test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Summer swimsuit, bikini fashion items, (maybe wings if possible)

hycinthushycinthus Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Summer is approaching, and almost every MMO out there is doing a summer event, typically accompanied by swimwear, swimsuit, bikini fashion items for completing such event.

Is this going to be available for Neverwinter? Has anyone heard of anything?

Also post your opinion below if you think you'd enjoy this type of event.
Post edited by hycinthus on

Comments

• Options
    broedat1broedat1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No way on hell. This is the Forgotten Realms not some teenie frat party. geezuz what is it with everyone wanting wings and bikinis in their MMO. Go play Sims or something.
  • Options
    devostifdevostif Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't want to see any of the character models in this game in swimsuits. I think Tera has events like this if you're interested in them and NW has no plans to implement this.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    But I think events are very common not just in TERA, but in every MMO. You have halloween event, christmas event, etc. And summer event is only natural at this time of year.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    broedat1 wrote: »
    No way on hell. This is the Forgotten Realms not some teenie frat party. geezuz what is it with everyone wanting wings and bikinis in their MMO. Go play Sims or something.

Does "aion bypassers" give you a hint?
  • Options
    travail01travail01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No out-of-universe stuff like bikinis and clip-on wings, please.

-Travail.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bikini babes with pointy ears. Yay!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    In medieval times, bikinies didn't even exist. :rolleyes:

It doesn't have to be bikini. It can be some form of short/skin-baring summer wear.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    In medieval times, bikinies didn't even exist. :rolleyes:

But there is time travel in D&D. I once made a wizard fight a shot-gun totin' imp. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kaninchenkaninchen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can see why purists wouldn't want bikinis, but it would be nice to have a summer event with lore-appropriate summery garb.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    But there is time travel in D&D. I once made a wizard fight a shot-gun totin' imp. lol

What would time travel have to do with it? Its not like we are playing on Earth. Its a different world. Who is to say their future or past would be anything like ours.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    What would time travel have to do with it? Its not like we are playing on Earth. Its a different world. Who is to say their future or past would be anything like ours.

Agreed, they have warforged, and we still don't have sentient bipedal automatons yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    50849-Grumpy-Cat-GOOD-and-NO-memes-flSp.jpeg
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    devostif wrote: »
    I don't want to see any of the character models in this game in swimsuits. I think Tera has events like this if you're interested in them and NW has no plans to implement this.

Don't say NW has no plans cause you don't know what stuff they have planned
  • Options
    arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Sex sells! Take my money and give me armorkinis!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • Options
    iamdoctordeathiamdoctordeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Most female gear already shows off half your body anyway. Swimsuits not Forgotten Realms? Well apparently full plate with multiple gaping holes is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aftorianaftorian Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry, but this is an awful idea.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    Don't say NW has no plans cause you don't know what stuff they have planned

For sure. Lets not forget this is something fairly common in Eastern F2P mmos. And despite Cryptics spin on this. An Eastern MMO holds the purse strings. So its safe to say that nothing is off the table or over the top. As long as WoTC has no issue with it, its all fair game.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    travail01 wrote: »
    No out-of-universe stuff like bikinis...

How about in-universe ones? :rolleyes:
    The_Dark_Queen_of_Krynn_Coverart.png
    tumblr_lvp2xb1ZTg1qd846zo1_400.jpg
    Ad%26d_pools_of_darkness.png

kidding, somewhat
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    90% of females illustrated in the 4th edition player handbooks, graphic novels, etc. have their cleavage, stomach, and legs exposed anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    midnightmaladymidnightmalady Member Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    I'm so sick of non-functional wings...
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm so sick of non-functional wings...

Play aion then.
  • Options
    sallee132sallee132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    im really sick of this skimpy armors/fashions in every MMO game.I hope those sort of fashions will never be presented to Neverwinter (especially <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Wings),go play perfect world or something if u want to look like freaking fairy.I like elegant fashions that are present in Neverwinter,i want that playing this game reminds me on NWN original and NWN 2 and not some other MMO.There are no bikinis in NWN so simply NO.I know that this is an MMO but also this is forgotten realm game.U and other people that want this in game clearly didnt played any of "forgotten realms" games
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sallee132 wrote: »
    im really sick of this skimpy armors/fashions in every MMO game.I hope those sort of fashions will never be presented to Neverwinter (especially <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Wings),go play perfect world or something if u want to look like freaking fairy.I like elegant fashions that are present in Neverwinter,i want that playing this game reminds me on NWN original and NWN 2 and not some other MMO.There are no bikinis in NWN so simply NO.I know that this is and MMO but also this is forgotten realm game.U and other people that want this in game clearly didnt played and of "forgotten realms" games

You totally missed the pic of the Forgotten Realms book with bikini babes on the cover.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lsyalsya Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nothing says sexy like a dwarf bikini contest. ;)
    L'sya Raiya
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please no..can't we have one MMO that doesn't have sillyass pop culture BS.

Don't Hipsterfy D&D.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    ambermajambermaj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't mind some more non-combat fashion for wearing around town and for RP. I'd prefer the stripperwear and bikinis stay far away but if the only way to get some normal everyday dresses, breeches and tunics is to suffer that, I can be tolerant :/
    Cuz you sebestimated me!
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sallee132 wrote: »
    but also this is forgotten realm game.U and other people that want this in game clearly didnt played any of "forgotten realms" games

Hey, it could be a special Underdark beach, and they could let people have the Drow Priestess outfits that are already in-game! ;)

edit: I don't particularly want/expect this either, I'm just having fun pointing out the holes in the arguments. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    theamorabunnytheamorabunny Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    Why not have wings? Its not like this game follows strict DnD lore and rulesets anyway, and there's no RolePlaying to be found. If going deep, may as well go all the way deep.