Install Arc
Options

GF - Conqueror and Tenebrous aka OP

Comments

• Options
    getoneshotgetoneshot Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    I'm a Tanky GF and only use 3 G-Tene's because they have a higher DPS gain than ArP.

Yeah, nobody cares.
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    getoneshot wrote: »
    Yeah, nobody cares.

But you do otherwise you would not have responded.
  • Options
    skarrotskarrot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hey this post is just to said how Tenebrous are OP and BUGGED. The point is 1 or they will fix it with a long CD just good for istance or bad tenebrous for pvp coz a Conqueror Gf with Tene build is just insane and unbeatable.
    GF cooldowns with 1300 + - Recovery LS 6.2s FS 13.xs BC 9.4 -.-'. I have GF and GWF 60 both 13.8k gs and 12.7k gs. Anyway GWF tanky is not unbeatable and can't 1-2 shot u. Stop QQ or lame for Gf nerf (anyway conqueror build need a nerf indeed i have 6000 power 1200 crit 400 pene 900 recovery 3900 def 1600 delf DAFUK 6100 dmg with 8000 protection and 48.9% dmg resist) Don't be kids GF is more powerful of TR or GWF...
  • Options
    skarrotskarrot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Anyone who says GWFs or GFs with 7 Greater Tenebrous stacking are not completely broken and OP are clearly using and abusing them.

They don't want their ridiculously tanky class (GWF and GF) to not be able to kill people if G.Tenes were properly nerfed.

Agreed. Anyway i have a Tanky GWF and belive me i don't need tenebrous to kill people. U just have to Hybrid Def Defl with Power Crit and use a Vorpal stone. In pvp u will Rocks but in pve u gonna miss load of DPS. Is just a point of view...but i wanna see the ppl who said don't nerf Tene be 1 shotted by a lunging strike -.-'
  • Options
    zeisselzeissel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    llantiss wrote: »
    Yep, GFs are broken just as much as GWF/TR with tenes atm, no one is QQing about them yet because TR is center of attention now, but wait after the patch GF will rule pugs because unlike tanky GWF, they have burst dmg and shield, so:

prone (+7k dmg from tene), prone, prone, shield, prone, prone(+7k dmg from tene).

Nothing can beat that in terms of CC + BURST dmg.

get guide that show you how play a MMRPGO games, LEARN to evade attacks, buy a new hands (maybe your actually hands are so slowly)
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    You know, it's ironic that you're the one who's now so outspoken about Tenes being P2W, broken, and OP. Seeing as how you and your guild has abused 7 Greater Tenebrous stacking for months, along with other exploits, and used them on every character / class you've ever played in PvP.

You guys made a name for yourselves thanks to G.Tene stacking and other exploits, such as abusing bugged Thunderheads. So why the sudden change of heart? Why weren't you saying these things a month ago or even 2 weeks ago when you were happily abusing G.Tenebrous stacking?

You do make a very interesting point. When I was talking to Llantiss in game about tene exploits rogue etc he wasn't agreeing with me. He asked me a simple question what if everyone used G Tene's? The answer is also very simple I would find a better game then. That's how I feel if everyone had them just count me out of this game. I rather see the game improve and stuff get fixed so there is some good PvP in the future.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    There's an easy trend to see here - (anything) + tenebrous = OP
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    There's an easy trend to see here - (anything) + tenebrous = OP

I do agree...

My equation is though

Anything + Tene = lame and make a real build.
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Tene is a great enchant for Single Target DPS. Once you reach ArP/CRT CAPs with enough HP Tene's just do more DPS than power, crt or ARP.
  • Options
    feiergiantfeiergiant Member Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    CIp5XVF.gif
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't use Tenebrous personally, but I gear for PvE primarily. However certain mindset's need reality checks...
    No one in my guild will use the broken enchants I just look at it as a form of cheating...
    But it's not cheating, not at all.

It's part of the game, it does what it does, and it is super strong in PvP, but it is NOT cheating.
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    You know, it's ironic that you're the one who's now so outspoken about Tenes being P2W, broken, and OP. Seeing as how you and your guild has abused 7 Greater Tenebrous stacking for months, along with other exploits, and used them on every character / class you've ever played in PvP.

