test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GF Block is BROKEN as of most recent patch

Comments

• Options
    azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    raffaala wrote: »
    I did like playing my GF until this bug now it is broken and no fun to play....

I know the feeling, mine is currently benched as well - I've been playing my other alts for the last few days. =/
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    mchaywiremchaywire Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Only way I could get something similar is by raising the guard very quickly after dropping it. Like Eidama said, if there's a second between dropping and raising it seems ok. Maybe too quick for system to register?
  • Options
    zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    odiboy wrote: »
    Hey, I am sure you don't hear this enough as it seems most prefer to complain instead of accepting that things can go wrong.
    But I think you guys are doing a great job, I have been looking into this as I play a GF as well and it only happens if you drop your shield and put it up within a half a second (give or take a few ms)

The change when you moved it server side made the reaction slower in this case but it is still preferable to have everything server side (which everyone has whined trying to get) so we can stop the exploiters using client side tools.

I am most likely going to be considered a brown nose'r for saying something nice about he devs but I frankly don't care.

I am waiting for the aggro "Fix" (more like an aggro re-position) just so that my cleric won't die :D

So like I said keep up the good work, most of the complainers will eventually leave and the die-hards will remain

To all those saying the block does not work, it does. I have never had it fail when I needed it (well maybe once, its hard to keep track all the time). There is no point in dropping it to pick it up right away and if you do an attack first it wont fail. (unless you hold in the shift button within .5 seconds of letting it go) it just takes some time to get used to, but it is not broken, a shorter delay would be nice, but for that you would need to live closer to the servers.

*Sigh What you are talking about is not even the main problem.

Once again THIS is the big issue at hand-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ_gMsL8KHU

I get the feeling you are a terrible guardian if you don't notice this..
  • Options
    gottneverwintergottneverwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I haven't benched mine, but it's costing me a ton in potions, and it's getting very annoying.
  • Options
    sophismsophism Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lair of the Mad Dragon took me 50 potions on my GF alt today. And I can guarantee that I'd have used half of that amount if my block wasn't as fidgety as it is currently.

It's pretty damned obnoxious to not be able to trust on seeing your character holding her shield up, sometimes a full two seconds before an attack lands, only for it to go through anyway, because hahah, you used an encounter power, and that bugged your guard.

It's been two weeks since one of my Cleric's Divine Mode at-wills disappeared from my bars after a respec. And support has asked questions that I had already answered in my original ticket, demonstrated a complete lack of knowledge of how their game works, closed tickets, stopped responding, got their in-game ticket system to stop working to go along with their off-game ticket system being in a perpetual redirection loop.

Hopefully this issue doesn't take as long, since it's affecting way more players than just the handful of idiots like me that spent money on a respec early, unknowingly triggering a bug with their class that support refuses or is incapable of fixing.
  • Options
    sweetjersweetjer Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    I'm just baffled that the only response we've received thus far is the bogus one from panderus. 20 pages and 186 posts later (just in this particular thread about it), and we're still left to assume this is working as intended. I understand panderus QQ'd out of the thread, but all he did was make us madder at an already frustrating situation. Why isn't there a community manager or actual dev who knows what's up chiming in to placate our fears that GF is doomed? Maybe the patch tonight will fix it, but again, all we can assume is that GF is done for and we might as well reroll. I mean hell, panderus got upset and quit this thread faster than I gave up blocking with my GF ffs. And he's getting paid to QQ. Unfortunately I was leveling platesmithing on my GF as well, and I'm not sure if it's worth continuing to press forward at this point.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sweetjer wrote: »
    I'm just baffled that the only response we've received thus far is the bogus one from panderus.

Panderus has been called a liar, a troll, and now bogus and a QQer.

He's the one of the few devs that actually posts regularly in the forums.

This thread is not going to get any more responses. Next time you'll see this addressed will be in the patch notes. It's just barely possible that the CM will put in a "Your feedback is important to us! Thanks!" after another thirty pages or so.

Congrats?
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    odiboyodiboy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    zzzzzdank wrote: »

Heh, I know exactly what the problem is, its like I said, do not hold in the shift button until the attack is almost over and this will not happen, and where in my posts does it say I didn't notice it? I actually said I can reproduce it at will, just know what causes it and work around it until the game gets optimized server side.

