test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please Read if you are Stuck/Frozen at the Loading Screen

Comments

• stormpoet01stormpoet01 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would suggest everyone check for updates to their graphics cards... could be part of the problem. I know there was an update for Nvidia but idk about ATI or any other cards. Since I upgraded mine I haven't had any issues.
  • makovornmakovorn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Protector's Enclave seems to be the only problem for me when trying to either log-in, or to get back into the place via travel or when finishing i.e. a PvP match. Safe mode does help, but it's a bit irritating reconfiguring your video settings *every* time you try to enter the place ... and everything is there, so you can't really avoid it.

I hope a fix for this is forthcoming. I have the latest non-beta Nvidia drivers installed, and as I said, Protector's Enclave seems to be the issue (at least in my case).
  • funkycoldmadeenafunkycoldmadeena Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any word on a fix. I mean a FIX, not work around. My alts work just fine (and live in Protectors) My main will not load. Funny thing, it was fine this afternoon. Played for ages. Id already updated my drivers 2 days ago. Nothing had changed from then to my attempt to log in now. Wasn't even aware of an issue till now. So, NEVERWINTER, whats the news?

UPDATE I think ive found a link here. I was able to play a few hours ago, on my main, no problems. I took a break and prior to accessing the game, I logged into the Gateway. I have 3 characters. 2 were in active crafting. I collected the finished items, and gave my main a new task. Then logged off. Now, I cant access the 2 characters who had active crafting, and were accessed by me in the Gateway, but the one who was idle gives me game access. Has anyone else found this to be the case with their game?
  • dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    upgrading to 320.18 drivers helped for all but my control wizard. still can't get passed the loading screen in protector's enclave, not even in safe mode.

holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> fix this game. why are these programmers so inept.
  • tirwen1tirwen1 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had this happen earlier. I had logged on my characters and went to log in my first character, which hung loading PE. Once I exited the game completely, I was able to log in fine. My graphics are not on the highest settings, nor did I need to log in in safe mode.
  • july1300july1300 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    i didn't say refund. i said you would get all of your in-game zen back in neverwinter. here's the link:

FAQ: Zen in Neverwinter Beta?

go back and read your link again it states before open beta u will be refunded we are in open beta now i was refunded before this began but trust u wont get it again.
  • daxtax86daxtax86 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This is still an issue and has been for more than 24 hours now.

Personally, having tried over ~20 times the past 24 hours I can't get on unless I launch safe-mode which makes the game, well at least for me, unplayable. So could you please look to actually fix this problem soon, you've held maintenances for less urgent matters in the past, even if we're only a couple of hundred people with this issue it is extremely frustrating....
    GM aka "Mafia Boss" of <Midget Mafia> Danish guild @ Beholder.

Main: "Daxt", Trickster Rogue @ Beholder.
    Alt: "Daxt-Two", Great Weapon Fighter @ Beholder

Tune in @ http://da.twitch.tv/daxt86
  • travestiiitravestiii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm surprised to be making this post as I have been playing since Alpha and have never experienced this bug up to this point. I haven't made any recent changes to my setup, so I am unable to determine what might have changed. Pressing any button did not work for me, however the Safe Mode option worked. Once I was back in the game, I noticed that my graphics settings had changed so I'm in the process of resetting those. Would be happy to provide any data or feedback requested (what happened to my BUG button??? :cool: )
  • hulkh0yganhulkh0ygan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is a real piece of ****, stuck on the loading screen almost four days? fix it or die (as game)
  • mordaenmordaen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm getting really tired of this problem. It's not something that should be persisting this long, and "workarounds" shouldn't have to be used to log into the game.

