Options

Neverwinter Zen Store Comparison - Dragon's Prophet

13»

Comments

• Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ikiane wrote: »
    This is just a snippet, please Google Dragon's Prophet if you want to know more, i'm not here to advertise, just display an exert comparison.

Lets have a chat, shall we?

I'd quit worrying about the prices.. Once this game loses over half its population within the first 90 days, and the fanboy's parent's start getting credit card bills.... the suckers spending money will evaporate and Cryptic will be forced to go into savior mode and reduce prices... unfortunately it will be too late... as if history has taught us nothing.

And then Wildstar and ESO dropping? I wish this game best of luck.. not to mention how many people are now well-versed on Cryptic's business ethics and how many won't be buying another title from them.. ever.

This game was nothing but another 'hurry out the door', grab as much cash as you can during the first 90 days then lead those that are left around with giant carrot promises of huge patches, class balancing and content updates..

Mark my words, bookmark this thread, chisel it in stone... this game will be on life-support by the end of the year.
  • Options
    jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    Luckily you can still play Neverwinter just fine without spending a dime of real money on zen.

which is incredibly irrelevant to the comparison posted in the original post.

it's a comparison of optional cash shop prices. whether or not it is necessary to utilize a game's cash shop is not relevant when you are comparing the prices of the optional cash shops.

quit deflecting from the real topic of the thread.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    desoro wrote: »
    I fear the new generation of gamers.

as do I.

the new generation that will go to any length to defend their chosen game from even the smallest, slightest, most miniscule amount of criticism.

in my generation, you can like a game and still be critical of it.
  • Options
    liquidc86liquidc86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dragon's prophet is great. ppl should try it out regardless of playing neverwinter.
    nothing to see here
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jmadfour wrote: »
    as do I.

the new generation that will go to any length to defend their chosen game from even the smallest, slightest, most miniscule amount of criticism.

Its the spoiled bratty warcraft generation that has allowed stuff like this to become the norm. When mommy is buying them everything they want they have no appreciation of good value and what it takes to earn money.

Flash back 20+ years ago when we had no broadband and etc... Why were we able to release rock-solid, tested games back then?

Especially with all the tools developers have now days, better compilers, better debuggers, better profilers, better tools for automating load testing, etc.... many of which are open source and free.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    liquidc86 wrote: »
    dragon's prophet is great. ppl should try it out regardless of playing neverwinter.

Most of us are already waiting on Wildtar and then ESO. I haven't done anything in this game except login for 1 min to pray in 2 weeks... I'm now about at a point where I've lost all hope and am contemplating uninstalling the game as it is taking up expensive real-estate on my SSD's. Maybe check back next summer and see the current state.... hopefully by then the "warcraft generation" has moved on like a locust plague and the economy and classes will be fixed... of course that is if I'm not fully immersed in wildstar or ESO.. but from the look of it, and based on feedback from friends in both beta's... at least one of those games will stick and be my next multi-year MMO.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Wildstar looks like a tab-target auto-attack combat mmo from what little i have seen. which means pass for me. despite all the cool features I've seen advertised for it.

Neverwinter and TERA spoiled me.

action, Aim-and-shoot combat, or no play.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Wildstar looks like a tab-target auto-attack combat mmo from what little i have seen. which means pass for me. despite all the cool features I've seen advertised for it.

Neverwinter and TERA spoiled me.

action, Aim-and-shoot combat, or no play.

Actually in Wildstar you have the option to use either combat mechanic. Tab/target-lock or first-person shooter-ish. Yes.. they thought well ahead.

Oh and by the way, Tera's combat was absolutely horrible.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Actually in Wildstar you have the option to use either combat mechanic. Tab/target-lock or first-person shooter-ish. Yes.. they thought well ahead.

Oh and by the way, Tera's combat was absolutely horrible.

I liked TERA's combat. I like Neverwinter's more though. It's like they took TERA's combat and improved it.

if i can aim-and-shoot in Wildstar, I'll consider it. also need a better laptop. bleh.
  • Options
    zentucknorzentucknor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Perfect World has some of the most outrageous pricing in F2P stores. Even the model for buying the Zen is unlike other stores where a tiered model exists, you spend more money and you get more in game currency for your dollar.
    Ever ask a halfling to watch over your stuff while you visit the privy? Was it there when you returned?
    Friar Kalien of Torm
    10.jpg
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    which is incredibly irrelevant to the comparison posted in the original post.

it's a comparison of optional cash shop prices. whether or not it is necessary to utilize a game's cash shop is not relevant when you are comparing the prices of the optional cash shops.

quit deflecting from the real topic of the thread.