I agree it is annoying, but like I also said, maybe it is because my latency etc. is better that I don't have it as bad, I cannot vouch for that, I can say that I am able to work around it with little issue

This thread is not going to get any more responses. Next time you'll see this addressed will be in the patch notes. It's just barely possible that the CM will put in a "Your feedback is important to us! Thanks!" after another thirty pages or so.

Congrats?

I agree, the way the devs are treated when they are finally able to make it to the forums to post something is appalling, I don't find it strange that the devs barely come on here when they get treated like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> each and every time.
  • Options
    zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    odiboy wrote: »
    Heh, I know exactly what the problem is, its like I said, do not hold in the shift button until the attack is almost over and this will not happen, and where in my posts does it say I didn't notice it? I actually said I can reproduce it at will, just know what causes it and work around it until the game gets optimized server side.

I agree it is annoying, but like I also said, maybe it is because my latency etc. is better that I don't have it as bad, I cannot vouch for that, I can say that I am able to work around it with little issue

I agree, the way the devs are treated when they are finally able to make it to the forums to post something is appalling, I don't find it strange that the devs barely come on here when they get treated like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> each and every time.

I guess I read your post wrong, I apologize for the last comment.. I as well can work around the problem, it's a matter of retraining muscle memory. Still it's quite annoying. I would be happy if they made block just not work at all instead of entering this bug state if they can't manage to make it more responsive. It sucks it forces you to play with less reaction speed, but it's still doable.
  • Options
    odiboyodiboy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    I guess I read your post wrong, I apologize for the last comment.. I as well can work around the problem, it's a matter of retraining muscle memory. Still it's quite annoying. I would be happy if they made block just not work at all instead of entering this bug state if they can't manage to make it more responsive. It sucks it forces you to play with less reaction speed, but it's still doable.

:) Don't worry I didn't take offense

I agree it would be better for the extra response time, so here's to hoping that will happen soon :D
  • Options
    basement12basement12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    give us back our block or nerf TR
  • Options
    thannonrathannonra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For me, it isn't just block. Its any encounter or keypress. That speaks to latency in my opinion. I have done Block > Encounter > Block only to be hit by the next big attack because the block wasn't really up yet on the server due to latency since the change to server side blocking and such.

See, when you press the button, your client makes your display of the character move into block stance even if the server hasn't registered the block yet... Ta daa! You get hit with block up because it isn't really up.

However, I've also encountered a bug where after getting hit by that attack, the block stance drops of its own accord and wont pick back up until you release shift and press it again. So, at that point you are sitting there holding shift and block is down even though you have block meter remaining.

In essence, it is a bug CAUSED by latencey issues. Something goes wrong in the processing that allows the block to drop even though the key has been held.
  • Options
    teapotguruteapotguru Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mavalon wrote: »
    Half the feats are already broken.
    Now the class is completely broken.

The name open beta was not a bad choice however open alpha might have been more convincing.

Nailed it. +1 ^^
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »

Congrats?

It's almost like you didn't read the post I'm referring to....blind defense of devs is pretty cool, though. The backlash you/he/other whiners refer to is pretty lukewarm in terms of internet backlash. I believe all anyone really said was "we're not satisfied with that answer" and it was read as vitriol for some reason. Talk about straw man arguments. It's really pretty ridiculous.

You're acting like because it's standard practice for Cryptic to ignore customer complaints out of hand that it's the proper way to handle customer support. Total sheep-thinking going on there. Even if the backlash was offensive, cruel, abusive, whatever, that's no reason to end the discourse surrounding a legitimate issue. It's the internet, dude. Man up, grow a pair, and quit QQing over imagined offenses or even legitimate ones. Fix the issue or at least do some customer support. I used to work in CS, and even when you have a customer flipping out and telling you to get cancer, you don't just feign ignorance and end the conversation. Sure, call them out for being vitrolic but you don't just whine off and don't come back. And let's just be SUPER clear here: no one did anything even close to wishing misfortune on him. No one even said anything even close to being offensive at all. Grats to you too, though, for being the most super honorable white knight...for a developer who said an issue reported en masse was actually a feature.

Yeah I said he QQ'd, that means he quit. That's what he did. He quit the thread because people didn't fall at his feet to thank him for his bs answer (some posters even actually did exactly that). You're acting like we should drink up anything a developer says like its frigging ambrosia or something.

