What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.41

Comments

• Options
    suliramsuliram Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *Tosses food for the trolls in the forum* Thanks for a great game and I love your weekly maintenance! Thats more than you see on many p2p games :D
  • Options
    bagladykillerbagladykiller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tinypyro wrote: »
    Many thousands of people think this game is fantastic. Myself included. You won't find many on the forums though. For any game. Most people come to the forums when they are unhappy.

I come to see what's going on, its the whiney jerks that make me unhappy...so I usually don't stay long.
  • Options
    boudebaboudeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for those updates. I hope the exploiter of the AH will stop what they doing.

And for those who are whining well i can understand you and im sure cryptic does too but you should think that some bug take more time to work on them specially if you dont want to break the game more. If they finally fix a power maybe it will broke another one, maybe broke the class and then you will whine again that they broke everything. If they can find a fix for some small bug without breaking anything they will work on this one while then do something else after. Cryptic is a business and they employees who are humans, who they cost money, who become sick and miss 2-3 days of work, that's mean if this person was working on a bug and he's not there the bug can't be fix at the very moment so we need to wait again.

Oh and by the way since the first cb they found out that they weren,t having enough dev so they took some from Champions Online. And they should probly get more but that's mean more $$ to spend so they would need new income and it's probably hard since this game is mostly free to play. Well for me it's really free to play since i don't think i will spend money anytime soon, nothing interest me in the Zen store and what is interesting i can buy it with the AD i do in-game.

Keep up the great work Cryptic, this game is amazing. But can't wait that Champions Online get their Devs back :)
  • Options
    bagladykillerbagladykiller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tinypyro wrote: »
    Finally a reasonable argument. But you nailed it. Money. Most of the "old school" games that you speak of were counting on revenue generated by box sales. Cryptic and any other company that puts out a totally free to play model has no choice but to use a "soft launch" to generate revenue while polishing the game prior to announcing official launch. But as long as they make it clear that we should expect bugs, exploits, and issues, we really shouldn't be surprised or upset when we find them.

Don't give them credit, they copy-pasta'd from massively, not one original word from the poster there.
  • Options
    liquidc86liquidc86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i loled at the notes. and the sheep keep happy :)
    nothing to see here
  • Options
    savaikunsavaikun Member Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I LOVE YOU CRYPTIC! THANK YOU FOR INTRODUCING A GAME THAT "I" CAN DEVELOP AND INTRODUCE MY OWN QUESTS TO THE PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD. I LOVE being an author of my own quests and having others take part in them. Awesome work! I can't wait to see what you have in store for us for the future!

Savai,
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's like you didn't notice you were shouting until middle of it.
    :D

I'd love to test the game, maybe the mail issue was fixed even if it wasn't mentioned on the notes. If i could just get past the 'Loading Protector's Enclave...' screen.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    jjeshopjjeshop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    syst1 wrote: »
    Didn't they game go open Beta on the 30th? Whats months and months?

no, it went live. hence the "L" next to the name on the website.
    IGN: Teseanna

Closed :D Beta :D Tester
    [SIGPIC]i100.photobucket.com/albums/m23/jjeshop/ooo-1.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What are the EXACT changes on the skill nodes?

vague patch notes -> nty.
    do your job properly or just don't do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • Options
    mamorukmamoruk Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is anyone else stuck on the loading screen to protectors enclave?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Changed the skill nodes that once you have open it, you can't open it again, ever, most likely.
    Weirder **** has happened here. It's Cryptic, they're cryptic about everything.
    :rolleyes:

So far 23 minutes 'Loading Protector's Enclave...'
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    scarvengerrscarvengerr Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anyone has having this issue when launcher start the patch download : error 36 a files was locked that could not open for writing....restart in 9,8,7.......
  • Options
    e11ze11z Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No-one cares if you think the game is in BETA or LIVE.

Just ***--king play the damned game and if you don't like it or you think it's buggy Goodbye and s-t-****.

Seriously the amount of whiney little twerps in this game is ridiculous.
    The Best PVP Guild on Dragon/Neverwinter: YoloOldSkoolSwagLoveNeverGingersLuvDupStep even if it's just one of us, you might as well just afk.
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oroness wrote: »
    What are the EXACT changes on the skill nodes?

vague patch notes -> nty.
    do your job properly or just don't do it.

They said they'll be releasing more info on one happened soon.
  • Options
    lowthunderlowthunder Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It 11am here, Thanks dev team for all the hard work at night your side, I hope the coffee is free too:D! Cant wait to finish work and go play!
  • Options
    breagandaerthbreagandaerth Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think you know what soft launch means. It actually is a definable term, and has been since waaaaay before massively was around. A soft launch is a little marketed, limited launch of a product(a video game, in this case) for testing purposes and to gauge market response. This game has marketing out the wazoo to get more people playing to test the product that is still in development. This is not a soft launch, it's an Open Beta, at the end of which there will be no wipes...hence the zen shop being live. If there was going to be a wipe at full release, then there would be many angry players if the cash shop was live.

For all of you people so pissed that they aren't doing what YOU want in the game you can play FREE and win FREE, leave...problem solved. Like someone else said, you can get zen with 0 dollars. I don't have as much as that last guy, but I have enough to be happy with. I have 2 60's who are fully geared, and enchanted, 0 dollars spent. Get over your entitled selves and move on if you're so unhappy.