It's not a beta - you're taking money, so the game's launched, no matter what you call it.
  • thestatesmanthestatesman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    Holy ****, please fix this issue already.
  • inkiesquidinkiesquid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    i didn't say refund. i said you would get all of your in-game zen back in neverwinter. here's the link:

FAQ: Zen in Neverwinter Beta?

wrong!!!!!!!

that applied to the closed beta only, as you can see from the FAQ:
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Q: If I spend Zen during Open Beta, will I get it back when Neverwinter launches?
    A: No, all Zen spent during Open Beta will be final purchases. It will not be returned or refunded after it is spent.
  • delorean4evrdelorean4evr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did the safe mode <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, 8bit graphics and still couldn't play. Rubber banding badly. Cant leave PE because of the annoying "take 2 steps forward and get yanked back facing a stupid wall !" thing.
    edited May 2013
    I would suggest everyone check for updates to their graphics cards... could be part of the problem. I know there was an update for Nvidia but idk about ATI or any other cards. Since I upgraded mine I haven't had any issues.

Updating my nvidia drivers didn't do anything sadly.

• tlariatlaria Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow just happened to me :( I can play my other char (which is lvl 2 and not a keeper), but not my main. Sucks when you want to start your 8+ hour crafts and can't, lol. Ah well, such is beta and gaming in general, Good times w the bad.

Guess I'll delete and remake a char I'll actually want to keep to play during periods like this. Just disappointing I won't have that exotic Cape of Catastrophe!! :)
    edited May 2013
    tlaria wrote: »
    Wow just happened to me :( I can play my other char (which is lvl 2 and not a keeper), but not my main. Sucks when you want to start your 8+ hour crafts and can't, lol. Ah well, such is beta and gaming in general, Good times w the bad.

Guess I'll delete and remake a char I'll actually want to keep to play during periods like this. Just disappointing I won't have that exotic Cape of Catastrophe!! :)

You can use the Gateway to craft, I think I had gone absolutely mental if that tool hadn't been in effect since this bug kicked in....

• tlariatlaria Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How to Launch in Safe Mode: Launch game like regular, where it asks for username and password, click the options up top and mark Safe Mode. Should work(for most). Enjoy!
    daxtax86 wrote: »
    You can use the Gateway to craft, I think I had gone absolutely mental if that tool hadn't been in effect
    since this bug kicked in....

*Looks into gateway* Thanks daxtax86! Wish I found it before replying...

I just got in launching in Safe Mode so found ur post too late, T_T.
  • wyzeguyywyzeguyy Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, my loading screen goes to 100% and sits there for about 10 minutes, eventually "hit any key" appears and then I can proceed into the game.

Tad annoying.
  • scatheukscatheuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    When will this be fixed? Last post I saw was suggesting the fix was using safe mode which doesn't work. Did PW just drop this all together as an issue because someone on the internet said something fixed it. Did you test it at all? Because it doesn't work.
  • viridian2viridian2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am really cheesed off with not being able to play, none of the fixes work for me. I go into Safe Mode I get in for about 30 seconds then the screen freezes and I get messages saying my computer cannot connect. This is a great game but if we have to wait too long then maybe we won't come back, this has gone on too long.
  • inalaniinalani Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here ! No response at the Protectors enclave screen!
    R O F L M A O :cool:
  • brynne1brynne1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So this is not the first time I am posting regarding the same issues. I can not do a single thing in this game and haven't been able to since the "Catuday" server roll back. I am absolutely getting fed up with not being able to get past a load screen, or, on the rare occasion that I can, I can't do anything. No chat, no crafting, no interactions of any kind. I bought the $60 pack and then have spent my hard earned money on Zen. I wish I hadn't. I love this game and think it has great potential, but you obviously are in over your heads. I don't want to hear about the "Beta" either. You took my money and gave me a less than quality product. Are you ever going to get these "known issues" corrected? I still subscribe to WoW and there are plenty of other free to play mmo's out there. You are going to end up losing a portion of your potential player base before you game ever goes live.
  • samuraikingssamuraikings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    brynne1 wrote: »
    So this is not the first time I am posting regarding the same issues. I can not do a single thing in this game and haven't been able to since the "Catuday" server roll back. I am absolutely getting fed up with not being able to get past a load screen, or, on the rare occasion that I can, I can't do anything. No chat, no crafting, no interactions of any kind. I bought the $60 pack and then have spent my hard earned money on Zen. I wish I hadn't. I love this game and think it has great potential, but you obviously are in over your heads. I don't want to hear about the "Beta" either. You took my money and gave me a less than quality product. Are you ever going to get these "known issues" corrected? I still subscribe to WoW and there are plenty of other free to play mmo's out there. You are going to end up losing a portion of your potential player base before you game ever goes live.

