test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please Read if you are Stuck/Frozen at the Loading Screen

Comments

• redcatmaximusredcatmaximus Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    when will this be sorted out as all the suggestions in this thread don't work for me, plus when i finally get to log in after waiting at protectors enclave loading screen for 10-15 mins or so, i have extreme latency
  • sqeakksqeakk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nevermind...
  • demoshriekdemoshriek Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now everything is ok. Don't know how about everyone else, but I don't freeze at loading screen anymore.
  • noshmeknoshmek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, still an issue for me, and I'm going to wait until it's resolved. I haven't played in a week due to all the issues. Soon, I'm not sure if I really want to expend any effort in loading it.
  • ogkeltogkelt Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Safemode didn't change anything. still stuck at loading screen. Pushing buttons didn't do anything either. This needs to be fixed ASAP
  • scroggscrogg Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Getting tired of having to exit and relaunch in safe mode every time I switch characters to invocate/craft/whatever.

This along with the other bugs, broken mechanics, feats that don't work etc. is making the game more frustrating than fun :(
  • codenamezeuscodenamezeus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been working this around with alt-tabbing for 10 seconds while the bar is filled.=/
  • nubgamernubgamer Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about when you're crashing on load in? Happens to my main character, has happened before and been able to fix it with the same steps but not it's not working, if I can't play on my main character I really don't want to play. Perhaps someone with PW could move me from my current location in game or /killme and then I can try again?
  • jsmith01978jsmith01978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Try logging out in the Grand Emporium or other buildings within protectors enclave. When I do that I do not have the long loading screen and can zone into protectors enclave from there without an issue.
  • metuzmetuz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got a toon stuck in loading protectors enclave, but able to log an other toon in just fine also in protectors enclave. When I start the game in safe mode, I can log in both toons. :)
  • chelseacrafterchelseacrafter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Takes about 5 or 6 tries but I FINALLY can log in.

And I swear... If PWE and Cryptic singlehandedly brought about mass extinction on the planet we'd still have to read people falling all over themselves to say what a great job they are doing as we were are in the throes of dying.

This is my 4th PWE beta... this is NOT a good job at all. It's not the fact there are issues... It's the slacking & ignoring & not fixing serious issues.
  • murpalmurpal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes the loading bug has been around for days now, this should have been fixed day 1 it was reported since I now have friends leaving to play other games...Im sure they arent the only ones. The quest journal is full of bugs too, Im guessing that will be around forever, Id go into details but since it pretty obvious Im assuming its common knowledge.
  • mccarronxldmccarronxld Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Haven't been able to log in for a couple days now after many attempts, including attempts with safe mode. I also tried logging in on different characters, and also logging in on a different computer. I am either the unluckiest Irishman in the world or it is not just random chance. :)
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."
  • gmk303gmk303 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been having this issue as well.

I was able to fix it by lowing my graphics all the way down, but there are too many loading screens in this game to continue to do this. And I have no intention of playing this game on the lowest graphics settings all the time.

The problem started after the most recent patch.
  • spykejuggalospykejuggalo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just waited like 3 hours...
  • romulanpuddingromulanpudding Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have 2 characters in Protector's Enclave, and I get stuck at the loading screen. It hangs forever.

My other 2 characters are NOT in Protector's Enclave, and I have no problems loading/playing them.
  • mandraymandray Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this - every patch has made the game worse...more laggy, more freezes and crashes and the gpu turns in the red...u should really test your patches and your engine

basically your new idiotic patch broke the game for me - patched, wanted to play this weekend - cant get passed the login screen, i tried a dozen times now - games broken...im waiting 48 hours, after that im gonna charge back my cc - no game, no money

lol whiney little children these days. Game has worked perfectly for me and all of my friends but I wouldn't expect someone who uses passed instead of past to be that smart in the first place and just tries to blame everything else for your problems.
  • patrickedd831patrickedd831 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When the yellow bar gets to the end try minimizing the game for a few seconds and then bring it back up. Works for me 100% of the time in the Enclave.
  • gehenna1978gehenna1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can we please get an update on this issue? I have a few characters stuck and while I can use the workarounds such as launching in safe mode or logging out anywhere but Protector's Enclave those are workarounds not fixes.

