disorder and we move on to the next game that is cool to us. As for the game issues: AH search is limping poorly, class balance is a joke, and content becomes very regular to the point of you are really just killing a different looking mob for some reason or another to keep leveling with gear that is really not that good to being with. I use to play regularly but when the dungeon after Mad Dragon became so hard that they were more work than fun I lost interest. Mostly because I like playing a cleric and all that forums says is: "Well you become a real healer when you get Astral Shield at level 50" which in my opinion tells me the class was not thought out enough when they made it.

So I can understand the OPs point and do wonder if they will breath life into this game or if we are just putting around in a game that is soon to die a slow death. Only time will tell.
  • frankie72frankie72 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    soldack wrote: »
    As much as I like the game overall, the boss fights in epic seem unimaginative and repetitive...like its the same thing over and over. I haven't played all the T2s yet so maybe it gets better. So far it is just some variation of - manage the ad-ons...

Yeah unfortunately, I have already noticed that every fight in this game is about overbearing ad-spamming in every dungeon up to T1's(and I am told it's just all the same for everything else above T1's as well). It definitely is not creative and definitely doesn't make for skillful strategic gameplay. In most cases its so bad with these bosses with those ads that it's so overwhelming that most humans cant possibly react(or at least just enjoy the fight while being challenged meaningfully).

I can go on a while about my thoughts with NW's insidious format that's increasingly turning me off the game as I personally enter the T1's, but I won't. I am hearing it more and more every day that people are really turned off by this too.

On the original point of the OP, we too came here as a smaller contingent of our larger guild community. We too shed more than half already. Despite these 'seemingly' 50%-60% losses, when I log in its still quite robustly populated...at least in Protector's Enclave....so who knows.

On the note of a sentiment shared by many repliers to a different post in the forums that are just here until ESO then bailing; we too are also just looking forward to ESO and ditching NW for ESO when it releases, if not sooner. So I take this game as it comes and am not too attached to much here at all.
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah and my guild have 1k members now

Yes, and they're all banned for hacking because the cap is 500.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
    edited May 2013
    xtropian wrote: »
    I don't know what the point is in people posting about quitting a F2P game that is still in Open Beta over bugs and missing content.
    Heh. Yeah, that part is kinda funny.
  • abloecabloec Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zylaxx wrote: »
    Nothing to do? So someone has done every signle Foundry Mission?

On another note, the game is a month old and they havn't even released the first content patch which is going to be frikken huge.

Drama much?

Here is the issue with foundry missions, people cannot design bosses aside from the low level elite mobs like ogres and what not. Than you have to take into account the fact that a lot of people will feel disappointed doing a 5 hour campaign foundry mission just to receive some silver or a green item. DnD is as much about loot as Diablo is, loot at the end of an adventure is what drives people. Sure there are people that enjoy it for the story, I for one would rather read a book for a story than play a foundry mission.

I have put probably close to 400 dollars into this game, and sadly I can't bring myself to log in anymore mainly because every couple of days its just another exploit. This game should not be doing a soft release. It needs to be back in closed beta, I sorta doubt we will see any new content within June, maybe July if there aren't a ton of exploits still in the game. Anyway that's my 2 cents on this whole thing.
  • gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    senseijohn wrote: »
    I fully expect that unless they start releasing new content quickly and regularly - and NOT just new stuff for the Zen store - this game will be nothing more than noobs, fanboi's and farmers in less than a year.

The economy is already so far out of whack that it may never recover. That's one important part of game longevity nowadays... a robust economy is important.

I think you'll see alot more people leaving as they hit 60 with mulitple characters and realize... oh wait... there's nothing to do... and nothing to look forward too...

The economy is fine. Astral diamonds continue to go up in value and there's a massive DEFLATION in the auction house.