Who are you.. The topic police? It is quite relevant if you need to buy stuff from the store to actually enjoy the game. Sorry if you don't agree but it's true!
  • Options
    danxbxdanxbx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kasuhari wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with having Cash Shop on F2P, but they price it horribly wrong and not in a good ways. For example, if they sale a Mount for $15, more people will buy it. If they price it at $40 maybe a few people buy it because the price is so steep. So if they price it less they are making more profits and everyone is happy, I don't see anything wrong with doing it this way because you get more sales by selling item for less. It have nothing to do with being cheap or who can offord it or not. It just more benefit for them to do it this way. But I guess this is PW, price will keep getting higher and higher. Soon you will be paying $60 for a mount on their next game. Oh wait, you already pay $200 for a Spider Mount and a Companions with Founder pack.

Using your example price points of $15 and $40. While it may be true that more people will buy a mount at $15, they would need sell 267% more mounts at $15 than they do at $40 to make the same amount as the $40 price point. It's their game and they can set the prices how they want. You have no data to back up that the price point is wrong.
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    as do I.

It's a question of quality of criticism. Very few posts as of late raise any valid points or do it in a reasonable/constructive/thought-out, let alone readable manner. So there's that.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zentucknor wrote: »
    Perfect World has some of the most outrageous pricing in F2P stores. Even the model for buying the Zen is unlike other stores where a tiered model exists, you spend more money and you get more in game currency for your dollar.

You clearly missed my example, on a previous page, of an Aeria store. They make Perfect World look like a charity.
  • Options
    clanrakkaclanrakka Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All things aside, the one difference between PWE and other "mainstream" developers is the use of the term "beta".

It doesn't concern me if people played a game in closed beta and report problems; that is to be expected.

But what really threw the integrity of the term "beta" totally out the window has been PWE's use of it as a semi-permanent catch-all excuse.

As a long time Project Manager i find it pretty unprofessional but these days standards don't seem to be in fashion.

Also note that SoE ended the sale of the pre-open beta "packs", unlike PWE which made it sound like they were going to be a limited time, really useful purchase.

Instead they dragged out their availability and they turned out to be pretty darn useless.
  • Options
    clanrakkaclanrakka Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    You clearly missed my example, on a previous page, of an Aeria store. They make Perfect World look like a charity.

Do they make JAAG games? (Just Another Asian Grinder).
  • Options
    kasuharikasuhari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    danxbx wrote: »
    Using your example price points of $15 and $40. While it may be true that more people will buy a mount at $15, they would need sell 267% more mounts at $15 than they do at $40 to make the same amount as the $40 price point. It's their game and they can set the prices how they want. You have no data to back up that the price point is wrong.

While I don't have any Data to backup, it is just common sense and there is already statistic show people tend to buy the item if the price is right. While it true, they need to sale more mount if they price it lower, but they ended up selling more. Like right now, you can't deny that looking at a $40 mount you don't feel like buying it. But if it $15 you will have the urge to buy it because not only you get your money worth, but you don't feel like dumping so much money into the game just to find out it's not the game you want to invest in. How do you think Walmart is dominating everyone? Or how China economy is even stronger then the US? Because people will spend if the price isn't so steep. Sure, you can set the mount at $40, but only a few will buy it ending up in a lost in profit.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clanrakka wrote: »
    Do they make JAAG games? (Just Another Asian Grinder).

Yep. With multiple different varieties of gamble boxes, temporary (disappears after 30 days!) inventory expansions, and weekend "sales" that encourage you to spend $100+ in order to earn some "bonus".

(Pretty funny one this week, actually..... they put out a "mystery" item. No clue what it is, but you can buy it! Quick, buy it! Limited quantities! Oh, and we'll slowly reveal hints as to what it is over time. But the more hints there are, the more it costs! Quick! Buy it! /facepalm)

edit: oh, yeah - no, I don't play their games currently. Tried one out while waiting for NW to hit open beta, and I still pop by their news page once in awhile to see what new travesty has occurred. It's great fun. :D
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kasuhari wrote: »
    Except that Dragon Prophet is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> game. I got invite to Close Beta and wow it amazing how a game can be so undervelop and fill with so many bugs. Attack animation is so choppy, sound effect is so bad, no music, character won't load, etc. Neverwinter is simply just more superior, but I agree with PW on cash shop on this game. They just went overboard. $200.00 for Founder Pack, and $40 for a Mount and Companion, $15 for a Bag? You got to be kidding me. If they are smart on it, they sale it for less = more people buy it rather then too expensive a few people buy it and they don't make as much profits. They just went overboard and being too greedy on the Cash Shop.

Real Betas are usually crappy:D

Games rushed live and labeled "open beta" shouldn't have devastating exploits that take forever to fix.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    Actually it'd be more like saying you really enjoy Burger King, but you think that Double Whopper is too ridiculous at 20$ a burger, where the McDonald's down the street you don't really care for sells Big Macs for 2$. You really want Burger King, but the price limiter makes it infeasible for you to properly enjoy it and are forced to go down the road to McDonald's which you don't like as much but can afford.

Yea really.. Let him see how many "bridge dewellers" are left once Wildstar drops.