I was able to play fine up until this weekend so that would suggest something has changed. If you need logs or configs I'll be happy to provide them if it helps resolve this quicker.
  • cefarixcefarix Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When is this going to be fixed? I'm not gonna play this in safemode forever.
  • kasuharikasuhari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I found a temporarily solution that may help that I did always work. When your screen won't load and stop, press CTRL+ALT+Delete, it bring up a Windows Task Manager, then click back to Neverwinter in Task Manager again and press any key and it will load again. Very strange, it's like it's not registering with the client.
  • necronomniconnecronomnicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kasuhari wrote: »
    I found a temporarily solution that may help that I did always work. When your screen won't load and stop, press CTRL+ALT+Delete, it bring up a Windows Task Manager, then click back to Neverwinter in Task Manager again and press any key and it will load again. Very strange, it's like it's not registering with the client.

I had this issue on most characters parked in enclave, wher eone would load and the rest wouldnt. I thought it was my instance it was setting to packed or something, but anyways, alt+tab and then resuming the window also helped me. then I saw the press any key screen, so if i get stuck loading enclave I alt+tab now. wait about 2 or 3 seconds before you resume the game , it should appear every time that way.
    So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,
    Farewell remorse; all good to me is lost.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • savuxsavatuxsavuxsavatux Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I fixed problem this way:
    RMB on launcher, click on troubleshot compatibility - OS will chage ur compatibility to Windows XP sp 2 - play game ...
  • spacevaginaspacevagina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

We have identified an issue where some players are not able to advance past the loading screen after selecting a character and loading a map.

We are investigating this issue now and hope to have a resolution soon.

In the short term, we have found that many players have been able to work around this issue by loading Neverwinter in Safe Mode. You can load into Safe Mode by opening the Neverwinter Launcher, then clicking on Options.

Additionally, some players have reported that hitting a key after the yellow bar finishes (even though the Press Any Key prompt has not yet appeared) has helped as well.

Thanks for your patience while we work on this issue!

-Dezstravus and the Neverwinter Team

When stuck just minimize and maximize the game and its fixed..
  • saltybhallssaltybhalls Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Me and one of my friends had this problem.

The hitting a key was due to a previous problem and does not work for the new problem.
    However we found that it is character related in some way.

Solution log into another character and log out then you can play your bugged character again.
  • barathian333barathian333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013

how is it your working on this issue, when your really working on stupid quest loot ?
    The quest “Retake What's Mine” has had its rewards reduced slightly.
    The quest “Prisoners of War” has had its rewards reduced slightly.

how bout trying to fix the issues at hand, that are affecting people to play the game or log in?
    you dont want to upset 1/2 your player base this early in the game.

ps: im done with your game, enough is enough. $300 founder/hero packs. last time ill be purchasing a PW/cryptic game. learn to listen to you player base. read your forums more, and see what players are gryping about, and mabey oneday you will create a great game. thx for the train ride while ill lasted :)
  • samuraikingssamuraikings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maintenance just ended. They fixed 5 ****ing chests and cleaned the AH of loot from those chests. No actual fixes of mechanics or logging in was done at all. What. The. ****.
    Foundry Name: "Wolframs Last Stand" (@Holythirst)
    Foundry Map: Blacklake District
    Type: Campaign, Story, Dungeon - 5 bosses, 1-2 players
    Current State: Version 2.2 is up. Full release. Try it with code below.

Short Code: NW-DU2BES2WA
  • dr3yfussdr3yfuss Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey Everyone,

We have identified an issue where some players are not able to advance past the loading screen after selecting a character and loading a map.

We are investigating this issue now and hope to have a resolution soon.

In the short term, we have found that many players have been able to work around this issue by loading Neverwinter in Safe Mode. You can load into Safe Mode by opening the Neverwinter Launcher, then clicking on Options.

Additionally, some players have reported that hitting a key after the yellow bar finishes (even though the Press Any Key prompt has not yet appeared) has helped as well.

here maybe i can get my answer, i got banned 1 week ago on neverwinter, i sent 5 tickets no one i get answer too, i was banned just for send one website to my friend, while i was writing the website in the moment i press "Enter" i got the ban, i didnt receive any e-mail and i dont have any answer of any admin or support about my ban, i'll be pleased if u guys can resolve that! im not playing since my ban, hoping for one answer!
  • nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sigh... so this wasn't enough of a priority issue to get fixed in the last patch? You broke it the patch before so surely you must know how to fix it????

Getting really fed up of having to mess around just to login.
  • orieldaveorieldave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nevfe wrote: »
    Sigh... so this wasn't enough of a priority issue to get fixed in the last patch? You broke it the patch before so surely you must know how to fix it????

Getting really fed up of having to mess around just to login.

Couldn't agree more, this is very poor indeed.