You guys made a name for yourselves thanks to G.Tene stacking and other exploits, such as abusing bugged Thunderheads. So why the sudden change of heart? Why weren't you saying these things a month ago or even 2 weeks ago when you were happily abusing G.Tenebrous stacking?

well duh because he is using misdirection to keep people focused on this issue rather than the current exploit lemonparty stand is using
  • Options
    kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited August 2013
    LOL

since when its 28s CD? it's 15s (confirmed with 3 GFs from my guild)

Getting up after proned = 2s~
    now do some math and you can easily have 2 rotations without getting hit once, granted if you don't suck balls at pressing keys.

The funny thing is your guild is the biggest abuser of greater tenes in the game.
  • Options
    llantissllantiss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Excuse me? when have I ever said its not P2W or a totally broken class + enchant? See unlike you I like exploring and researching, see how far I can bend the game.

I ALWAYS stated certain skills and setups are broken, even when I was streaming and rolled a rogue and killed a CW just with daggers, i was like "yep, not broken at all" and it was on stream.

FYI, we did 5v5 on PTR against beholder server and everyone were using them, its the broken class that is more of the issue. A full tene CW / TR can still die to normal GWF, all he has to do is outlast them, when they are at 50% their tenes do nothing.

Also a thing to note, famous streamers more often than not exploit the games on stream (ie Kripparian), they get tons of views and attention and thus the exploits are instantly fixed, why do you think almost NO ONE streams their Dungeon runs? 85% are just exploiting them.

And are you really blaming me for using an enchant that is obtainable by ZEN? are you really that daft? like someone stated here, I bought them when they were 400k for greater EACH, any smart player would do that, it was when T2 gear was worth 2mil per piece, I was actually rocking them on my PVP set because I could afford the enchants and not the T2 sets LOL. how was I suppose to know only a tiny fraction would figure it out? should I just stop using them because they are OP? will everyone else do it? what if I tell you there are far greater exploits out there, that include packet editing that allow you to insta kill people? I guess you don't have problem with them, because you are not AWARE of it.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    Tene is a great enchant for Single Target DPS. Once you reach ArP/CRT CAPs with enough HP Tene's just do more DPS than power, crt or ARP.

You talking for PvE or PvP. I still wont use em.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I don't use Tenebrous personally, but I gear for PvE primarily. However certain mindset's need reality checks...

But it's not cheating, not at all.

It's part of the game, it does what it does, and it is super strong in PvP, but it is NOT cheating.

That's your opinion of a Tene ours is we wont use a broken enchant and view it as shameful. Its just wrong.. shame on Tene's.
  • Options
    vespatienvespatien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    skarrot wrote: »
    Hi NW, i just wanna say a thing...during pvp match i find some GF with Conqueror spec with 6 3% tenebrous and full socket R8 Hp at last 33-36k Hp....they just 1shot my TEAM.....running over 4-5k Lunging Strike and 4-6 proc of Tenebrous 2-3k every time and versus every1 (33-36k hp x3 /100 = 990 1080 dmg how is possible 2-3k? and no ****ing CD) U can ignore that type of ****....but belive me there is no way to beat that type of GF with load of defense power and insane Tenebrous procs.....

Have a nice day.

Hello Everyone, I want to take the opportunity to make some clarifications and remarks on the OPs comments. I must admit myself, Yolandi (GF) and Taxi (GF) - (Prototype Guild on Beholder) were the culprits resulting in this post from the previous night's fight. We were a 'partial' premade fighting against the OPs guild. There was never any malice toward the OP when we focused fired on him with 3 x GFs in the opening period of the match - it was simply us identifying him as the most lethal target in our kill priority. I can certainly understand the OPs frustration when 3 x GFs lunge exclusively at you followed by 3 x Bull Charges proc'ing our G. Ten. Any group consisting of either 3 x GF or 3 x GFW would be really hard to counter when you are first in their kill sequence.

Only myself and 1 other GF have full Greater Tenebrous w/ the Rank 8 enchants in our guild and, yes, we are well geared and focused exclusively on PvP. It took us a very long time to get to that level of gear and countless dungeon runs to sell items to make the AD to purchase them. We identified the full potential for Greater Tenebrous early on in the game when everyone else was literally selling them for pennies on the AH. Still, getting 6 x Greater Tenebrous was no easy feat and took much time and effort. We are certainly benefiting from that foresight now.

