test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Worst pvp of any mmo?

pzg33pzg33 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
really can anyone name a worse one?
it s AWFUL on every level. daliys 1 shotting, block, no dr on anything, rogue range dmg spam, dodge being semi worthless AWFUL sprite detection, bad LoS. really. its stunning. pong>nw pvp wise.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tell us how you really feel :rolleyes:
  • ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pzg33 wrote: »
    it s AWFUL on every level. daliys 1 shotting, block, no dr on anything, rogue range dmg spam, dodge being semi worthless AWFUL sprite detection, bad LoS. really. its stunning. pong>nw pvp wise.

I don't think you understand things.

Yes the dailies suck but blocking? You are complaining about blocking? Really? You know DPS classes can burn through guard meter in just a few seconds?

Also, the most popular spec for GF relies on them to NOT block because as they block damage they lose offensive capability (basically 1% block lost = 1% extra power loss)
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    as soon as you cry about the very weak rogue ranged attack, it marks you as very green. That is a super low damage attack, only gets 12 shots before it has to build up again (slowly) and hits for a fraction of a real attack. Its like crying about ray of frost from CW or something.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    noroblad wrote: »
    as soon as you cry about the very weak rogue ranged attack, it marks you as very green. That is a super low damage attack, only gets 12 shots before it has to build up again (slowly) and hits for a fraction of a real attack. Its like crying about ray of frost from CW or something.

Are we playing the same game? Its stronger then Clerics spear of light and its MUCH stronger then it.
  • famexx1famexx1 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013

the ranged attack rogues have is not super weak, not sure what game you're playing...
    edited May 2013

You should probably educate yourself before acting like you know anything.

here's a vid I happened upon of some of those weak rogue ranged attacks.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y48A7iA3q6w&lc=BN_uAf3O7kn8lfMX-YTsYFDXD2P5sMeTCGVGJYiDIoU

oh and my main is a CW and 12-14k ray of frost crits are pretty weak also right? :rolleyes:
  • pickygamerpickygamer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

OUt of a dozen matches today about 9 of them contained rogues in stealth majority of the time throwing daggers. The damage stacks up quick with each consecutive hit and if they are in stealth its hard to know which way to doge to stop the stacks. And don't dont hate on ray of frost.....it helps with blockers and soemtimes the best way for me to slow down a GF who likes to make me fly (and while my cc's are on cooldown)
  • pickygamerpickygamer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nukeyoo wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y48A7iA3q6w&lc=BN_uAf3O7kn8lfMX-YTsYFDXD2P5sMeTCGVGJYiDIoU

oh and my main is a CW and 12-14k ray of frost crits are pretty weak also right? :rolleyes:

Lol I think I fought you today......god I hate those throwing daggers....I hate them sooo much. Making me guess a direction and dodge lol
  • talesmithtalesmith Member Posts: 116
    edited May 2013
    Of all the mmo I've played this one definatly has the worst pvp. Short TTK does not go well with lots of cc.
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Hmmm. I disagree completely with the OP- actually the pvp in NW is great and would be one of the best in the genre with a few more maps, new gamemodes, fix the queues and afk problem .

However, I'm not sure of this weak ranged rogue attack of which you speak- at level 60 rogues have killed my CW with just the ranged attack (CW in full T1 pvp gear).
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

The only saving grace about NW pvp is that there aren't any real rewards to compete for so there's no point in giving a **** about balance.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • dukemandukeman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They should make a debuff on all classes (not cleric because honestly really...) that reduces damage of all abilities by like 50% or so in pvp. This way at the very least skirmishes aren't series of 2 shotting eachother.
    edited May 2013
    dukeman wrote: »
    They should make a debuff on all classes (not cleric because honestly really...) that reduces damage of all abilities by like 50% or so in pvp. This way at the very least skirmishes aren't series of 2 shotting eachother.

Yeah because 1 AS should render people completely invincible in pvp.
    edited May 2013
    lol you do realize at 60 as isn't that almighty its more like the only thing that keeps you from being completely useless.
    edited May 2013
    dukeman wrote: »
    lol you do realize at 60 as isn't that almighty its more like the only thing that keeps you from being completely useless.

