test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

THIS you've never seen before! [UGC] Ask Not Whence the Thunder Comes - And CONTEST

Comments

• zedmuszedmus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have Almostcools post screen caps previous to him putting superman after khaleesis post. Just so the answer to the easter egg isnt stolen credit.
  • khaleiseikhaleisei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    khaleisei wrote: »
    screenshot_2013-05-28-18-15-56_zpsd18b4548.jpg

found him and I believe it is Superman. The woman at the first tells about him as frozen in time.

by the way, as I said earlier, I loved this map. It was well thought out and planned, a few minor glitches along the way but nothing game breaking for me. I look forward to seeing more from you! Thanks for the challenge.
    edited May 2013
    almostcool wrote: »
    So I think I found it. This guy (superman, I think lol) is the one who led the forces of good to victory in the second great war. He was frozen in ice to rise again to fight when people needed him most and that was the third great war. I don't think he succeeded though because your lore says everyone died and he was frozen again and has been there ever since.eastereggf.jpg

lol nice edit there ;)
  • ellindar1ellindar1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well you're not going to believe this... you found it, but that's the wrong answer. Think about the girls words.

So answer again with the correct answer!
    Halls_Sig.jpg
  • almostcoolalmostcool Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol when I saw that clothing I thought superman but had to do some research to see if Superman actually fought in world war 2 in any comics and if that was the reference. Didn't mean to look like I copied you but it sure does look that way haha, my bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
    Short Code: NW-DM900IFHK
    Tired of Being the Hero: NW-DGTOU4N94
    edited May 2013
    Captain America? He was frozen after World War II.

Edit: Yeah has to be the Captain. That's my final answer.

eastereggf.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
  • ellindar1ellindar1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is!!!! You two win :)
    Halls_Sig.jpg
    edited May 2013
    zedmus wrote: »
    Have Almostcools post screen caps previous to him putting superman after khaleesis post. Just so the answer to the easter egg isnt stolen credit.

I can't prove you wrong I guess even though I didn't see that before my edit. Wasn't the right answer anyways :P so we both got tricked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
    edited May 2013
    Man I think I sprained my ankle running back and fourth from my work computer to our computer room where she is >.<
  • scarletttalonscarletttalon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, it's been found. What do you do with those stupid orbs!?!?!?! I won't be playing it again. Spent enough time in it driving myself nuts trying to figure out what to do with them.

Next time, I'll just stay away from things like these.
    edited May 2013
    Lol, its captain america after all that work :p
    edited May 2013
    oh and by the way ... not sure if it was just my game glitching after you did the fix to the final encounter or if something is actually broken now, but I couldn't complete the final encounter this go around. It hung up on one of two of the finish them all.
    edited May 2013
    You earned yourself a subscriber for your foundry quests as well. I haven't had that much fun both in and out of game for a while now.
    edited May 2013
    Not that it really matters but I spent the last 2 hours trying to break him out of the ice Ell >> And do you know about the piece of ice that you can use your pick on and it breaks it? Is that intentional or an accident haha? That was a bummer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
    edited May 2013
    Not that it really matters but I spent the last 2 hours trying to break him out of the ice Ell >> And do you know about the piece of ice that you can use your pick on and it breaks it? Is that intentional or an accident haha? That was a bummer.

LOL intentional :) Great fun!

(I will need your ingame info etc. We will need to setup a time where you can put an auction item for 500,000 AD )
    Halls_Sig.jpg
    edited May 2013
    Ok, it's been found. What do you do with those stupid orbs!?!?!?! I won't be playing it again. Spent enough time in it driving myself nuts trying to figure out what to do with them.

Next time, I'll just stay away from things like these.