I honestly don't care if HE comes back here, I want a proper answer from cryptic. I've beta'd for games with legit teams before that steel themselves in the face of the unwashed internet masses and do some real talk. That's not what's happening here. He gave a lazy answer and wrote us off then split when we turned on him. And I just re-read the entire section between his first comment and when he decided to leave in a huff in his second comment. This is what happened: BS answer from dev. Multiple people said they found it insulting. Dev answers by saying NO YOU CAN'T BE INSULTED BECAUSE IM INSULTED AND IM NO LONGER GRACING YOU WITH MY PRESENCE (paraphrase). And then you guys come in like cavalry to save the poor dev's hurt feelings. Silly, ridiculous stuff.

Also for the record, you, me, and everyone else, probably/hopefully including panderus at this point, know that the answer was bogus. That's not offensive, it's just plain fact. One last thing: there are literally 30 posts between when he first commented (post 28 for the record) and when he last commented (58). Go read them. It takes only a few (not even remotely offensive posts) before the straw man gets built by one of the whiners/honorable heroes like you. smh...

edited for readability request but not out of necessity.
  • Options
    datdanktankdatdanktank Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Make a video of you moonwalking next :cool:
  • Options
    spottedbr90spottedbr90 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    azahron wrote: »
    I know the feeling, mine is currently benched as well - I've been playing my other alts for the last few days. =/

they made a fix that brokes the game... I LOVED IT!

-n
  • Options
    mavalonmavalon Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2013
    No fix in this patch.
    Maybe its time to follow the crowd and shelf our gf as a bank alt.

The game is slowly changing from dungeons and dragons into rogues and wizards.
  • Options
    cirith974cirith974 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to agree with this. I believe that there is a bug with either the guard meter and the animation.
  • Options
    ninjaclarinetninjaclarinet Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since a delay seems inevitable with how they have to code it, it seems a simple matter to implement a fade or a global cooldown icon over the block meter immediately after releasing to prevent you from putting up the shield again "too soon". It's not ideal, but it would allow the GFs to develop a predictable rhythm to their combat without the guesswork of an "invisible" cooldown.
  • Options
    uzurperuzurper Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    Theres actually a short cooldown and activate time on block and other Shift powers. Its better to keep block up than let it down if you are going to need it again so quickly.

They are also all predicted client side, so if theres a bit of latency and you get hit when trying to dodge/block something late it will rubberband you back, but most times it just lets block and roll feel smoother, which is critical for these sorts of abilities to feel and look better in more cases.

Its the stack type of action/ability resovling that is actually frustrating and causes this. It basically resets anything you do within that 1 and a half seconds window where you can stack an ability to resolves. Trained stack type mechanics meet real time mechanics = fail. Ive even had 2 cooldowns reset after reacting to something only to notice that after 1 second you get picked up and basically nothing you did happened. I'm not saying its not something you can adjust to, it just feels stupid, limits reaction to anticipation to a point where you can exploit it (you can dodge ultimates in pvp, entire smoke bombs, mages can reset your dodge, stealth and teleport, you can see a guy preping to use a skill and simply do a dodge thus making his next abilities fail...etc). Dodge = real time mechanic. The system you have now, where there cant be 2 abilities in effect at once, and atleast with such a huuuge resolve time is simply TBS and does not go with real time mechanics.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's almost like you didn't read the post I'm referring to....blind defense of devs is pretty cool, though.

Bull. Actually, it's clear that you need to re-read his posts. Here, I'll help you out.
    Theres actually a short cooldown and activate time on block and other Shift powers. Its better to keep block up than let it down if you are going to need it again so quickly.

They are also all predicted client side, so if theres a bit of latency and you get hit when trying to dodge/block something late it will rubberband you back, but most times it just lets block and roll feel smoother, which is critical for these sorts of abilities to feel and look better in more cases.

Ok, so all he's doing here is describing how the Block system is coded to work. If you think Pandarus' being too sensitive, then maybe everyone who read this as "F-off, nothing's wrong" should have a good long look in the mirror.

And then there was this:
    Well if you guys really feel as though there is something beyond what I posted then we can look into it some. However I made the statement without researching further since there has not been any changes to the shift powers at all as far as I am aware. We have been saving those for the major content patch unless it was critical.

Also, I considered not posting to this thread at all with all the backlash I got. This will certainly be my last.

It is impossible to make the shift powers instant, without any sort of cooldowns, client side predict AND still not have any rubberbanding effects when the client is lagged whilst ignoring lag and not be exploitable. Some things must give to feel responsive in more cases and still live in the world where lag and exploits could exist.

