test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please please please ust Wipe the Server and get it over and done with :)

Comments

• alaric63alaric63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It seems over-the-top to Wipe anything over something as trivial as the in-game economy. I am appalled at the idea that the value of a Cat Companion should dictate the state of the game. It is only a facet of the game, it is not The Game.

Let them ferret-out the Scammers, let them close the gaps, and play on. Adventure awaits, I go to Faerun to get away from the Bean-counters, not to be one.
  • healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    How about no? Server wipe is for noobs who can't afford to gear up and want the superior to be wiped. Nuff said.
  • kelton59kelton59 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's a word for this... posting a 'suggestion' that you know will not be granted, only to get the same old pile-up of conflicted and aggrivated posts.
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kelton59 wrote: »
    There's a word for this... posting a 'suggestion' that you know will not be granted, only to get the same old pile-up of conflicted and aggrivated posts.

^ judging by the responses in here, it's been successful.
  • unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All of these wipe threads should just be locked and/or deleted. It's pointless since it will not happen and just causes feuding, name calling, and childish arguments. One side calls the other cheaters/exploiters the other calls the other noobs/l2p. All pointless...
  • zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    vyshra wrote: »
    No wipe, than heavens!

Calls for wipes strike me as so bizarre. It's as if people enjoy throwing their free time investments away.

Becasue the economy and game is irrevocably broken and only a full wipe after all exploits and balance has been done can insure that the game remains healthy long term. I'll still play regardless but I would much rather there be a wipe because of the damage to the game as it stands now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hell No on wipe, sorry.

Once I finish my Foundry project, I want to be able to test it with my lvl60, so no thanks.
  • renegademarshalrenegademarshal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 83
    edited May 2013
    zylaxx wrote: »
    Becasue the economy and game is irrevocably broken and only a full wipe after all exploits and balance has been done can insure that the game remains healthy long term. I'll still play regardless but I would much rather there be a wipe because of the damage to the game as it stands now.

That's foolish. The majority of the damage has been fixed, and the remaining exploiters are slowly injecting their merchandise so as to not draw attention (unlike the idiot who did it today and brought down the AH). The remaining exploiters are generally smart enough not to screw over the economy anymore - after all, they managed to escape the first few ban waves. They'll just keep selling a handful of T2's, and maybe a few T3's.

The game's perfectly healthy and will remain so as long as more content is pushed out. Almost every game with an AH has had an exploit destroy the economy (GW2, D3, STO, I can go on) and likewise there have been complainers like you who seek a completely foolhardy solution that would destroy the game. Yet none of those games died because of those exploits, and no one got the wipes they so wanted.
  • kejser91kejser91 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    Wipe your self plz
  • svannstonesvannstone Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    snorgelhop wrote: »
    And the next time there's a big exploit lets wipe again, and the time after that too.. and again and again.

Theres people who will leave if you do it, people who will leave if you don't, and people who sabre rattle about either of those extremes but won't do anything. They don't have concrete knowledge of how many are in the first two camps, but they have already stated there wouldn't be a wipe.

Personally, Ive dipped my toe in the water on this game but have a hard time deciding to commit to it with all the exploits and devastated economy. I suspect there are more that would play this if it wasnt broken. Other games have had occasional massive exploits - with occasional rollbacks to fix them. So please dont try making the claim that "there will always be exploits" because a reputable corp would address the issue. They are only hurting future sales by not fixing this.
    edited May 2013
    svannstone wrote: »
    So please dont try making the claim that "there will always be exploits" because a reputable corp would address the issue.

Oh, you mean like Blizzard? :D
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What discussion would that be? They already stated there would not be a wipe.
  • triggermentriggermen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why should I continue playing? This <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is getting crazy..Wipe it all or lose it all (Fan-boy will not last for ever)
    edited May 2013
    triggermen wrote: »
    why should I continue playing? This <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is getting crazy..Wipe it all or lose it all (Fan-boy will not last for ever)

So don't play? What do you think a wipe would achieve?
  • sinful1212sinful1212 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They Just need to create a new shard that well never merge with the other 3 and no transfers either! That way the people that want a wipe can just start there!
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont see such a big issue. If they did a wipe during the astral diamond <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that had the auction house down. You guys would be screaming about another wipe again now all the same.
    edited May 2013
    sinful1212 wrote: »
    They Just need to create a new shard that well never merge with the other 3 and no transfers either! That way the people that want a wipe can just start there!

A.K.A. "exercise in futility".
  • triggermentriggermen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So don't play? What do you think a wipe would achieve?
    Fan-boys will not last for ever*
    edited May 2013
    triggermen wrote: »
    Fan-boys will not last for ever*

LOL sorry my friend, I think you are barking up the wrong tree.
  • trequeltrequel Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    healsareop wrote: »
    How about no? Server wipe is for noobs who can't afford to gear up and want the superior to be wiped. Nuff said.

On the contrary, I don't want to afford to gear up. Stuff is so cheap now that buying it feels like cheating.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    trequel wrote: »
    On the contrary, I don't want to afford to gear up. Stuff is so cheap now that buying it feels like cheating.

Wow stuff is cheap...how horrifying!
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes please cryptic wipe.

This is just disgusting, and I can't stand it anymore.

I'm starting to get a rash.
  • rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Nice answer, you idiot. Keep your moronic answers to yourself pal. idiot

So him telling you to wipe your character is bad, but you demanding everyone's characters be wiped is okay?
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • jadedragon1337jadedragon1337 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zylaxx wrote: »

Who cares what us founders think, we were just pawns in the overall scheme. They got their quick cash grab from us, now let them drain the wallets of the other uninitiated. No sense any legit player should continue to support this game, it has already been proven it will be a stomping ground for exploiters as many are still around and are enjoying their goodies they got for free.

We will be silenced of course, we are the minority and our support means "nada".
  • renegademarshalrenegademarshal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 83
    edited May 2013
    Who cares what us founders think, we were just pawns in the overall scheme. They got their quick cash grab from us, now let them drain the wallets of the other uninitiated. No sense any legit player should continue to support this game, it has already been proven it will be a stomping ground for exploiters as many are still around and are enjoying their goodies they got for free.

We will be silenced of course, we are the minority and our support means "nada".

I don't get what you are complaining about. You bought a founder pack. The whole point of the founder pack is to support the game, and as a result, you were given goodies. You did not buy the items. You supported Cryptic and PWE. They gave you bonuses for it.

What you're doing is the equivalent of supporting a Kickstarter and then whining when you don't like the stuff they gave you.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    So...you couldn't just post in one of the following threads on the subject..you just HAD to make another?

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?299232-beating-the-dead-horse
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?264451-Full-wipe-remarks

Or perhaps any of these on the list, acquired by searching for the word "wipe"?

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/search.php?searchid=5287162

In before the lockdown.

Or just refer them to your sig. Problem solved.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • smognightsmognight Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    Like i said before...Ppl that whine coz wipe..Just wipe your own char and get it over with ok? Just leave the ppl alone that play so hard to get there stand how they are now. thx
  • blupa2010blupa2010 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The thing is is the wipe this early and come across another major exploit what do they do? Wipe again? It's not as easy as it sounds.
    ~ Neverwinter Fan Site~ Builds-Guides+More!!
    edited May 2013
    blupa2010 wrote: »
    The thing is is the wipe this early and come across another major exploit what do they do? Wipe again? It's not as easy as it sounds.

People are much too self absorbed to be capable of silly concepts like logic.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I almost wish they had wiped last week. Today's forum rage would of been hours of entertainment. Unless folks can some how prove that a wipe last week would of prevented this weeks newest problem.