test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Yet ANOTHER EXPLOIT! Are you even trying Cryptic?

Comments

• Options
    armorboxarmorbox Member Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    All I know is anyone who is buying and spending Zen in this game right now is an outright fool.

That is what im trying to say. AD costs nothing, they are just painted right now, the only hard currency is zen. Because you cant get Zen in any way but buy. And when someone buy zen for real money and then sell it for nothing, that is beyond my conception. When exploiters are got control over market and can set any price for Zen, that is not good.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So you'd rather waste my time, and consider yourself wise? If you are truly unhappy with the state of the game, there is no one forcing you to stay. My time is valuable to me, and I'd appreciate it if you kept your self important rhetoric where it does the most good, yourself. I came down on the lucky side of this debate, no wipe. This isn't surprising since Cryptic had said there wouldn't be before they made the shards available to play for the OB. Since you can provide no proof that the game's economy is borked beyond repair, all you're doing is what, exactly, crying to cry? No, that's not all you're doing. You're throwing out baseless accusations because you didn't get your way. I'd offer you a tissue, but they got used up in the last "wipe or I quit" thread.

Your ignorance is the only reason why this **** happens. While such gamers are exist, the cycle of producing ****ty trash games wont end. Because you are fine with that.
  • Options
    gunbahahagunbahaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 139
    edited May 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    This guy had thousands of enchants. Thousands.

Thousands of rank 4 enchants is equivalent to just one rank 10 enchant. That's assuming you have an 100% fusion chance. These enchants are worth almost nothing.

If some guy wants to set up what I assume is a complex VM farm with multiple accounts to farm chests for countless hours just so he can generate what is literally $100 in AD, more power to him.

Lets make this completely clear here: Nothing significant has happened.
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    armorbox wrote: »
    Your ignorance is the only reason why this **** happens. While such gamers are exist, the cycle of producing ****ty trash games wont end.

Instead of attacking me, you could truly just leave if you're unhappy. Despite your claim to the contrary here, game developers don't build games around me, so good bad or indifferent has little to do with me, other than my perception, and games that I deem bad don't get any attention from me. I don't feel the need to create an account to specifically troll their membership, or to talk about how xx game is 10x better. I just don't go. This means that they don't get my money, and, they don't have to police my posts that don't add anything to the forums but drama, I'm not there. Sorry if this is too much for you to deal with; wait, no I'm not. I actually find it quite funny that you have nothing better to do than troll the forums about a game that you apparently despise.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Instead of attacking me, you could truly just leave if you're unhappy. Despite your claim to the contrary here, game developers don't build games around me, so good bad or indifferent has little to do with me, other than my perception, and games that I deem bad don't get any attention from me. I don't feel the need to create an account to specifically troll their membership, or to talk about how xx game is 10x better. I just don't go. This means that they don't get my money, and, they don't have to police my posts that don't add anything to the forums but drama, I'm not there. Sorry if this is too much for you to deal with; wait, no I'm not. I actually find it quite funny that you have nothing better to do than troll the forums about a game that you apparently despise.

Actually i quit after got T2 in first four days after game was launched, lol. So ill just watch how this ship goes down.
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jn2002dk1 wrote: »
    Now that i believe...

Cool thx man!

Happy Memorial Day as well!!
  • Options
    erdokanerdokan Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gunbahaha wrote: »
    Wow Cryptic, I can't believe you let this happen.

Someone has enough enchants to make one rank 10 enchant.

Call the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> cops. We're done here.

I see this guy selling high value stuff on AH often @ Dragon shard. Makes me wonder, hmm hmm hmm. Hmmmmmm.
    David Valtiere, Lvl 70 TR with perfect Lvl 60 gear which I don't want to replace cause nostalgia yo ;_;
  • Options
    daowacedaowace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    f3ral0ne wrote: »
    Bye! Perhaps you should stay away longer. I am sure that will fix everything.
    I've been putting up with this **** since launch. It seems like every day there's something new wrong with the game. Surprised I tolerated it for this long, guess it shows how much I want to play.

Maybe I'll put time to myself to play through Planescape: Torment finally, though I want to go back to Baldur's Gate after playing NW.
  • Options
    ageoffan123ageoffan123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    And your solution to the problem is?
    Don't act as if because it is in open beta, it has to be all perfect and shinny, and no exploits at all.
  • Options
    nikmal2013nikmal2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    nwobrock wrote: »
    It has everything to do with the "point" you made.

You think an exploit stops when they patch it.

I think it an exploit goes on MUCH longer than that.

For example, someone makes hundreds of billions of AD negative bidding on the AH over the course of a few weeks. Cryptic rollsback 7 hours and patches the AH to stop the exploit.

