What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Luna's TR Build Guide

Comments

• Options
    hellion83hellion83 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I prefer the 20% AP gain in stealth. You know you are getting that guaranteed, and my stealth uptime is extremely high. Combat advantage you may not have up as much as stealth, for me anyways.
  • Options
    regii1regii1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know this may seem like a dumb question but I'm still a newbie and you'l have to forgive me. Are those the ability scores you started with or are those the ability scores after level ups etc. I spent a good 5 mins rerolling the dice and never got 24 dex.
    I'm level 19 and i have 15 str, 17 dex and 16 cha. I've put one point into dex and cha at lvl 10. Are my scores terrible or does my hero still have potential in the end game?
  • Options
    byonahbyonah Member Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    regii1 wrote: »
    I know this may seem like a dumb question but I'm still a newbie and you'l have to forgive me. Are those the ability scores you started with or are those the ability scores after level ups etc. I spent a good 5 mins rerolling the dice and never got 24 dex.
    I'm level 19 and i have 15 str, 17 dex and 16 cha. I've put one point into dex and cha at lvl 10. Are my scores terrible or does my hero still have potential in the end game?

They are level 60.
  • Options
    batubabatuba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    hellion83 wrote: »
    I prefer the 20% AP gain in stealth. You know you are getting that guaranteed, and my stealth uptime is extremely high. Combat advantage you may not have up as much as stealth, for me anyways.

You know you have CA when in stealth correct? Also you can get CA out of stealth so more benefit in my opinion
  • Options
    adamupcoadamupco Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been running the EXACT same build for weeks on my stream. My name is Ellohime in game. Great guide. Stop by the stream sometime and watch my videos on youtube if you care.. I think you will get a kick out of how close we are in our builds =D

Have a great day luna. (not going to directly link my twitch because its rude.. but my name is ellohime.. figure it out)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    adamupco wrote: »
    I've been running the EXACT same build for weeks on my stream. My name is Ellohime in game. Great guide. Stop by the stream sometime and watch my videos on youtube if you care.. I think you will get a kick out of how close we are in our builds =D

Have a great day luna. (not going to directly link my twitch because its rude.. but my name is ellohime.. figure it out)

Hey thanks, but by all means do link it. The idea is that this post be an area where you can debate, post and suggest things. If people can watch a very similar build in action, it can only help!
  • Options
    hellion83hellion83 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    batuba wrote: »
    You know you have CA when in stealth correct? Also you can get CA out of stealth so more benefit in my opinion

Yes, but someone did that math already and for 5 points you're only getting ~3-4% damage from that. Also you don't have CA out of stealth unless someone is behind the target as well and in my experience so far I ALWAYS have aggro and people have no idea how to position. I believe it was in Metzli's guide, that the 20% AP gain in stealth is about a 13% increase in AP gain total if you're doing everything correctly. Which in my opinion will dish out more dps overall with the extra dailies you will be pumping out.
  • Options
    phr057by73phr057by73 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First off, I apologize in advance if this has been mentioned somewhere in the thread, I haven't been able to go through it all yet. If anyone is interested on stat capping and where it is currently best to put your points here you go:

Critical Strike starts hitting diminishing returns (DR) at 1900. This means that it takes more and more critical strike to get another percentage. This does not include flat crit chance/percentage gained from talents, stats, feats, etc.

Recovery starts hitting DR at 2900

Armor Pen does not have a DR but you can only reduce mob damage reduction by 22%, this includes bosses. It seems to be flat across the board.

What this means (technically for all damage classes) is that Armor Pen is the most effective stat to cap first to increase your DPS since it is a flat increase and does not vary. So for Rogues, Armor Pen and crit should be your primary stats when enchanting and prioritizing gear. Recovery really isn't that amazing on Rogues because of Dazzling Blades and how our rotation works. Between maintaining bleeds and tossing out Wicked Reminder (if you are using it) then you won't really have much free space in a rotation any way.

Best stat to start pushing after those two is then Power.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    phr057by73 wrote: »
    First off, I apologize in advance if this has been mentioned somewhere in the thread, I haven't been able to go through it all yet. If anyone is interested on stat capping and where it is currently best to put your points here you go:

Critical Strike starts hitting diminishing returns (DR) at 1900. This means that it takes more and more critical strike to get another percentage. This does not include flat crit chance/percentage gained from talents, stats, feats, etc.

Recovery starts hitting DR at 2900

Armor Pen does not have a DR but you can only reduce mob damage reduction by 22%, this includes bosses. It seems to be flat across the board.

What this means (technically for all damage classes) is that Armor Pen is the most effective stat to cap first to increase your DPS since it is a flat increase and does not vary. So for Rogues, Armor Pen and crit should be your primary stats when enchanting and prioritizing gear. Recovery really isn't that amazing on Rogues because of Dazzling Blades and how our rotation works. Between maintaining bleeds and tossing out Wicked Reminder (if you are using it) then you won't really have much free space in a rotation any way.

Best stat to start pushing after those two is then Power.

Im curious to know what gear you need to get the 22% cap and how much Power you sacrifice for it (recovery hard to drop since its on all armor pieces in stead of armor pen)
  • Options
    revusharkingsrevusharkings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    Just fyi, you have Courage Breaker, a Daily Power, listed as an Encounter Power.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Just fyi, you have Courage Breaker, a Daily Power, listed as an Encounter Power.

Thanks for that
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Im curious to know what gear you need to get the 22% cap and how much Power you sacrifice for it (recovery hard to drop since its on all armor pieces in stead of armor pen)

Well my Rogue is newer so I don't have a lot of gear yet, but to give you an idea:
    • My GS is 9,169
    • I have 45% critical strike (75% crit severity) - All out of combat, no modifiers.
    • 19.8% Armor Pen (1941)
    • 2005 Power.

