test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please please please ust Wipe the Server and get it over and done with :)

craftypandaxcraftypandax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi hi,

Please just wipe the server and let us all start again. Do it now, tonight and then its done. Too many people have benefited from exploits and for all your good intentions there is nothing you can do about them.

Please just wipe it, job done, give everyone the zen that they bought, and lets start fresh. Longer you leave it the more people are going to be annoyed. Most people at this point support it

Its the right thing to do at this point.

Just do it, tonight, done. Everyone starts on a even playing field. Its not as if it takes long to lvl up does it!

Do it, please.
Post edited by craftypandax on

Comments

• Options
    colluzioncolluzion Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    A wipe won't occur. Cryptic made a huge mistake by announcing there would be no wipe. Choosing not to wipe at the end of an open beta was a stupid mistake. This quite possibly could cause the downfall of a great game before it truely takes off.

We'll wait and see.
  • Options
    lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A cry in vain.......
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • Options
    vyshravyshra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No wipe, than heavens!

Calls for wipes strike me as so bizarre. It's as if people enjoy throwing their free time investments away.
  • Options
    snorgelhopsnorgelhop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And the next time there's a big exploit lets wipe again, and the time after that too.. and again and again.

Theres people who will leave if you do it, people who will leave if you don't, and people who sabre rattle about either of those extremes but won't do anything. They don't have concrete knowledge of how many are in the first two camps, but they have already stated there wouldn't be a wipe.
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And what of those of us who haven't exploited and haven't been able to spend any money yet. I have 5 characters, 3 in the 40s, 1 in the 20s and 1 that I just started. You really think I am going to spend all that time releveling them up.
  • Options
    vyshravyshra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    And what of those of us who haven't exploited and haven't been able to spend any money yet. I have 5 characters, 3 in the 40s, 1 in the 20s and 1 that I just started. You really think I am going to spend all that time releveling them up.

The common argument is that they don't care if you/we quit, because you/we are obviously the ones cheating. Quitting proves it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah i hear you all, but i still would like to see a full wipe. As long as no one loses what zen they have paid for.

Makes sense to me, and ie put time into it. it is a game after all.
  • Options
    smognightsmognight Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    Dude wipe your own char..ok ? And it's done
  • Options
    xenogear3xenogear3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agree. Should wipe.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I have never cheated in a game and have been playing MMOs since 2000. I don't even use cheats in single player games
  • Options
    thehighcounselthehighcounsel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    I would like a wipe even with the time into my character, as I want a time-valued investment and of the economy is ****ed and keeps getting exploited than my long-term value decreases by a huge amount. Although with the exploits that keep popping up, the wipe will be pointless anyway, so whatever I'll enjoy the gameplay, which is some of the best combat in an mmo and when the exploits ruin the game, if they haven't already, I will move on. /sigh I really like this game /cross fingers
  • Options
    devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I heard if you click your heels, turn around three times, and say wipe for 24 hrs non stop....They will wipe the servers.

Try it.

I mean....why not? Since you believe this is some alternate universe,where a company will do what YOU say, even though they have said not once, not twice, but SO MANY times..."There will be no wipes"....I mean...JUST BELIEVE right peter pan?

Keep the DREAM alive!!!...try my method tonight:) Might work!^__^
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • Options
    lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It comes down to companies carrying out proper quality checks on their games before opening up to permanent realization.
    Open Beta should have a wipe with no currency shop.
    Players wouldn't really mind if the odd glitch got through, but the level and degree of exploits seen in this game makes you wonder if any thorough checks where done.
    I mean, carrying across the negative bid AH bug straight from STO - head in sand QC dept.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • Options
    thehighcounselthehighcounsel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    devlinne wrote: »
    I heard if you click your heels, turn around three times, and say wipe for 24 hrs non stop....They will wipe the servers.

Try it.

I mean....why not? Since you believe this is some alternate universe,where a company will do what YOU say, even though they have said not once, not twice, but SO MANY times..."There will be no wipes"....I mean...JUST BELIEVE right peter pan?
    Such a ignorant self-righteous post...instead of adding to the discussion you just insult people, good job!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    smognight wrote: »
    Dude wipe your own char..ok ? And it's done

Nice answer, you idiot. Keep your moronic answers to yourself pal. idiot
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    devlinne wrote: »

Try it.

Another moron. Its about putting my opinion across. Im not gonna cry if they dont. Idiots like this....
  • Options
    savoreksavorek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    Hi hi,

Please just wipe the server and let us all start again. Do it now, tonight and then its done. Too many people have benefited from exploits and for all your good intentions there is nothing you can do about them.

Please just wipe it, job done, give everyone the zen that they bought, and lets start fresh. Longer you leave it the more people are going to be annoyed. Most people at this point support it

Just do it, tonight, done. Everyone starts on a even playing field. Its not as if it takes long to lvl up does it!

Do it, please.

Speak for yourself...ive spent quite a bit on zen...but i will also walk away from this game if its wiped after being told from the beginning there would be no more. Ive also got 2 professions to 20 and working on a third...so i'd lose any progression there. a wipe at this point only punishes the innocent.
  • Options
    trequeltrequel Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't wipe yet, first let as many exploits as possible be discovered. Then wipe.
  • Options
    daxtax86daxtax86 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I would love to see the money I pumped into the game so far be erased, great suggestion etc OP
    GM aka "Mafia Boss" of <Midget Mafia> Danish guild @ Beholder.