At this point you think its over.

I don't think the exploit is over until the hundreds of billions of AD have been removed.
    So... we are to take your word that they have NOT been removed? Or should we take Cryptic's/PWE word that if that they have not been removed as of yet and the person or persons involved banned from the game and account removed that they are working on it and will do EXACTLY that?

Hmm Oh I am sorry, you as a programmer have some insight on what they are doing behind the scenes with exploiters/hackers?

I have not drank the Kool-Aid for NWN... but on the same token I am not one for taking someone else's word either on whether or not something is getting fixed/taken care of or not. Talking smack to the developers of this game and saying it is NOT getting fixed mostly just tells me you are taking advantage of things you should not be. If this is the case and I am hoping it is not.. If you are.. you are what is wrong with the game. Not the developers.
  • Options
    neverhofneverhof Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Havent bought, earned or spent any Zen, I did buy the Guardian pack though, quite happy to have spent that amount on a game, I've had more enjoyment from this game than other games I've paid for and played for the same amount of time so far. I hope the funds help to improve the game tbh. If that means some unknown on a forum says I'm a fool then I don't think I will lose any sleep over it.
    Actually i quit after got T2 in first four days after game was launched, lol. So ill just watch how this ship goes down.
    Lol the opinion of a die hard fan? Who cares?
    Because i cant understand how stupid the man should be and dont respect himself to agree to play with cheaters and exploiters, to waste time and money for something, that some ppl just got by using exploits.

And you respect yourself so much that here you are wasting time trolling on a forum..lol, just lol and pity for you.
  • Options
    hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Got another ineffective rollback coming, Cryptic?

I'm sick at home since 20th of may... so I played A LOT. I made progresses, got a lot of diamond in ZEN/D exchange, sold a lot of items in AH, finished something like 30 dungeons finding 4 purple items (only 4!? yes was unlucky). If they do another rollback, I quit with this game immediatly.

Solution is: account and IP ban. Delete that duped items in AH. Fix the bugs. Make guardian fighter more usefull in dungeons and more competitive in pvp^^
  • Options
    doctahgdoctahg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If EVERY game packed up and fained because of beginning issues there would be NO GAMES to play. Every game I have been part of have someone like in this thread saying OH I finished the game in 1 day..can't wait to see it go down in flames.. Ok..go start flaming the next game. I am sure they will be at the Elder scrolls open beta/launch saying the same thing...
  • Options
    theliethesametheliethesame Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I only want to add one thing. Blizzard, and their game World of Warcraft, cant deal with exploiters and botters. How do you think, Cryptic, will be able to deal with it?
    I mean Blizzard, has won billions of dollars these past 8 years, their team is huge in matters of numbers and experience, they have almost infinite resources , and they still can't deal with dupes(yes it exists you can buy it for 2k), bots (grinding, pvp etc all over the place), gold sellers , and other types of exploits(for example buying expansions or game time with gold earned by botting through chinese).

And we are talking about a 8 year game in its official form. And there are many other examples of mmos suffering from these. At least in Netherwinter, you dont have to pay anything to get an account or to gain access every month. Yes buying stuff with real money can give you a huge advantage in short terms, but in the long term you will be able to catch up. You even have the option to buy rl money currency (Zen) with ingame currency (AD).
    Honestly the majority of gamers thoses days seems to be a bunch of crybabes and emo looking for a resaon to cry on forums , no matter the cause .I really hope there are gamers out there who actually play the game most of the time instead of this...

Exploiters and botters will always exist. You cant stop them. They get something in its final form, find a way to abuse it, sell the method in a private forum, and will make it public when they get enough money out of it.And yes they have years of experience to cover their trace, loundry the money, and do it again. By the time there are people willing to pay for a game, legally or not, there will be exploiters, deal with it.
  • Options
    chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Good information, thanks. So this seems to be like people crying wolf after the wolf has already been skinned and turned into a rug.

More like one wolf being skinned and being turned into 74 stacks of 99 rugs - all from one wolf.
  • Options
    jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    armorbox wrote: »
    Actually i quit after i bought T2 in first four days after game was launched with my dads credit card, lol. So ill just watch how this ship goes down.
    Fixed that for you
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jn2002dk1 wrote: »
    Fixed that for you

Credit card? To get items and exp in casual game? You mad. NWO is simple as tetris with square blocks only. I think you will be shocked, but some people reached 60 in first day, lol.
  • Options
    poac1poac1 Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2013
    This is the fallout that happens when you don't wipe, honestly I stopped caring...I figured out a system to buy whatever I want in a few weeks and don't care anymore.