Ok. What did he say here? He said he made the first statement without research because he wasn't aware of any changes to the Block coding. However, because players continued to express the feeling that there was a problem, he was willing to look into it. Then he explained, in more detail, why the mechanic is designed the way it is.
    The backlash you/he/other whiners refer to is pretty lukewarm in terms of internet backlash. I believe all anyone really said
    was "we're not satisfied with that answer" and it was read as vitriol for some reason.

Let's go there.

quit trying to cover it up with a fake excuse
    pilf3r wrote: »
    they came up with this excuse,
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    This. Is. Insulting.
    That response from Cryptic is a total brush-off.
    dahkohtlew wrote: »
    Beyond insulting.

This happened after your last patch , and you know it. You changed something on your end but don't want to admit it screwed up block.
    zurkhon wrote: »
    making goofy, uneducated comments.

the development team has proven time and time again that they are not getting in and testing changes

it would probably be a better idea to use humans instead of a trained monkey.
    More and more angered by this reply.

my guess is you are gone from this thread and not touching it again after spewing this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    Then he should not pipe in without checking things out first.

Sort of the way things should be checked out before implementing into the actual game also ?
    zurkhon wrote: »
    They should not be making blind statements that they have no knowledge of.
    Again , the DEV , that's right , the PAID DEVELOPER , should check into this , be aware of the facts , before making the post.

Maybe he should use some reason
    Add "often wrong" to their posts and you'd have it nailed.
    Talk about straw man arguments. It's really pretty ridiculous. You're acting like because it's standard practice for Cryptic to ignore customer complaints out of hand that it's the proper way to handle customer support. Total sheep-thinking going on there. Even if the backlash was offensive, cruel, abusive, whatever, that's no reason to end the discourse surrounding a legitimate issue. It's the internet, dude. Man up, grow a pair, and quit QQing over imagined offenses or even legitimate ones. Fix the issue or at least do some customer support. I used to work in CS, and even when you have a customer flipping out and telling you to get cancer, you don't just feign ignorance and end the conversation. Sure, call them out for being vitrolic but you don't just whine off and don't come back. And let's just be SUPER clear here: no one did anything even close to wishing misfortune on him. No one even said anything even close to being offensive at all.

Except his job isn't CS. His job doesn't have anything to do with the forums at all. He's here on his day off from his job to engage with the player-base. If you can't respect that, then you deserve to be stuck with the people whose job it is to taze the internet losers. The CMs.
    Grats to you too, though, for being the most super honorable white knight...for a developer who said an issue reported en masse was actually a feature. Yeah I said he QQ'd, that means he quit. That's what he did. He quit the thread because people didn't fall at his feet to thank him for his bs answer (some posters even actually did exactly that). You're acting like we should drink up anything a developer says like its frigging ambrosia or something.

You really should figure out what is wrong with you. What I'm doing is not white-knighting. It's called being a sensible empathetic human being.
    I honestly don't care if HE comes back here,

That's good. I hope you also don't care about whether your issues get heard or not.
    I want a proper answer from cryptic.

Good luck with that. When you shoot the messengers, messages stop getting through.
    I've beta'd for games with legit teams before that steel themselves in the face of the unwashed internet masses and do some real talk.

Wow. I'm sure we're all in awe of your beta experience - so the Cryptic team isn't 'legit' then?
    Also for the record, you, me, and everyone else, probably/hopefully including panderus at this point, know that the answer was bogus. That's not offensive, it's just plain fact.

Go for it. Prove any of his statements factually wrong. Either that or eat your words.
    smh...

Careful you don't hurt your neck.

Finally, paragraphs are not an endangered species.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If the problem really is that they moved the shift abiletys to the server instead of the client because of hackers.

Isnt it possible to move them back to the client and use a system that checks when you load into the game if your client has been modified in any way?

And when the client is modified the game doesnt let you in and asks you to reinstall?
  • Options
    uncag3duncag3d Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    keshavex wrote: »
    Easy to test. Stand anywhere, Protector's Realm, or safe area in a dungeon or zone.

1) Hold down Shift, your shield goes up and stays up, blocking.
    2) Let go of Shift, blocking ends.
    3) Quickly hold down Shift again. Shield goes up again, but then inexplicably drops, even while Shift is down. Blocking just stops working. Damage incoming. 1 or 2-shot boss with knockdown, dead GF. Wipe.