Contact them and ask for a refund. A lot of people have gotten it on even the $200 packs. This game has gameplay. While it is amazing, everything else from questing, mechanics, even logging in is broken or not working as it should. This game is like most of PWE's other games, not worth spending a dime on. Enjoy the extremely limited play you can get out of this Pay to Win title and then move on.

I originally felt bad for Cryptic because I thought PWE was pushing the cash shop on them, which is probably still true, but my real issues are being unable to even play the game and their horrible coding mistakes that they make on multiple games. Not to mention their white-knighting community is terrible. There are maybe 30% of us speaking out about how bad the game is right now, trying to get them to get off their *** and fix the game because we WANT to play it, while the rest just say "beta" like mentally challenged pre-schoolers.
    Foundry Name: "Wolframs Last Stand" (@Holythirst)
    Foundry Map: Blacklake District
    Type: Campaign, Story, Dungeon - 5 bosses, 1-2 players
    Current State: Version 2.2 is up. Full release. Try it with code below.

Short Code: NW-DU2BES2WA
  • halobravojjhalobravojj Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Contact them and ask for a refund. A lot of people have gotten it on even the $200 packs. This game has gameplay. While it is amazing, everything else from questing, mechanics, even logging in is broken or not working as it should. This game is like most of PWE's other games, not worth spending a dime on. Enjoy the extremely limited play you can get out of this Pay to Win title and then move on.

I originally felt bad for Cryptic because I thought PWE was pushing the cash shop on them, which is probably still true, but my real issues are being unable to even play the game and their horrible coding mistakes that they make on multiple games. Not to mention their white-knighting community is terrible. There are maybe 30% of us speaking out about how bad the game is right now, trying to get them to get off their *** and fix the game because we WANT to play it, while the rest just say "beta" like mentally challenged pre-schoolers.

Yeah i want to play this game as well, but tbh i am really regretting having spent any money on this game. It has a lot of potential that is going to go largely wasted. It makes me think back on Warhammer online, it had a lot of potential and it was incredibly fun to play... but it had too many bugs and server issues during beta as well as launch and the game ended up mostly dying out within the first few months. I understand that you cant work on a game forever and it has to eventually be released... but when an MMO releases with so many game breaking issues it only ends up killing the game.
  • funkycoldmadeenafunkycoldmadeena Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well. From what Ive read here, its not just me. I had suggested there was some connection to this issue and the Gateway, but I guess thats wrong, if others are still able to play. Im also noting a sudden silence from a usually chatty support team. I wonder whats happened? Anyway. Lets see what they do next...
  • drenchkatdrenchkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having this problem. The launch in safe mode allows me to get into the game, but its running on the lowest settings and does not allow the option to change to full graphics.
  • arkitan2arkitan2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Where is the any key?!
  • rodnilaxrodnilax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arkitan2 wrote: »
    Where is the any key?!

OOH!! Maybe I should open a Tab while i wait....wooops no time for a Tab now the computer is starting up!!
  • gadzewksgadzewks Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about an update on this issue?

Its STILL happening.

Or better yet, let me put it a way that PWE/Cryptic will understand:

Every day that people cant log in, is a day they cant spend money.
  • rascha829rascha829 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This used to happen to me. I fixed it by lowering my graphics setting for now. Just click Options when you are at the character screen.