test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

THIS you've never seen before! [UGC] Ask Not Whence the Thunder Comes - And CONTEST

Comments

• Options
    luther8luther8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ellindar1 wrote: »
    No, unfortunately that little pop in those mobs do is always done. Its just if they are spawned already you never notice it. Its a game limitation :(

ah wow i must of been lagging really bad then.
    The Adventures of Sherlock Colms

Quest I
    The Mysteries at Fang Ridge!
    Short code: NW-DGTN72HYL
  • Options
    ellindar1ellindar1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    luther8 wrote: »
    ah wow i must of been lagging really bad then.

No, you weren't lagging as those are made to spawn if you reach a certain marker. Which means you can see them spawn in. But the map is too big to have them wandering :(
    Halls_Sig.jpg
  • Options
    notauriousnotaurious Member Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I love him and you. LOL

*oh and to my defense, I did tell him thanks for the actual issues he found!

Did you just... wait... he just... what the... you just... did you really just... implicate me as one needing killing with kindness and subsequently... yeah... you just... I don't even... I need an adult.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Short Code Copy/Paste: NW-DJC4R9H3R
  • Options
    zedmuszedmus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Difficulty level: I'm really surprised it should be upped but it seems all over the board. I've had several solo 60's say they've solo'd with 4-5 pots and a couple of close calls, yet mid levels say it was easier. Could I ask what level you were?

Yes, Sorry I did not post that as well. I did this on the next character I am currently leveling which is a level 27 Control Wizard. Which is more then likely why it was easier then.
  • Options
    chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    notaurious wrote: »
    Did you just... wait... he just... what the... you just... did you really just... implicate me as one needing killing with kindness and subsequently... yeah... you just... I don't even... I need an adult.

I lol'd IRL.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • Options
    ellindar1ellindar1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    notaurious wrote: »

Ok, you just made me literally spit soda out of my nose. No joke.

Just on another note though, you are right, I shouldn't have responded the way I did when no one else understood the situation. lol. And next time, the death WILL BE WITH KINDNESS!
    Halls_Sig.jpg
  • Options
    scarletttalonscarletttalon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, since I have no idea what to look for, I just started looking for anything out of the ordinary. Came across this. If this wasn't intentional, good job on that! lol Eagle head or some kind of a bird head.

bird_zps49a02e77.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    No, but great try. The easter egg is actually a series of things leading to one single destination. People throughout the realm give hints :)
    Halls_Sig.jpg
  • Options
    s2798s2798 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This was a fantastic quest. Very top notch. I was going to note a couple of things but they seem to have been noted here already. I absolutely loved the ability to explore. I think I may be close even to obtaining the easter egg! All that said, this was some of the most fun I've had in game so far. Thanks very much for putting this out and the time it must have taken to build this.

THESE are what will make this game survive!!!
  • Options
    dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bro, I got stuck. Followed the waypoint thing and it led me into a pit of despair. oh weell.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dzogen wrote: »
    Bro, I got stuck. Followed the waypoint thing and it led me into a pit of despair. oh weell.

yes those quest trails are just not good. Especially on a map that is vertical like mine lol. Can you tell me where you were, where it led you and how you fell? If so I will try to put in some safeguards in that location. Appreciate it!
    Halls_Sig.jpg
  • Options
    toyeverdaletoyeverdale Member Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    I will have to give it a try :)
  • Options
    dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes those quest trails are just not good. Especially on a map that is vertical like mine lol. Can you tell me where you were, where it led you and how you fell? If so I will try to put in some safeguards in that location. Appreciate it!

Yeah, I'd turn off hte waypoints in places or create some interim markers to keep the dude on track.

It was right after the blacksmith, I had gone into the portal.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dzogen wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd turn off hte waypoints in places or create some interim markers to keep the dude on track.

It was right after the blacksmith, I had gone into the portal.

Well, you're supposed to go into the portal the quest takes you there. Then you have the fight with the Beast in the Cave and come back through.
    Halls_Sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Just got a group of three that ran through expecting an easy 500k AD and instead gave three 1 star reviews saying "where's my AD @#$@#%"

Don't you love how awesome people are!
    Halls_Sig.jpg
  • Options
    shorlongshorlong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 286 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Don't worry, you can go ahead and put my name on that....It's ALL mine....muahahahahaha
    My quest was deleted in July of 2013. There were no issues, it had not violated any rules. Was deemed a bug. That quest is still missing.

