test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patching extremely slow?

nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
So I've started trying to patch an hour ago and it more or less got stuck. Restarting Launcher didn't seem to help at all.

Extremely slow download right now
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    realborealbo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same problem for me. I'm going at about 1mb per 15 seconds
    Admiralsig.png
  • Options
    keirou85keirou85 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Mines going amazingly slow aswell...
    Test patched fine before maintanence, but live... wow.. just wow...
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yes same here , CM you need to put fresh Server Gerbils into the wheel that you use to power the servers.
  • Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I wish it was possible to use the Preview/Live files interchangably to shorten/reduce patch size and thus server load.
  • Options
    lazureelazuree Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They are not done with maintenance yet I believe, it said until 9:30PST so 12 min left...
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    That's what I thought lazuree, but dwightmc (admin) wrote that maint finished 40 minutes ago. That mssage in the launcher seems to be outdated. (and Server Light shows Green)
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    lazuree wrote: »
    They are not done with maintenance yet I believe, it said until 9:30PST so 12 min left...

Server status shows as green , plus usually it's possible to download the patch within a few minutes of the server being taken down ,its unusual for it to be this slow.
  • Options
    yeahnubbyyeahnubby Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm roughly downloading 1MB every 10 seconds :(
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    maintenance is finished. patching right after maintenance has finished can be slow due to many clients hitting the patch server at the same time.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    maintenance is finished. patching right after maintenance has finished can be slow due to many clients hitting the patch server at the same time.
    Sure, but it's not usually THIS slow. My download pauses every 30 seconds or so and is painfully slow when it's actually downloading
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    There was only 1 other time when I had this issue and that was a patch shortly after Feywild I believe it was
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Odd how the downloads were never this slow with the release of Mods 1 & 2. New content is usually when you have the peak of "many clients hitting the patch server at the same time."
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    There's just a lot of people patching. Moving this to bug reports in case there is an underlying issue. Thanks for the report!
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    In case this helps Cryptic to find out why it's patching slowly, here's a link from the last time this happened.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?478551-Problem-downloading-patch
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Patronising or what :rolleyes:
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    same here!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    In case this helps Cryptic to find out why it's patching slowly, here's a link from the last time this happened.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?478551-Problem-downloading-patch
    I posted in that thread as well. I missed my window of opportunity to do dailies that day, and it might well happen again today. But I guess I should just learn not to patch right after maintenance, but rather wait the 24 hours before I'll be able to patch again
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited December 2013

This is why we do PEER-TO-PEER downloading (torrents) - to go from ONE highspeed patch server to MILLIONS of patch servers.
    Unbelievable a company wouldn't support peer-to-peer downloading these days.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Patronising comments aside, this continues to be both glacially slow and prone to stalling. There is a problem, from a user's POV. Whether it's routeflap or woeful under-provisioning of a CDN isn't really something that need worry users. The patching should work better than this.