To be honest, Power is actually a pretty weak stat in terms on how much damage you get from it. Armor Pen scale much quicker in terms of sustained damage. I wouldn't worry about power until you hit or get close to the cap.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So I haven't tested this yet (mainly because I don't want to spend 180k AD to re-spec my feats at the moment) but I have been wondering the following:
    • The PvP Set 4-piece set bonus gives 20% more stealth.
    • The Heroic Feat, Improved Cunning Sneak, increases stealth duration by another 20%.
    • The passive Power, Tactics, grants a 15% increase in your Action Points.
    • The Paragon Feat, Cunning Stalker, grants 20% more Action Points when attacking from Stealth.
    • The Heroic Feat, Action Advantage, grants 10% more Action Points when you have Combat Advantage (which you have while stealthed).

Now, I'm not entirely sure if percentages are additive or multiplicative, but I would LOVE to see someone test this if I don't get to it first to see if it would be possible to be in stealth almost indefinitely. Additionally, I run with Bait and Switch when I do PvE because it is an insane AP generator and as a bonus, refills your Stealth Bar if in Stealth.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well my Rogue is newer so I don't have a lot of gear yet, but to give you an idea:
    • My GS is 9,169
    • I have 45% critical strike (75% crit severity) - All out of combat, no modifiers.
    • 19.8% Armor Pen (1941)
    • 2005 Power.

To be honest, Power is actually a pretty weak stat in terms on how much damage you get from it. Armor Pen scale much quicker in terms of sustained damage. I wouldn't worry about power until you hit or get close to the cap.

See I don't think i could do the 2k Power. I'm at 5.7k Power and feel like I hit like a truck already. My core grp I do dungeons with have abilities and plague fire enchant that I don't feel that I'm missing out on Def reduction. Now, once AH is back up and running, I might give the armor pen a go, and share my findings.
  • Options
    evileyecurseevileyecurse Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    can you show us your character stats sheet, so we can have an idea on what an 11.2k GS looks like. Thanks for the guide!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    See I don't think i could do the 2k Power. I'm at 5.7k Power and feel like I hit like a truck already. My core grp I do dungeons with have abilities and plague fire enchant that I don't feel that I'm missing out on Def reduction. Now, once AH is back up and running, I might give the armor pen a go, and share my findings.

Out of curiosity, and if you know off-hand. Do you know how much you hit/cit a dungeon mob? Let's say like first hit on it with either Sly Flourish or Duelist's Fury. I'm using the PvP daggers at the moment and with my current build and stat spread the first hit is around 2.2k non-crit.

Edit: Of course there are modifiers to take into account such as CW debuffs, if you are stealthed or not, etc. What I did was just walk into The Cloak Tower and hit a mob out of stealth.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Out of curiosity, and if you know off-hand. Do you know how much you hit/cit a dungeon mob? Let's say like first hit on it with either Sly Flourish or Duelist's Fury. I'm using the PvP daggers at the moment and with my current build and stat spread the first hit is around 2.2k non-crit.

Edit: Of course there are modifiers to take into account such as CW debuffs, if you are stealthed or not, etc. What I did was just walk into The Cloak Tower and hit a mob out of stealth.

Honestly no idea.
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    IN your Op you mention following a guide for the feats. Might it be this one by chance?

GJ on the guide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pilf3r wrote: »
    IN your Op you mention following a guide for the feats. Might it be this one by chance?

GJ on the guide.

Naw, didnt use a guide. It was through whispers in game witha rogue I had partied with.
  • Options
    syllvvsyllvv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice guide, can you confirm for me that Vorpal is functioning properly and not bugged plz.
  • Options
    krause01krause01 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    syllvv wrote: »
    Nice guide, can you confirm for me that Vorpal is functioning properly and not bugged plz.

Vorpal works, just doesn't show on your stats bar
  • Options
    syllvvsyllvv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    krause01 wrote: »
    Vorpal works, just doesn't show on your stats bar

• Options
    tarsiostarsios Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, according to this guide, should I Increase Str > Cha > Dex ?

I think, i ve read somewhere that this is the most effective order to increase stats?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If you have low crit, then have more dex, if you can maintain around 50% crit with less Dex, then go to other stats. Thats just my opinion
  • Options
    unah1unah1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Thanks so much for this guide batuba! Started using it the other night with a 8.5k gear score.. was outdamaging rogue guildies with 10k+ gearscores... add to this my girly voice in TS and I think more than a few egos have been bruised. =3
    ~~~~~Maeve Trinity :: Una Shinkicker~~~~~
    Grievance
    LiveStreaming (almost) Daily!
  • Options
    luvokeeluvokee Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In the case of T1 set equipments, which is better? Shadewalker set ? Master duelist set or Elusive agent set ?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    luvokee wrote: »
    In the case of T1 set equipments, which is better? Shadewalker set ? Master duelist set or Elusive agent set ?

Right now Shadewalker is the best set. Elusive is pointless since Recovery for us is just plain bad. Master Duelist set WOULD be the best set, but the 4-piece set bonus does not work with the At-Will, Duelist's Fury. Until it is fixed, Shadewalker is your best bet.
  • Options
    bori08bori08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how does this build compete with metzli's build ? any big difference?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Sorry guys been gone most of the weekend on holiday, Going to do a 2.0 of this build with an alternative Power selections.
  • Options
    lyme18lyme18 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you very much for the guide.
    Now I need to find a way to get 150k AD to chance up my feats though :/