test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

THIS you've never seen before! [UGC] Ask Not Whence the Thunder Comes - And CONTEST

Comments

• Options
    kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    notaurious wrote: »
    I don't realize that. Doesn't make me change my stance. :) Doesn't make you wrong, either. I support one defending one's self and one's guild/group/friends. Some fights just aren't worth bothering with, though. Kill em' with kindness...
    I posted that the gen forum thread should be locked for mod consistency because another thread of the same type was locked by mods for promotion, and was locked on the same page as the gen forum thread when it was created. This was seen as an attack. Confusion over lawful neutrality versus evil ensued.
  • Options
    ellindar1ellindar1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drakedge2 wrote: »
    Over hyped? Have you tried to make a vertical map yet? It is rather annoyingly difficult. Give it a shot, and tell us how long it takes you to make something like that with this level of detail. I think it is a great map / quest, and though I have only watched it being played so far, I can't wait to play it myself.

I have so much love for you right now... its like... deep rooted man love.
    Halls_Sig.jpg
  • Options
    nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drakedge2 wrote: »
    Over hyped? Have you tried to make a vertical map yet? It is rather annoyingly difficult. Give it a shot, and tell us how long it takes you to make something like that with this level of detail. I think it is a great map / quest, and though I have only watched it being played so far, I can't wait to play it myself.

I've used the Foundry editor enough to appreciate how difficult making a vertical map must be and I applaud the skill that has gone into creating this quest. However just because something is technically difficult to do doesn't guarantee that the end product will be a stellar gameplay experience.

I feel that the way ellindar is promoting it leads to very high expectations, which in my case fell just a little short. To put it in perspective, four stars rather than five stars, in that there are quests that I've enjoyed more. But that may be simply that in most cases, I start with no expectation at all, so the quest doesn't have to work as hard to please me.
  • Options
    ellindar1ellindar1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nevfe wrote: »
    I've used the Foundry editor enough to appreciate how difficult making a vertical map must be and I applaud the skill that has gone into creating this quest. However just because something is technically difficult to do doesn't guarantee that the end product will be a stellar gameplay experience.

I feel that the way ellindar is promoting it leads to very high expectations, which in my case fell just a little short. To put it in perspective, four stars rather than five stars, in that there are quests that I've enjoyed more. But that may be simply that in most cases, I start with no expectation at all, so the quest doesn't have to work as hard to please me.

I can appreciate that, and again everyone has their own style of what is 'good' to them. I've also changed the encounters, lots more wildlife roaming, only certain ambushes remain (birds and bandits which aren't many and are designed to be ambush) and then the final fight is now in three waves where the king fights in all three. This I'm hoping irons out into a much smoother play and may garner a 5 from ya! Thanks for the feedback!

I'd also like to point out that while the Easter Egg hunt and giveaway was something fun and new and hadn't been tried yet, I knew that it would garner me folks who were let down they didn't find it and would get me some bad ratings because of it. But I didn't care, I wanted to give folks an opportunity for some great exploration and riddle solving. This added of course to the 'hype' factor but I truly think it deserves it in the end and will continue to make the changes necessary for it to live up to it!
    Halls_Sig.jpg
  • Options
    drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I respect your opinion, and get what you are saying. Everyone is going to promote their quests with zesto. If they are not proud of their work, how can a player be happy to have played it?
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • Options
    almostcoolalmostcool Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is my second play through and your last boss bugged out for me this time after your changes to him. It stops at "Kill them all (1/2)"

I went up and down the spire to see if maybe one fell off but to no avail. Also I don't believe you ever put in a hint as to where that legendary pickax is at. You give a hint as to when it might spawn but no hint to where it could possibly be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
    Short Code: NW-DM900IFHK
    Tired of Being the Hero: NW-DGTOU4N94
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    almostcool wrote: »
    This is my second play through and your last boss bugged out for me this time after your changes to him. It stops at "Kill them all (1/2)"

I went up and down the spire to see if maybe one fell off but to no avail. Also I don't believe you ever put in a hint as to where that legendary pickax is at. You give a hint as to when it might spawn but no hint to where it could possibly be.

Yes a followup publish was done right after. I apologize as you must have hit it just before the fix.
    Halls_Sig.jpg
  • Options
    nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Wow man, you must have an awesome quest of your own. I'll have to give it a whirl to see what the standard for good is.
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    almostcool wrote: »

This is correct. And I can say that since I didn't give a hint on where but when, its probably nearby the when. :) That's all I'll say.
    Halls_Sig.jpg
  • Options
    zedmuszedmus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Being a determined individual I went back in to the quest to attempt to locate the Easter Egg with my Fiance. We have been at it for several hours and have yet to find the last key piece of the puzzle. I am assuming most people are stuck on what exactly the red energies are. Any hints there? :P
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Temporarily withdrawn while the last fight is corrected and published
    Halls_Sig.jpg
  • Options
    khaleiseikhaleisei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zedmus wrote: »
    Being a determined individual I went back in to the quest to attempt to locate the Easter Egg with my Fiance. We have been at it for several hours and have yet to find the last key piece of the puzzle. I am assuming most people are stuck on what exactly the red energies are. Any hints there? :P