If dps hit for half as much and the DC doesn't sit somewhere they can be knocked out of their AS easily? The ability would be monsterous.
  • kaasdoekkaasdoek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i love pvp in this game. no bull**** resillience. Just fast action
    edited May 2013
    Fast action by its very nature isn't conducive to healers.
  • chabowbieschabowbies Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013

12k rof. Doesn't happen. Calm down w Ur imaginary banter.
    INB4, INB4
  • xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about someone actually answer the OP's question?
    Offhand, only thing i can think of is Crystal Saga. I understand they did, at some point, fix modes so you could turn off PvP. When I played it it was broken, so always full, open world PvP, with no level brackets.
    Think: NW with full out, constant, open world PvP; Lvl 60 epic PK specialty guilds camped at the entrance to Blackdagger Ruins...
    edited May 2013
    xunxan wrote: »
    How about someone actually answer the OP's question?
    Offhand, only thing i can think of is Crystal Saga. I understand they did, at some point, fix modes so you could turn off PvP. When I played it it was broken, so always full, open world PvP, with no level brackets.
    Think: NW with full out, constant, open world PvP; Lvl 60 epic PK specialty guilds camped at the entrance to Blackdagger Ruins...

Defiance PVP is a monstrous pile of ****.
    edited May 2013
    chabowbies wrote: »
    12k rof. Doesn't happen. Calm down w Ur imaginary banter.

lol my mistake.. was refering to icy rays not ray of frost.
  • xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    Defiance PVP is a monstrous pile of ****.
    Haven't tried it, thanks for the heads up.
    Love the show though :)
  • chabowbieschabowbies Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol my mistake.. was refering to icy rays not ray of frost.

Ah I was gonna say lol. Can't comment on that however as my cw doesn't use ir. Better encounters available imho.
    INB4, INB4
  • pzg33pzg33 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i stick by what i said. utter spice girl pvp design on every level. if you like it then you like ****** clamps. btw im not talking so much about 1 class. i mean as a whole. daliys 1 shottin gis just AWFUL game design. lowers the skill cap lower than a 2 dolla teen hooker in a beiber tour bus.
    edited May 2013
    xunxan wrote: »
    Haven't tried it, thanks for the heads up.
    Love the show though :)

Imagine NW pvp if literally every match had 9 rogues in it.
  • kinnoyurikinnoyuri Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well totally ****ty dodge system. have Devs tried playing GWF and GF vs CW and Rouges. *Dodge. Choke..Blink Blink..Hide & Smoke.*Dashing to your death. WTF was this Dash for?...and GWF <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ANIMATION IS SO SLOW totally dodgable even kindergartens can evade those attacks.
  • cerebral79cerebral79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kinnoyuri wrote: »
    Well totally ****ty dodge system. have Devs tried playing GWF and GF vs CW and Rouges. *Dodge. Choke..Blink Blink..Hide & Smoke.*Dashing to your death. WTF was this Dash for?...and GWF <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ANIMATION IS SO SLOW totally dodgable even kindergartens can evade those attacks.

if ur a gf use frontline surge, bull charge, and lunging strike for your encounters, and threatening rush as your right at will and you will be jumping and lunging around so fast its hard for anyone to hit you.
  • geflingeflin Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hard to imagine a worse design that what we've got going on right now.

No big heals but huge spike damage
    Dailies on some classes nearly one-shotting people
    Crowd control that is out of control
  • gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Watching that video made me wanna make a vodka and tonic and put my cool shades on (music was pretty **** chill.).

Getting back to Rogues and this PvP, Rangers and Scourge Warlock's damage will be worse than this if they do not put in a base line damage modifier for every class in PvP (or on gear). Currently right now, raw stats determine damage and people know this (Hence, t2 PvE gear ruling PvP currently.).

I mean if they put in other strikers and actually give GWF a solid role (Tank or dps.).
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    I don't know about you guys but I haven't been able to play a single actual PvP match once tonight. Two or more bots on every team, AFKers, people glitched out and not teleporting in...

yeah, PvP sucks right now. Really bad.