I have never been able to one shot anything in PvP at full health (or I can't remember ever doing so). My health is actually just barely over 30k given that you only have 3 x defense slots when you make my version of a 'Tenebrous' build. The actual damage is around 960 for each of the G. Tenebrous and they 'proc' every 15-20 seconds, which can be an eternity in PvP.

The build, combined with my gear, and the current state of PvP, are certainly very strong but they are not unbeatable. I have, on many occasion been bested by both the OP, or other well played classes in many PvP matches - where individual player skills and teamwork proved superior.
    V/R
    Aurelian - Guardian Fighter (Main)
    Metellus - Devoted Cleric
    Gallianus - Control Wizard
    Septimus - Great Weapon Fighter

Chocolate Stand

Neverwinter Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/Metellus1972
  • Options
    pfft2pfft2 Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    FYI, we did 5v5 on PTR against beholder server and everyone were using them, its the broken class that is more of the issue. A full tene CW / TR can still die to normal GWF, all he has to do is outlast them, when they are at 50% their tenes do nothing.

Yeah, pretty much. People like to say that the tenebrous enchants are the problem, but the main reason that tenebrous enchants are a problem is that they give you a huge offensive benefit for pumping a defensive attribute (HP). And Fighters not only have the easiest time pumping that defensive attribute, they have the best defenses in general, and by a wide margin.

So tanky class combined with massive burst damage that scales with HP. That's basically the textbook definition of broken.

None of the above is to say that CWs or TRs with tenebrous enchants aren't broken too; they're just less broken, or less obviously broken, if you prefer. They can also pump HP, of course, but they get less out of it, because they don't have the Fighter's huge defenses to layer over that HP.
  • Options
    getoneshotgetoneshot Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2013
    Excuse me? when have I ever said its not P2W or a totally broken class + enchant? See unlike you I like exploring and researching, see how far I can bend the game.

I ALWAYS stated certain skills and setups are broken, even when I was streaming and rolled a rogue and killed a CW just with daggers, i was like "yep, not broken at all" and it was on stream.

Also a thing to note, famous streamers more often than not exploit the games on stream (ie Kripparian), they get tons of views and attention and thus the exploits are instantly fixed, why do you think almost NO ONE streams their Dungeon runs? 85% are just exploiting them.

And are you really blaming me for using an enchant that is obtainable by ZEN? are you really that daft? like someone stated here, I bought them when they were 400k for greater EACH, any smart player would do that, it was when T2 gear was worth 2mil per piece, I was actually rocking them on my PVP set because I could afford the enchants and not the T2 sets LOL. how was I suppose to know only a tiny fraction would figure it out? should I just stop using them because they are OP? will everyone else do it? what if I tell you there are far greater exploits out there, that include packet editing that allow you to insta kill people? I guess you don't have problem with them, because you are not AWARE of it.

Blah blah blah. Dodging my questions posed to you, as usual, eh Lantis? Talking about things that has nothing to do with what was asked in the first place. Your usual self defense when you're caught being a hypocritical scum.

I asked you why you have a sudden change of heart and is now speaking out so profoundly about Greater Tenes being game breaking, P2W, and OP. You answer by saying "when have I ever said it's not..."

You call exploiting "exploring, researching, and see how far you can bend the game?" ROFLMAO Good excuse for exploiting, bro.

Just because you laugh at how OP your G.Tenes are and how bad most of your opponents are in PvP, doesn't make you abusing the G.Tenes any more right. You and your guild always knowingly abuse bugs, exploits, and OP Enchants any chance you get. Your excuse for doing so is "Hey, we tell people it's OP to exploit and abuse these things, so don't blame us for exploiting and abusing OP Enchants and bugs!"

Bringing up those <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> games vs. "Beholder's best" yet again. What is this, the 10th time you bring up those games? As if they actually proved something other than the fact that Lemonade Stand are a bunch of exploiters who exploited the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of Perfect Thunderheads. Those games were merely an e-peen contest between two pay to win / exploiting guilds. You guys out-exploited "Beholder's best." Grats, want a cookie? Bringing up something that has nothing to do with the topic at hand nor the questions asked of you... again.