I am his fiance :) I LOVE a good puzzle, and I love a challenge, as such I am loving this map!! We have completed the 3 there are and 3 there will be. However, as Zed stated we have been stuck on the last item for quite some time now. Any more info on what the red energies might be? Maybe? Thanks :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    khaleisei wrote: »
    I am his fiance :) I LOVE a good puzzle, and I love a challenge, as such I am loving this map!! We have completed the 3 there are and 3 there will be. However, as Zed stated we have been stuck on the last item for quite some time now. Any more info on what the red energies might be? Maybe? Thanks :)

Just as an fyi the fix publish is still going in (does not effect the easter egg just the final fight and the ability to complete)

I LOVE that you are having so much fun with it. I really enjoy that type of thing too and was hoping I'd find others who do. (of course the three 1 star trolls that couldn't find it hit me but its expected sigh)

I can give ONE more hint. There is only one time during the entire map that there is red energy reaching to the skies. And it is a short time period. :) (Play the main quest through from start)
    Halls_Sig.jpg
  • Options
    killz2manykillz2many Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I look forward to checking this out. Not really for the reward, though that's a great idea, but just because I love seeing people getting creative with the foundry. It's the best way to keep this game alive and incorporate d&d into it.
    Killz2Many ~ Greatest Weapon Fighter ~ Dragon Shard
    game-of-thrones-dani-burn-deal-with-it.gif
  • Options
    nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, Ellindork, you should go try this Nevfe's quest. It will show you why your quest is so over-hyped. You forgot to put in 40 miles of unpopulated sewer maps that take an hour to travel thru. Elindork, l2foundry ****.
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.
  • Options
    killz2manykillz2many Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm unable to find this quest by ID, Quest name, or author name. Anyone else run into this issue?
    Killz2Many ~ Greatest Weapon Fighter ~ Dragon Shard
    game-of-thrones-dani-burn-deal-with-it.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    killz2many wrote: »
    I'm unable to find this quest by ID, Quest name, or author name. Anyone else run into this issue?

He has it offline right now doing a fix
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    "Hey, Ellindork, you should go try this Nevfe's quest. It will show you why your quest is so over-hyped. You forgot to put in 40 miles of unpopulated sewer maps that take an hour to travel thru. Elindork, l2foundry ****."

LAWLS... why is everyone making me laugh today?
    Halls_Sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Let us know when it is back up :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
  • Options
    shorlongshorlong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 286 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I swear, if knowing where everything is located and I still lose because of work...I'm gonna go crazy....I NEED AD!!!
    My quest was deleted in July of 2013. There were no issues, it had not violated any rules. Was deemed a bug. That quest is still missing.

RIP - Dirty Politics May 21st, 2013 - July 30th, 2013
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ugh, the publishing is taking SO long not to mention I love forgetting to put my spawn point back where it goes.

<---N O O B
    Halls_Sig.jpg
  • Options
    nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nyghoma wrote: »
    Wow man, you must have an awesome quest of your own. I'll have to give it a whirl to see what the standard for good is.

I've replied to a number of people that their work is much better than mine. I still consider myself very much a novice at the Foundry. Your feedback is appreciated, good or bad.
  • Options
    scarletttalonscarletttalon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ellindar1 wrote: »
    I can give ONE more hint. There is only one time during the entire map that there is red energy reaching to the skies. And it is a short time period. :) (Play the main quest through from start)

I was starting to think that it was a one time occurrence. Now I know. Back to hunting.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    :( I only have an hour left of work...NO ONE GET IT BEFORE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My quest was deleted in July of 2013. There were no issues, it had not violated any rules. Was deemed a bug. That quest is still missing.

• Options
    chinspinnerchinspinner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shorlong wrote: »
    :( I only have an hour left of work...NO ONE GET IT BEFORE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've just worked it out, sorry.
    My new quest:

WIP
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    After a GRUELING round of fixes and extreme publish times, the thunder is BACK ON ONLINE! I need to run it to ensure stability, if anyone else runs let me know if there's issues!
    Halls_Sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So I think I found it. This guy (superman, I think lol) is the one who led the forces of good to victory in the second great war. He was frozen in ice to rise again to fight when people needed him most and that was the third great war. I don't think he succeeded though because your lore says everyone died and he was frozen again and has been there ever since.eastereggf.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    screenshot_2013-05-28-18-15-56_zpsd18b4548.jpg

found him and I believe it is Superman. The woman at the first tells about him as frozen in time.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    :( I'm going to cry...I just got home..why stupid internet...why did you forsake this morning!!!!!

• Options
    edited May 2013
    shorlong wrote: »
    :( I'm going to cry...I just got home..why stupid internet...why did you forsake this morning!!!!!

Not too sure it was the internet forsaking you this morning. They took servers down on us when I was doing this early morning hours.