RIP - Dirty Politics May 21st, 2013 - July 30th, 2013
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    shorlong wrote: »
    Don't worry, you can go ahead and put my name on that....It's ALL mine....muahahahahaha

Then that better come with two huge FIVE STAR REVIEWS lol. (btw, did you find anything else that may need corrected?)
    Halls_Sig.jpg
  • Options
    scarletttalonscarletttalon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After scouring this for hours, I give up. I can't even figure out what to do with the 3 orbs. At least they put in the /killme option :eek: Have used that plenty of times after getting stuck.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    After scouring this for hours, I give up. I can't even figure out what to do with the 3 orbs. At least they put in the /killme option :eek: Have used that plenty of times after getting stuck.

Well I can say if you found the three orbs you're 3/4 of the way there.
    Halls_Sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Then that better come with two huge FIVE STAR REVIEWS lol. (btw, did you find anything else that may need corrected?)

Not sure what the wife rated you, but I have to run back through it in the morning to review, as for some reason, it didn't say I completed it.
    My quest was deleted in July of 2013. There were no issues, it had not violated any rules. Was deemed a bug. That quest is still missing.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Temporary outage while the fixes / enhancements go in folks!
    Halls_Sig.jpg
  • Options
    crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had a friend running it right before the server went down and he couldn't finish because it was too hard. He is a level 60 Wizard. He said there were stacked encounters. I haven't tried it myself yet though.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    crok2 wrote: »
    I had a friend running it right before the server went down and he couldn't finish because it was too hard. He is a level 60 Wizard. He said there were stacked encounters. I haven't tried it myself yet though.

Solo level 60 will be challenging but it should be able to be completed. I have had quite a few 60's go through now solo and each of them have reported anywhere from 4-15 pots. Let me know if you can which fight he was stuck on.
    Halls_Sig.jpg
  • Options
    waradimwaradim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    soloed as a 60 GF, not realy any issues. My review got ruined by spawnings in the end as it activates a tad to early and I thought I was done, wich i wasn't so I choose to write 3 lines and then kill the rest. Maybe you should make it activate after everything instead of in the middle
  • Options
    nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ran it yesterday. I appreciate that you're trying something new and it certainly has a grand vision, but I can't help feeling you've over-hyped it a little.

Liked that you give us a couple of companions at the start but I found the trash that magically spawns on top of you rather pointless and annoying. There didn't seem any reason why they should just pop out of thin air, they were no challenge and just a time soak. Much better in my opinion would be just to have this stuff patrolling about to give the map a sense of life.

Combat with the big guys sometimes felt very arkward and bugged out on more than one occasion. Though to be fair this is just as much down to Cryptic as you. Ran it as a level 43 Cleric, some encounters challenging, but just about stayed the right side of annoying.

P.S. by having the shortcode as a graphic in your sig means people can't copy & paste it :(
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Gah!!! I got disconnected from the server when I was about to pick up the last item..........really?! STUPID INTERNET! If it isn't claimed by tonight when I get off work, it's totally mine......

• Options
    s2798s2798 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ble bleh bleh
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    (was a bump post for ya, sorry lol)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nevfe wrote: »
    Ran it yesterday. I appreciate that you're trying something new and it certainly has a grand vision, but I can't help feeling you've over-hyped it a little.

Liked that you give us a couple of companions at the start but I found the trash that magically spawns on top of you rather pointless and annoying. There didn't seem any reason why they should just pop out of thin air, they were no challenge and just a time soak. Much better in my opinion would be just to have this stuff patrolling about to give the map a sense of life.

Combat with the big guys sometimes felt very arkward and bugged out on more than one occasion. Though to be fair this is just as much down to Cryptic as you. Ran it as a level 43 Cleric, some encounters challenging, but just about stayed the right side of annoying.

P.S. by having the shortcode as a graphic in your sig means people can't copy & paste it :(

hmmm, over hyped seems a bit harsh, especially when what it is has not been done and I feel the environments are top tier. that's my opinion though so we can disagree :)

I will however, be changing the spawn on top fights to wandering patrols (they were this way to start, I moved them to spawns to ensure encounters)

Which fights bugged out on you? Would like to know in case I can do something about it. I haven't had any bug out on me while running through it.
    Halls_Sig.jpg
  • Options
    drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Over hyped? Have you tried to make a vertical map yet? It is rather annoyingly difficult. Give it a shot, and tell us how long it takes you to make something like that with this level of detail. I think it is a great map / quest, and though I have only watched it being played so far, I can't wait to play it myself.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.