Awww, don't be sore! That's part of the fun of these! The orbs are to be placed on pedestals inside a cave after breaking 'unbreakable ice'
    Halls_Sig.jpg
    edited May 2013
    zedmus wrote: »
    Man I think I sprained my ankle running back and fourth from my work computer to our computer room where she is >.<

How weird is it you two and almost were that close? That seems crazy!!!
    Halls_Sig.jpg
    edited May 2013
    In game handle is @Stebss and I'll throw up some "Vandal's Leather Armor +1" for the buyout of 500k AD

Edit: NVM threw up "Leather Armor +2"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
  • scarletttalonscarletttalon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ellindar1 wrote: »
    Awww, don't be sore! That's part of the fun of these! The orbs are to be placed on pedestals inside a cave after breaking 'unbreakable ice'

Could never find the pick. And it's not being sore, there wasn't much to go on to find the items. Never saw any "red spot". Just wasted a lot a time on a quest that I couldn't even completely finish. That's all. Don't like unfinished quests.
    edited May 2013
    The pick was tricky to find and I ran the quest 4 times before I got it. Spent my entire day on it haha.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
    edited May 2013
    ellindar1 wrote: »
    How weird is it you two and almost were that close? That seems crazy!!!

I think we all knew where the objects were, it was just a waiting game of when you'd bring it back up for us to complete it ;)
    edited May 2013
    Could never find the pick. And it's not being sore, there wasn't much to go on to find the items. Never saw any "red spot". Just wasted a lot a time on a quest that I couldn't even completely finish. That's all. Don't like unfinished quests.

I can understand the frustration. One thing we did notice on two different computers when we were running this though that might be helpful to ell. The red does NOT show up on lower end settings and graphic cards. I'm not sure at what point the graphics start showing them as I run on a high end machine but that could be a problem for some.
  • shorlongshorlong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 286 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I knew most everything last night...this morning I found the root orb but then the servers went down...so jealous right now!
    My quest was deleted in July of 2013. There were no issues, it had not violated any rules. Was deemed a bug. That quest is still missing.

RIP - Dirty Politics May 21st, 2013 - July 30th, 2013
    edited May 2013

Well let's just be clear though. The quest could be finished just fine. An easter egg is just that... and easter egg. Nothing to do with the quest. The red energy is during the troll fight while the portal is active. huge and unmistakable lol.
    Halls_Sig.jpg
    edited May 2013
    UGH the boss fight works perfectly in test but the KING is not spawning for the second wave in live!!! Taking down!
    Halls_Sig.jpg
    edited May 2013
    Well I never saw anything and I played through it at least 6 times. As someone else mentioned, the red never showed up with lower graphic settings and graphic cards. I wasn't playing with low settings or have a low end graphics card.

Reminds me of a "hide and seek" game I play with my guild on another mmo I play. The person hiding gave a hint of "the skies I see are purple". Almost everyone in the guild rang back with "what purple skies" or "where are there purple skies?". Finally someone asked what their graphic settings were. Made a total difference between the high end and low end and different models. The sky was purple to some, blue, greenish, reddish, and yellow. Something to carefully consider when relying on a colour variable.

And although the "quest" can be completed without the "easter egg", it doesn't seem like it when it so engrained within the story and multiple people talk about it. Sorry, I'm a completist and it's not complete.
    edited May 2013
    The pick was tricky to find and I ran the quest 4 times before I got it. Spent my entire day on it haha.

Dude... please tell me you're on DRAGON. I cannot find the auction!

(tried to contact you in game but says you're not online. Can you shoot me a tell @ellindar1)
    Halls_Sig.jpg
    edited May 2013
    Hey, sorry I don't know what happened. I put a Simple Pelt up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
    edited May 2013
    Guys, I apologize but the quest is coming down again. For some reason the way I spawn the 2nd and 3rd waves don't work in live but they do in test. I'm going to delete the waves, re-add them and put them spawning together instead of apart. Thanks for the patience.
    Halls_Sig.jpg
    edited May 2013
    @Almostcool: I just bought your auction of a simple pelt for 500,000 AD!!!

Thanks so much against for playing that. It really was NOT a simple easter egg. It had many parts and I know took quite a bit of finding. I will be posting the walkthru of the easter egg after my trailer movie is complete!

Thanks everyone!
    Halls_Sig.jpg