Now you're talking about Kripparian? WTF? And streaming dungeon runs / exploits? Another WTF? Can you babble on about something more off-topic please? We're talking about G.Tenes and how OP GWFs (and GFs) are with them, not Kripp or streamers streaming dungeon runs.

I'm not blaming you for using 7 Greater Tenes on every single character you create. I'm just pointing out the fact that you're a hypocrite and asking why you're all of the sudden so against G.Tenes when you're the one who has been happily abusing them for the past 2 months. I'm also saying your guild are a bunch of hypocrite exploiters because G.Tenes was a huge part of the reason why you can beat most premade teams in the first place and was partially responsible for you and your guild's claim to "fame" (more like infamy).

Oh, and good job for bringing up hacking game files and packets when nobody even said anything about that. Good to know either you or others in your guild are also hacking game files, on top of being notorious exploiters and pay to win players. A lot of you scrubs must be OwnedCore Elite members, lol.
  • Options
    llantissllantiss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Blah blah blah. Dodging my questions posed to you, as usual, eh Lantis? Talking about things that has nothing to do with what was asked in the first place. Your usual self defense when you're caught being a hypocritical scum.

I asked you why you have a sudden change of heart and is now speaking out so profoundly about Greater Tenes being game breaking, P2W, and OP. You answer by saying "when have I ever said it's not..."

You call exploiting "exploring, researching, and see how far you can bend the game?" ROFLMAO Good excuse for exploiting, bro.

Just because you laugh at how OP your G.Tenes are and how bad most of your opponents are in PvP, doesn't make you abusing the G.Tenes any more right. You and your guild always knowingly abuse bugs, exploits, and OP Enchants any chance you get. Your excuse for doing so is "Hey, we tell people it's OP to exploit and abuse these things, so don't blame us for exploiting and abusing OP Enchants and bugs!"

Bringing up those <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> games vs. "Beholder's best" yet again. What is this, the 10th time you bring up those games? As if they actually proved something other than the fact that Lemonade Stand are a bunch of exploiters who exploited the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of Perfect Thunderheads. Those games were merely an e-peen contest between two pay to win / exploiting guilds. You guys out-exploited "Beholder's best." Grats, want a cookie? Bringing up something that has nothing to do with the topic at hand nor the questions asked of you... again.

Now you're talking about Kripparian? WTF? And streaming dungeon runs / exploits? Another WTF? Can you babble on about something more off-topic please? We're talking about G.Tenes and how OP GWFs (and GFs) are with them, not Kripp or streamers streaming dungeon runs.

I'm not blaming you for using 7 Greater Tenes on every single character you create. I'm just pointing out the fact that you're a hypocrite and asking why you're all of the sudden so against G.Tenes when you're the one who has been happily abusing them for the past 2 months. I'm also saying your guild are a bunch of hypocrite exploiters because G.Tenes was a huge part of the reason why you can beat most premade teams in the first place and was partially responsible for you and your guild's claim to "fame" (more like infamy).

Oh, and good job for bringing up hacking game files and packets when nobody even said anything about that. Good to know either you or others in your guild are also hacking game files, on top of being notorious exploiters and pay to win players. A lot of you scrubs must be OwnedCore Elite members, lol.

You seem to know alot about me, I guess a hater or a fan doesn't matter to me, sad part is i know nothing about you, you're not even worth finding out who you are lol.

regarding that wall of text you just wrote, I'll keep it simple so you can understand (since you are bad at tracking different discussions raised from this thread), I don't care about baddies like you, always scream "look at me, i exist just because i can hate on others" when you are of any significance at all, someone will bring your name up, untill then keep lurkering little dweller.
  • Options
    khalibuskhalibus Member Posts: 99
    edited August 2013
    Wow getoneshot. That's a lot of butthurt for one post.

Nothing you say will make Tenebs an exploit. It's the best PvP enchant in the game by a wide margin, and it's way better for fighters than it is for other classes in a pretty unfair way, but its a game feature. It's not an exploit.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    khalibus wrote: »
    Wow getoneshot. That's a lot of butthurt for one post.

Nothing you say will make Tenebs an exploit. It's the best PvP enchant in the game by a wide margin, and it's way better for fighters than it is for other classes in a pretty unfair way, but its a game feature. It's not an exploit.