Actually cathgar only copied and pasted the first paragraph from massively but never put quotations on it. I have a feeling he didn't read the entire article or he probably wouldn't have pasted a link to it. But it should be noted that this is their assessment they gave of Neverwinter.

"But the free-to-play invasion of the last few years has changed how testing works, and I'm not just talking about East Asian import games with their endless betas. Western MMOs like Guild Wars 2 have popularized standoffish, truncated beta weekends and testing cycles that work better for the development teams (or at least their hype squads). With Neverwinter, we're actually witnessing one of the first AAA MMORPGs that is soft launching with absolutely no shame. Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic didn't try to hide the launch of open beta like so many other studios have done. They've been honest that the game was still in testing, honest about the cash shop, honest about not wiping characters, honest about the head start. You may have issues with the game -- as I type this, one of my guildies is #7103 in the login queue -- and you may not like the idea that soft launching is a thing, but at least it's honest.

It's certainly a lot more honest than calling an unfinished, buggy game a real launch and taking your money anyway, which is what most AAA games do. With Neverwinter, you can play it and give the game money, or you can wait. You get to choose.

This is why we're calling it a soft launch and why it's getting the launch-week treatment from us. A soft launch is exactly what this is, and Cryptic gave the entire community so much warning that we were able to prepare for it."
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To those complaining about whether it is Open Beta or Live on the website should go use PWE's Arc platform. On Arc it says Neverwinter is Open BETA

Arc.jpg
  • Options
    paulofpaulof Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My game get stuck after character selection screen, anyone else get same issue after patching the game?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mamoruk wrote: »
    is anyone else stuck on the loading screen to protectors enclave?
    Exactly what i get too.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rhoric wrote:
    To those complaining about whether it is Open Beta or Live on the website should go use PWE's Arc platform. On Arc it says Neverwinter is Open BETA

Or they could go the Perfect Worlds main site and see that NeverWinter is marked with L, which seem to mean Live.
    :confused:
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    marcioohmarciooh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    How in earth is it possible, while they fix and change so little things, the game has to update for 150-200 mb????

Usually I don't care, at home I have a fast internet connection and it's done in a few mins. But now on holiday in centerparcs with crappy wifi. Takes hours to patch files that big ....
    "Every online game requires more to give than it offers or it's not worth actually playing. Even though we all know this we still decide to play anyway."

:cool:
  • Options
    xelitezxelitez Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    These patch notes are getting worse and worse, there are major game-breaking issues in this game and yet all we ever get is pointless fixes like two quests getting their rewards reduced. Fix the fact that 9/10 PvP games at least 1 person doesn't get teleported to the map which would reduce the amount of 5v* be a huge amount and would make PvP a lot better. Fix the latest GF block issue which is making the class pointless to play and as stated before fix the bugged AH features that don't work. Now anyone of you can argue to you're blue in the face "OMG IT'S BETA WAIT WAIT WAIT". The AH should have been working BEFORE "open beta" "soft launch". People should have been able to join a PvP game BEFORE "open beta" "soft launch".
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I had two chars, one at lv 8, another at lv 46.
    after new patch, i'm able to load the game if i choose the the lv 8 char, but if i choose the lv 46, my game stucks at loading game to protector's enclave.
  • Options
    diedel443diedel443 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    paulof wrote: »
    I had two chars, one at lv 8, another at lv 46.
    after new patch, i'm able to load the game if i choose the the lv 8 char, but if i choose the lv 46, my game stucks at loading game to protector's enclave.

How long did you wait ? A friend had the same problem and after waitint a long time it worked again, now he can load the cahr normally again.

Anybody figured out yet how the praying XP works ? I usually rest around 8-9 (6-8 UTC) for me, but today i haven't gotten anything yet, praying just gives nothing, except for the buff.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    diedel443 wrote: »
    How long did you wait ? A friend had the same problem and after waitint a long time it worked again, now he can load the cahr normally again.

Anybody figured out yet how the praying XP works ? I usually rest around 8-9 (6-8 UTC) for me, but today i haven't gotten anything yet, praying just gives nothing, except for the buff.
    Last time i tried to load the higher char, i wait over 10 minutes.
    i just uninstall the client, and installing it again, hope to solve my problem.
  • Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good to see some random fixes to things that don't appear to have been problems in the first place.

And while we're at it, don't you dare play either of my foundry missions (see sig), you'll hate them..
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • Options
    vylkervylker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    When Gaulntrym goes live?????
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ctrl+Alt+Del to Taskmanager and back seem to work, for me somehow, for the 'Loading Protector's Enclave...'
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Ctrl+Alt+Del to Taskmanager and back seem to work, for me somehow, for the 'Loading Protector's Enclave...'

Not for me, i delete game, reinstall and seems to work like charm now.
  • Options
    alfinnetealfinnete Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    God. fix the loading screen in the patch ... should pay more attention to what is making the players stop playing due to lack of patience to play!

Nobody wants to reinstall the game and run the risk team to launch the problem again, just fix it!
This discussion has been closed.