This is our class defining mechanic and it doesn't work as of the last patch. The reason, apparently, was because they moved this mechanic server-side to avoid hacks that were altering client side values. The one thing that Ralf Koster taught about MMO design in 1998 was that "The client is your ENEMY. Never put ANYTHING client side". This is still true 15 years later, it's hard to understand why blocking AND stamina regen were implemented client side. Sure, it is more responsive, but look what happens. The inevitable.

Now that blocking has been moved server side, it doesn't work. That's obviously not a workable solution, so I hope PWE is aware of this issue and is working hard to fix it. Meanwhile, please bump this thread GFs to keep the issue front and center.

Thanks

Edit: given all the confirmation in the latter part of this thread, please note that some of the following posts that deny a problem exists have since confirmed the bug in subsequent posts.

LMFAO where do you plan on them moving it then???? you make no sense
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
    From #1 Guild Pve/Pvp [ Lemonade Stand ]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    @ elessym: Everything you posted just displays a basic lack of experience in internet-based communities. Furthermore, if his job isn't CS, he shouldn't be customer facing. A company this big should be paying people to make informed or at least measured responses. Personally I would have preferred an answer along the lines of "Thanks we'll look into it" over what AGAINAGAINAGAIN amounts to "There is no problem here. Working as intended. Move along."

There is no cooldown on the block ability, that's not at all what this is about. That is in fact the BS part of the statement. That's the crux. If there is a cooldown it is indicated nowhere whatsoever and was not in play before last week.

Sounds like you prefer this "empathy" thing over critical thinking, though I don't really see where empathy comes in here. But how's this for empathy: An ignored section of the player-base gets the brush-off (yep, saying it again, and again not offensive) and then gets moderately upset over it. That's the same thing as lighting torches and grabbing our pitchforks about it, of course and obviously.

Another thing: if you see vitriol in ANY of the quotes you provided as support of your assertion then you are absolutely nuts. Not only that, but you laughably remove some of the context in a couple of those quotes to make them SEEM more mean than they actually are. Kinda clever, definitely subtle, but you didn't fool me, bud. The meanest ::sounding:: comment you quoted was arguably the person who mentioned a trained monkey, for instance, but he actually said this:
    but honestly the development team has proven time and time again that they are not physically getting in and testing changes prior to the live version of the game. And if you claim that you are then it would probably be a better idea to use humans instead of a trained monkey
    See the difference? He's saying that the subpar QA is indicating either negligence or incompetence from the QA department. Hyperbolic? A bit. But no statement or attack on panderus whatsoever. Your quote, of course, makes it seem otherwise. Furthermore, it seems that your block quotes there undermine your own argument. You're saying the dev's post wasn't a brush-off and that he doesn't need to speak in a CS-manner cause he's not CS...but yet there are seven upset people disagreeing with you right in your own dang post. And those are just the ones you elected to quote.

Next: My point about prior beta participation wasn't to rub in your face or brag that I have testing experience. I assume most of us participating actively in these forums have some kind of prior beta experience, and if you don't, well I guess that explains a bit why you find this line of discussion necessary at all. The point was to rub in your face that I've worked with teams that don't run away at the slightest sign of customer discontent. More straw-manning, but that's ok.

CM's job isn't to "taze internet losers," it's to make sure the community doesn't sour against the development team or turn into a cannibalistic trolling mess. They are there to guide discussion and serve as liaisons between the devs and the forums. Obviously doing a bang-up job of it in this thread. And let's not forget their most important job: banning SEO spammers and deleting the related spam. You know, the real reason panderus isn't here and won't be back probably isn't even a perceived (emphasis on perceived) slight: his boss probably told him not to do it anymore for the exact reasons we're pissed -- for giving bad answers which provide zero contribution to discussion and which stir up frustration in the people doing the company a service by reporting issues. I know if I were his boss, I'd tell him to get back to whatever the hell his actual job is and stay off the forums. CM's should be passing these things to devs, getting answers, responding to us... Sigh. I'm done here. I'll be back if substance happens.

p.s. I didn't WANT to split paragraphs for you, but inserting a quote forced me. ;P Annnd then I came back here to further format it because I eventually capitulated to the criticism.
  • Options
    odainekromosodainekromos Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    had the same issue hammering block and he just didnt raised the shield <.<
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mavalon wrote: »
    If the problem really is that they moved the shift abiletys to the server instead of the client because of hackers.

Isnt it possible to move them back to the client and use a system that checks when you load into the game if your client has been modified in any way?