But people that sunk cash into Zen or hundreds of hours then said OMG DON'T WIPE get to deal with the fallout now. This is one, count it ONE example of a person being stupid and posting everything they farmed from 1 of the umpteen exploits that are PUBLIC.

Wait until all the Zen disappears again because some one got impatient selling farmed/exploited gear & slowly buying Zen to sell to transfer sites.
  • Options
    screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Are you going to delete 7 more hours of legitimate players' work while people who have been exploiting/duping for weeks get to keep everything they were able to sock away before you finally opened your eyes and accepted what was going on?

This sounds more like an issue on your end rather than Cryptic. I used to have a similar mentality with this type of game, being a competitive person and enjoying a challenge, but I realized that this isn't the type of game for that. You have to ask yourself what it is you want from the game. If it is 'work' instead of play, there is your first problem. If you could have those 7 hours back, would you do it again? That is a very simple litmus test to see if you are having fun. When I play XCOM, for example, starting a new game after losing is something I look forward to. I totally WOULD do it again.

Why do you care if people keep things that you didn't get? If you have a competitive streak like I do, you have to realize that there are many ways that this type of game will not provide a fair playing field and should look elsewhere for that type of thing. If you take a step back and analyze the game for what it is, I think you can find some things that can offer fun. The Foundry has some potential, although it really needs some TLC, which it can never get if people continue demanding the devs' time and attention for petty things like the in-game economy (bugs aside- they of course need priority).

Anyway, I just don't get the point of getting so worked up about things that will never be controlled or fixed 100%. "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result".
  • Options
    iamdoctordeathiamdoctordeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chai23 wrote: »
    More like one wolf being skinned and being turned into 74 stacks of 99 rugs - all from one wolf.

This thread has now passed legendary and become cheeseburger.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fiercesoulkingfiercesoulking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there now a roll back some people say it on Mindflyer Protector Enclave or nuts?
  • Options
    helbourne63helbourne63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    rictras wrote: »
    I have yet to see an mmo where there weren't exploits. Blasting the programmers isn't going to help.

It seems to be making everyone pretty happy...and that helps :)
    Helbourne
    Hero of the North
  • Options
    silvernitesilvernite Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    That name that's selling all those things look very familiar. I think I've seen him spamming the zone chat with items all the time...not totally sure though.
  • Options
    daschernachtdaschernacht Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    <moved to it's own thread>
  • Options
    euthymiaeuthymia Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is what happens when companies constantly sell Beta access to their games instead of providing a playable demo just before the game's release date.

I work as a video game tester for a pretty big company. I can tell you Beta =/= Demo, and I wish people would stop treating it as such. You're all here because you have a job to do. By playing the Beta version of a game, you're all hired as unpayed testers.

Cryptic/PW's goal for having you all here is to test the game/servers under load, and have as many of you as possible finding or running into bugs, which you'll report (if you use an actual bug writing format even better). If the severity of the bug deems it necessary, then they can go and fix it when/if they have the time. They're doing this all without having to pay any actual testers.

To the OP:

Yeah it might be an exploit. There are probably lots of them. I don't know why you're so surprised and outraged that you saw one. The game is far from being finished, and finding exploits and things like it is the whole reason why you're here.
  • Options
    lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    liquidc86 wrote: »
    ye, they fixed all exploits guys. cmon..
    also they fixed pvp afk and rogue bots.
    give them credit....

They fixed all exploits ??? ....ah ok, it was a joke - good one.
    afk pvp is still going on, slightly different than before, but people still advertising for it in chat - so not fixed.
    Got to ask - have you actually logged on recently?
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • Options
    thehighcounselthehighcounsel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    lyaise wrote: »
    afk pvp is still going on, slightly different than before, but people still advertising for it in chat - so not fixed.
    Yea I have to wonder if he drank some of the kool-aid; there are still tons of exploits, people still can easily AFK pvp and people walking around with 50 to 100 thousand dollars of zen, something is really wrong.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lyaise wrote: »

Someone rolled a 1 on their sarcasm check............
  • Options
    thehighcounselthehighcounsel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Someone rolled a 1 on their sarcasm check............
    Because sarcasm is so easy to displayed through text...think before you post and understand that there are a lot of people making white knight posts like that and they are not sarcastic...soo before insulting people of being terrible at realizing something in text is sarcasm, think how hard it is to post sarcasm unless it is so obvious, which with this post it felt like a younger person defending this "game".
  • Options
    possum440possum440 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Those are most likely the endless chest exploits that were fixed patch before last. Still, they need to be removed from the AH.
    There is no worse feeling in the world than the moment during an argument you realize you are wrong.