Main: "Daxt", Trickster Rogue @ Beholder.
    Alt: "Daxt-Two", Great Weapon Fighter @ Beholder

Tune in @ http://da.twitch.tv/daxt86
  • Options
    devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Such a ignorant self-righteous post...instead of adding to the discussion you just insult people, good job!

Discussion? A discussion(A fruitful one anyway) would require the subject OPEN TO IDEAS. The wipers(my new name for them^^) fail to see, that their "discussion" is a MOOT one, because the subject has already been decided and closed....and no amount of um.....DISCUSSING is gonna change that.

If u feel offended and such...i tell you what...i'll apologize sincerely....AFTER THE WIPE^^ LOL!

Keep on wiping guys. I'm off to bed^^ Thanks for the laugh....should ensure sweet dreams:)
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • Options
    horrifyingclownhorrifyingclown Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they wipe the game they'll lose a ton of players. And they've already said there won't be a wipe. So you're basically calling for a company to openly lie, and to intentionally lose customers, just because of a few exploits. So what if a few people now have a full set of T2 gear from exploits, or a bunch of valuable runes/whatever? The massive amounts of high-tier armor gotten through exploiting dungeon glitches will be worthless once a new tier is added, and all consumable resources will dissappear eventually.
  • Options
    primerib41primerib41 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    The game isn't zero sum. It doesn't affect me in the slightest if someone else has a billion AD or all the best gear or whatever. The game was pretty much always built so you can compete against and improve your own character.

If the game were designed so that a group of well geared players could take over towns and kick our / enslave everyone else they're run into "pay to win" criticism even without exploits. But as it is, it doesn't really matter.

I suppose if the game were wiped, I would have built my characters differently. But I'm welcome to reroll any time even without a wipe.
  • Options
    merrybellemerrybelle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic/Perfect World would never have sold nightmare lock boxes and enchanted keys if they were going to wipe, because the odds of getting the good stuff is random. They don't want to refund zen at this point, because too many people have gambled away too much money on keys. Some people aren't very lucky and they spent a fortune. Not being able to wipe is the price they are paying for gouging their customers on gamble boxes. But that is okay for the game companies because they are really raking in the cash.
  • Options
    jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    I have never cheated in a game and have been playing MMOs since 2000. I don't even use cheats in single player games

When I played Delta Force Land Warrior years ago, there were so many cheaters, the game nearly became unplayable. Once, out of frustration, I downloaded a wallhack/aimbot because there was a cheater destroying my team's gaming experience. I don't remember how I found the site. So I got it, killed the cheater repeatedly, and he left. Then we could play normally, until the next cheater came in. I ended up quitting not long after.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    When I played Delta Force Land Warrior years ago, there were so many cheaters, the game nearly became unplayable. Once, out of frustration, I downloaded a wallhack/aimbot because there was a cheater destroying my team's gaming experience. I don't remember how I found the site. So I got it, killed the cheater repeatedly, and he left. Then we could play normally, until the next cheater came in. I ended up quitting not long after.

Did you have to mention that game. I loved that game and played it all the time. I actually miss playing it.
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    vyshra wrote: »
    The common argument is that they don't care if you/we quit, because you/we are obviously the ones cheating. Quitting proves it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS72Vk1CqP0hyXDF2EdxC9sNNRhaTthCfLI7XD4zyjVx9tIucrz
  • Options
    j4utnj4utn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like to know what proportion of those asking for a wipe are just after all the zen back that they wasted on Keys :)
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what they should do is change all the pets and stuff ever so slightly. ie remove the cat and put a new cat in that way people who don't wish to own the exploit "common" cat can buy the new and fluffy "rare" cat can do so. in a ftp game item rotation is a good way to keep things rarity in check.

Also changing items on a regular basis insure the economy cannot truly ever be ruined as collecting various nearly identical items increases the money "sinks" in the game it just takes some time for them to sink all the money that has been generated latly. as people are removed from the game millions will be removed from the economy this balancing.

Also they need to add more account based purchasing options. having a lot of account based objects will increase the likelihood people will buy more characters rather than make multiple accounts. People with 1 account will be much less likely to knowingly grief or exploit. if you want proof look over your ban logs and compare the numbers of those that bought any account based items such as founders packs and mounts with those who exploited. Id bet people with a lot of account purchases were not exploiters.

So not purgeing after this financial crash is a good way to test if the self maintaining aspects of the economy are functioning so even if they intend to wipe eventually (which I hope they don't I spent a lot of time getting my characters the way I like them) It is wise to observe and note how a drastic unbalance hitting the system affects the economy. after all this is a beta ...right?
  • Options
    broedat1broedat1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi hi,

Do it, please.

Please don't speak for me. I don't support a wipe, haven't exploited and enjoy the game. I don't get how someone exploiting affects your gameplay. Are you that insecure that the mere thought of someone that you don't even know has more pixels than you keeps you up at night ? I feel sorry for you.......
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So...you couldn't just post in one of the following threads on the subject..you just HAD to make another?

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?299232-beating-the-dead-horse
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?264451-Full-wipe-remarks

Or perhaps any of these on the list, acquired by searching for the word "wipe"?

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/search.php?searchid=5287162

In before the lockdown.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.