Install Arc
Options

Envy's DPS Guardian Fighter compendium.

Comments

• Options
    onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vaichana wrote: »
    To my knowledge there are no such bosses. Either they do huge super-slow telegraphed attacks or they hit for less than your average add with their normal attacks.

Sorry, my bad. From what I see it's the Ads that get ya. Big boss preparing an attack while ads in the back doing massive AOE on ya. Ya this is a pain for things like PvE. I hope they change it back >.>, or fix it.
  • Options
    nolifekrippariannolifekripparian Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Question:isn't better to stack power on gear and slots since it gets doubled by reckless attacker instead of using tenebrous and stacking crit?
  • Options
    sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Question:isn't better to stack power on gear and slots since it gets doubled by reckless attacker instead of using tenebrous and stacking crit?

Not for PvP, for PvE you want: recovery 3k > ArP 22% > Power
  • Options
    donvandaodonvandao Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    timeless set is bis to pvp and regent set is the second best option for pvp ?
  • Options
    fourceyfourcey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Regarding Armor Specialization, what exactly does "Increase the effectiveness" mean?

For instance, I have 198 Defense on my gear and with 3/3 Armor Spec, my paper doll says 198.
  • Options
    vaichanavaichana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    donvandao wrote: »
    timeless set is bis to pvp and regent set is the second best option for pvp ?

Envy would know better but I feel safe to say that Regent is the "second best option" for... nothing at the moment. Even if you use stalwart in pvp and get hit only ONCE you are already getting twice as much power than what you would get with Regent...
    The "offset" pieces Envy listed are an awesome, cheap alternative to Timeless for pvp, and are probably the second best. Stalwart Bulwark could be an option, but it requires you to get hit to hit back like a truck, and getting hit in pvp can at times mean that you won't even get the chance to hit back, so it's kinda situational.
  • Options
    homedragonshomedragons Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What are the best stats to go for PvP?
  • Options
    bauk777bauk777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello everyone! ;-)

First, I would like to thank you for your time and effort that you put into making this guide, quality stuff, thanks! I made GF few days ago and I am checking this guide often for feats, skills etc... I have to admit, I didn't read ALL the pages in this thread, went through about 30 so far so I apologize in advance if this has been answered already but I have question or two.

First, In some of your videos I see you are using bull rush and in skill list you said nice things about it but in your pvp rotation or anywhere else you do not mention it. On the other hand, you mention knee breaker often but I don't see it in your videos.

Second, don't you think knee breaker is skill that we do not need, considering we have so many gap closers? I am level 40 now and no class, not even wizard, can make distance. Threatening rush is just so good...

At the moment I am using, luinging strike, griffon strike, frontline surge as encounters and cleave, threatening as at wills and I plan to replace griffon with bull rush at 50+. How that sounds?

Thanks again and best regards,
    Moonhold

P.S. well I just wanted to check again some of your videos to see if I made mistake and was confused about some skills you are using but youtube or your videos wont work atm. nvm here goes post :-)
  • Options
    bodidharmabodidharma Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    envy can u tell me whut enchant and item is on your cat plz...i know u might have posted this before
  • Options
    maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Must be nice having all 'em exploited gears envy ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bauk777 wrote: »
    Hello everyone! ;-)

First, I would like to thank you for your time and effort that you put into making this guide, quality stuff, thanks! I made GF few days ago and I am checking this guide often for feats, skills etc... I have to admit, I didn't read ALL the pages in this thread, went through about 30 so far so I apologize in advance if this has been answered already but I have question or two.

First, In some of your videos I see you are using bull rush and in skill list you said nice things about it but in your pvp rotation or anywhere else you do not mention it. On the other hand, you mention knee breaker often but I don't see it in your videos.

Second, don't you think knee breaker is skill that we do not need, considering we have so many gap closers? I am level 40 now and no class, not even wizard, can make distance. Threatening rush is just so good...

At the moment I am using, luinging strike, griffon strike, frontline surge as encounters and cleave, threatening as at wills and I plan to replace griffon with bull rush at 50+. How that sounds?

Thanks again and best regards,
    Moonhold

P.S. well I just wanted to check again some of your videos to see if I made mistake and was confused about some skills you are using but youtube or your videos wont work atm. nvm here goes post :-)

Sorry I had an update section that explained why I run bull charge now but I think I may have written over it during the last update. I use Lunging/Bull/Frontline now, and sometimes take out Frontline for Knight's Challenge.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bodidharma wrote: »
    envy can u tell me whut enchant and item is on your cat plz...i know u might have posted this before

Profane/Profane/Eldritch

I have power/crit/recov jewelry equipped for it.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    aclassyladyaclassylady Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is it just me or does the screenshot of your feats not match the written out ones? Could you clarify what one is the proper updated ones looked threw all 88 pages didn't see a post about this yet.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Screenshots are more accurate.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    cerebral79cerebral79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey Envy do you know which dungeons the timeless set pieces drop in?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    cerebral79 wrote: »
    Hey Envy do you know which dungeons the timeless set pieces drop in?

Chest - Spider
    Helm - Spellplague
    Gloves - Karrundux
    Boots _ Frozen Heart

Youtube Channel

• Options
    cerebral79cerebral79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hey thanks man
  • Options
    snowballosnowballo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I seriously can't get block to work with the current state it is in.
    Pressing that shift button is like hoping to hit the jackpot on a slotmachine, the effects are totally random.
    PvPing as a guardian now is: Rush in. CC. Hope they die before you have to rely on your defense.
    Snow's Melee Arena: NW-DMT7STJ9E
    Combat arena. Adjustable challenge.
    Difficulty: Adjustable easy - very hard
    Duration: Adjustable 1 - 25min
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Start a cleave swing and cancel it immediately with block. It's a temporary fix until they get to making it work.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    killa530killa530 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was just Wondering at what lvl you begin to shine or it become easy for you to solo stuff in pvp and Pve on GF? Very good guide, i'm liking using your Dps Guardian fighter so far even though i'm only lvl 14 now.
  • Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    31vC8.jpg
    /troll
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    vaichanavaichana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    Seems legit.
  • Options
    ormicsormics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can you tank all t2 using this build?

Also, really looking forward to watch some new pvp videos :)
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    maiku217 wrote: »
    31vC8.jpg
    /troll

Timeless helm is absolutely hideous :D You look like you have some cold war era soviet braces.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    s3z3s3z3 Member Posts: 216 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    unfortunately for us TH set and GF in general is about to take a big nerf.
    Carnage TR Dragon shard - retired? hell yea it's retired along with Nevewinter

Seze - Rogue - Necropolis - <3 RIFT
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    s3z3 wrote: »
    unfortunately for us TH set and GF in general is about to take a big nerf.

What do you mean? :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    Timeless helm is absolutely hideous :D You look like you have some cold war era soviet braces.

When will you state what bug you're abusing.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »
    When will you state what bug you're abusing.

...uhhh...

The sig I wrote to appear exactly like it does now? Help me help you man.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    ...uhhh...

The sig I wrote to appear exactly like it does now? Help me help you man.
    Not you, sorry, maiku
  • Options
    darkslaya27darkslaya27 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hey, just around level 40. i had read comments saying that crushing surge is WAY better than cleave, which is more tanky. that true? it has a higher base damage AND heals you on 3rd hit. also how about anvil of doom? i heard that if you know how to use it right, then it is really good. plz reply.