If you use bugged Tene's you just can't call yourself good at anything once you put them in that offensive slot. If you want to be good make a real class and hopefully some day they will be but a memory.
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    If you use bugged Tene's you just can't call yourself good at anything once you put them in that offensive slot. If you want to be good make a real class and hopefully some day they will be but a memory.

Sadly Tene's are not bugged, they are working as intended because they only come from lockboxes and Cryptic likes it when you purchase lots of keys for lockboxes lol.

However for once I agree with you abom! When the only difference between a "pro" PvP'er and a normal one is 7 overpriced enchants then there is no skill involved in that "Pro" title. If they made Tene's unique (1 per character) PvP would be a lot better off.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    nevets6169nevets6169 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    it all depends on crytips whether they want to make tene's unique (1 per char)
    if they are profit-oriented, they would like player to buy keys, instead of make it unique
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    nevets6169 wrote: »
    it all depends on crytips whether they want to make tene's unique (1 per char)
    if they are profit-oriented, they would like player to buy keys, instead of make it unique

There will be no profit lost... They could even add different things in lockboxes.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That's your opinion of a Tene ours is we wont use a broken enchant and view it as shameful. Its just wrong.. shame on Tene's.
    Mine is not an opinion, it is a fact. Tenebrous is available in the PvE/PvP environment, therefore it is within the rules of the game to play with. Thus not cheating.

Your logic, which I might add is fraught with logical fallacies, is that using Tenebrous is cheating. You have a right to an opinion, of course, even if it is contrary to the facts of the game.

Is it hella strong? Yes, no one (in their right mind) will argue that point.

Is someone who uses it cheating? No, because that is a serious accusation based upon breaking the rules of the PvE/PvP universe.

It really is a simple, yet important, distinction. :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Flawed argument. First, Tenebs aren't bugged. Second, using the best gear doesn't make a skilled player less skilled, it just make it less apparent whether its the skill disparity owning you or the gear disparity.

For example if Kevin Durant bought a magic pair of basketball shoes that made him jump 2" higher, it doesn't change the fact that he's better at basketball than you. Now the gap is just a bit wider.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    khalibus wrote: »
    Flawed argument. First, Tenebs aren't bugged. Second, using the best gear doesn't make a skilled player less skilled, it just make it less apparent whether its the skill disparity owning you or the gear disparity.

For example if Kevin Durant bought a magic pair of basketball shoes that made him jump 2" higher, it doesn't change the fact that he's better at basketball than you. Now the gap is just a bit wider.

I don't see anything wrong with using the best gear. I am pretty geared myself on my GF with 25% arm pen and greater vorpal. I also don't like bugged Tene's and they need to be unique and only 1 per slot. It just promotes cheese builds and is a gimmick lameness that drags PvP down. Then players think they are good and they aren't. Take out the Tene's make a real class enjoy PvP more. Simple.

That isn't a flawed argument at all more like how a lot of players feel. Tene's can be fun for a day for some laughs and if you want to be lame. If you appreciate PvP at all you won't use them.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Mine is not an opinion, it is a fact. Tenebrous is available in the PvE/PvP environment, therefore it is within the rules of the game to play with. Thus not cheating.

Your logic, which I might add is fraught with logical fallacies, is that using Tenebrous is cheating. You have a right to an opinion, of course, even if it is contrary to the facts of the game.

Is it hella strong? Yes, no one (in their right mind) will argue that point.

Is someone who uses it cheating? No, because that is a serious accusation based upon breaking the rules of the PvE/PvP universe.

It really is a simple, yet important, distinction. :)

The fact is there are a lot of players that agree Tene's are bugged and they are used to make exploited gimmick builds. They have adjusted them 2 times to change some of the bugged aspects of them but they are still by no means OK. If you want legit PvP don't use Tene's and its that simple. Just because they are in game doesn't mean that makes them OK when you can see how ridiculously lame they are. Its up to the player though. Do I want to make a gimmick cheese build that I can laugh while playing for awhile till it gets nerfed. Or do I want to make a real build utilizing stats. My friends and I choose not to use them as they are this patchs flavor of the month lameness. Hope they are made unique and then some real PvP might be possible.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    You did it again. You calling them bugged doesn't make it so. Just makes you look stupid and undermines any other argument you had that might otherwise have had merit.