And when the client is modified the game doesnt let you in and asks you to reinstall?

Edit: I realise this is not a hotfix but maybe something for module 2?
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @ elessym: Everything you posted just displays a basic lack of experience in internet-based communities. Furthermore, if his job isn't CS, he shouldn't be customer facing. A company this big should be paying people to make informed or at least measured responses. Personally I would have preferred an answer along the lines of "Thanks we'll look into it" over what AGAINAGAINAGAIN amounts to "There is no problem here. Working as intended. Move along." There is no cooldown on the block ability, that's not at all what this is about. That is in fact the BS part of the statement. That's the crux. If there is a cooldown it is indicated nowhere whatsoever and was not in play before last week. Sounds like you prefer this "empathy" thing over critical thinking, though I don't really see where empathy comes in here. But how's this for empathy: An ignored section of the player-base gets the brush-off (yep, saying it again, and again not offensive) and then gets moderately upset over it. That's the same thing as lighting torches and grabbing our pitchforks about it, of course and obviously. Another thing: if you see vitriol in ANY of the quotes you provided as support of your assertion then you are absolutely nuts. Not only that, but you laughably remove some of the context in a couple of those quotes to make them SEEM more mean than they actually are. Kinda clever, definitely subtle, but you didn't fool me, bud. The meanest ::sounding:: comment you quoted was arguably the person who mentioned a trained monkey, for instance, but he actually said this:
    See the difference? He's saying that the subpar QA is indicating either negligence or incompetence from the QA department. Hyperbolic? A bit. But no statement or attack on panderus whatsoever. Your quote, of course, makes it seem otherwise. Furthermore, it seems that your block quotes there undermine your own argument. You're saying the dev's post wasn't a brush-off and that he doesn't need to speak in a CS-manner cause he's not CS...but yet there are seven upset people disagreeing with you right in your own dang post. And those are just the ones you elected to quote. Next: My point about prior beta participation wasn't to rub in your face or brag that I have testing experience. I assume most of us participating actively in these forums have some kind of prior beta experience, and if you don't, well I guess that explains a bit why you find this line of discussion necessary at all. The point was to rub in your face that I've worked with teams that don't run away at the slightest sign of customer discontent. More straw-manning, but that's ok. CM's job isn't to "taze internet losers," it's to make sure the community doesn't sour against the development team or turn into a cannibalistic trolling mess. They are there to guide discussion and serve as liaisons between the devs and the forums. Obviously doing a bang-up job of it in this thread. And let's not forget their most important job: banning SEO spammers and deleting the related spam. You know, the real reason panderus isn't here and won't be back probably isn't even a perceived (emphasis on perceived) slight: his boss probably told him not to do it anymore for the exact reasons we're pissed -- for giving bad answers which provide zero contribution to discussion and which stir up frustration in the people doing the company a service by reporting issues. I know if I were his boss, I'd tell him to get back to whatever the hell his actual job is and stay off the forums. CM's should be passing these things to devs, getting answers, responding to us... Sigh. I'm done here. I'll be back if substance happens.

p.s. I didn't WANT to split paragraphs for you, but inserting a quote forced me. ;P

TL;DR, paragraphs pl0x.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Edited posts for readability due to a couple of direct requests and then a very passive aggressively worded criticism, but I find it wholly unnecessary and nit-picky. I'm not trying to write a thesis here. It was just a rant. If you find block text difficult to read, zoom in your browser or skip it. The lack of paragraphs in these posts does not at all limit their logical flow. i.e. they are totally understandable without splitting topics like that.
  • Options
    tarlockentarlocken Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well if you guys really feel as though there is something beyond what I posted then we can look into it some. However I made the statement without researching further since there has not been any changes to the shift powers at all as far as I am aware. We have been saving those for the major content patch unless it was critical.

Also, I considered not posting to this thread at all with all the backlash I got. This will certainly be my last.

It is impossible to make the shift powers instant, without any sort of cooldowns, client side predict AND still not have any rubberbanding effects when the client is lagged whilst ignoring lag and not be exploitable. Some things must give to feel responsive in more cases and still live in the world where lag and exploits could exist.
    I don't think you're quite aware of the issue here. Could you please have someone go back and try to recreate the problem that I and many others are experiencing? I'm not sure the GF population of the community can take much more going wrong with our class without some fixes coming through as well.

Simply acknowledging that there is a problem would go a long way with us. Thank you for your response and please do get back to us.